Churrascos - River Oaks
2055 Westheimer at Shepherd
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Churrascos - River Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cordua.com/
- Phone: 7135278300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm-10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: available till 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cordúa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With six award-winning restaurants, Américas, Artista, Churrascos and Amazón Grill to choose from, The Cordúa Group has taken the best of their portfolio and added other unique flavors. The result: a contemporary flavor unique to MjC Events that can be enjoyed outside of their restaurants. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a gala of splendor, the finest events always start with MjC Events. Event Managers are ready to help you plan your next event! Please contact them at MjC Events 713.961.0911.
A word from Churrascos - River Oaks
Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Churrascos - River Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (72)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (45)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (39)notable wine list (30)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (18)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent, personal service!rgm77096Dined on 6/8/2014We enjoyed the Copacobana ceviche and split a 12 ounce steak 3 ways, then had a great Tres Leches and a sampler of 3 other desserts. Service was very friendly and efficient and accommodating to adjusting things in the restaurant to our satisfaction (when we were there, there were very few patrons and my wife asked to lower the music).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hectorvelarealtorVIPDined on 6/8/2014Excellent food. I was disappointed the bar did not have "pomegranate martinis"... The service needs to step up a few "notches"... They were not attentive and I had to request other waiters for more plantains and another "Cosmo"...Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodBrunchFunDined on 6/8/2014Churassco's is one of my favorite restaurants. I invited a friend who recently move to Houston and she loved it too. We enjoyed the brunch. The variety was great. The food was very flavorful. Most importantly, the temperature of the hot food was hot instead of being barely warm like most buffets. I will continue to come back again and again as I have done for years.Special Features:
- Bottomless what?johnnymac555Dined on 6/8/2014What's not to like? Bottomless mojitos at brunch, the latin french toast, the small servings of all the deserts so I could have try all of them. Awesomeness!Special Features:
- Great steakSteveDined on 6/6/2014The churrasco steak, the namesake of the restaurant obviously, was fantastic. They use chimichurri sauce to marinate the steak to make it extremely tender. The plantain chips are a nice break from the typical tortilla chips at other restaurants. The mac and cheese side was delicious. The tamale dumplings were far less stellar. The brussels sprouts were in between and on the sweeter side. The bacon wrapped filet and shrimp brochette had plenty of meat and vegetables, and they had already removed the skewer when it arrived which was nice; however, the steak was not nearly as tender as the churrascoSpecial Features:
- Awh-sum!Mozart1975Dined on 6/6/2014Recently visited this place for a friend's birthday dinner and I was very impressed from making reservations online to paying the bill. Service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!GurlFoodieDined on 6/5/2014I've been to Churrascos a couple of times now and the food is simply the best anywhere! Great for special occasions, as it's a little pricey for every day. The last time we went the service was also the best ever, but this time we had issues because the waiter couldn't understand English. He tried hard, but totally missed the mark with my meal. I didn't get the food I asked for, but it was good anyway. When you can only go to a place a couple of times a year (I don't live in Houston) and have your mouth set on something, you want what you want. The saving grace: As anyone will tell you, the fried plantains are simply to die for! I will definitely go back, but I'll be looking for an English-speaking waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business as usualBestFriendNADined on 6/1/2014I've been going to Churrasco's for a while now; anytime someone I know has a special occasion (birthday, job promotion, etc.) I tend to think of this as the first place to take them. The Churrasco steak is incredible, their appetizers are all spot on, and the drinks (especially the Mojitos) are very good. I'd recommend this place to any self-respecting beef eater, or the friend of one!Special Features:
- Steak PlaceSkipperDined on 5/28/2014Absolutely the best steak in town. The steak is tender and juicy.Special Features:
- DmorganDined on 5/25/2014My friend came from out of town and I took her there specifically to try the cuisine. She loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, excellentCourtneyDined on 5/24/2014The steaks speak for themselves! I took my 8 year old God-daughter and her family to celebrate and it was wonderful. The waiter/manager even gave her a free dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good except for the quantityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Food is very good, but you do not give very much of it. You have to order a lot in order to feel full afterwards. Excellent service though!Special Features:
- Service ???khhkhhDined on 5/16/2014I love the food but when it comes to service ??? very disappointed, compared to prior visits, took my mother for her 85th birthday, wish I had made a different choice will avoid for a while,Special Features:
- Not the bestwhosehungryDined on 5/11/2014My family went here for Mother's Day. I thought it would be a nice and elegant place, but it wasn't at all. The service was horrible. Had reservation but had to wait an additional 15 minutes. Waiter never came to get our drinks. Food was okay. Went to pay the expensive bill over $150 for food that could be found at a cheap buffet costing maybe at most $30. Lastly, the waiter lost my credit card. Horrible experience. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN! I am very disappointed - Americas which is owned by the same company is a thousand times better!!!!!
