Sabore - Tioga
13005 SW 1st Road
Tioga, FL 32669Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Sabore - Tioga
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saborerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3523322727x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11am-10pm
Friday - Saturday 11am-11pm
Monday - Open Only for Special Events
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: William Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
A word from Sabore - Tioga
Saboré comes from the Spanish word sabor, meaning flavor, and that's just what you'll find here. Our dishes are inspired by the dynamic cuisines from places like Europe, Asia and South America. So let us surprise your palate with our global flair and exotic ingredients. Experiencing world cuisine this fresh usually requires a passport.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sabore - Tioga - Best Restaurants in Tioga ›
Sabore - Tioga reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (26)romantic (23)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Oh What a Fabulous Meal!Foodies4LifeDined on 9/26/2013We couldn't have been more thrilled with our experience at Sabore. The service was excellent, the food divine, the atmosphere energetic, yet we were able to have our private conversation without yelling to hear each other. Each salad was crisp and fresh, the presentations of each, lovely. Our entrees (duck breast and grilled octopus) were, again, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. We have dined in fine restaurants all over the country and world and Sabore is as excellent, on all levels, as any we have experienced. And the dessert: the "Tres Leches" cake is made on the premises by their pastry chef and is not to be missed! We just can't praise this gem of a restaurant enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotGanBDined on 9/17/2013New to the area and found Sabore to be a great place for a quiet date with amazing foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and ClassprincessaritaDined on 9/11/2013Very nice spot and décor. Food is unique and very well done. Very fresh. The raw menu is amazing. Service is always good. Can be a bit slow so not always a "happening" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2013The mojito was good. The food was not. I go to a lot of tapas restaurants, and at least 80% of the dishes ate good. Not Sabore. They hit on 20 for out group.
- Outstanding meal with shaky startCulinaryAdventurerDined on 8/31/2013It was our first visit to Sabore. The reservation process was a breeze. The hostess showed us straight to our table on arrival. Within moments, a busboy had poured water and told us that our server would be right with us. When no server came after 10 minutes, my wife returned to the hostess to ask if a server was available. Though not assigned to our table, Kelly came right away and we had excellent service the rest of the night. The food was outstanding. We started with some shareable snacks, mak-kobe and mole duck tacos, both were unique and flavorful! We followed with orders of king salmon, fiocchi, and grilled Spanish octopus. The octopus was especially tender and tastey. For dessert we shared a chocolate and bacon brownie. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OutstandingJBJBVIPDined on 8/31/2013We have been to Sabore before, and thought it was very good, but not great. This time it was Outstanding. I cannot think of a single thing that was not done well. I think it is our favorite post Gator's game spot. Fun food, ice cold beer and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceNEtravelerDined on 8/23/2013Our server and the GM went out of their way to make our dining experience exceptional. Met all our special requests.Special Features:
- WonderfulmxylpicDined on 8/17/2013Great experience. It was our anniversary and we were given two complimentary glasses of champagne and got an anniversary greeting on our desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright flairy pizazzOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013A comfortable bustle of energy noted in the air as the restaurant was celebrating its anniversary. In addition, a couple of tables were notably celebrating birthdays and such. Ordering was somewhat of a challenge as we had a couple in our party of four who were new to the restaurant's style & selection. Staff were kind & patient, allowing us to order at our own pace. Food came out strategically to fit the table and our bellies as well. Flavors melded well together as we flowed from one small plate to another, to our shared entrees. Everything flowed as I would have hoped for my first-timers experience. Tostones with ahi tuna is a yummy choice, but tostones were not so warm nor cuttable; are they meant to be a finger-food?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceelent ServiceExcellenceDined on 8/7/2013I made a reservation to celebrate my boyfriends birthday, and from the moment we walked in, the service was excellent and the food was delicious! They helped me surprise him with one of his favorite desserts and a birthday shot when the time was right! The only thing we were not convinced with was the size of the spanish paella; We thought it was too small. Everything else was just wonderful and my boyfriend was very pleased with his surprise dinner celebration. It was his first time going to Sabore. I would totally recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes fine dining and a very nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, so so foodCheda221Dined on 7/20/2013I have eaten at Tapas restaurants all over the country and all have had most have had 4 times the selection of dishes. The quality of the food was good, but the various dishes were a bizarre mix and there wasn't a lot of choices if you aren't a sea food fan. It was a nice unique night out with my wife but we both left there more impressed with the decor than the food. The servers were attentive, friendly and knowledgable, and the bill was reflective of the expensive decor, too bad the food wasn't worth the money.
