The Putterham Grille
1012 West Roxbury Parkway
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
The Putterham Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://putterhamgrille.com/
- Phone: 6173272202
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Michal Hincman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Entertainment: Thursday evenings live music with Clark, Christopherson & Holt listen to the sweet sounds of jazz while eating delicious cuisine.
A word from The Putterham Grille
Putterham Grille is a local neighborhood eatery located just outside of downtown BostonContinued
serving mediterranean inspired cuisine in a modern relaxed environment.
serving mediterranean inspired cuisine in a modern relaxed environment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
The Putterham Grille - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
The Putterham Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delicious food at fair prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2013Delicious food at fair prices. Very nice service. Overall, we really enjoyed our dinner at Putterham Grille. It is small and rather noisy, those were the only downsidesSpecial Features:
- I was thrilled to have foundOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/16/2013I was thrilled to have found The Putterham Grille - the food is much more elegant than its name and location imply. The food was beautifully prepared and presented - and wonderful. Everyone (vegetarians to carnivores) in our group enjoyed their food. The staff was very helpful and well-trained (I even saw a more experienced waiter quietly explaining to a newer one the subtleties of good service.) Because the restaurant is fairly noisy it is good for groups because you just blend in. I definitely plan on going back - many times!Special Features:
- So SoLDRBVIPDined on 3/14/2013Second time at this restaurant and always want to be satisfied but falls short. Music is great on Thursdays but just something about the place that doesn't work.
- Excellent food! From appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Excellent food! From appetizer to salad to entree to dessert each course was perfectSpecial Features:
- A real neighborhood place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2013A real neighborhood place. Italian and greekfood fit for families. A good value
- Just a bit too loud whichCathyLDined on 3/9/2013Just a bit too loud which would deter me from returning.Special Features:
- The food was good but no atmospheresammVIPDined on 3/9/2013The food was good but no atmosphere in restaurant. And our waitress was horrible.Special Features:
- Not a fancy place but definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/2/2013Not a fancy place but definitely recommended. Greek and Italian menu does not look flashy either but the we rarely encounter grilled lamb this good. We also had tomato soup, Greek salada, and Spinich pie and all were excellent with great value.Special Features:
- What a nice little restaurant......slk720VIPDined on 2/26/2013What a nice little restaurant............gourmet food, close to home, and at reasonable prices. This place is a gem!Special Features:
- Great restaurant...for vegetarianssmcraig7VIPDined on 2/18/2013First time at Putterham Grille was very pleased. Lived up to expectations based on great online reviews. WONDERFUL service (thank you!). Vegetarian friendly--great options. Lots of flavor and well-balanced. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A Real TreatFionaVIPDined on 2/16/2013My friend and I had never been to this place before and now we can't wait to go back and bribg our friends. I never would have found it without my GPS but its really not that far off rTE 9. iTS IN A STRIP MALL at a rotary. However - when you open the door - a real treat awaits you. We were greeted immediately and taken to our table. Our waitress - Betty - came right over to say hello and she would be with us shortly. The place is small and was packed but the food was outstanding - everything we had was delicious. And - Betty sure made the night more fun - she had her hand on the pulse and could tell us about the wines - the dishes and the deserts. So glad to have found this restaurant - its a real gem!!!Special Features:
- The food was tasty, definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food was tasty, definitely enjoyable and had a twist of chocolate drizzle on appetizers and entree, which was odd. Must be the style. Had calamari, cranberry salad and shrimp risotto with truffle. Went on Valentine's day for dinner and it was too loud for the occasion and very crowded. The other waitress stepped on my coat :/. Service was quite slow that day for my table, they had 3 waitresses for a filled room. Tips for improvement: would be to have more spacing between the tables so that the waitresses don't have to nudge through. That will give customers ample space to sit without bumping into the neighboring table. The interior reminded me of a mini art gallery with all the portraits on the wall and the colorful decor at the back.Special Features:
- Thursday night jazz/bluesChuckVIPDined on 2/14/2013Thursday night jazz/blues band is the ticket for easy night out. food is great nad wine is good. hopefully someday they'll get a hard liquor license so you can get a cocktail before/after dinner.Special Features:
- The appetizers were generousGroupieDined on 2/14/2013The appetizers were generous portions and quite tasty. The main we found to be mixed - my chicken was excellent but my wife had the salmon which was just okay. It should be noted there is a singer on Thursdays - we were not aware of this but it was OK. I enjoyed the evening, but maybe a bit pricey given the locale and the food.Special Features:
- This place is amazing! Overallslk720VIPDined on 2/5/2013This place is amazing! Overall has a Mediterranean feel with superb food choices. Can't wait to return !Special Features:
- A really great find whichKennVIPDined on 1/22/2013A really great find which some friends directed us to. A very nice and broad menu and extremely reasonable prices for what you get. We will absolutely return.
- Great food reasonably pricedBuff141VIPDined on 1/18/2013Very good food,grape leaves appetizers were amazing. I had chicken kabobs that were good but not outstanding my husband had lamb kebab that was superb We would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- The food is great, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/11/2013The food is great, especially the fish and the very fresh salads. The kitchen seems to get behind when there is a crowd so it is a great place if you are able to enjoy a leisurely meal.Special Features:
- A few sips of wine for $7 -- reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2013Food was delicious. The 4 of us had chicken kebabs (2), veal marsala, and veal parmesan. The only disappointment was the tiny size of a $7 glass of wine. That was a ripoff. Advice: Order an entire bottle of wine or drink beer.Special Features:
- Food and decor a cut aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012Food and decor a cut above for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Once good turns sourOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/2/2012Have been to this place many times and tried a variety of menu items with typically good service and decent but variable quality. Dining on 1/2/13 was a complete disappointment. Pork loin special was dry and overcooked and service was borderline non-existent. Additionally, my reservation was canceled by the restaurant after I left potentially to avoid this review. We had high hopes for this former neighborhood gem.
- food was quite good; veryAdacVIPDined on 11/30/2012food was quite good; very good service and meals arrived quicklySpecial Features:
- I made the reservation basedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/24/2012I made the reservation based on availability and location, but found the food to be excellent, especially the steak my wife ordered. The location is deceptive - in a bland strip mall of sorts - but the decor was nice and the staff friendly and accommodating for the 3 children we brought along.Special Features:
- Wide variety of dishes. ThecazmachineVIPDined on 11/17/2012Wide variety of dishes. The food was very good, and the service could not have been better.Special Features:
- Large servings, very goodCharmiVIPDined on 10/28/2012Large servings, very good food. Extremely unpretentious, with lots of variety on the menu.Special Features:
- Putterham gemOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/19/2012We had a nice neighborhood dinner there with the kids on Oct 19th. Lots of selection from a Mediterranean, Italian menu. Better than the average chain or average local restaurant. Creative, friendly service, good wines. Lots of families and locals.Special Features:
- They kept turning the lightsNonoVIPDined on 10/19/2012They kept turning the lights down. A little too dark. But they've created a nice ambiance.
- We thought the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2012We thought the food was very good. We didn't have to wait for a table and the service was prompt. The only negative was the server removing the plates before everyone was done eating. She did rush us, even though no one was waiting for a table.Special Features:
- Notable and NearbySuncactusDined on 9/29/2012This restaurant works hard to make sure every diner is having all their needs met. From the server to the host, all the staff combine to be readily accessible to serve, replenish or answer questions. The menu was diverse, the offerings were interchangeable for dietary needs;the portions were ample, the presentations were tempting and cooked to the specified temperature. We were celebrating a milestone birthday with friends and it was our first visit so we brought in a small cake. It was kindly received, quickly whisked away and brought out timely after our dinner plates were cleared. However, I did notice wonderful looking desserts in the entrance display case, for next time.Special Features:
- This local restaurant is anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012This local restaurant is an true gem. The food is superb, service is attentive and cordial and very helpful. For a relative small location, the putterham grille is just great. We have been there six times in the last four months and every single time is a wonderful experience. This last visit we were eight people and every item was fantastic and our two waiters were great. Highly reccommended.Special Features:
- The salmon was terrible thisLindaVIPDined on 8/15/2012The salmon was terrible this time. We'd had it before and it was good ,but not this time.
- Very good place in Chestnut HillGABYDined on 8/7/2012Great restaurant, comfortable, friendly and great foodSpecial Features:
- Great local findBandBNeedhamVIPDined on 7/28/2012First time was very good. Waiter was attentive and helped us pick two great menu items. Salad was big enough to share. The curved ceiling created some interesting sound patterns from voices across the room to where i was sitting. We will be back!Special Features:
- found this restaurant throughOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/24/2012found this restaurant through Open Table, never knew it existed and it was delicious. Salads were large portions.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot and food!CoachBrezVIPDined on 7/16/2012My wife and I had dinner there this evening and it was superb. The decor was simple and sophisticated and the place was cozy. The Chicken Marsala was one of the best I've ever had with fantastic homemade pasta and a creamy Marsala sauce that was outstanding (another reviewer called this "floppy gravy." I don't know what their talking about.) My wife had the Caprese salad, which she enjoyed. The server was alone, so service was a bit slow, and everything on the menu could have been priced a few dollars lower, but, overall, this was a great place with excellent food. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Appetizers (meze plate, spinachShelTVIPDined on 7/14/2012Appetizers (meze plate, spinach pie, stuffed mushrooms) were very good and service was quite professional. Italian entrees (veal parm & veal marsala) were undistinguished--temperature could be hotter and marsala sauce was gloppy gravy.
- We had a wonderful time onGABYDined on 6/21/2012We had a wonderful time on Thursday, there was an opening of an art exhibit and the place was rocking. The band and the singer were great but could be a little softer to be able to hold a conversation. the place looks great and the food was good with large portions.Special Features: