Keystone Ranch Restaurant
1239 Keystone Ranch Rd.
Keystone, CO 80435Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Keystone Ranch Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.keystoneresort.com/diningdetail/Key+-+Keystone+Ranch.axd
- Phone: 8003544386
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm, summer only
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Steven Vlass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For large groups, we have all of our facilities available for private dining depending on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Cynthia Burkart 9704961484
A word from Keystone Ranch Restaurant
Experience the extraordinary blend of the Colorado frontier and fine dining in the rustic elegance of this original 1930s ranch homestead. Savor a luxurious five-course dinner featuring acclaimed Colorado cuisine and wild game specialties or try a more casual fare with soup or salad and an entree. It won’t take long to see why the Ranch is a AAA Four Diamond™ rated restaurant, a Wine Spectator winner, and ranked as a top restaurant in Colorado by the prestigious Zagat Survey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Keystone Ranch Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Keystone ›
Keystone Ranch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (27)scenic view (25)romantic (22)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (7)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- PerfectbmacDined on 12/12/2013The Keystone Ranch was by far the best dining expierence I have ever had! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic night out or a special occassion. Excellent service, amazing food and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Expience to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013I had the five course dinner and my wife had the two course. The dining experience was amazing. It was one of the best dining experiences of my life. The food, service, ambience and presentation was impeccable! My complements to the chef and our server, Brandon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 course dinnercasecorDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I were celebrating our 32nd anniversary and the Ranch was the perfect place. It is a very comfortable place with great food and drinks. Our only complaint was heavy use of salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time not so much a charm....NatalieWDined on 10/5/2013we've dined at Keystone Ranch several times and I was looking forward to our dinner. The first 3 courses were great, the entrée not so much (maybe don't order grouper in the mountains!) and dessert was just ok. Our service was pretty bad for what you would expect at a nice restaurant - our waitress was less than attentive, never really followed up with us, didn't pour our wine, etc. I've had better experiences there so hate to write Keystone Ranch off completely, maybe they were just a little off that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 for 1luvkstoneDined on 10/4/2013the 2 for 1 was a good buy, except website and advertising was misleading in that I thought you could get the 2 course ($45) for 2 for 1 as well, but you could not, only the 5 course $75 option was available,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Someplace SpecialBillDined on 10/3/2013In our 30 plus years in the county we always go to Keystone Ranch when we want to have a special time...or just a great meal. From anniversaries, our sons graduation dinner, to a place to treat special friends and business associates-a place to go. John G our waiter is a local we have come to know and his and all the staff are superb. Cant wait till the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keystone Ranch never disappoints!citygalturnedalpineDined on 10/3/2013Another family birthday at the Ranch! Great food, wine and atmosphere as usual. The 5 course tasting meal is just the right portion size to let you try a little of everything - the fig salad was dressed perfectly! We were enjoying a great bottle of Paul Hobbs Pinot Noir, which unfortunately was the last one, but the extensive wine list allowed us to switch to a David Bruce for our second bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an evening where everythingloveeatingoutDined on 10/2/2013It was an evening where everything was wonderful!!! So rare now days. Service was very attentive, but not lingering. Portions very adequate, presentations beautiful and flavors exquisite. Moving to the living room for coffee and dessert by the fireplace was an added bonus to end a perfect dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCharlesDined on 9/24/2013We can on our honeymoon and our waiter, Jon, made us feel special with champagne and a wonderful dessert. The wild boar and char were especially delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingjackieDined on 9/20/2013Ambiance was very nice. Food presentation was lovely. Service was outstanding. But the most important component, the food, was tasteless. We were extremely disappointed. It's quite expensive, which is o.k. if the food is good. We will not return.