- first time goerAngelDined on 7/2/2013I was excited about taking my wife out for our 8th year anniversary and was looking for a place where we had never gone before. I searched around and found Sabore so i decided to check it out. WOW is all i can say from the time i went into the restaurant i was greeted very nice, our waiter (KELLY) was amazing, he knew every answer to every question that i had regarding the menu. Everyone that walked past our table congratulated us as if the whole restaurant knew about our anniversay. The food was delicious. It was a very good choice to select Sabore from all the places i looked around for.. THANK YOUSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013We celebrated a friend's birthday on Saturday night. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. She gave us good suggestions. We really enjoyed the tapas as well as the pear stuffed pockets (entree). However, we recommend sharing that entree like a tapas. It's too rich for one person to eat the whole thing. The music was pleasant and set at a level that was very conducive to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes dining out fun!JohnDined on 6/25/2013Great place, great menu, great management! Jc, TiogaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were one of THOSE tables!MartyVIPDined on 6/16/2013We were one of THOSE tables. You know the one. One guest can't eat anything on the menu, another guest shows up 30 minutes late, the remaining two order five different dishes and a different wine for each one (with lots of questions about the wines). Age range from 17 to 87, literally. You know that table, right? We were like the final exam in a food and beverage service training. And the server handled it all brilliantly. Everyone got exactly what he or she wanted. Food was terrific. We ate inside, but outside looks so inviting that we will be back. What a gem of a place.Special Features:
- Great presentation on theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2013Great presentation on the French Onion but the soup was so far diluted it was almost like hot water, Filet was excellent, great flavor, lamb chops were too, Shrimp Ceviche not a Ceviche, more like a salsa with a few shrimp and warm sweet potato, very poor.. You could have a great meal but its a little hit and MISS!!!
- Great anniversary mealBananajoeDined on 6/8/2013We are new to the neighborhood and decided to try Sabore for the first time. It was an excellent meal, very attentive and competent service, and great atmosphere. The selections were varied and everything we tried was delicious. We went with the tapas (referred to as shareable snacks on menu) so sampled a variety of dishes. I would recommend Sabore to anyone, we will dine there again.Special Features:
- Saturday nightsFoodiegirl77Dined on 6/1/2013Sabore on a Saturday night. I thought the dress code would be dressy for a place that charges over 15-20 a plate. I was wrong. The dress was very casual, although there were a few people (like myself and my date) that actually dressed for a nice dinner. The food was excellent, the waitress was attentive and the wine was great. Overall good experience, next time I'm going in my shorts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!!JohnDined on 5/25/2013No place like it in the Gainesville area; menu is very appealing and covers many appetites. Decor is really fun; staff so Friendly and knowledgable as to the food selections. You won't be sorry you went there! JcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2013Saboré is on par with many large city eateries. The quality is top-notch, and the service is great. I left very, very impressed.Special Features:
- Perfect Graduation DinnertallarobDined on 5/5/2013We were looking for a restaurant in which to celebrate a graduation and were a little apprehensive about the restaurant in Tioga with the funny name - but boy were we pleasantly surprised. Our very friendly and knowledgeable waitress recommended that we eat Tapas style - something I was not familiar with, but it sounded like a good idea. The menu offers smaller, shareable dishes as well as larger dishes meant more for a single person. We had a party of eight and selected 2 each of probably 6-8 of the smaller offerings. We then cut these smaller dishes up into smaller portions yet and shared them among everyone. . All the items we selected were excellent and everyone had more than enough to eat. Total bill $163 w/champagne - perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & ReasonableAccountantDined on 5/4/2013After frantically searching for a resturant in the Gainesville area to celebrate a Graduation, I stumbled upon Sabore. It is a great find, 5 minutes west of I-75. We had to book an early reservation due to our last minute reservation. Thus we were in time for $5.00 martini's at happy hour. We sampled several, including the pear martini and jalepeno martini. Started the meal with salads which the server graciously offered to split. Followed with several starters, including crab cake sliders. These were wonderful and refreshing. If you order the Kobe Beef sliders, hold the sauce as it was too heavy handed for us. Split several dinners, all under $20.. Bacon brownie & ice cream for dessert. Yummy dinner, we'd return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Sabore and weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2013First time at Sabore and we were not disappointed. We very much enjoyed the shareable apps and the entrees were very good too. The service (Jerry) was fantastic. A definite repeat.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and ambiancetoujoursparisDined on 4/25/2013We hadn't been there in quite awhile. For one, the food was good, but not great, and I only go there if the weather is pleasant enough to eat outside as the noise level is atrocious inside. Their menu had some of the old favorites, but also a number of new dishes. Absolutely everything we tasted was amazing. Crab cakes - delish. The raw beef was tender and fabulous. The mushroom risotto was creamy and perfect cooked, with just a hint of crunch. The Thai curry mahi-mahi was delightful, and the pork belly tender and perfect. We also had the Caesar salad, which while tasty, was way over dressed. Definitely wouldn't suggest that or maybe ask them to go minimal on the dressing. The service wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.Special Features:
- They changed the menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013They changed the menu and dropped some key staples of Spanish tapas, which I find disappointing. But everything was very good.Special Features:
- Our server Amanda was terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/22/2013Our server Amanda was terrific. Her knowledge of the menu along with drink information perfect.
- Being a Spanish restaurant,MaryKDined on 3/16/2013Being a Spanish restaurant, I was surprised to find out that they do not offer cava in their wine list. Had prosecco instead! Ordered an entree portion of their paella but was served in a tiny dish. 'Twas rather hard to manage all the shellfish on my plate. Other than these 2 issues, everything went well. Everybody in my party seemed to enjoy their food. Their house cab is excellent, btw. And oh, the brownie with bacon bits is absolutely to die for!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Really enjoyed the Comfortable atmosphere. Excellent FoodSpecial Features:
- They were running a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013They were running a special for Valentine's Day but you were also able to order from the regular menu which was great!!Special Features:
- a delight to your palateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Waitress frequently interrupted our conversations without a polite pause or saying "please excuse my interruption", which would allow us to stop our conversation & direct our attention to her at our discretion.Special Features:
- We chose Sabore for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013We chose Sabore for a special occasion and were not disappointed. The service and food were excellent, with more traditional choices (coconut shrimp, crab cakes) and more eclectic ones (fiocchi with pear and Gorgonzola) for every taste. The churrasco steak with chimichurri and plantain mash entree was, by far, our best dish of the night - my husband keeps talking about the mash! I loved the house salad with candied walnuts, bacon, bleu cheese, and honey sesame vinaigrette - the perfect balance of tastes. My husband said the mozzarella salad was the best he had ever tasted. I also liked that there were 'casual' options for diners not looking for the tapas experience. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The service, food, ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013The service, food, ambiance were all wonderful!!! The inside provides a trendy night club feel but the restaurant also provides outdoor seating as well. The menu boasts a variety of small plates that are great for sharing if with a group as well as a full bar. Everything ordered at our table was excellent and I will have a very hard time choosing my next meal. The service was also excellent - our bartender and waitress knew the menus inside and out and made great recommendations. We will definitely not only be bck but will be regulars.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012My wife and I went to Sabore based on a recomendation of a friend for our 28th anniversary. The atmosphere, service and food are first rate. The only disappointment was they ran out of their special of the evening, but they were very apologetic about it and their food is so good, we didn't really miss it.Special Features:
- Our friends from Raleigh thoughtMarkDined on 9/21/2012Our friends from Raleigh thought the food and service was great. It was a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Happily dining here for two yearsluisDined on 8/15/2012Casual and very friendly atmosphere, made better by the Managers, Waly and Billy Bob, and staff's willingness to accommodate you, substituting items in the menu to satisfy the customer's needs. Don't miss the Tuna Tostone.Special Features:
- Sorry, I can't hear you!!!!!PWCMDDined on 8/14/2012Sabore is one of my favorite local restaurants but whether the experience is great or just OK depends on the server. Lauren was a special server who made the overall experience great. Food was delicious as always. I had lobster bisque and crispy duck confit and both were superb. Desserts are not as good as the rest of the menu and my coffee was only fair. The only major negative about the experience was the live music. It was so loud none of our table could hear each other nor could we hear the server nor she hear us. She did ask for the sound level to be turned down and that helped but seldom is the purpose of dining out to hear music played so loud that conversation is impossible. The music was good, just too, too loud.Special Features:
- Food was great! HOWEVER,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/21/2012Food was great! HOWEVER, service is not what it had been. Two particular incidents created disappointment: 1) the servers did not deliver a salad that had been ordered AND never appeared at the table to check to see if everything was OK. Only when the entrees were about to be served did we see her again 2) coffee was served COLD! Come on...when dining in an upscale restaurant that should NEVER happen.Special Features:
- Horrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012Sabore was amazing a year ago. Now the menu and food has completely changed! None of the food was very good. The muscles were HORRIBLE, so bad that we sent them back! We were SO disappointed! I will not be back! On the good side, the service was great, and everyone was very friendly :-)Special Features: