Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
15 NW Alder Place
Issaquah, WA 98027Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montalcinoristoranteitaliano.com/
- Phone: 4252703677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michelina Nardone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Fernando for details.
- Private Party Contact: Fernado Nardone 2068180496
A word from Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
At Montalcino Ristorante Italiano fine food and wine are a way of life. All dishes are prepared with passion and tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality real Italian ingredients. Charismatic Italian family ownership brings a classic atmosphere to the restaurant where everyone is part of the family. A quality menu with many family receipts and a top unique wine list including wines produced by the family creates a perfect dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Issaquah ›
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)special occasion (90)romantic (80)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (52)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- incrediblelove2eatVIPDined on 5/4/2014This is a neighborhood gem that has consistently fabulous food, great live entertainment and fabulous service.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014The food was excellent - super fresh pasta, nice sized portions, delicious!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem, just of Front St.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Great Service, Great Food, very intimate. It was hard to find using iPhone maps, since it is not right on Front St, but just off of it. We had a business lunch there for 6, that was delicious, and the service was very fast. I'm going to take my wife there soon, as she loves Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectjillDined on 4/27/2014Dined now a few times always perfect. Food is just amazing and with all the Italians running around makes for a great ambience and experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!ride2farDined on 4/26/2014This was our first dinner at Montalcino; I'd been to lunch with a group once before. Their food is sumptuous, and the evening ambience very romantic: terrific for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Consistently Excellent . We are Village Theatre season ticket holders and this is our go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmmmmmmMmmmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We were going to the Village Theatre Where could we eat? Oh my....great service, food, wine and a surprise dessert. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in WashingtonYummyInYountvilleVIPDined on 4/25/2014This was by far the best Italian food I have had in Washington!! And I have lived here for 15 years. Food was fresh and had a lot of flavor, the staff very attentive. My only complaint is that the restaurant is not in Seattle. Outstanding! We will be backSpecial Features:
- sammyDined on 4/24/2014Excellent food preparation and presentation. Attentive service without being overbearing. Perfect for a quiet romantic dinner or for a special date or celebration.Special Features:
- MontalcinoMABJVIPDined on 4/24/2014Montalcino is quite small,only eight tables. It is a gem of a family owned, Italian restaurant. Excellent food on a varied menu. Pastas are made in house. The space although small is charming and attractive. Service is attentive and friendly. A tenor circulates performing Italian operatic standards which adds to the ambiance but due to the size of the room inhibits conversation a bit. Owner family presence is evident and shows concern that guests have a good experience. This was our first visit and we consider it a real "find".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014A most enjoyable evening. We had a great dinner our first visit, so brought friends this time. They liked you too! Good food and service, we will be back.Special Features:
- Very ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2014Italian is my favorite cuisine. I've eaten in Italian restaurants all over U.S. This place is the real deal. The whole family works here and they make you feel like one of them. Menu is very unique including the specials yet authentic. Our dinners came out and presentation was great the freshness , quality and flavors were just superb. To boot they had a performer on the guitar who was singing Italian classics and was very good. Very impressive outstanding authentic Italian food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Even Better Than BeforeapplaudVIPDined on 4/19/2014It has been over 6 months since I have been to Montalcino. It is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. The food this time is even better than I remembered it to be. Everything was very fresh and flavorful. The service was exceptional. They made all of us feed very special; like we were part of their family. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014I took my Mom and Dad here for a birthday celebration. The service, food, and live music was incredible. What a great find in Issaquah!! We will most definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Ever!!lovemesomeitalianDined on 4/18/2014My husband and I have been searching for a great Italian restaurant on the Eastside for the last 11 years. We've continually been disappointed with the choices. Montalcino is absolutely amazing! The best dinner I've ever had....hands down. It will make other Italian food that you thought was the best seem like Chef Boyardee. I had the mushroom ravioli which was like a flavor explosion with every bite. I've been craving it each day since we've been there. The service is phenomenal and we happened to be there when there was live music! The gentleman sang to each table in both English and Italian and it was just lovely. My husband and I cannot wait to go back. This is our new "date night" spot!Special Features:
- AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014True Tuscan food prepared and served by dedicated family. Best Brunello from family winerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThadineDined on 4/16/2014The food was delish but expensive. For a casual neighborhood place I did not expect the price point. Food was very good, portions were huge-- less would have been more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky IssaquahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Amazing Italian food! Absolutely friendly service. Such a nice getaway for anytime.Special Features:
- Always There For UsGiacamoDined on 4/11/2014We love great food and this is it.......authentic as it gets ..not for the who don't understand qualify food .....if you do you definitely need to try this most amazing little RestaurantSpecial Features:
- Think twice, but it's nice!Blue2Dined on 4/10/2014Nice, BUT, " Would you like the house wine?" It's about 80 to 90 bucks a bottle. ,!!! OK wine but not just small ok. Or, we would like the bruschetta , we were upsold to the sampler plates at 10 bucks or so more each. And on, and on. Entrees were GOOD, the wild boar was outstanding , spaghetti and meatballs was ? Authentic ? And just OK. Total bill with tip over 300.00 bucks. Interesting experience if wish to try it..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Outstanding, food, wine service just outstanding - we will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experienceMinnieDined on 4/8/2014Always a wonderful experience with fabulous food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and supurb serviceBradDined on 4/5/2014We loved our experience. We arrived a few minutes early and, although we had to wait, we were given a complimentary glass of wine. The food was excellent and the service even better. We will definitely go back to this neighborhood gem. Although very small, it is intimate and great for a romantic evening. We enjoyed the guitarist.Special Features:
- Quality in IssaquahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Another quality dinner. We love our experiences at this amazing little restaurant. The chef continues to amaze us with the preparation and the quality produced. Consistent and always inventive with their featured dishes. We just Love it, superior to any fine dining in SeattleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inexpensive High QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014We always love the experience. I wasn’t going to write another review but when I went to make a reservation I noticed a review stating they liked the food but was expensive. This place produces quality dishes only and if you don’t understand and/or appreciate this aspect of dinning this place is not for you. We don’t like to over pay either but this place is actual inexpensive for they quality produced and my family and friends who dine here all the time understand quality. The owners are true Italian chefs and know their stuff sometimes putting a twist on dishes like, spaghetti and meatball; amazing . Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food from the appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Great food from the appetizer thru dessert, and service to match. Already booked our next reservation to go back!Special Features:
- Issaquah ExperienchappyDined on 3/30/2014I love the feeling of "dinning at home" when you have a meal at Montalcino Ristorante Italiano. Mama is cooking in the kitchen, your host, her son, making sure your dinner is up to your expectations. We enjoyed the specials, king salmon and the tenderloin with a lobster tail. Even though the tenderloin wasn't quite right, staff made sure to correct to our satisfaction. A very special place for those very special occasions.Special Features:
- Best in townRRRomeroVIPDined on 3/29/2014Excellent food and service. The owner is very attentive and the staff is great. Food has been excellent the four times I've been there. I highly recommend it but it is very small so make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is impeccable.....YummersDined on 3/28/2014Food and service is impeccable.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!Special Features:
- A Gem!JoyceVIPDined on 3/27/2014Wonderful, from the moment we entered Montalcino, until we left. We are always personally welcomed, and the service, atmosphere, and, indeed, the food, is always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional lunchTBMreviewDined on 3/25/2014This was the perfect place for me to treat my kids to their annual birthday lunch; not noisy, good Italian music; pleasant waitress who added to the fun of the occasion, the salmon and the Kobe meatball specials were terrific, the Sangiovese wine was perfect, and Fernando's dessert treat of Tiramisu was icing on the cake, so to speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2014Service, dinner and wine were all good except that my husband did not like the cannoli and found it too dry with hardly and filling. He only took a bite and did not eat the rest. When they found out that he did not like it, they did not charge us for it. Everything else we ordered was good though and i am sure we will be back there. The menu has a lot to choose from, so I am eager to return to try something else on there.Special Features:
- The Food and service at thisDaveDined on 3/21/2014The Food and service at this restaurant are off the chart wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate dining in IssaquahFoodiewithKidsDined on 3/20/2014We celebrated our son's birthday at Montalcino. Service was great! We had the specials of the evening, sampler appetizer, veal, and halibut. All was very tasty and we would highly recommend. Be prepared for the price. It's also up there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressedctldinerVIPDined on 3/15/2014I moved to the Seattle area in August of 2013 and found out about this gem of a restaurant from a friend. My wife and I have enjoyed this magnificant Italian Restaurant (Best in Seattle) 5 or 6 times since arriving. This is a family owned business with Mom and Son taking these wonderful recipes straight from Italy and have delighted us each time. It's a small place and you need a reservation well in advance but it worth the wait. The service staff is outstanding and only adds to the experience. Can't wait to come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRichardDined on 3/13/2014Best Italian restaurant around the whole Seattle area in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian JewelMickeyBatDined on 3/10/2014Authentic Tuscan/Italian cuisine. Delicious! Friendliest service ever. Best Italian food I've had in the Puget Sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for twoKyleDined on 3/7/2014The food, wine and service has been outstanding every time we have been to Montalcino's. The ambiance is quaint and unique it can be a little loud at times with the music. You can't go wrong if you are looking for great Italian food. There is a policy where you can only dine in the restaurant for 1.5 hours. We understand this because the restaurant is so small, although this is not enough time to dine if you have over 2 people in your party, This is an expensive restaurant and worth every penny but we felt rushed as soon as we were seated. We would have liked more time in-between courses. There were 4 of us dining and after our 1.5 hours were up we left and went to another restaurant for additional wine.Special Features:
- delivers againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2014This is a restaurant with authentic flavors and quality. We always appreciate it Never failsSpecial Features:
- Fantastic little Italian resturantejsakDined on 2/28/2014Wonderful food, people and just a great place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.