The Patio on Lamont
4445 Lamont Street
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Patio on Lamont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thepatioonlamont.com/
- Phone: 8584124648x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Late Night Menu:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Medall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday 6pm to 9pm
Pianist Sheila Steverson playing holiday jingles and requests
Every Sunday night in December
- Special Events: Industry Mondays - All day happy hour for industry
No Corkage Tuesday and Live Music - No Corkage Fee
Acoustic Sundays - Live Music 6pm to 9pm
Happy Hour - 3pm to 6pm everyday
Christmas Eve - All day happy hour
A word from The Patio on Lamont
Relax. Enjoy. Share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Patio on Lamont - Best Restaurants in Pacific Beach ›
The Patio on Lamont reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (137)neighborhood gem (131)fit for foodies (95)great for brunch (64)great for lunch (58)hot spot (50)special occasion (44)good for groups (43)romantic (41)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food, drinks, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2014Another very enjoyable dining experience. Diverse selection of food and drinks, all of which were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodmarkVIPDined on 4/3/2014As usual the meal was fabulous at The Patio. The duck was scrumptious and the fish special was out of this world. The wait staff is well versed in the menu and give good suggetions. If you like dining outdoors, their terrace is well heated but the seating is at small tables for two. The restuarant is noisy, mostly because it is always busy so make sure to make reservationss or you will have to wait to get in. The rumor is that a sister restaurant is opening close to Hillcrest soon which is great news for San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood DiningMinouVIPDined on 4/2/2014I love this spot - food is great and the atmosphere is energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITMadiDined on 3/30/2014I never got the chance to eat at this location when it was Lamont Street Grill, but when they put in the Patio, just the appearance was enough to draw me in. Such a fun and comfortable restaurant, and the ambiance was awesome. We showed up for happy hour (such a good deal) and tried the sausage appetizer, and the steak flatbread, both of which were so tasty. They started live music on the patio with a young woman playing the keyboard, and it was beautiful. For dinner, between the four of us, we had the caesar salad, the ahi poke tacos, the endive salad, and the kobe burger, and everything was absolutely delicious. We even got complimentary desserts because we were celebrating birthdays :) Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014This little gem is like dining in the forest. Wonderful selection of cheeses & salads. Dog friendly. Great place to bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet FriendlySNBooksDined on 3/26/2014I loved the atmosphere. The food was great. My friend and I shared the bread and brussels sprouts. I am not a huge fan of blue cheese, but it added just the right amount of taste to the dish. When they said the bread takes 10 minutes, I was curious. Yep, the bread is fresh out of the oven in a little dish. 4 perfect little rolls with honey butter on the side. I ordered the Ribeye cap steak and my friend got the Ahi Poke tacos. We both had a great meal. The other great thing about this place is that it is dog friendly. My friend brought her cavalier king charles spaniel. They had a wonderful treat for Louie. Something with bacon, beef, and peanut butter. They also brought him a bowl of water. Will be eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and dog friendlyLixloDined on 3/22/2014We went for dinner on a Saturday night. We didn't wait at all with a reservation. We brought our two dogs, the staff was so great and friendly to our dogs. They fed them a gourmet cookie made by the chef and they have water bowls for my dogs. The food was so good that wanted to lick my plate :) i ordered the duck. Service was outstanding. The best I have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eatswellfedDined on 3/22/2014The Patio was all around very good. The wait staff was fun and timely. The ambiance was easy and quiet. Happy hour was the best..... choice of comfort food (burgers) or the full dinner menu (more fu fu food). Half off drink price at happy hour also. Good place.... good food.... good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor, outdoor and indoor.AbanaDined on 3/22/2014Great decor, outdoor and indoor. Attentive service and handling. Dog friendly and happily buzzing with patrons. Reservations are a must as it gets crowded. Would love to try their dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service beyond compareMarleneVIPDined on 3/20/2014This was our second visit to The Patio. Our server, Sokol, was outstanding and made our meal even better. He a charming and attentive, knew the answers to each question. He kept updating us on the status of our meal and "defused" my husband's normal impatience when service is slow with his charm. He is a gem! The bone-in rib eye steak, a new item, is a huge portion. it was a bit overcooked for the medium rare we ordered and Sokol would have taken it back if we wanted (my husband chose to keep it) and promised to inform the chef and make sure our food was perfect next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most everything met or exceededGeraldDined on 3/20/2014Most everything met or exceeded our expectations. The only negative was that if arrived before 4:30 after lunch, the food menu was very limited in choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday lunchMarieDined on 3/19/2014Great service, delicious food and original presentations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MackenzieDined on 3/18/2014Everything about the dining experience was fantastic. A great place to take a new date if you're looking to impressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/16/2014Great vibe and excellent brunch! Enjoyed it better than dinner experience.Special Features:
- just need better serviceSDFoodiesVIPDined on 3/16/2014they needed more servers drink took way to long to get. other then that we love that place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for dinner - brunch is greatChefgirlVIPDined on 3/15/2014We have dined now several times , brunch and dinner. Both times the service and food were great! Just a little too loud to carry on a conversation when dinning with 2 other couples. We loved the large, comfy and cozy booths but if your on the end we can't hear you(: Also love that they have valet parking.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.KaneDined on 3/15/2014Great food. Great service. This is a nice neighborhood place with a pet-friendly patio. Great for meeting up with friends for brunch and lots of outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for a group!foodies4lifeDined on 3/14/2014Great for a group - fun and lively! Food is hit or miss - most is delicious but some meals are not as great, at least that is what we found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!WinnerDined on 3/14/2014All the food was terrific, but the Brussell sprouts were the very best I have ever tasted and I like Brussell sprouts! There were three of us and everyone was very pleased with their meal. Great use of outdoor space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date with a dog ownerJacketandatiekindaguyDined on 3/13/2014I will be honest. I think that Patio is very accomodating for dog owners. My date's dog loved the complimentary snacks and water. We could truly focus on ourselves. The staff was very friendly. The people who dine at the place are also of quality making this a chill relaxed yet classy place in Pacific Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchbrunchloverDined on 3/9/2014Sunday brunch was great! Service was particularly good. Food excellent and ManMosa was divine! Valet was on duty at 10:30 on a Sunday and that was very helpful. Will definitely come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Octopuses gardenLiversteegDined on 3/8/2014Everything was delicious. Our server was attentive, I wish I could remember his name but I remember it being too complex for me to be able to spell anyways. The octopus changed my view on octopus forever. The scallops were also absolutely perfect. It is a very small space and we happened to be seated right by the door. It was odd because the restaurant called me and left me a message saying they could only "hold my reservation for 10 more minutes" but I had already been seated for 20 minutes at that point haha. But I totally understand, I used to be a hostess. Things can get lost in translation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio on Lamont --PB swoops upTomGDined on 3/6/2014Startlingly good and lively bistro in remodeled house in midst of Pacific Beach. Lobster Corn dog is fun, tasty and filling --as were the very creamy & pungent brussel sprouts. Not so thrilled with the flatbread, but overall a real charmer with some real adventurous and tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the patio scene and the decorJudyDined on 3/6/2014The patio and the decor especially appeal to me, but I also think the menu selection is nice. There is something for everyone, and the staff seem to be flexible for additions or deletions to the diner's tastes and/or food needs. I would definitely dine there again and also recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant, and service!SanDiegoDelVIPDined on 3/5/2014This is a fantastic restaurant with delicious plates. Service is top notch, and the staff and owner a very friendly. I'm looking forward to their new location in Mission Hills opening in May.Special Features:
- Love this place, hate PB parkingkhansonVIPDined on 3/5/2014Great food and 'fancy' but affordable stuff. The waiter was very attentive with out being annoying. I just had the parking situation.Special Features:
- Great Meal at Hot SpotmarkVIPDined on 3/4/2014We were at the Patio on a Tuesday night (Mardi Gras!) when there was a wine pairing dinner event upstairs. The place was packed and really alive....The food was wonderful! The Scallops off the menu were great and the rest of us had various dishes from their "specials" of the day...all of which were also were great. We will be going back.....but perhaps not during Mardi Gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to bring canine buddy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014From the second my dog and I arrived (booked reservations in Vancouver Canada ) your staff greeted me and my dog like we were VIP! Cozy, festive, beautiful! I raved all over town especially to dog owners about how special the patio is!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodNoviDan121VIPDined on 2/25/2014Great Food- the Winter Vegetable Risotto was so delicious, I could order it everyday! The service was friendly and professional. Would recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Always amazingsuepVIPDined on 2/23/2014The Patio is a great place for date night, family brunch or a group event. The food is amazing and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!Rosati007Dined on 2/22/2014Everything about our experience at The Patio was great: the food, the service, the feel of the restaurant, everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, unique, and relaxingJennDined on 2/16/2014We went for brunch - the menu was very diverse with breakfast, salad, sandwiches that would suit the 'normal' patron as well as creative dishes if you want to try something new. Everything was delicious and fresh. Our group of 5 + child all enjoyed our meals plus specialty brunch beverages (I had a mule - in a copper cup, as it should be). Prices were reasonably inexpensive (meal + specialty mixed drink <$25) for the atmosphere of patio - our table was comfortable bench style with pillows behind our backs for semi-reclining. The wait staff was friendly, informative, and very accommodating for our requests regarding the 16mo old in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseDebfranDined on 2/15/2014I had heard of the Patio but didn't realize it was such a great find. A lot bigger than I imagined with an amazing and eclectic menu. Highly recommended. PB is all grown up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Great spot! We enjoyed the patio! Quaint, cool, tasty! Make a reservation...gets crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Than A Great Local Spot!bandbDined on 2/15/2014The Patio has become one of our favorites. A creative menu, comfortable setting, and great service - perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2014The Patio is a gem in Pacific Beach. The outdoor feel of the dining area combined the eccentric menu of flatbreads, seafood, and meats, this place is a must try for everyone in the San Diego area. The decor is awesome with a live plant wall and fire place seating. The cocktails also have a good kick! Try the Mister Chow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for the gregariousbscommentsVIPDined on 2/13/2014Loved the duck. Scallops were perfectly cooked but were not wrapped in bacon; there were a few scraps of bacon on the plate. Puree of butternut squash was way too salty. The restaurant is very noisy and crowded to the point that our waiter tripped over the floor heater. The ratio of people to walkable square footage is so tight that I am surprised the fire dept doesn't object. Our waiter was terrific; the restaurant is perfect for young and agile people. We are not. I hope there new restaurant opening in Mission Hills caters more to the older, not-so-agile, hard-of-hearing crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet!MBINSDDined on 2/10/2014We meet some friends to catch up and even though we were at the table a long time, we never felt rushed. Our waiter was awesome and had good suggestions on wine. Our out of town guest really enjoyed the place!Special Features:
- Do you make the wine from scratch?bad1980fishDined on 2/8/2014Oh man... our service couldnt have been slower or less friendly. However the food was pretty good. Ambiance is the real reason for going here. Some good stouts on tap. Nice place for a date and Ive been many times and I live a block away and the waiter was a fluke. Overall a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service are goodMargeDined on 2/1/2014The food and service are good but it is too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.