The Patio on Lamont
4445 Lamont Street
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Patio on Lamont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thepatioonlamont.com/
- Phone: 8584124648x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Late Night Menu:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Medall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday 6pm to 9pm
Pianist Sheila Steverson playing holiday jingles and requests
Every Sunday night in December
- Special Events: Industry Mondays - All day happy hour for industry
No Corkage Tuesday and Live Music - No Corkage Fee
Acoustic Sundays - Live Music 6pm to 9pm
Happy Hour - 3pm to 6pm everyday
Christmas Eve - All day happy hour
A word from The Patio on Lamont
Relax. Enjoy. Share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Patio on Lamont - Best Restaurants in Pacific Beach ›
The Patio on Lamont reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (136)neighborhood gem (130)fit for foodies (97)great for brunch (67)great for lunch (64)hot spot (51)romantic (46)good for groups (45)special occasion (45)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- great food, not great serviceHungryinsdDined on 7/19/2014The food was great; however, the service by Chuck was not great. The manager that I spoke with wanted me to give him tips on how to coach our server...um, no. It's unfortunate because we'd love to love this restaurant, but won't be back nor recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Charming hideaway!Marla17Dined on 7/19/2014We went for brunch, 4 family members and it was a hit. My daughter finished her plate, something I don't see that often. Everyone loved the food and the service was spot on and charming. Loved the living wall and the eclectic decor. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentablefanVIPDined on 7/18/2014Big problem is the amount of flies everywhere, landing on food, glass rims etc., Maybe due to extreme dog friendliness but enough deterrent that we won't go backSpecial Features:
- Unique MenuBigBevDined on 7/16/2014The food choices are unique, the quantity of the servings is reasonable and the quality of the food is excellent.
- EnjoyableLagosgirlVIPDined on 7/15/2014The Patio is definitely a PB gem. It has a great atmosphere, drink menu and interesting menu. This is my third time there and I will go back again. On the night we went they had a guitarist/singer who wasn't great. I love to sit on the covered patio. The ceviche special was awesome and so was the pork shank. I've enjoyed everything I've ever had there.Special Features:
- Relaxing, fun, and deliciousJennDined on 7/6/2014I'm a huge fan of the Patio Mule & Chilaquiles. Others in my group enjoyed the bloody marys, sandwiches and benedicts. The menu is diverse, fresh, and unique. Easy to find something for everyone & it's dog friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Patio on LamontdoggonewalkinDined on 7/5/2014I've eaten here twice now. The service and good were excellent on each occasion. Will definitely be returning sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceBrunchTrioDined on 7/3/2014Friendly staff, great food, neat building. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 visits, service always slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014This was our 3rd visit to The Patio. First time was a miserable experience with slow service and wrong food delivered. 2nd visit for brunch where the good was great and atmosphere nice but again service was very slow. Finally the manager have us a gift card as an apology and asked us to try them again so we did for dinner again. It was a busy Thurs night and our server was tasked with covering two large groups by himself so we were definitely an afterthought. Drinks were very slow and our main course took forever. The food was great but again the service was slow. If you have a lot of time and are ok with long waits between courses then it's worth a visit because the food is good.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014The Patio never disappoints! They were even accommodating when we needed to add an extra person to the reservation when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Great Service!TexyDinerinLADined on 6/28/2014This spot was a wonderful find! Excellent service... The wait staff was all very friendly and helpful, and the food came out FAST, maybe 15-20 minutes after we ordered. There were so many great menu options... And the pork belly Benedict was unbelievably tasty! Last, but not least, this place is very dog friendly... My fur-babies love it! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!Traveler3Dined on 6/27/2014Food was great! Must try the Venissimo cheese was AMAZING. Love the ambience of the place. Almost has a tropical feel to it with breeze coming from the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!pbfoodieDined on 6/22/2014From the waitstaff to the entrees this place is amazing. Some of the best food I've had in a long time. I highly recommend the pan seared duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The PatioLolaVickiDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I come here frequently and we are never disappointed! The food and service are great! We love the outside patio (sitting inside is too cramped and loud). We always order the special of the day appetizers and they are always good! It's a great neighborhood place to meet friends or just enjoy the beautiful SD weather with your loved one!Special Features:
- small plates big flavorSammmomDined on 6/19/2014We love going in a group and ordering lots of small plates to taste. Always good. Love dog friendly bar area great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJJdineDined on 6/18/2014We had the pork shank and my wife had the duck breast, both are recommended..Special Features:
- First time let downhungryhippoDined on 6/17/2014I came for a birthday and having never been there wanted to sit outside. I called earlier to talk to someone about the reservation and seating arrangements and no one ever called me back. When we go there we were seated inside but made a request with the owner that we would like to be outside. He said he would come over when something opened up and accommodate that. Our waiter was very arrogant and short with our table while he was giving friendly service to the table next to us. The outside table opened up and the owner never came to talk to us. The waiter forgot my moms order and never brought us silverware. The birthday boy got up and grabbed us our own silverware. Definitely a disappointing experience.
- Perfect PB Fit, Huge Hit!PasadenaDiDined on 6/17/2014Great replacement for the Lamont Street Grill, which closed after what seemed a gradual decline in quality. The Patio has three seating options -- indoors (a bit crowded, but pleasant), patio (pets welcome) and back-of-the-patio (opens onto the patio, but covered). I've tried all three (two lunches, one dinner) and enjoyed a slightly different ambiance in each. The food was excellent, all three times; however, the wine list was surprisingly limited. The service is exceedingly friendly and attentive, if sometimes a bit muddled, and the valet parking is reasonably priced and a huge help. Be sure to make a reservation -- The Patio is a big PB hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pup AND People Friedly :)adrenth11Dined on 6/15/2014We found THE PATIO through a website that recommended it because it was dog-friendly. My husband and I were in town celebrating our anniversary and we had originally planned to leave our dog at the hotel and find a restaurant to enjoy together. However, our little pup didn't like the idea of staying alone, so he forced us to choose a dog-friendly restaurant...and we are SO GLAD! Each hostess and waiter was extremely welcoming to us, even greeting our pup with a treat and bowl of water. The ambiance was spectacular, with succulents and tropical plants surrounding us amidst the tealightsl candles and stringed lights. The food was simply delicious. We will be coming back next time we visit, whether we have our pup with us or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Great place to go for brunch. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- PatioNomnomDined on 6/15/2014I love coming to the patio for the different kinds of food. The medium plates are great for sharing, especially the cheese plate! Great service every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Favoriteskg2662Dined on 6/15/2014One of my favorite restaurants - great for a lot of occasions. Food has never let me down - always so good and tasty. 5 stars!Special Features:
- Love the PatiodogloverDined on 6/15/2014Great outdoor dining with your Dogs. Service was good, friendly. It was a busy morning but we had a break Fathers Day Brunch with our friends and our kids (dogs)Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSocalgirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had a great experience here on Saturday night. Mike took care of us at the bar and was very attentive and helpful. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- brunching1srfnsomDined on 6/14/2014had brunch made reservation parking tough, recommend valet; cheap and easy hostess had us wait a few minutes, then tried to slam us into a tiny table up against the wall with another table so close the chair could not be pulled out noticed a great table open that just needed to be cleaned and asked for it... she wasn't happy, stalled, but eventually relented. server upbeat but not smarmy in his kilt. good attitude, stayed on us pretty well on a busy saturday. craft drinks good, beers decent. eclectic menu; nice selections and good flavors. all in all a decent little "neighborhood" spot for the PB college/surf/hipster crowd with a smattering of family to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids on Fri night? Buzz Kill!MaybeDined on 6/13/2014Great food and nice eclectic atmosphere - very nice layout, open, etc. The problem was more of a costumer etiquette issue where a large table of middle agers brought several very young children to dine at a late hour on Friday night - like the got there at 8:30 pm, and got their food around 9:30 and were still there when we went down to the bar at 10. I know a restaurant should not refuse service to parties with young children, but I rarely see that at places such as this, and I wonder if the Patio should maybe discourage or go 21+ after like 9 pm. I was out on a date with my wife and her girl friend for her girl friend's birthday, and the last thing we needed was a bunch of young kids right next to our table. Super buzz kill!Special Features:
- Great serviceSuperbDined on 6/13/2014Great service, good food. but so loud it's hard to carry on a conversation even in the enclosed room off the central patio. In the patio area it's impossible to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedFlemingsloverVIPDined on 6/10/2014Went on June 10, 2014. We wanted to go to The Patio for awhile because of all the great things we heard about it. Cute place with several compartmental areas. There was a guitar player serenading with pop songs. We ordered a 3 small plates: crab & tuna tower which was excellent, the steak caps were very good; Endive salad with mustard vinegarette was very good (except only 3 tiny pieces of goat cheese). We also ordered the Shrimp on grits-great tasting. Would have given 5 starts but our server never came back once to check on us.Special Features:
