The Carversville Inn
6205 Fleecydale Rd
Carversville, PA 18913Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Carversville Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carversvilleinn.com/Carversville_Inn.html
- Phone: 2152970900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Will Mathias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties up to 25-30 in one of our dining rooms. Sundays and Monday through Thursday nights. Luncheon parties of the same size Tuesday through Sunday.
- Private Party Contact: Will Mathias 2152970900
A word from The Carversville Inn
Welcome to The Carversville Inn! You have to get lost to find us, but once you do you won't want to leave! Chef/Owner Will Mathias and his wife Denie take pride in welcoming you to their warm, inviting restaurant in the heart of Bucks County. The menus reveal the chef's Southern roots, classical training, and familiarity with the diversity and variety of American regional cuisine. The offerings encompass a broad spectrum of choices, including classical French, Spanish, Southern, and Asian cuisines, with options to please all palates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Carversville Inn - Best Restaurants in Carversville ›
The Carversville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (44)romantic (43)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (40)great for lunch (19)scenic view (19)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Romantic Bucks Countywa3ziuDined on 6/1/2014Very consistent excellence with v. good NY type service. Not a bunch of college kids on their cell phones like the expensive, dissapointing Main Line restaurants. Great ambiance. Best lamb chops outside of Manhattan. Chicken "ala chef's wimsy" has been a favorite here for years. No wait for SundaY dinner at 5:30. V. charming bar and service. Nothing in the Main Line or Center City Phila. comes close for food, service and ambiance.Worth the price. Can't remember my last bad meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelydeservingmomDined on 5/31/2014Our experience at The Carversville Inn was Lovely. We were fortunate enough to have a gift certificate. I would certainly recommend it to someone for a special occasion. It is a high end restaurant with a very relaxed atmosphere. I'm glad we had the chance to try it out.Special Features:
- xoxoVIPDined on 5/31/2014summer has arrived and so has the gazpacho! OMG! OMG! now I have to replace my endive salad (boo hoo) with the FABULOUS gazpacho! the food will bring you back again and again however the gazpacho will bring you back even more often!Special Features:
- Enjoyable MealGomeDined on 5/24/2014Had a very enjoyable meal here. We had the little neck clams as an app. Cooked in a spicy white wine broth, delish. The smoked pork with a hint of chili with currant sauce was a nice combination. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 208 reviews are from the The Carversville Inn reviews archive.
- Charming and deliciousLuv2eatDined on 5/17/2014Everything we ordered was phenomenal - from the country terrine to the salted carel ice cream. What a toe curling dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xoxoVIPDined on 5/17/2014the MOST consistent food of any restaurant in bucks county and beyond I have never had anything less than a perfect meal! thx carversville innSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buffyDined on 5/15/2014Food was hot & everything was excellent, service was great & everybody paid very close attention to you needs. Thanks! "will come again"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayBobbiVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great place for Mothers Day brunch! The food was excellent but the service could have been a little friendlier. May have been overwhelmed by the Mothers day volume.Special Features:
- Innovative AgainInnovativeDined on 5/11/2014Food is really terrific as is the Service and at least as good as our first time a month ago. It was Mother's day and we arrive only to find a maze of cars, and the walk from our parking spot was a few minutes further. I was sure they had over booked, but just as I was certain when I made the reservation, they had not. That is it was "business as Usual" and our table was ready even though we arrived a few minutes early. Nor was anybody waiting around to be served or seated. My wife ask our server to recommend between the scrambled eggs or omelet. She recommended the scrambled eggs and they were a work of art. Who would have thought something special could be done with scrambled eggs but that what they did. I could go on, too, but I won't.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchCvivaDined on 5/11/2014Took mom to the Carversville Inn because it was a place always wanted to go. She enjoyed herself. It was tough to find with the main road from river rd closed, but we eventually found it. It was a lovely daySpecial Features:
- Saturday nightlarryDined on 5/10/2014Inspite of being one of the busiest nights a good restaurant could have, Saturday before Mother's day, it was an enjoyable experience. Good traditional menu choices in a quaint Bucks county setting with competent service.Special Features:
- Worth traveling forfourDined on 5/10/2014Sensational menu - especially with specials. Excellent rack of lamb and filet mignon. Courteous knowledgeable wait staff. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Birthday Worthy!IMOTASDined on 5/9/2014We celebrated my birthday last Friday with a lovely family dinner at the Inn. Great location, excellent food. Service was a bit slow in the beginning but got better. Everyone's meal was fantastic. I had the roasted duck and my husband had the daily pasta special. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of bucks county's BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014This is a delightful place. If you can get a seat, have a drink at the bar first. The "locals" are very welcoming, and so is Lydia, the bartender. Food is quite good & there are always interesting specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic localeFoodiefoolDined on 5/7/2014The Carversville Inn has never really disappointed. You will never get a bad meal there. They have a small bar that you can get an after dinner drink too...Special Features:
- As always, fantastic!merlinsmommyDined on 4/24/2014The Carversville Inn is my favorite restaurant. The food is always fantastic. The atmosphere is like no other, old world and country charm. I have never been disappointed when we dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FoodInnovativeDined on 4/20/2014My major measure of a restaurant is how fast the used tables are cleaned. Even though we were among the very last seated for Easter Lunch, the tables were quickly cleared and fully reset, white table cloths, flowers (real), full place settings and all. As usual, my measure was right because the food measured up as well. Just one example. The escargot were unique with a tastful butter mustard sauce in a standard multiple hole ceramic dish with each snail individually capped with a puffed pastry shell. The wines by the glass were really excellent. We are going to work through their entire menu. I think they don't rely on salt for flavoring either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say, this is mydoxieloverVIPDined on 4/12/2014What can I say, this is my favorite restaurant....I always enjoy my meal here. I always get the escargot...they are excellent, and usually, the quiche, which is the best I've ever had at a restaurant. A lot of places serve a terrible quiche so I refrain from ordering it. This Saturday the pastrami sandwich was calling my name......Great choice, really enjoyed it. Never had a bad meal at Carversville. Service is always pleasant and professional.......Looking forward to some meals out on the patio this summer......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchwineanddineVIPDined on 4/6/2014It was a great meal on a nice spring day. The rustic charm of the inn with the high quality of the food never fails to please me.Special Features:
- A REAL GEMFoodieDined on 4/5/2014If you like excellent food, great service, country ambiance and a neighborhood gathering spot, look no further. The Carversville Inn is all of the above and then some. DO NOT MISS IT! If you do, shame on you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chef outdid himself!!!xoxoVIPDined on 4/4/2014have been away from my FAVORITE FAVORITE restaurant for several weeks due to husband's sudden illness and hospital stay he waited a loooong time to be able to get back to CI for his favorite rack of lamb! I could not wait to have my favorite... the best duck in bucks county!!! yummy deeelicious meal! the endive salad was better than ever!! now that he's back on track we hope to get there often as before! can't wait til chef makes his gazpacho soup! OMG!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere.MaverickDined on 3/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. You need GPS unless you know the area. Highly recommend. I will return.Special Features:
- Quaint and good foodjppaloozaVIPDined on 3/22/2014We've been here before. Love the food. Waitress is always very nice. Love that they take reservations through Opentable. They actually have a bar so no need for BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu was great and weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014The menu was great and we throughly enjoyed our visit.Special Features:
- We've eaten at the CI manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2014We've eaten at the CI many times in the past but never before during restaurant week. The overall experience was not up to their usual very good rating. We'll continue to visit but not during restaurant week.
- Restaurant week reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/20146 of us went to the Carversville Inn during "restaurant week" when a prix-fixe dinner is offered. In my experience not the best time go to a restaurant but our evening at the Carversville Inn was different. The menu was very good with even a few specials offered. The service was excellent and we were not rushed at all. It was a very nice evening and a good atmosphere to get together, and get caught up with 5 old friends.Special Features:
- First time was a pleasureWine4twoDined on 3/16/2014We went as part of New Hope restaurant week, it was a good reason to get to a place we had often thought about going to but hadn't. We are now looking forward to going back. Menu is interesting. Service was great. Overall, very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic inn with ambienceLaurelDined on 3/15/2014We've been to the Carversville Inn a great many times. It's situated in the tiny town of Carversville, PA, just across the street from the General Store. The waitstaff is solicitous and the food is good. The kitchen is accommodating to special requirements. Other diners are considerate, so the noise level is reasonable. We have never had an issue here. There is a lovely working fireplace in the winter.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJimBDined on 3/11/2014We had been there before but it had been a long time between innings. My wife loved the Cielo Pinot Grigio from Italy and I was happy with a Lager. We shared a Caesar Salad .... one of the best I've ever had. She had the Panko crusted Scottish salmon with a lemon buerre blanc and I had the Grilled Black Angus filet mignon with roasted red pepper-horseradish whipped cream. Both meals were done to perfection, we both raved about them on the way home. Desert was another story ..... something like an apple cobbler served warm with scopes of homemade vanilla ice cream on top ..... delicious. The service was excellent. We had a great time and will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Night with FriendsSeaCinDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I had stopped at Carversville on a whim last year and loved the food. We were planning a special night out with friends and immediately thought of the Carversville Inn. The stuffed duck was a hit as well as the "Chef's Whim" chicken, which turned out to be marinated chicken breast with chutney, topped with brie. The flourless chocolate cake with pecan crust was a hit with a friend who wanted gluten free options. Overall, a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Wonderful menu, slow serviceDiningoutDined on 3/1/2014This was our third time at the restaurant (always on a weekend). The menu offers a wide selection with additional specials recited by the server. The dining room is loud and needs acoustic treatments (hard surfaces, low ceiling and the tables are close together); conversation at a normal level is difficult at a table for four. The consistently slow service would seem to imply that the kitchen is too small. In the end, those are minor issues - the food is very good and worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tale Of Two DinnersChipDined on 2/27/2014I had the Country Pate appetizer and the seafood stew entree, both were really delicious. My wife had the Chef's Whim Chicken and she shocked me when she characterized it as "the most disappointing entree" she'd been served in a restaurant in years (3.5 on a scale of 1 -10). Ouch. The evening wasn't a total loss for her as she greatly enjoyed her vanilla-orange creme brulee dessert. The restaurant was basically empty all evening long so I don't get why we were not offered a table in the room with the large fireplace. As we were leaving a couple was seated at the primo table in front of the fireplace...maybe you have to specifically reserve that way or know someone? The total bill was $115 with tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carversville InnkaylaartistDined on 2/23/2014Hadn't been here in a while, but decided to try again and the food was excellent, as was the wait staff. That is definitely an improvement, since when we went years ago, the older waitress that was there could be rude. But not now. The wait staff could not have been better, and not overly solicitous. And the food was perfect, done as requested. And the setting is the beautiful county of Bucks in Pa. The bulding is old with uneven floors which can be seen through! The fireplace is nice despite being gas (I guess they can't use real firewood for some safety reason). All in all a real treat!Special Features:
- The food was excellent andwillDined on 2/22/2014The food was excellent and the handled our party of eight very efficiently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfatfoodieDined on 2/21/2014Arrived to a nearly empty restaurant a few minutes early for our reservation for 2. Ok, we were told to wait in the bar and they would come and get us. We were then treated to a staff argument with another guest. I guess they appeased them by giving them our reservation, because we then watched the entire restaurant being seated before we were able to ask what happened to our reservation and then seated 40 minutes later at a table that was open when we came in. We waited another 15 minutes before we could get a menu. More than 2 hours after we arrived we finally received our dinner..... Good food, but if you want an enjoyable dining experience, this is not the place.
- SurprisingAce88Dined on 2/16/2014Given its location, in the small town of Carversville, you'd never know this place existed. Food was pretty good overall, and I loved the quiet, historic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectLadyDined on 2/11/2014Food, service, ambience always good. One of our favorite restaurants. Seated inside or out in the good weather we have always enjoyed this place. We would recommend it for guest from out of town or a cozy dinner for 2 any night of the week. We just had dinner here last night for 5 for my father-in-laws birthday. We all were happy with our meal and had a very nice celebration. They are very accommodating with any special request. I would recommend reservation for groups or on weekends they do get very busy. They have a little cozy bar to enjoy drinks before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Consistently Good19490localVIPDined on 2/8/2014We've been going to the Carversville Inn for years. It is always consistently good! I recommend it highly for all occasions!Special Features:
- Delicious FoodSmach66Dined on 2/1/2014The food and the presentation is not your ordinary restaurant experience!! The chef has mastered his cooking skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic old inn with lots of charmLooLoo22Dined on 2/1/2014Last Saturday night I dined at the Carversville Inn with my boyfriend, celebrating his birthday. I'd been there a few times before in years past and food is always marvelous. He had the steak au poive, I had duck. Everything was wonderful - the ceasar salad lived up to my standards which is rare - these days most restaurants don't know how to make a decent ceasar and often the dressing is a gloppy "creamy" ceasar. This was not - it was light and flavorful and perfect. (almost as good as my homemade!) ;-) The creme brulee desert was a knockout - I'd return just for that! Note: I'd say this is not a good place for families with small children, it's a dark romantic atmosphere, and quiet - take the kiddies elsewhere. It's a quiet, classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.