Bighorn Bistro and Bar
22101 US Highway 6
Keystone, CO 80435-7821Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bighorn Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.keystoneresort.com/diningdetail/Key+-+Bighorn+Steakhouse.axd
- Phone: 9704964386x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chris Brinkman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Bighorn and Littlehorn rooms can both be used for large private parties depending on availability. Capacity for 150. Slightly larger parties are possible, call for details if interested.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony Maguire 9704963747x
- Cross Street: Decatur Road
- Public Transit: The Bighorn Steakhouse is located inside of the Keystone Lodge and Spa. The Lodge is accessible by both the Summit Stage bus line, and the Keystone bus line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The Bighorn Steakhouse offers valet parking through the lodge, in addition to an on-site public lot.
A word from Bighorn Bistro and Bar
Bighorn Bistro & Bar offers fine dining without all the fuss. Seasonally inspired, locally purchased, from scratch appetizers and entrees are fresh made,never from the freezer. Soak in breathtaking views of the Keystone Lake & The Continental Divide as you enjoy masterfully prepared cuisine so good you will want to write home about it! Located in the Keystone Lodge & Spa adjacent to the Keystone Lake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bighorn Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- elegant dinnerLeonskiDined on 7/14/2013We went for just a quiet dinner but were impressed at every turn. A quiet Sunday night dinner where the staff seemed eager to show us what they could do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent meal, convenient locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We were the only table in the restaurant until just before we left (and this was Father's Day) so it was a little odd. Service was very friendly and attentive, food came out quickly (again, no one else was there). The bass is incredible! The roasted poblano dish is excessively HOT! The view is fantastic. Creme brûlée is worth a try.Special Features:
- Jim BrackenburyhungryDined on 6/4/2013A very enjoyable evening, made particularly by the attentiveness of Jim Brackenbury, our waiter.Special Features:
- Great food!KrumnowandFamily2013Dined on 6/4/2013We enjoyed the food, however the waiter we had was somewhat rude in his comments to questions we had about the menu. Otherwise, a nice place to eat!Special Features:
- Last time I was in town IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Last time I was in town I did not have a reservation and the wait way too long. This time I madea reservation. Great food and Great service. I hadethe house cabernet and it was great!Special Features:
- Food was very good, just expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2013Food was very good, just expected bigger portions for the price. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Food was decent. Steaks wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/20/2013Food was decent. Steaks were well prepared and service was excellent.
- This is not a review aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013This is not a review about the restaurant, but rather a review about your poor mapping of the restaurant. -we tried finding this place using your mapping from the iphone app. Didn't work out as we ended up on the wrong side of the road.-we also tried google mapping it, and lo and behold, we were sent a mile away to a different place. Sadly this was the wrong place too.-also tried Apple mapping it and again were sent to different location.In the end we ended up at a Tex Mex restaurant where we had a mercy meal. No one was happy and a couple of locals we talked to said the resto was mapped incorrect on your app. For now the lesson learned is that unless you're in a large city, don't use the OpenTable app. Thanks for nothing.Special Features:
- A tired imitation of a realOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/4/2013A tired imitation of a real steak house. It feels like a cafeteria.
- Two of the five plates thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Two of the five plates that we ordered at $35+/plate were undercooked or incorrect altogether.
- We were promptly seated atOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2013We were promptly seated at our reservation time and greeted by our server. Meals were ordered, steaks, pasta and seafood. Had to send back one steak meal as it was order medium rare and cooked medium well. Seafood order of scallops was overly salty and the size of the scallops rather small. Agreement of all this was an average meal and restaurant and there were better opportunities to eat at Breckenridge.Special Features:
- Service was ok. Taking intoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Service was ok. Taking into consideration of the price, it was nothing spectacular. Our server did not mention the size of each portion, so when we ordered a 12oz steak, we were surprised how much it was including the side portions. Needless to say, we had no room for desert.Special Features:
- Bad eperience, will not return.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Ambiance was dated, poorly lit and unatractive, reminiscent of a mediocre motel dining room. The filet and beef and buffalo medallions were so salty they were inedible. We sent them back and the replacements were just as bad. They brought out the main course before we finished our appetizers and left them on the table. The empty appetizer dishes were picked up long after we finished.
- We have a home in keystonecristiVIPDined on 2/17/2013We have a home in keystone and have never been. We will be back. It was REALLY outstanding.
- Valentine's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was a great place to spend the evening for Valentine's Day dinner. Very relaxing atmosphere, our server was attentive but not hovering, and the food was great. Probably one of the best steaks I have ever had, prepared just as requested. Add to this the views of the mountains and lake, and I'm not sure how it could have been any better.Special Features:
- Waited 10 minutes for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Waited 10 minutes for the hostess to seat us. Evidently she had to clean tables before seating a party. Once seated, we saw our server twice, once to take the order then to give us our check. We had to wait 45 minutes between our salad and the steak. Food was OK, but not worth the money at all (no where near a Ruth Chris or Morton's). This restaurant has such potential, but bad service and OK food doesn't make it worth the money.
- We two had the game sampler.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We two had the game sampler. Meat and vegetables were excellent in flavor. Quantitiy was sufficient for recharging after a long day of skiing. Two items for improvement: the buffalo steak and venison chop were a bit tough and infufficiently warm. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- This is an amazing place forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2013This is an amazing place for a special dinner while vacationing in the mountains. The steaks were spot on. The wild game entree is one I will remember for a long time. I have eaten bison and venison before, but never had them prepared so perfectly. The wine list is vast, and there are great choices at a huge range of price points. The restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived, so every party got a table at the windows, letting us take full advantage of the beautiful view.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2013We had a wonderful evening here. Granted it is a steakhouse, but if the one vegetarian offering had not appealed, I would have had no other alternative.Special Features:
- Bighorn is always reliableasdfVIPDined on 2/2/2013Bighorn is always reliable and enjoyable. One of our favorite spots in the Keystone area.Special Features:
- Great Service and staff veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2013Great Service and staff very friendly, approachable and interestedSpecial Features:
- Beware of additional Tax addedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2013Beware of additional Tax added to bill in form of a resort tax I was not told of. This in advanceSpecial Features:
- Christmas Dinner in the MountainsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2012The Christmas Day buffet was incredibly tasty, beautifully presented, and plentiful. Thouroughy enjoyed by my whole family, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the Keystone area.Special Features:
- Best steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012We stayed at Keystone last summer and ate at the Big Horn. My husband had the filet and had talked about it ever since as the best steak he'd ever had. This time, we both had the filet and it lived up to his previous experience. We are in our 60s and have had a lot of steaks a lot of different places. This definitely was the best for flavor and tenderness. It cut like butter. Everything else was great, too. It was an unhurried and special meal, presented with elegant, friendly service. Our daughter and son-in-law raved about their meals, too. One had rib eye, the other prime rib.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/24/2012We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner with our family!Special Features:
- My children and I loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012My children and I loved the food! It was the best NY strip I've ever had. Only thing I should've done was wait til the night before we leave. They want to go there for every meal.Special Features:
- Great food, the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Great food, the service was excellent and the view of the lake was beautiful, people skating and playing hockey. This was a great holiday getaway.Special Features:
- We have traveled several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We have traveled several times from California to Colorado to attend Thanksgivings dinner at this location and have always been very happy with the service an the food options. It has become a tradition that I hope will continue for years to come.Special Features:
- Service was especially good,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2012Service was especially good, food was fresh and delicious, our table was beautiful...It was a great evening. Thanks, Bighorn and Keystone!Special Features:
- This was not our first timeCharlieDined on 8/12/2012This was not our first time to eat at Bighorn Steak House, but it was our worst! Three out of five steaks were not prepared as ordered. The sides were only fair. The dessert ( mud pie) was not good either.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to BighormOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012My husband and I went to Bighorm Trakhouse for our first wedding anniversary. The setting is beautiful! The view of the lake and mountains is splendid; however, I cannot say the same for the food. When I spend $180 for two people to share a meal, I expect to rave about the food. I cannot do that after our visit to Bighorn Steakhouse. Our waitress was friendly and regularly checked on us. Our appetizers were okay. Not pipping hot, and it wasn't a busy night (Monday) in July. The crab fitters were a disappointment for sure. My steak wasn't evenly cooked (filet Oacar) and the crab wasn't flavorful. My husband had the ribeye, which was more like medium-well than the medium-rare he ordered. He also had the peppercorn sauaccompaniment.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012The food was absolutely delicious. The croissants and rolls were out of this world! This was a perfect meal! Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- I found the Big Horn SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012I found the Big Horn Steakhouse to be a very nice restaurant, though the prices were very expensive for what you received. May want to consider including a salad or a bowl of soup with entrees.