- DisappointedStranmanVIPDined on 9/17/2013Service was great. The food was at best fair. Way too expensive for the quality of food.Special Features:
- DisappointedDaveyDined on 9/4/2013We went to Keystone Ranch for our anniversary dinner and found the food to be very poor. Beautiful setting and ambience but they have lost it as far as knowing how to serve a good meal.Special Features:
- We had a GREAT evening!catshadowVIPDined on 8/30/2013While this restaurant tends to be a "bit" out of the way, on a beautiful summer evening the drive to get there was well worth it! My wife and I have taken family for dinner here a couple of times and had an excellent experience. This time, it was just the two of us and we had a delightful and romantic dinner for two with a table by the window as requested! Since we love to dine, our waiter was responsive to our relaxed dining schedule and we were not rushed in the least. The food was excellent! And, as we have in the past, we had our dessert and after dinner drinks in the lounge area which is always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedChitownjoyDined on 8/29/2013The whole experience of dinning was remarkable -- food, service, view of mountains. If you are in the Keystone area this is a must, especially if you are looking for a romantic break away of a place for friends to have a time that will not be forgotten.Special Features:
- Continue to Draw Me BackTnttownVIPDined on 8/15/2013The Ranch continues to be one of the best mountain dining spots in Colorado. The food is inovative without being wierd. Love to have this nice option in the Keystone/Dillon/Silverthorn area.Special Features:
- Excellent Vegan MealsAlfredDined on 7/20/2013We always have been having the most excellent vegan meals. The creativity of the chef, the attention to detail and presentation, and most of all, the superb quality and taste of our 5 course vegan meals are simply outstanding. We cannot give enough praise to the chef, and pastry chef, for their personal involvement to make these meals such a success. The Keystone Ranch Restaurant is probably the best in the State, and exceeds all the others as part of the Keystone Resort.. And we have been there since 1978.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedTojomiDined on 7/5/2013I am not 100% vegetarian but don't eat much meat. When salmon was the fish they were featuring (one of the few fish I regrettably don't like) I was left with 1 soup, 1 appetizer & 1 side salad to choose from. The waiter knew about my lack of choices and instead of offering to pull something together or chat with the chef, he left me to make do with what was on the menu. I ended up making a meal out of the soup and salad and picking a few items from my husbands plate. I was in the service industry at high end establishments for years. I would have done a better job of trying to accommodate my guest. The food was good, but it would have been nice to feel like they were willing to make an effort on my behalf.Special Features:
- A fantastic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/26/2013Outstanding food and service. Having dessert in the living room is one of our favorite things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itsatisfiedDined on 6/14/2013Loved every minute of the evening it flowed so nicely and enjoyed every biteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, memorable dinnerexplorerDined on 6/11/2013We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Keystone Ranch Restaurant. Our server, Wes, was knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly. He was fantastic. We had a table with a lovely view of the mountains, meadow and lake.The five-course meal was impeccable, innovative, delightfully arranged and delicious. We ordered different items for each course and each was beautiful and delicious. Kudos to the chef and staff. We enjoyed the tastes of unusual items and combinations, like figs, kumquats and pine nuts in the salad. Thank you for a special memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, even thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013Great experience, even though it was opening week the staff was well prepared and the chef did an outstanding job. Free shuttle was a bonus! The flavor combinations were unique and well thought out. Good well balanced wine list.Special Features:
- We choose the Keystone RanchRkj2000VIPDined on 4/3/2013We choose the Keystone Ranch Restaurant for special occasions and it never fails to make a perfect evening. The food was outstanding and our waiter, John, was the BEST!Special Features:
- We eat the Keystone RanchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2013We eat the Keystone Ranch at least once a year and have always been impressed by both the food and the service. The food as usual was excellent. However, the service during this last visit lacked the high quality we had experienced in previous visits. We can't quite call it poor; it was generally adequate but not the superior service that the restaurant had provided in the past. However, when we were ready to leave we had to search for our server to get and then again to settle our bill. Our bill also contained almost $100 in erroneous charges, which our server initially disputed until I pointed out the problem, line by line. The error was corrected.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinner! Greatjkmom2Dined on 4/2/2013We had a lovely dinner! Great view and cozy atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2013Excellent food, service, and romantic ambiance nestled in the heart of ski country-very special!Special Features:
- Very good as usual....a trulyKeystone1Dined on 3/26/2013Very good as usual....a truly fine dining experience. The time between the first 3 courses was slow ,and the pace of the meal could be improvedSpecial Features:
- Definitely a top 5 for SummitFoodie1VIPDined on 3/16/2013Definitely a top 5 for Summit County and we will be back. Service started slow because of a large group that came in right before we arrived. We stood at the hostess desk several minutes and after we were seated, it took over 30 minutes to get our drink order and then our first course. However, once we brought this oversight to the attention of our server, we received great service from everyone. And the food was excellent. Everything was prepared to perfection and the presentation of each course was unique and appetizing.Special Features:
- Great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2013We had a great meal and a great experience during Spring Break. I highly recommend the elk. It was suggested by the chef and it was wonderful. My husband ordered the fish and he said it was the best he has ever had.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Awesome experience! Very fancy and a enjoyable environment. My girlfriend and I enjoyed every minute of it and the Elk entree was amazing! I would recommend this place to anyone of my buddies. Also the service was very good we lucked out with getting such a good waiter.Special Features:
- Outstanding with only oneBobDVIPDined on 3/1/2013Outstanding with only one negative. Service was not good once we moved to the other room for dessert. Long waits in between when server came to us.Special Features:
- Keystone Ranch Restaurant PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2013The Keystone Ranch Restaurant has definitely regained some of its old glory. After Ron Wolfe, the quality of service and food slowly deteriorated and hit a nadir about 18 months ago. It was to the point the my wife and I dined at The Ranch for its ambiance and not its food, which was at its zenith with David Welch. We were very pleased with the food on March 1, 2013, but yet it is not quite back to the level it of the Welch and Wolfe era. But that level may be within reach. Service: constancy in the service staff has always been a strong point of The Ranch over the past 20 years, but on this occasion there was only one of the "regular staff" serving. The staff turn over was evident in the little things like attention to wine serviceSpecial Features:
- Food Fantastic / Service HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2013Food was fantastic and it should be for the prices of the meals. The service, however, was horrible - a lot of staff running around but not one of them seemed to be responsible for our table and each time we needed something it seemed like we were putting them out, like they had more important things to do. I would go back and give them another chance becasue the food and ambiance were that good.Special Features:
- Everything I've ever had atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Everything I've ever had at Keystone Ranch was exceptional. The ambiance is exceptional, and the waitstaff is helpful, friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- What Happened ???OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I was totally dissapointed with our dinner and I am a Keystone homeowner and have eaten at the Ranch before and the food was excellent but not this time by any means. The service was very slow and one of the worse steaks I have ever had and the fish was nothing to write home about and the dessert--what a joke that was for the price and it was not good. On a good note, the soup was outstanding ! I am sorry to have to say that I cannot any longer recommend The Ranch. They have some major restructuring to do before I will make my next visit!Special Features:
- A totally amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013This is the second time we have been at Keystone Ranch. It was truly a wonderful experience the first time and it did not disappoint us this time. The service and food...its amazing presentation is beyond explanation. Each dish was a work of art and what it did to the palent...ahhhh...so good.Special Features:
- One of our all-time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013One of our all-time favorite restaurants! We always try to stop in when in Keystone, Colorado.Special Features:
- For a special occasionkaite1017Dined on 2/14/2013This is our second dining experience at the Keystone Ranch. We came with my whole family back in December when my parents were visiting from New York for my dad's birthday, and he absolutely loved it! Then, we came again this past Valentine's Day and my boyfriend and I had an exquisite time. The food was delicious, from the appetizers to the soups and salads (even the bread!), to the entrees and finally, dessert by the fireplace. Yes, it's pricey, but we knew this in advance, and it's worth every penny in our opinion. We will definitely be back again for another special occasion, as we live in the area. Thanks again for a fabulous experience!Special Features:
- What a treat! My boyfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013What a treat! My boyfriend and I are rarely in a position to enjoy fine dining, so it's very important to us that when we do we enjoy ourselves to the fullest, and Keystone Ranch did not disappoint. The free shuttle service allowed us to enjoy our wine without worrying about who was driving. We enjoyed the five-course meal and were generally blown away. My favorites were the Pork Cheek appetizer and my Elk entree. The only disappointments were a rabbit appetizer that came out looking like thick salami (it was good, just not the quality that we expect for this kind of money) and the scallops that were slightly overdone. Our server, John, helped make the night even better, with some great wine pairings and a wonderful, energetic attitude.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience. ThereskateDined on 2/6/2013Outstanding experience. There was only one other table being served so we were very lucky. The food was top shelf.Special Features:
- Amazing food, perfect service, neatLovespastaVIPDined on 2/1/2013The food and service are amazing!! The chef is dedicated to the farm to table movement. The menu choices were creative and delicious. They are known for game choices. Dessert was wonderful and served at the fireplace so you could visit with other guests. Check with tip was $185 for two for three courses each and 2 glasses if wine. But this was worth it. We loved that they picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel!!!!! The atmosphere was quiet and very beautiful like an upscale Colorado ranch.Special Features: