7402 Germantown Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19119Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinaavenida.com/
- Phone: 2673856857x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Edgar Alvarez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available, please inquire with the restaurant directly.
A word from Cantina Avenida
Cantina Avenida has the best margaritas in town! We have amazing Latin street fare and small plates for everyone. Check out our Crab Nachos and Crispy Fried Calamari with tomato habanero sauce. Cantina Avenida's Mole fries with vegetarian chorizo, Chihuahua cheese and pasilla mole sauce are simply amazing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cantina Avenida - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Cantina Avenida reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (19)kid-friendly (18)good for groups (16)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)special occasion (6)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Welcomed by a friendly staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012Welcomed by a friendly staff, immediately seated and served a delicious meal, which is everything I look for in a restaurant.Special Features:
- We were there on a very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2012We were there on a very busy Saturday eve and it took forever to get our entrees. However, the staff was very accommodating and comped our drinks and apps! They were very apologetic and I think that the kitchen just got swmaped with a couple of parties all ordering at the the same time! The food was good and we would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great find in the Mt Airy/ChestnutOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/9/2012Great find in the Mt Airy/Chestnut Hill area- I really enjoyed the food and the margaritas and would definitely return, though it was a little pricey but overall reasonable for the quality.Special Features:
- The food has always been veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2012The food has always been very good every time we have eaten at this restaurant. Sitting outdoors is quiet, indoors can be noisy. The wait staff is always very friendly & accommodating. Service is always good.Special Features:
- Found Avenida to be a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012Found Avenida to be a good fit for a business meeting where even though their were other patrons I was still able to talk confidentially with my client
- It was quiet because we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/2/2012It was quiet because we were outside. Inside was very noisy,Special Features:
- Old creeky house turned restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/26/2012Old creeky house turned restaurant. Has so much character and charm. Once you enter, you're greeted warmly by staff and the great service continues through the night. Food is DELICIOUS. Dessert is divine. Cocktails ... you just need to keep them coming, especially with the micheladas and margaritas! And don't forget your after dinner ron zacapa. Great for smaller groups or larger groups. Back patio has a homey back patio feel :)Special Features:
- I absolutely love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2012I absolutely love the food and the service at Avenida!Special Features:
- Food was wonderful. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/20/2012Food was wonderful. Friendly wait staff. Great atmosphere. Love the place and will be back!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012We went to Avenida for brunch and the overall experience was great! When we arrived we were seated promptly, our waiter took a little bit to get to our table, but she was very nice and energetic. The food was excellent, everything was fresh.Special Features:
- This was our fifth time thereBobTDined on 5/13/2012This was our fifth time there and as always, the service was friendly and the food was a treat to the palate.Special Features:
- Stressful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012My husband and I have never been so dissatisfied! The margaritas are served in small cups but they still charge $9 for them. We made a reservation and were willing to wait for an outside table but no one could accomodate us. We had 2-3 servers throughout the night. Our appetizer consisted of one softshell crab and we were told it would be big enough for 2 to share?! Our food was delayed coming out so we were brought 7 tortilla chips- yes 7. My meal was supposed to be served w warm tortillas but I was almost finished before they were xmserved. We asked for our check mid- dinner. Terrible.
- Great place to celebrate,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012Great place to celebrate, did get a bit too noisy to hear conversation
- Nice change of pace if youOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2012Nice change of pace if you like Latino inspired food. Moderately priced. Went with a group of 12 for an office celebration. The size of our group overwhelmed the waitress and kitchen a bit so service was slow. Overall everyone enjoyed their meals well enough. Hope this place makes it - the area needs more choices.Special Features:
- Good place for Cinco de MayoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2012We had a great meal on Cinco de Mayo - there were a lot of specials, including delicious margaritas! The hostess was very helpful and friendly. Our service was extremely slow (our appetizers arrives before our drinks). Our food was very good overall (especially the grilled octopus appetizer). I was not thrilled with the very watery black bean soup.Special Features:
- On time for our reservationsPHILLY4VIPDined on 5/5/2012On time for our reservations 7;30, waiting to 7:55, I got up to ask the bartender for drinks. They were served promptly & were very good. Then we finally ordered and again for some reason one cooked appetizer came out 30 min later and were told the kitchen was backed up. We were fine with that. Then we noticed that 3 other tables that came in AFTER us got the food shortly after they sat down. Were confused because preparing a beet salad and guacamole/chips do not seem to be cooked and again the other tables were eating the same food? Finally my friend said something and we got our food a bit later.We thought that the restaurant would at least take off 1 simple appetizer such as the guac/chips but NO! Honestly the was food good, service bad.
- Food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2012Food was very good. The noise level was too high. The tables are close and the noise travels. it was impossible to talk at the table.Special Features:
- Chilean sea bass very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/28/2012Chilean sea bass very good. Appetizers fried oysters and grilled octopus very good. Good margaritas. Good price for entrees. Appetizers a little over Priced.
- The food was all preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2012The food was all prepared perfectly and we enjoyed everything that we ordered. Good daily specials that are reasonably priced. We will definitely be heading back here.
- With a per person cost thatCgoeringVIPDined on 4/26/2012With a per person cost that equals some very nice establishments in center city, we expected more- more flavor as well as more attentive and refined service. Though the food was cooked well, it could have been from any average American restaurant, lacking even the slightest hint of Latin flavors, which is what we expected from a "Latin" restaurant. Though the hostess and staff was friendly, the waitress was painfully slow, inattentive and unprofessional. We won't be back.