Keystone Ranch Restaurant
1239 Keystone Ranch Rd.
Keystone, CO 80435Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Keystone Ranch Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.keystoneresort.com/diningdetail/Key+-+Keystone+Ranch.axd
- Phone: 8003544386
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm, summer only
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Steven Vlass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For large groups, we have all of our facilities available for private dining depending on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Cynthia Burkart 9704961484
A word from Keystone Ranch Restaurant
Experience the extraordinary blend of the Colorado frontier and fine dining in the rustic elegance of this original 1930s ranch homestead. Savor a luxurious five-course dinner featuring acclaimed Colorado cuisine and wild game specialties or try a more casual fare with soup or salad and an entree. It won’t take long to see why the Ranch is a AAA Four Diamond™ rated restaurant, a Wine Spectator winner, and ranked as a top restaurant in Colorado by the prestigious Zagat Survey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Keystone Ranch Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Keystone ›
Keystone Ranch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (23)scenic view (23)romantic (17)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointingjackieDined on 9/20/2013Ambiance was very nice. Food presentation was lovely. Service was outstanding. But the most important component, the food, was tasteless. We were extremely disappointed. It's quite expensive, which is o.k. if the food is good. We will not return.
- DisappointedStranmanVIPDined on 9/17/2013Service was great. The food was at best fair. Way too expensive for the quality of food.Special Features:
- DisappointedDaveyDined on 9/4/2013We went to Keystone Ranch for our anniversary dinner and found the food to be very poor. Beautiful setting and ambience but they have lost it as far as knowing how to serve a good meal.Special Features:
- We had a GREAT evening!catshadowVIPDined on 8/30/2013While this restaurant tends to be a "bit" out of the way, on a beautiful summer evening the drive to get there was well worth it! My wife and I have taken family for dinner here a couple of times and had an excellent experience. This time, it was just the two of us and we had a delightful and romantic dinner for two with a table by the window as requested! Since we love to dine, our waiter was responsive to our relaxed dining schedule and we were not rushed in the least. The food was excellent! And, as we have in the past, we had our dessert and after dinner drinks in the lounge area which is always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedChitownjoyDined on 8/29/2013The whole experience of dinning was remarkable -- food, service, view of mountains. If you are in the Keystone area this is a must, especially if you are looking for a romantic break away of a place for friends to have a time that will not be forgotten.Special Features:
- Continue to Draw Me BackTnttownVIPDined on 8/15/2013The Ranch continues to be one of the best mountain dining spots in Colorado. The food is inovative without being wierd. Love to have this nice option in the Keystone/Dillon/Silverthorn area.Special Features:
- Excellent Vegan MealsAlfredDined on 7/20/2013We always have been having the most excellent vegan meals. The creativity of the chef, the attention to detail and presentation, and most of all, the superb quality and taste of our 5 course vegan meals are simply outstanding. We cannot give enough praise to the chef, and pastry chef, for their personal involvement to make these meals such a success. The Keystone Ranch Restaurant is probably the best in the State, and exceeds all the others as part of the Keystone Resort.. And we have been there since 1978.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedTojomiDined on 7/5/2013I am not 100% vegetarian but don't eat much meat. When salmon was the fish they were featuring (one of the few fish I regrettably don't like) I was left with 1 soup, 1 appetizer & 1 side salad to choose from. The waiter knew about my lack of choices and instead of offering to pull something together or chat with the chef, he left me to make do with what was on the menu. I ended up making a meal out of the soup and salad and picking a few items from my husbands plate. I was in the service industry at high end establishments for years. I would have done a better job of trying to accommodate my guest. The food was good, but it would have been nice to feel like they were willing to make an effort on my behalf.Special Features:
- A fantastic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/26/2013Outstanding food and service. Having dessert in the living room is one of our favorite things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itsatisfiedDined on 6/14/2013Loved every minute of the evening it flowed so nicely and enjoyed every biteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, memorable dinnerexplorerDined on 6/11/2013We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Keystone Ranch Restaurant. Our server, Wes, was knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly. He was fantastic. We had a table with a lovely view of the mountains, meadow and lake.The five-course meal was impeccable, innovative, delightfully arranged and delicious. We ordered different items for each course and each was beautiful and delicious. Kudos to the chef and staff. We enjoyed the tastes of unusual items and combinations, like figs, kumquats and pine nuts in the salad. Thank you for a special memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, even thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013Great experience, even though it was opening week the staff was well prepared and the chef did an outstanding job. Free shuttle was a bonus! The flavor combinations were unique and well thought out. Good well balanced wine list.Special Features:
- We choose the Keystone RanchRkj2000VIPDined on 4/3/2013We choose the Keystone Ranch Restaurant for special occasions and it never fails to make a perfect evening. The food was outstanding and our waiter, John, was the BEST!Special Features:
- We eat the Keystone RanchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2013We eat the Keystone Ranch at least once a year and have always been impressed by both the food and the service. The food as usual was excellent. However, the service during this last visit lacked the high quality we had experienced in previous visits. We can't quite call it poor; it was generally adequate but not the superior service that the restaurant had provided in the past. However, when we were ready to leave we had to search for our server to get and then again to settle our bill. Our bill also contained almost $100 in erroneous charges, which our server initially disputed until I pointed out the problem, line by line. The error was corrected.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinner! Greatjkmom2Dined on 4/2/2013We had a lovely dinner! Great view and cozy atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2013Excellent food, service, and romantic ambiance nestled in the heart of ski country-very special!Special Features:
- Very good as usual....a trulyKeystone1Dined on 3/26/2013Very good as usual....a truly fine dining experience. The time between the first 3 courses was slow ,and the pace of the meal could be improvedSpecial Features:
- Definitely a top 5 for SummitFoodie1VIPDined on 3/16/2013Definitely a top 5 for Summit County and we will be back. Service started slow because of a large group that came in right before we arrived. We stood at the hostess desk several minutes and after we were seated, it took over 30 minutes to get our drink order and then our first course. However, once we brought this oversight to the attention of our server, we received great service from everyone. And the food was excellent. Everything was prepared to perfection and the presentation of each course was unique and appetizing.Special Features:
- Great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2013We had a great meal and a great experience during Spring Break. I highly recommend the elk. It was suggested by the chef and it was wonderful. My husband ordered the fish and he said it was the best he has ever had.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Awesome experience! Very fancy and a enjoyable environment. My girlfriend and I enjoyed every minute of it and the Elk entree was amazing! I would recommend this place to anyone of my buddies. Also the service was very good we lucked out with getting such a good waiter.Special Features:
- Outstanding with only oneBobDVIPDined on 3/1/2013Outstanding with only one negative. Service was not good once we moved to the other room for dessert. Long waits in between when server came to us.Special Features:
- Keystone Ranch Restaurant PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2013The Keystone Ranch Restaurant has definitely regained some of its old glory. After Ron Wolfe, the quality of service and food slowly deteriorated and hit a nadir about 18 months ago. It was to the point the my wife and I dined at The Ranch for its ambiance and not its food, which was at its zenith with David Welch. We were very pleased with the food on March 1, 2013, but yet it is not quite back to the level it of the Welch and Wolfe era. But that level may be within reach. Service: constancy in the service staff has always been a strong point of The Ranch over the past 20 years, but on this occasion there was only one of the "regular staff" serving. The staff turn over was evident in the little things like attention to wine serviceSpecial Features:
- Food Fantastic / Service HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2013Food was fantastic and it should be for the prices of the meals. The service, however, was horrible - a lot of staff running around but not one of them seemed to be responsible for our table and each time we needed something it seemed like we were putting them out, like they had more important things to do. I would go back and give them another chance becasue the food and ambiance were that good.Special Features:
- Everything I've ever had atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Everything I've ever had at Keystone Ranch was exceptional. The ambiance is exceptional, and the waitstaff is helpful, friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- What Happened ???OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I was totally dissapointed with our dinner and I am a Keystone homeowner and have eaten at the Ranch before and the food was excellent but not this time by any means. The service was very slow and one of the worse steaks I have ever had and the fish was nothing to write home about and the dessert--what a joke that was for the price and it was not good. On a good note, the soup was outstanding ! I am sorry to have to say that I cannot any longer recommend The Ranch. They have some major restructuring to do before I will make my next visit!Special Features:
- A totally amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013This is the second time we have been at Keystone Ranch. It was truly a wonderful experience the first time and it did not disappoint us this time. The service and food...its amazing presentation is beyond explanation. Each dish was a work of art and what it did to the palent...ahhhh...so good.Special Features:
- One of our all-time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013One of our all-time favorite restaurants! We always try to stop in when in Keystone, Colorado.Special Features:
- For a special occasionkaite1017Dined on 2/14/2013This is our second dining experience at the Keystone Ranch. We came with my whole family back in December when my parents were visiting from New York for my dad's birthday, and he absolutely loved it! Then, we came again this past Valentine's Day and my boyfriend and I had an exquisite time. The food was delicious, from the appetizers to the soups and salads (even the bread!), to the entrees and finally, dessert by the fireplace. Yes, it's pricey, but we knew this in advance, and it's worth every penny in our opinion. We will definitely be back again for another special occasion, as we live in the area. Thanks again for a fabulous experience!Special Features:
- What a treat! My boyfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013What a treat! My boyfriend and I are rarely in a position to enjoy fine dining, so it's very important to us that when we do we enjoy ourselves to the fullest, and Keystone Ranch did not disappoint. The free shuttle service allowed us to enjoy our wine without worrying about who was driving. We enjoyed the five-course meal and were generally blown away. My favorites were the Pork Cheek appetizer and my Elk entree. The only disappointments were a rabbit appetizer that came out looking like thick salami (it was good, just not the quality that we expect for this kind of money) and the scallops that were slightly overdone. Our server, John, helped make the night even better, with some great wine pairings and a wonderful, energetic attitude.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience. ThereskateDined on 2/6/2013Outstanding experience. There was only one other table being served so we were very lucky. The food was top shelf.Special Features:
- Amazing food, perfect service, neatLovespastaVIPDined on 2/1/2013The food and service are amazing!! The chef is dedicated to the farm to table movement. The menu choices were creative and delicious. They are known for game choices. Dessert was wonderful and served at the fireplace so you could visit with other guests. Check with tip was $185 for two for three courses each and 2 glasses if wine. But this was worth it. We loved that they picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel!!!!! The atmosphere was quiet and very beautiful like an upscale Colorado ranch.Special Features:
- Chef Vlass's talent is a dramaticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Chef Vlass's talent is a dramatic improvment to the Ranch's menu over the last two years. I enjoyed the Fois Gras appitizer, it is a must! It really is tough trying to make a selection when everything on the menu sounds so delicious. The Black Pearl Barley with the Wagu NY strip was pretty was exciting and creative. Eating The Ranch Souffle in the comfort of the living room and warm fire place was the final touch to a perfect dinning experience. From one Chef to another, I can not wait to return.Special Features:
- NiceAutiDined on 1/10/2013We highly recommend taking advantage of the complimentary pick up service since the location is hard to find at night. We enjoyed the food and service. The chef kindly prepared me a vegetarian entre.Special Features:
- Top choice in the area forSTEDDined on 1/10/2013Top choice in the area for great food and wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Winter or Summer, KeystonecitygalturnedalpineDined on 1/5/2013Winter or Summer, Keystone Ranch has a very cosy feel. The Buffalo Barley soup is a meal in itself! Our group felt the food was on the salty side in general, but high quality and interesting overall. There is heavy emphais on Colorado game meats, which is fun for locals and visitors alike. Coffee and after dinner drinks by the fire is a must!Special Features:
- New Years TreatChuckD105VIPDined on 1/1/2013Keystone Ranch specializes in game dishes an they did not disappoint. We started with rabbit pate from the appetizer list and had pheasant and elk to choose from for an entree. The wine list is extensive with a number of reasonably priced treasures. The service was pleasant but a little slow. They had more reservations than they expected on New Year's Day because of the unexpected closure of Alpenglow Stube for the night. I would not hold this against them.Special Features:
- Grilled Wagyu N.Y. Strip SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Grilled Wagyu N.Y. Strip Steak black barley, foraged mushrooms baby fennel, wilted rainbow chard smoked bone marrow parsnip puree The restraunt was located back in the mountains above keystone with a large frozen lake and meadow view out the dining windows giving the country feel. The ambience was very low light with a log home cozy look and our waiter actually placed our dinner napkin on our lap, (I opted for the arm). The Entree was an 1" thick and 3" dia. Our waiter told us it was about the taste not the portion. Which was exquisite, it excited the palate, but was not heavy. Not sure how much the other ingredients played into the flavor, but it was worth the experience. We decided to forgo dessert as we needed to get on the roadSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent, portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/28/2012The food was excellent, portions were pretty healthy. It was a little cold in the restaurant & the meal took longer than we expected. Overall, very good.Special Features:
- We have dined at KeystoneFoodyVIPDined on 12/28/2012We have dined at Keystone Ranch on numerous occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed it. On this occasion, however, the service was extremely slow - we waited for an hour between our first and second courses. We had to ask for water to be refilled, and there were no apologies for the wait between courses, etc.
- Our group of 6 was a bit disappointTootsieDined on 12/27/2012Our group of 6 was a bit disappointed. We've had much better service, better ambiance, etc. for a LOT less money.Special Features: