The Patio on Lamont
4445 Lamont Street
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Patio on Lamont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thepatioonlamont.com/
- Phone: 8584124648x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Late Night Menu:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Medall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday 6pm to 9pm
Pianist Sheila Steverson playing holiday jingles and requests
Every Sunday night in December
- Special Events: Industry Mondays - All day happy hour for industry
No Corkage Tuesday and Live Music - No Corkage Fee
Acoustic Sundays - Live Music 6pm to 9pm
Happy Hour - 3pm to 6pm everyday
Christmas Eve - All day happy hour
A word from The Patio on Lamont
Relax. Enjoy. Share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Patio on Lamont - Best Restaurants in Pacific Beach ›
The Patio on Lamont reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (135)neighborhood gem (129)fit for foodies (96)great for brunch (68)great for lunch (63)hot spot (50)good for groups (46)romantic (45)special occasion (44)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- starters is the way to go!ImspiceyVIPDined on 5/26/2014The Patio is always a welcomed experience. The vibe is great and the service is excellent as well. I like the food but i'm not in love with it. When i say that i'm referring to the main courses. I've yet to find that entree that WOW's me; however the starters are all delish and the cocktails are certainly the ticket to keep you coming back for more.Special Features:
- The PatiohotpinkVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great food, awesome service! The servers are very friendly, attentive, and patient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 426 reviews are from the The Patio on Lamont reviews archive.
- Perfect Pacific Beach Patio DiningBattmotherDined on 5/24/2014We wanted brunch, outdoors, and excellent reviews. Modern and comfortable setting, excellent service, and a fun delicious menu. Even though we were on vacation, seeing the cute and well-behaved doggies was a bonus! The drink menu was creative. I stuck with the usual Bloody Mary and friends tried the Bro-tini and ordered a 2nd! We got a veggie skillet, breakfast flatbread and cornflake crusted french toast. The veggie was so fresh and not oily! The flatbread could be shared by 3 people as well as the large french toast portion. While this sounds corny, the energy was the best! No sign of trendiness, stuffiness or inexperience at this restaurant. The food was outstanding and the service was professional. Put this on your vacation list.Special Features:
- AwesomeMaryVIPDined on 5/23/2014Neighborhood gem, outstanding service and food, we will be back!Special Features:
- Late lunchLainersDined on 5/23/2014Having been to The Patio for both breakfast & late afternoon drinks & appetizers, we decided to take a client for a late lunch. As it was a business/pleasure occasion, we sat in the upper dining area overlooking the street. Our client was duly impressed with the food as well as the room. We appreciate that the patio is also dog friendly & will continue to return with clients & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOverpricedDined on 5/21/2014For the quality of the food, The Patio was overpriced. It was good, not great, and for over $300 for 4 people, I expect great. I had a steak and the potato purée was cold. My date had the fish special which she said was tasteless. I will not hurry back.
- Lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Except for external road repair noise that surrounded the place and lack of convenient parking, I found the actual restaurant dining experience, including food and staff friendliness and service, exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HalibutVIPDined on 5/10/2014Very busy Saturday night! Staff was very kind and good!! Food was very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Had a wonderful dinner here with my husband! A bit noisy but friendly! Dog friendly too. The food was excellent and our server was extremely personable and attentive.Special Features:
- Great FindLuvtapasDined on 5/7/2014My husband and I found this on a Sunday and it was 5 star across the board .great waiter Sokol He went back on Monday with a client - another awesome experience I raved about it and made a reservation for a friend and I on Wednesday and then 5 more people wanted to come We were amazed they made room for us - and so appreciated it The food was awesome again and service was good until right near the end when the staff got a bit more difficult Only difficult thing is SO NOISYSpecial Features:
- Brunch with my pup!Happy2commentVIPDined on 5/3/2014Their patio (yes, they have one) is very dog friendly - tons of very well behaved dogs on Sat. Great brunch with some interesting, well done choices. We've been there for dinner and lunch many times but this was a first on a weekend. Do make a reservation!Special Features:
- Average food, great serviceLove2dineVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was average. The service was great. The ambiance on the patio is great. It is dark inside. Great for PB.Special Features:
- A good timeJean24VIPDined on 4/26/2014The vibe at The Patio was great, as well as the food. The extra star is missing only because I made reservations for 830pm and we didnt actually get seated until about 9pm and although the food came out fast, our waiter seemed a little overwhelmed with all the tables he had to assist. He was really nice though and made the best out of the situation, I just think that some of our food was sitting around waiting to be brought to our table because it was luke warm. Overall tho, I would definitely recommend The Patio. Great drinks!Special Features:
- The PatioOliviaDined on 4/25/2014We had outstanding service and food as usual. The server was very attentive. A friend who was there for the first time was shocked at "what a cool spot" it was and said he was not expecting that in PB. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Unsatisfactory foodsdmargoVIPDined on 4/25/2014Both of us were unsatisfied with our lunches. My Fish & Chips were more batter than fish and my friend's Salad was missing some ingredients and not tossed thus difficult to eat We also were not crazy about the dog at the next table even tho we weren't on the patio.
- Awesome Going Away Party SpotnindrewDined on 4/24/2014This was for a friends going-away dinner. They have an awesome and tasty selections of beer, wine and cocktails. The food was amazing. We ordered a ton of dishes to share. It was awesome as a surprise they sent out a glass of champagne for the table so we all could toast to our friend! Thanks again, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Patio GREAT anytimeiheartpasta1VIPDined on 4/24/2014The food and staff are always great! This time, because I made my reservation on open table, and I was a repeat guest, they brought a complementary dessert! The brand new general manager stopped by the table to see how everything was. Just a really good vibe at this restaurant. Can't say as I care for all the large dogs however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word...Outstanding!BrendaPJDined on 4/23/2014It's rare that I find a restaurant to be an overall 11 out of 10 but I think we have. The service was attentive without hovering, the food was wonderful& I really enjoyed the clever, somewhat eclectic decor. I had the duck, which was tender, moist and flavorful. My husband had the rigitoni w/chicken sausage & pine nuts. The bread with marscopone butter is pure evil. And the key lime pie in a glass was a nice little treat at the end of the meal. We will be back again & can't wait for the mission hills location to openSpecial Features:
- Great lunch!larryDined on 4/23/2014Second time back. Great food. Excellent service. Our favorite table is by the bar facing the patio. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet Friendly and greatSylviaVIPDined on 4/20/2014I love The Patio! I hope they open a location in San Marcos. Hint-hint!Special Features:
- Amazing!FabulousVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food, atmosphere and staff were amazing.....could not have asked for a more delicious evening.Special Features:
- Just the right vibeGiniDined on 4/19/2014Great small cozy neighborhood restaurant! Fun eclectic menu... Great service and fun vibe! Easily now one of my regulars hot spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of or forgotJuuuice8Dined on 4/17/2014Ordered a bottle of wine out of their extensive Collection. Out of it. Asked to have chicken added to my meal. The kitchen didnt Do it. The hostess, waterguy, girl bringing The food, and waiter were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unclepaul2VIPDined on 4/17/2014Great food. Great service. The most dog friendly restaurant in San Diego.Special Features:
- Great little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2014This dog friendly place had amazing drinks and the food was great. Such a beautiful patio to hang at with it's fireplace and lush garden wall. We will be going there again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time goerrussianjewDined on 4/12/2014food and service are very good, however, would not go there again on Saturday night - way too noisy. it would be perfect place for casual dinner on a weekday, or coasy lunch.Special Features:
- Not your typical PB restaurantRubperezVIPDined on 4/11/2014This was our first time at The Patio. The restaurant decor was cozy and inviting. I'm a big fan of pork osso bucco, the pork shank entree was one of my best ever. My wife had the halibut cheeks special. It was good but a small portion. Our waiter was very efficient, even though he was covering the entire section. The wine list is limited by the glass and bottle. Overall it was a great evening.Special Features:
- Super cool spot!RisottoFreakVIPDined on 4/8/2014Food was delicious. Waiter took great care of us after our food was slightly delayed, we didn't even have to ask! He brought us a free appetizer and it was super scrumptious. The ambiance is top notch. Very chill and relaxed with a beachy vibe and high end furniture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendCQuinnDined on 4/8/2014The Patio on Lamont Street is one of the best restaurants in San Diego! I've been here several times and always enjoy the food. I've found it great to dine with friends or for business. This past time I ordered a flatbread and my friend had a salad. It looked like we licked our plates. Their wine list is unique with wines you won't find other places and pair well with food. Always a safe bet to eat at The Patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotSeanDined on 4/7/2014Definitely love coming to the Patio. Our waiter was very knowledgable on the menu and gave us great reccommendations. Had a very romantic dinner under the stars.Special Features:
- Toooooo noisy, but otherwise greatBigRVIPDined on 4/6/2014We went for Sunday brunch. Most customers were Exuberant Millennials - i.e. very noisy, everyone jostling for to out-do each other at their tables, so an actual conversation at our table next to impossible. Service was great, receptionist tried to find quieter table, but really, there aren't any, and the walls/ceilings are designed to bounce every sound off of them. The food was very good. Sincerely, Non-Millennial FogeySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownCrashDavisDined on 4/5/2014We had an exceptional meal at the Patio. We had not been here since it was the Lamont Street Grill. The ambiance is totally different now - trendy, upscale, with a great tapas menu. The food was outstanding, including stellar crab and ahi appetizer and a braised pork shank with asiago risotto underneath. Best new spot in PB.Special Features:
- Sit outside, if possible.danalouDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I had a lovely dinner last friday night at The Patio. Thoroughly enjoyed the food, service, ambience and wine. The only negative to our night was that we were seated inside the restaurant/home in a small room with crowded and loud people sitting at them. There was quite a din of noise that was overwhelming at times. I would definitely come back, but request a different seating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014Loved the variety of food as well as portion options! Service is wonderful at bar and in restaurant. Good for small grlups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, drinks, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2014Another very enjoyable dining experience. Diverse selection of food and drinks, all of which were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodmarkVIPDined on 4/3/2014As usual the meal was fabulous at The Patio. The duck was scrumptious and the fish special was out of this world. The wait staff is well versed in the menu and give good suggetions. If you like dining outdoors, their terrace is well heated but the seating is at small tables for two. The restuarant is noisy, mostly because it is always busy so make sure to make reservationss or you will have to wait to get in. The rumor is that a sister restaurant is opening close to Hillcrest soon which is great news for San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood DiningMinouVIPDined on 4/2/2014I love this spot - food is great and the atmosphere is energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITMadiDined on 3/30/2014I never got the chance to eat at this location when it was Lamont Street Grill, but when they put in the Patio, just the appearance was enough to draw me in. Such a fun and comfortable restaurant, and the ambiance was awesome. We showed up for happy hour (such a good deal) and tried the sausage appetizer, and the steak flatbread, both of which were so tasty. They started live music on the patio with a young woman playing the keyboard, and it was beautiful. For dinner, between the four of us, we had the caesar salad, the ahi poke tacos, the endive salad, and the kobe burger, and everything was absolutely delicious. We even got complimentary desserts because we were celebrating birthdays :) Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014This little gem is like dining in the forest. Wonderful selection of cheeses & salads. Dog friendly. Great place to bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet FriendlySNBooksDined on 3/26/2014I loved the atmosphere. The food was great. My friend and I shared the bread and brussels sprouts. I am not a huge fan of blue cheese, but it added just the right amount of taste to the dish. When they said the bread takes 10 minutes, I was curious. Yep, the bread is fresh out of the oven in a little dish. 4 perfect little rolls with honey butter on the side. I ordered the Ribeye cap steak and my friend got the Ahi Poke tacos. We both had a great meal. The other great thing about this place is that it is dog friendly. My friend brought her cavalier king charles spaniel. They had a wonderful treat for Louie. Something with bacon, beef, and peanut butter. They also brought him a bowl of water. Will be eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.