- Mother's Day BrunchFoodieCrossingDined on 5/11/2014Five of us went to brunch for Mother's Day. The food was good, service was not too bad. They seemed to have difficulty refilling the buffet line with food though....however they were swamped. I want to go back for regular dinner service.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & ExperiencejonbDined on 5/11/2014We had a party of 6 today for Mother's Day. It was ridiculously busy yet the service was perfect. The hostess - didn't get her name but young brunette in a white and green dress - owned the room and basically jogged between duties. Our server Michael made sure everybody was happy. The food was outstanding. We all loved the multiple uses of plantains and the steak, pig and salmon were wonderful. Everybody age 5-44 - had multiple things we raved about. Biggest negative was the music played, but only because my 5 year old couldn't stop getting up and dancing to it. Great meal and day all around with perfect service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Way too crowded!Foodies123Dined on 5/11/2014As the hostess admitted to me, the restaurant overbooked for Mother's Day brunch. It left the entrance crowded with people waiting to be seated. It looked a lot like a cattle call at Denny's or IHOP. The food and service was great as always but they simply tried to serve too many people at once. I wouldn't recommend Churrascos as a Mother's Day option after our visit though it's still a great restaurant for normal dining!Special Features:
- Busy Brunchhoustonfoodie2Dined on 5/11/2014I reserved a table for 4 at 1:00 for Mother's Day. When I arrived there was a line out the door and I could barely make my way up to the hostess desk. When i made my way up there I wasn't greeted not in the friendliest manner and was told the only tables available were outside in the heat and humidity. Since we hadn't eaten anything all day we decided to take it. The buffet was delicious but extremely busy and hard to manage. The food was great but the overall ambiance of the place kind of ruined the overall vibe of the holiday. I will be back here for a regular meal but will choose to go back to Americas in the Woodlands for any special occasion.Special Features:
- josem330VIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent service and outstanding food. It is an obligatory stop every time we visit Houston.Special Features:
- Churrascos is always greatsuzbiggsDined on 5/9/2014You forget between visits how very good the food is. Of course, the service is always great. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and our visitor was impressed.Special Features:
- Lovely steaks but quite priceyRancherGirlDined on 5/7/2014Churrascos at River Oaks has changed the menu quite a bit since the last time we visited Houston and ate there. Now everything is à la carte and quickly totals up. The special for the night was $50. It was an 8 oz filet with crab on top. The only difference between that the the $27 filet was the crab on top. The wine menu is extensive and also more expensive than it should be. All that said, the steaks were melt in your mouth tender and if you know your wine, you can find some fine vino at the lower price end of their selection. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014The Churrasco steaks are the best. I've never tasted anything that wasn't delicious at Churrascos....from appetizers through dessert...Special Features:
- Great fooddiva7Dined on 5/1/2014The food is awesome and the service is great! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOST FAVORITE PLACE---EVER!!!DinneronSaturday13Dined on 4/26/2014This place NEVER disappoints...Food is amazing....drinks were very unique......service is great...can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShariH1961Dined on 4/26/2014We made reservations and asked for a cozy, quiet, romantic table to celebrate a special anniversary @ 6:30 pm. We were seated immediately at a major intersection of restaurant in a booth. So much for our request. Server was slow, manager was schmoozing a booth behind us of regulars, I presume, he spent a good amount of time there discussing his move from Memorial City....but a poor job of managing our issue.... Food was sent back..asked for medium rare steak, came out moo-ing. Sent it back, my bacon wrapped filet cam back WELL DONE and missing the shrimp. Flaming Tres Leches was good. Probably not a good choice for a cozy, romantic celebration. Lesson learned.
- LOVE LOVE CHURRASCOSmeatloverVIPDined on 4/25/2014I had my Birthday at Churrascos and every time we celebrate a special occasion this is our first choice!Special Features:
- A food allergy Master!PoBrownDined on 4/25/2014Great Review. The waiter was very attentive to my food allergy!Special Features:
- Good food & serviceMinakiVIPDined on 4/24/2014Excellent food & attentive service - a little pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday BrunchKkg003Dined on 4/20/2014First time for brunch there. Waiter finally arrived and asked for drink orders. I asked him to explain the deal. He found a table sign with the list of endless drinks and told me I can get endless or just one for $5. I went with the one. My husband got tea. The waiter walked off. My husband and I shrugged. We assumed there was no menu to order from. I arrived back, and the tea was there, but mimosa was not. I had to flag the waiter down. I ate about $15 of food, and my husband made 3 trips to the buffet. We didn't know the cost until we got the bill. The food was great, but it was too much. No Churrasco steak that day. The beef tenderloin was fine. Great buffet, but bad logistics, and high cost for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter rip-offOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We thought the buffet was not very good. Alot of the food was cold and the price was way too steep for what you get.
- Great BrunchSBellDined on 4/20/2014Sat outside and really enjoyed the brunch Buffett.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2014very good dinner tonight with great service, and steak is #1Special Features:
- My birthday dinner went asrkinthecityDined on 4/12/2014My birthday dinner went as planned. Food & service were great!Special Features:
- Delish!tammy236caDined on 4/12/2014Food was fablous, excellant serving staff. Always love coming to Churrascos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!LadyDDined on 4/6/2014We were in Houston for a five day period recently and ate at Churrascos River Oaks twice!. Its always on our itinerary and always delicious. We wish the management would expand to Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingDrMudDined on 4/5/2014We had one person in our party that didn't show. It wasn't a problem for them. They put us at a nice table. Food was terrific. One of our party had never been there before and she loved it.Special Features:
- OutstandingBUSYPROATTYVIPDined on 4/4/2014We had a great family dinner with outstanding service from Sergio. It made for a memorable experience because some friends of the family joined us for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect steakWhyHaveAKitchenDined on 4/3/2014My steak at Churrascos always comes out exactly to my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for a late lunch!Foodies123Dined on 3/28/2014The lunch menu is awesome and affordable. We really enjoyed ourselves and the service was excellent. We never have a bad experience at Churrascos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerBdaykatyDined on 3/22/2014I had an amazing birthday dinner with my family and friends. The food was delicious, wine was so good, and the service was amazing. I can't wait to go again. The empanadas were the best I've ever had actually for an appetizer. And it was so hard to choose my main entree becuse everthing sounded tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.