Ristorante La Perla of Washington
2600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW.
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante La Perla of Washington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laperlaofwashington.com/
- Phone: 2023331767
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vittorio Testa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve your own Private Dining Room for any occasion. Please call Chef Vittorio Testa personally at 202.333.1767 and ask to reserve this special room. Based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Vittorio Testa 2023331767
- Entertainment: Listen to a recorded variety of music all the time during business hours.
- Cross Street: 26th & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
- Public Transit: We are located within a walking distance from the Foggy-Bottom Metro Station which is serviced by the Blue and Orange Lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet Parking for a very low price at dinner. Street parking options are also available.
A word from Ristorante La Perla of Washington
The restaurant of choice of many distinguished diners and restaurant critics, Ristorante La Perla of Washington, located near Georgetown at the tail-end of the historic Pennsylvania Avenue, takes its diners on a culinary journey through Italy with elegant decor surpassed only by authentic mouth-watering Italian masterpieces. During Lunch and Dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while prime meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables roast to treat diners to a little bit of heaven, with a long lasting memory for your taste buds, thanks to the vision of famous chef Vittorio Testa, who has kept alive the Italian culinary tradition for over three decades. Chef-Owner Vittorio Testa will make you feel like you're dining in his house. The waiters exceed expectations, and the space is garnished with painted tiles and Venetian glass to make every dining occasion a memorable one. There's also Private dining and Outdoor seating when the weather permits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante La Perla of Washington - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Ristorante La Perla of Washington reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (29)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (18)good for groups (13)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful evening. Food excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2012Wonderful evening. Food excellent and wonderful service. Will return.Special Features:
- Find this friendly placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/27/2012We truly enjoyed LaPerla. While it was very crowded the service was excellent and very friendly. We were greeted as we walked in and made to feel as welcome as their regulars even though this was our first time there. Drinks were poured almost before glasses were empty and food was spaced nicely and cooked to order. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Food, atmosphere, location,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012Food, atmosphere, location, staff and the resturants personal touch were perfect.
- good not great, super overpricedDCFoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2012this place is not good enough to warrant the prices it charges. $20+ for a caprese salad is totally absurd, especially when the food is only good, not great. i won't be recommending this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Sadly expected so much moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2012LaPerla accommodated our 7:15PM reservation. When seated given the menu and wine list and asked preference for water/wine and placed order for the 1st course. The water was immediately delivered but sat waiting for wine for more than 10 mins. When 1st course served ordered entrees - 2 veal dishes and asked for side pasta be served with same sauce as dish instead of standard marinara sauce. Waiter did not know if this could be done and excused himself to ask the chef. By 8:30PM we still had not received our food and the waiter said he didn't know if the chef could accomodate our requests. Told him we had another engagement at 9PM and suddenly food appeared with check and shots of Limoncello. Really? Eat in veal/pasta in 10 mins?
- Very nice evening...PMRMDined on 10/19/2012Great food, great service and a very night evening. Second time here and fortunately none of the aforementioned concerns. We'll eat here again.Special Features:
- Underwhelming, to put it gently.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/13/2012Service was fine, although we had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation time. The decor of the restaurant was a bit tacky and cluttered, and the lighting was awful. The wine list was decent, but the food was just incredibly underwhelming. Nothing stood out, and a few things were just bland. I wouldn't complain if a dinner were scheduled here, but I certainly won't be going back of my own accord. The chef did come out to greet the customers, and he was from Naples, but this food did not even approach the level of authentic Italian. Disappointing, to say the least.Special Features:
- 2nd time there. OK. FirstOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/6/20122nd time there. OK. First time great with great service. Nothing bad, but nothing remarkable either.Special Features:
- We were very,very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012We were very,very disappointed in the food, from appetizer to entree. And every dish was way overpriced. AMbience was very pleasant, but we will never go back, and we would caution friends not to go there.
- My wife and I have been comingOmarVIPDined on 9/26/2012My wife and I have been coming to La Perla for many years, and it has never disappointed us, always great consistency of high quality food and service. My wife and I and our friends recommend this restaurant without reservations.Special Features:
- Excellent meal and great service.SheldonCooperDined on 9/8/2012Excellent meal and great service. Highly recommended.
