Ristorante La Perla of Washington
2600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW.
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante La Perla of Washington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laperlaofwashington.com/
- Phone: 2023331767
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vittorio Testa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve your own Private Dining Room for any occasion. Please call Chef Vittorio Testa personally at 202.333.1767 and ask to reserve this special room. Based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Vittorio Testa 2023331767
- Entertainment: Listen to a recorded variety of music all the time during business hours.
- Cross Street: 26th & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
- Public Transit: We are located within a walking distance from the Foggy-Bottom Metro Station which is serviced by the Blue and Orange Lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet Parking for a very low price at dinner. Street parking options are also available.
A word from Ristorante La Perla of Washington
The restaurant of choice of many distinguished diners and restaurant critics, Ristorante La Perla of Washington, located near Georgetown at the tail-end of the historic Pennsylvania Avenue, takes its diners on a culinary journey through Italy with elegant decor surpassed only by authentic mouth-watering Italian masterpieces. During Lunch and Dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while prime meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables roast to treat diners to a little bit of heaven, with a long lasting memory for your taste buds, thanks to the vision of famous chef Vittorio Testa, who has kept alive the Italian culinary tradition for over three decades. Chef-Owner Vittorio Testa will make you feel like you're dining in his house. The waiters exceed expectations, and the space is garnished with painted tiles and Venetian glass to make every dining occasion a memorable one. There's also Private dining and Outdoor seating when the weather permits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante La Perla of Washington reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (37)romantic (31)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (14)good for groups (11)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The Best Italian in DCCapHillTravellerVIPDined on 12/22/2013We have been wanting to try this place for years! friends invited us and we've been kicking ourselves ever since for not going sooner! The food is excellent and the menu is expansive - large that is The service is outstanding Excellent wine list Well worth going Finally - good Italian food in DC and it's been here for years!Special Features:
- Chef Testa at his best. TheSandmanVIPDined on 12/20/2013Chef Testa at his best. The food was great -- from veal to seafood and pasta. Cannot top the coconut shrimp. All was complemented by bottles of Il Borgo wine -- Chef testa's own blend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classic foodJimGVIPDined on 12/15/2013La Perla has a fairly classic menu with traditional fare and a few twists such as wild boat. The quality was very good but not overly creative. Went on a Sunday night. Restaurant was half full and low energy but offset by some very nice decor. Mostly older crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school Italian gem!AZDocGDined on 12/13/2013We chanced upon La Perla one evening as it was down the street from our hotel and we wanted to. Walk to something nearby in cold weather. Fairly non-descript from the outside, but elegant (if a bit dated) inside. Lobster ravioli, calamari, and snapper fiorentina were superbly cooked and flavorful. Even the simple marinara was special. Owner / chef Vittorio Testa made the rounds at one point, stopping at each table to inquire on the food and exchnage greetings. We will return on our next trip to DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchFredPSquaredDined on 12/11/2013The restaurant was basically empty during the entire lunch hour we were there (mid week). Not a good sign. Service was great, but the entrees were just ok, and clearly not worth the high price. I'd try somewhere else the next time.
- Bravo!Agedlikefinewine1Dined on 12/7/2013We knew we wanted a good Italian meal, so I researched Italian restaurants near our hotel. Chose this place based on reviews and their menu. We also considered Filomena's, but could not get a 7pm reservation through Open Table, so we decided to just go have a drink and check it out, as it is a Georgetown institution. It was Sat. night, and they were mobbed. The foyer area was packed, as was their tiny bar. Though charming, and festively decorated for Christmas, we were glad to leave there and head to La Perla, where we were able to get the 7pm res. time.The restaurant did not disappoint. It was beautiful, and the food and service outstanding. Not sure why they weren't mobbed too, but better for us. The owner/chef even made a table visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/7/2013Delicious food, quiet atmosphere, good service, and sweet chef who always says "Hello". We took some friends this time and they said they'd definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemisslolaDined on 12/5/2013This is a great spot for a celebration dinner, a hidden gem. Excellent service and attention to detail. Many menu options and daily specials. A bit pricey but a very nice treat on my birthday with family. My lobster linguini was delicious. Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Perla is a GEM!GregandKimDined on 11/30/2013We found this restaurant through an Open Table search and we were not disappointed....IT WAS AWESOME.... the owner/chef is delightful. FABULOUS FOOD.... Wonderful atmosphere.... Can't wait to return to DC to eat there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificDustyDined on 11/26/2013Reviews were right on. I enjoyed the rustic decor and the neighborhood charm. Food and service were both terrific. Portions were perfect and not overwhelming. They made everyone in the place feel like a VIP. Deserts where spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCellaDined on 11/23/2013The service at the restaurant was exceptional. I will definitely be dining there again. I got there prior to my reservation and was still able to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first experience here andCEW2Dined on 11/16/2013My first experience here and a wonderful one. The service was simply excellent and the rack of veal was sublime. Definitely take the valet parking option though, its worth the money.Special Features:
- Great MealSethVIPDined on 11/16/2013We were in town from Houston and used the Ten Best list to find this gem. We hosted two other couples, and all raved about the food. The menu is expansive, and Chef Tesla's preparations were outstanding. My lobster and crab lasagna was excellent. My wife loved her seafood salad, and couldn't finish the generous portion of lobster. We'll definitely be back when we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service we've had in years!LoudounCoupleDined on 11/15/2013This place is awesome! We had excellent, attentive, non-intrusive service. They were on top of everything. The only negative feedback I have about this place is that it was a little too brightly-lit for a romantic dinner. The food was excellent. The menu was extensive. We were given the red carpet treatment from the moment we pulled up in front for their valet parking. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- ExcellentARKRDined on 11/14/2013This was our first visit and I will come back for years to come. The food is amazing, large menu selection and authentic Italian cooking. The owner and chef stopped to say hello and talk briefly. The decor is more traditional Italian or European versus American which was a nice change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were pleasantly surprisedKaren1Dined on 11/10/2013We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The atmosphere was old school Italian. Order red wine. The white wine by the glass was bad and the tonic was flat. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and superior staffPK023Dined on 11/9/2013We had a great meal, best dessert and the staff were professional and friendly. Top notch restaurant and a short 2 minute walk from Georgetown's shops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite wonderful...Foodie1VIPDined on 11/2/2013Though very expensive - the posted menu without prices should have been a clue - worth the money. Bar prepares a good cocktail -- classic, not haughty such as is the rage now. Owner/chef comes by to greet which is refreshing. Great service - attentive, not intrusive - and fresh ingredients carefully prepared are a recipe for an enjoyable evening. Seafood risotto -- at a whopping $44 -- was all lobster and lump crab and huge fresh shrimp. Wine list was more than serviceable, with many more reasonably priced wines than the lofty menu prices would lead one to expect.. The place is very charming, not so much stuffy or fancy, but rather homey and comfortable. Much older, well attired crowd. Would definitely return, once my wallet recharges.Special Features:
- Il Borgo was betterjmethechefVIPDined on 11/2/2013I ate at Chef Testa's previous restaurant (at least one of his previous) in McLean several times many yearts ago. The food was much better. I did love the marinara sauce at La Perla however. Our waiter was not very friendly and I felt he rushed us. He was intolerant about questions about the menu. I think the food is overpriced for what you get. We will not be going back, especially when there are great places like Il Ricchi in DC.
- Perfect for my mother's birthdayJTVA22Dined on 10/28/2013Had a wonderful time—my parents and I went on a Monday night and it was quiet, we were seated immediately even though we were 15 minutes early and the waiter was very attentive without being overbearing. We liked everything we ordered (all various pasta dishes, so can't speak for anything else). The decor is definitely old-fashioned, but it was kind of charming. They brought out dessert for my mother with a celebratory sparkler in it, which she loved! I thought this was a very sweet gesture. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry for moreeatout2muchDined on 10/28/2013For days after going to La Perla, I think about the meal and can't shake the pull to go back and have more. This place is a little known gem in DC and has, by far, the best southern Italian food in the area. We celebrated our wedding there because it's that special. Chef Testa will accommodate anything and takes great pride in every dish that comes out of the kitchen, from the freshest seafood to hand picked, house-aged cuts of meat. Everything is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitsch deliciousdcfortheweekendDined on 10/26/2013When I walked in, I felt like I was walking into my grandmother's house for a Sunday night meal - this is definitely not on trend in terms or decor or the next thing in food. However, the food was absolutely delicious and the service was fabulous. I would recommend to anyone looking for a great, traditional italian meal in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at great locationRestPonDined on 10/25/2013This restaurant is a winner, personally attended by chef owner, next to Georgetown. Very good food at reasonable prices on Pennsylvania Avenue, nice interiors and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Italian meal!DebinSTLVIPDined on 10/25/2013We had a nice quiet meal at this quaint restaurant. Good food, good service topped off with a visit by the chef. The decor is a little weird but probably has history to go with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencePHLNRTLHRVIPDined on 10/20/2013Wonderful personal and professional service and attention! Food was great. Met the owner who was gracious, charming, generous. We will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Service but OverpricedDCMomDined on 10/19/2013The atmosphere is nice and the crowd is not as boisterous as many nearby restaurants. The food was pretty standard Italian fare, but very overpriced, particularly the specials, the prices of which were not disclosed when described. We were shocked by the $44 risotto....Special Features:
- Nice restaurant but they needAumomVIPDined on 10/19/2013Nice restaurant but they need to use good wine glasses for their wines by the glass!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceRedjonesVIPDined on 10/6/2013We booked at La Perla because of the reviews on Open Table and because it was close to our new apartment. From the outside the decor looked dated and the sign is a little worn so we had our expectations in check. Well, we were amazed and gratified to have a flawless dining experience from beginning to end. The food was authentic and fabulous. I had a perfect salad, a spectacular fish dish and my husband had a wonderful pasta. Once inside the decor reminded me of a great Italian restaurant from my childhood with fountains and sculptures, crisp white linens and the finest restaurant flatware, butter dishes, etc. - they don't make them like this anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Terrific!DougGVIPDined on 10/5/2013We selected this restaurant largely based on the reviews we saw on Open Table. Man, they got it right. Our experience could not have been better. The food was amazing, the service outstanding, and the ambiance perfect. As several had mentioned, the chef came out and personally visited our table to make sure that our meal was absolutely perfect. We would highly recommend the gnocchi - fresh, homemade, delicious. There is also a selection of homemade pastas available. Desserts were excellent. A great neighborhood find that can handle any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good and authentic.OpentableuserVIPDined on 10/1/2013Food was very good and authentic. Wine by the glass is very limited (essentially one option per category of wine). Our waiter was very distracted but we saw other tables receiving very good service. Overall this was a good experience and we would return.
- A real gem in DCJoeWVIPDined on 9/30/2013One of the best restaurants in DC-- service and attention that you seldom see any longer and outstanding, home made food. Not inexpensive but you get what you pay for, especially in DC. My personal experience is that the chef checks in personally with each table to ensure satisfaction-- again, something you don't see often enough these days. Fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely resturant. ExcellentHoyadesVIPDined on 9/27/2013Lovely resturant. Excellent food. I believe I experienced the best pasta dish I've ever had in my life including my frequent visits to ItalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in townClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great food. Excellent service. The desserts are the real deal. Everything is home made. No faking here. Wines are some of the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food in DCLarryVIPDined on 9/17/2013From the moment you walk in, to the last bite, you know you have discovered the "foodie" place. Selection that is overwhelming and specials that should not be missed. Let the waiter or chef recommend what to order and you will not miss. Cannot wait to return here for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like ItalyKurtDined on 9/14/2013We always saw this little restaurant as we drove into work and finally got the chance to try it out. What a gem. The tables enabled were far apart to enable great conversation, and the service was superb. Everyone in our party said they would come back again and that the food was great. The risotto got the best nod; the owner said to try the ravioli the next time as the pasta is homemade. The desserts were out of this world. Be prepared--it is on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAJMcNultyDined on 9/7/2013First rate Italian dining - I could eat something different from the menu every night for a month and enjoy every one of them. The chef came out to greet us, and was genuinely charming and he cares about his patrons. Very nice outdoor seating with just enough mix of quiet neighborhood mixed with the edge of city bustle. Very romantic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Food at its BestClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 8/31/2013Great drinks to relax with. Never rushed here. Salads to start. The Trout dishes are truly "one to remember". Veals dishes with seafood-outstanding. John knows his wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find...NOLADined on 8/28/2013We try to stay in Dupont Circle for our dining out but we came across this restaurant one day and now when we want true Italian cuisine...this is our go to without question. And Chef Vittorio Testa is a pearl himself!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beautiful Findmo2veeDined on 8/22/2013While during my power walk, I "stumbled" upon this wonderful restaurant. We were looking for a special place to celebrate our 32nd anniversary with a few places in mind. Once I began to read over the menu and saw many of our favorites, I knew where we would dine. And dined we did. We were very excited when we arrived because we were greeted by name.(Very Impressive) We had a beautiful table beside the window. (Romantic) The choices for everything was of such a variety, it made you want to order more than you could eat. The selections we chose for our light plates- escargot and mussels were moist and tasteful. Our main entrees included Veal, Crab, Lobster, and Shrimp . We will definitely return to Restaurante La Pearla again and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss when in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2013Wonderful food with excellent service. The chef will likely say hello. I eat there on every DC visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.