- Try the Squash...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014Yum! Flatbreads (Chicken, Beef and Blue, Veggie) are outstanding as well as the Beet Bruschetta; however my favorite is the Squash. Full of flavor and wonderfully prepared. All of this served in a garden of Eden with a nice glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- layed back neighborhood eaterycindiesueVIPDined on 6/8/2014we enjoyed our dinner, sharing with our furry friend, however, the waiter was lost for 30 minutes after our drinks, and the food took longer than expected. But the food was good when it arrived. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet Friendly :-)mel2010sdDined on 6/8/2014The Patio has a very nice atmosphere inside and on the patio. The food and selection are good an the service is even better! They welcome dogs and we will go back again.Special Features:
- First timers4GirlsNiteOutDined on 6/7/2014We visited The Patio for our monthly girls night out. We try to go to new places each time. I saw this place online and it looked perfect. We sat inside. I would recommend requesting the patio area however. The ambiance outside seemed better. The items we selected from the menu were all satisfactory. The Spanish coffee and coconut flan were delicious for dessert. The only poor part of the experience which sadly is one of the most important was the waiter. He was disengaged. He was gone for long periods of time and we had to flag him down when he would leave a nearby table. When asked questions about the menu, he really had no opinion. Cocktails, "they're all good". Well what about this one? "Not sure, haven't tried it".Special Features:
- Too Frenetic to be Called CozyLuv2DineVIPDined on 6/7/2014The evening at the Patio was very crowded which made the noise level a bit too "crazy" for my liking. I couldn't hear who I was sitting with across the table. Some folks don't mind this, I do. The food was just okay; it was a set of other factors that wouldn't attract me to return. The room between the tables are so tight, I witnessed two waiters bump into each other and an alcoholic drink was bumped off the waiter's tray and on to a patron's shirt and into his eyes and eyeglasses. This was pretty awful to witness and how the staff handled the incident was even worse. The patio wasn't my cup of tea.Special Features:
- Best Value Ribeyeiheartpasta1VIPDined on 6/5/2014This is the 2nd time my husband and I have split the Bone-In Ribeye. YUMMM. Plenty for two people for sure. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewmimiDined on 6/2/2014I would not go here for dinner again. The service was super slow and the food came out cold and uncooked. The flatbread pizza was cold and the rizzoto still had uncooked grains of rice in it. I "assume" this place is know for brunches not dinner.Special Features:
- did not like itNineadayVIPDined on 6/1/2014Very nice ambience. Food is so so. Limited food variety
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The staff was very friendly and very informative when helping us choose what to eat. Food was very very good; smoked pork belly burrito was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014We had a great experience at The Patio - great food, service and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- SuperbbillVIPDined on 5/31/2014I had been to the Patio before but my dinner Saturday night was exceptional. The food and service was superb. The Patio has become one of San Diego's finest restaurants. I look forward to their new one in Mission Hills.Special Features:
- Excellent anniversary dinner!Linda1Dined on 5/26/2014Our first table in the bar area was extremely noisy, but once moved to the front area there was a whole new ambiance. Our server was very accomodating and the food excellent. The duck I had was outstanding as was the special sword fish which my husband thoroughly enjoyed. I like that smaller deserts can be ordered as an option so that we both didn't have to agree on one overly large desert to share. That's sometimes hard to do, even after 18 years of marriage.Special Features: