Churrascos - River Oaks
2055 Westheimer at Shepherd
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Churrascos - River Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cordua.com/
- Phone: 7135278300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm-10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: available till 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cordúa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With six award-winning restaurants, Américas, Artista, Churrascos and Amazón Grill to choose from, The Cordúa Group has taken the best of their portfolio and added other unique flavors. The result: a contemporary flavor unique to MjC Events that can be enjoyed outside of their restaurants. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a gala of splendor, the finest events always start with MjC Events. Event Managers are ready to help you plan your next event! Please contact them at MjC Events 713.961.0911.
A word from Churrascos - River Oaks
Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Churrascos - River Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (72)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (41)great for lunch (39)notable wine list (30)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (18)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always the Bestarby42Dined on 8/16/2014As always, Churrascos was the best in food, drinks, service and ambience, even if a little noisier and slower than usual (probably due to the crowds of Restaurant Weeks). Special kudos for Copacabana ceviche and Churrasco steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerTxduoVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for the Houston Food Bank dinner special. The food and service were not compromised at all by the special pricing. Food was still very good and even though they were quite busy on Saturday night, several times a manager came by our table to make sure we were being taken care of. Always enjoy our dinners here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt RushedmunchieDined on 8/16/2014Even though the waiter was very good and friendly, when were looking at what to order, we all felt rush - like he wasn't patient enough for us to even finish saying what we were going to order.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerSusieQDined on 8/16/2014I am a frequent diner at Churrasco's. The food and service are always fantastic! I took my good friend there for her birthday. She absolutely loved the food, service and ambience!Special Features:
- Excellent cuisine, great serviceJWhiteDined on 8/16/2014I visited this restaurant with a friend. We both ordered the lunch special (instead of from Houston Restuarant Week) We had an appetizer, entree plus dessert for only $19. The plantain chips with the dipping sauce is so good. We both ordered the Churrascos salad, it is very good. I had the fish, very tender and juicy. I took the flan home because I was so full. Service was impeccable, the manager came around to check on the table as well. Great experience. (Saturday lunch around 1pm)Special Features:
- Excellent!PatsyDined on 8/15/2014Meat was melt in your mouth good! Would definitely come back again and again.Special Features:
- Absolutely delish Brazilian!SuzeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our party of four enjoyed the selections for HRW. The portions were incredibly generous, the servings wonderfully fresh, and the surprises many. Who would have thought we would have also been treated to a wonderful shareable side dish of chorizo rice, plaintains, and fried yuca on top of our already sizeable entrees! Our waiter Carlos provided impeccable service and continued to refill water glasses even when we overstayed our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opendiner4uDined on 8/10/2014Great service. Very attentive without being intrusive. Outstanding food - everything was delicious...sauces were light & complimented the dishes. Lots of ambiance Will return & definitely recommend your restaurant to friends & business associates. in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats, Jet-Engine Noisy...spikerjackVIPDined on 8/9/2014Had a very good table on a busy Saturday night during Restaurant Weeks. We could not remember ever being in a louder restaurant - many large parties, lots of kids, etc. Not so bad as to spoil the meal, but definitely not a place for people that like their dinner to be surrounded by a serene atmosphere. Food was generally good; not off-the-charts but enjoyable for the HRW menu. Service was attentive (even if you couldn't hear anything he said...). Excellent HRW desert choices in Tres Leches and Coconut Ice Cream.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekHappytodineDined on 8/9/2014We took some out of town guests for dinner and it was perfect. There was a good variety to choose from and the service was exceptional. One of our friends has a lot of food allergies and even she was able to find items that worked for her. It is nice to have dinner where you do not have to shout so the person across from you can hear you and you also do not have to listen to conversations from other tables.Special Features:
- Excellent !OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/9/2014Salad to start w/ cilantro dressing - excellent. Tenderloin, buttery and delicious. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- great experienceeatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great dinner with clients the food and service were outstanding. The steak is Great!Special Features:
- FIRST CLASS SERVICE!!!DesignerChicDined on 8/5/2014Besides the food being top quality with incredible flavors and beautifully presented (my compliments to the chef and their kitchen) the entire wait staff was extremely courteous, attentive, entertaining, accommodating to my entire party with their different dietary needs and made my birthday one that I will cherish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuburbansinglegirlDined on 8/2/2014So enjoyed the exceptional attention that my friend and I received from the moment we walked in the door to when we left. The hostess, floor managers and waitstaff were all very attentive without being coying. The ambiance is comfortably upscale without being pretentious. The food was truly delicious and I must say that the tres leche cake was the best I ever had! Although the restaurant was a bit noisy, it actually made it possible to have a private conversation and now worry about being overheard or self-conscious about laughing aloud. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDianaDined on 8/1/2014Came here during HRW and it was amazing! Had come before with my in-laws so I wasn't expecting them to give you the regular menu items at such a great deal. Completely worth it. Server was also very friendly.Special Features:
- Went for restaurant week, fantasticGirlsnightoutDined on 8/1/2014Four of us went for restaurant week, service was excellent, food was just fantastic. We all will become regulars.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service & Delicious FoodKMackDined on 8/1/2014We had a work lunch with 6 guests on a Friday afternoon, the service for our table was outstanding, we felt so special when the server brought us out complimentary beef empanadas (delicious) for each of us. The manager came by and checked on us and even dropped off some coupons at the end of our meal. The food was delicious, we all ordered from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu, and it was so fresh, we were all happy-happy. We each took half of our lunch home as leftovers as the portion sizes are huge, it was so delicious we didn't mind taking it home for dinner!Special Features:
- STILL MY GO TO PLACEMemoriesDined on 7/31/2014I lived in the area for a long tmie , then retired & moved away; friends said pick a place to celebrate your birthday....I chose Churrasco; first of all food is never disappointing and guess what....the bartender remembered me after 9 years....he ladies I went with there had one time or anther met me there over the years Its my comfort place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnnieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Three of us ordered different items from the menu and we were all pleased with our choices. Great service as usual.Special Features:
- Always greatSuperDaveDined on 7/29/2014I've been here over and over again. From days in between visits to months. The consistency of the quality of their food is fantastic. If your looking for a great meal that is well portioned and tastes great, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was ABSOLUTELY terribleKindReviewerDined on 7/27/2014I had to order the same thing 3 times and they had 2 waiters per table which I always find is a terrible idea when restaurants do this since neither knows what the other is doing. Overall, it was extremely expensive and the service was horrible
- It started okay enough...BitdisappointedDined on 7/25/2014I celebrated my 30th here with a small party of 8. I was excited since I had read so many glowing reviews. We waited a little past our reservation time, but considering it was a weekend night it wasn't a deal breaker.The appetizers they offered-the crispy plantains, were delicious, and the food was of a higher than average quality, although not extraordinary. My friends ordered a variety of food, and they liked one of the specials they offered as well as the plantain encrusted chicken. The only regrettable thing was that I, along with with 3 of my friends ended up with the worst heartburn the next day.I am not sure if it was due to the acidity of some of the creams/sauces that came with our food.Not sure what to do with balance on gf card.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014I usually really like Churrasco's, but this was the first time I've been to their brunch. I wasn't particularly impressed. Boiled shrimp was overcooked, waffles and pancakes were in a steamer (which is really bad for waffles as they're meant to be crisp), beef was a bit dry, and the plaintains were just a tad undercooked. And although they had I five offerings for dessert, I only tried two, the flan and some kind of filled chocolate cake. The flan was too thick and not good at all, but the chocolate cake thing was delicious. The other desserts were tres leches, rice pudding, and bread pudding. None of which I like any day of the week so I didn't bother. Shame because I have a real sweet tooth.
- Great buffet, top serviceFoodLoversDined on 7/20/2014The food and wait staff are exceptional. We feel pampered by the great service and never rushed. The bottomless mojitos were so refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch BunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Great spot for our monthly ladies brunch--we have gone all over the Houston area on a monthly basis and all agree this is one of our very favorites!Special Features:
- Always A WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Service in this Churrasco's location is just outstanding. Get the waiter to show you how the Churrasco steak is prepared. The chef will bring out a whole tenderloin to demonstrate how you get the perfect flat steak.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A GREAT EXPERIENCEgreatfoodDined on 7/18/2014Loved the food- as always. Our server was very professional. The tres leches is still the best in town!Special Features:
- Ambience and Fine Food, OK ServiceHoustonDinerDined on 7/14/2014The restaurant has a great location with good parking. The atmosphere and ambience of the place is top of the line, and adjusting the scheduled arrival up/down by 20 minutes proved to be no problem. On this occasion though I experienced only OK service for my party of three, which is rather poor for a place that positions itself as a neighborhood gem. Seating was fine and the food good, but requests for additional dishes, the wait period for the bill, and one of the waiters snooty attitude (taking so long a period to come to the table we had to convey our message to a busboy) detracted from the experience. It will be a long time before I revisit the restaurant due to the waiters attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Churrascos" means "outstanding!"ekstraskriverDined on 7/13/2014I have eaten at Churrasco's for years and have never been disappointed. This visit, however, was simply the finest of them all. The food was even more amazing than usual, and the service was simply excellent. When you go, ask for one of Sergio's table. He was an outstanding server.Special Features:
- one of my favoritescajunpeggyVIPDined on 7/11/2014I try to eat at Churrascos every time I'm in Houston. My only complaint is that the menu choices aee significantly reduced from prior years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous steak!Out2dinnerDined on 7/7/2014I was craving a tasty steak, not too large, but flavorful; after looking at nearby options, we decided on Churrasco's. GOOD CHOICE! As always, the service was great, and the beef was cooked exactly as we requested - medium with a hot pink center. They know how to do it! A quality meal that always meets expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceBeemontDined on 7/6/2014This is one place you would want to try! Great food, drinks, & most importantly GREAT service. Ask for Sergio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houstondiner1Dined on 7/5/2014A great job for a birthday celebration. The Tres Leche cake was perfect for the ending.Special Features:
- My Favorite Houston RestaurantmeatloverVIPDined on 6/28/2014My favorite Restaurant. My go to for Birthday, Anniversary etc. Love the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1105 reviews are from the Churrascos - River Oaks reviews archive.
- Great food, great serviceCindyLouDined on 6/21/2014Food was not overly salty as in some restaurants. Seasonings were delicious. Good variety of food. Attentive, knowledgeable, non-intrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakjbradbVIPDined on 6/16/2014also, a great tasting menu option; best desserts in HoustonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014My visit to Churrascos was one of the worst dining experiences I have had in a while. The service was terrible. Our waiter took too long to take our orders. He messed up our drink orders each time and he also mixed up our food orders. The food was bland and lacked flavor. I plan not to return to Churrascos.
- Great serviceluv2eatVIPDined on 6/13/2014Although the service at Churrasco's is always outstanding, the food was not up to par this time. Both of us had the beef tenderloin special which was so salty we did not enjoy it. As well, the food overall was not of the same caliber it used to be. The tres leches was delicious as usual.
- MarvelousMarvelousDined on 6/12/2014I have been going to Churrascos for 15 years. An afternoon or evening there is a memorable experience. The food, ambiance, and service are excellent. Whether you are accompanied by your family, a special friend, or a business associate, you will never be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationtexanveggieDined on 6/10/2014Wonderful evening to celebrate our daughter's high school graduation and acceptance at the college of her choice. Her friends appreciated the excellent food and the opportunity to celebrate their achievements in a relaxed, sophisticated atmosphere. Very accommodating staff. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.