- Good food, not serviceTryThisMaybeVIPDined on 9/8/2012Had been there before so willing to try La Perla again. The experience was not great due to just ok service. . When wait staff ignore a table, don't take orders, don't refill water glasses, management needs to take note. The floor staff needs to deliver better service for the quality kitchen staff. The prices not out of line had the service been good. The food is good. Fix the service.Special Features:
- Mezza-MezzapubfanDined on 9/7/2012La Perla has delicious food served in a pleasant ambiance that is very good for conversation. The decor recollects dinner at Nana's. The owner Mr. Testa is personable and greets all his guests. Unfortunately the service is amateur, which for a restaurant at this price point can be a deal-breaker. I probably won't go back.
- Delicious Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2012Great for a date night but on the expensive side. Food was definitely worth it, true Italian. I will absolutely go backSpecial Features:
- Because this restaurant oftenCarolDined on 9/1/2012Because this restaurant often gets mixed reviews, we want to report a great meal with great service. We should note we went early (4:30) on a Saturday evening so the restaurant wasn't very busy so the noise wasn't a problem and the food was great and the service attentive without being oppressive - just what we like. We liked the bread; we liked the veal. The ambiance - maybe some would say over-the-top but we focused on food and friends.
- Excellent food. ExtensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2012Excellent food. Extensive menu. A bit pricy but still highly recommend.Special Features:
- A very good place...we feltJuanjoVIPDined on 8/3/2012A very good place...we felt very comfortably attended right from the beginning. Excellent food..Tortellini Alfredo, Carpaccio,the Mozzarela&Tomato salad, and the Profiteroles, all to be recommended..Top class service...Thanks. We will come back for sure.Special Features:
- This is a gem of a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/25/2012This is a gem of a restaurant as much for the facility, itself and for the service. The food was quite good, said to be local and fresh. It was somewhat pricey e.g $15 for two slices of tomatoe and cheese in the Capresse salad. Pacing was appropriate for "dining not eating" which is how I prefer dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012This was my second time at La Perla and the quality of the food exceeded my expectations this time around. We had the ravioli and tortellini that was amazing. Great service and the chef even came by to congratulate my wife and I on our anniversary. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Beats olive garden, barelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012So it was overpriced for the quality of food. It wasn't that it was bad but it was not the best Italian food. The spaghetti was over done and the bread was bland and uninteresting. The fettuccini was over-salted and the eggplant parm was smothered in cheese and only vaguely resembled an eggplant. The cou-d'état was that the ambiance was awful. The fountains emitted steam and glowed differente neon colors. The ceiling was cardboard tile and the tiles on the wall were equally tacky. The sever was gruff to me because I was young and only lightened up after he saw a platinum Amex in my wallet.Special Features:
- Expensive, but wonderful food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2012Expensive, but wonderful food. I could do without the Italian opera excerpts (I love opera, just not as atmosphere), but otherwise our early reservation ensured an experience free of mindless or boisterous chatter from other tables. The food is exceptional.
- Lovely restaurant, Lovely eveningLegalladyDined on 6/29/2012We attended with adults and children and had a lovely experience. The staff is gracious, knowledgeable, patient, helpful and courteous. They never say no. It reminded me of the days when customer service was important and the customer was always right. The restaurant is beautiful (and cool- it was over 100 degrees that day). The food was fabulous and dessert was the perfect end to a perfect evening. Half of our group of six was from Connecticut and they thought the evening was perfect, too. Thank you.Special Features:
- Authentic/Traditional FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012Nice personal touch and attention. The menu is full of many enticing options. Every food item we ordered was very good and satisfying. I would recommend the wine selection over bar drinks, as the cocktail ordered was far from the mark.Special Features:
- Best Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2012Best Italian restaurant in Washington DC....you don't have to look at a menu, ask for whatever dish you want, and they will make it. My favorite is Scalapini Gorgonzola (sp?)Special Features:
- Great restaurant. ReallyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/12/2012Great restaurant. Really enjoyed it and everything was extraordinarily fresh.Special Features:
- What an absolutely divineOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/5/2012What an absolutely divine dining experience! The service was excellent, the food prep terrific and the attention by the staff was totally on point.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/5/2012Fabulous food, service, and ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features: