Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
6335 N. 16th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://richardsonsnm.com/
- Phone: 6022655886
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining information is available at our website
- Private Party Contact: Office 6022851780
A word from Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
Specializing in New Mexican Cuisine. Richardson’s concept has been around since 1988. Known for our red and green chile and our outstanding Wood Oven Pizzas. Our menu includes a variety of salads, appetizers, pastas, soup of the day and main entrees. Daily specials are written on our blackboards. And we also offer an extensive wine by the glass and reserve selection. We take reservations for parties of four or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (11)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)romantic (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- service was rushed as if toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013service was rushed as if to get us out as fast as possible. server was rude, food was just ok, nothing to go back for.Special Features:
- The appetizer was great, roastedCDC1Dined on 1/25/2013The appetizer was great, roasted garlic with green chile, cheese, and toasted french bread, but the rest of the food was mediocre and not particularly New Mexican. The sopapillas were particularly disappointing as they were entirley wrong--more like a donut than a sopapilla. The margarita was average and the service was fair though unexceptional and despite a reservation we had to wait 45 minutes, past our reservation time, for a table. Next time I would be more likely to visit old friends in Albuquerque if I had a craving for New Mexican food.
- Still a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013I have been to Richardson's multiple times, and it never disappoints except for the service. It leaves much to be desired. However, I can't penalize the restaurant, since I went there for the food. The crab cakes are to die for, and I always get the grilled shrimp.Special Features:
- My wife and I are regulars.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2013My wife and I are regulars. We took another couple who had not been there before. They loved it and said they would definitely be back.Special Features:
- We brought friends who wereLindaDined on 1/18/2013We brought friends who were visiting Phoenix for the Barrett-Jackson car auction and they were loan away by everything...service, food, ambiance.Special Features:
- The ambience was so much likeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013The ambience was so much like the original Richardson's which we loved before it burned. They have recreated the atmosphere with even more charm and "new mexico south western" flavor, design and decor. The food superb. We loved it and will go back many times.Special Features:
- Love the ambiance of Richardson's.PSSKDined on 1/7/2013Love the ambiance of Richardson's. Also, if you are a fish eater like I am, the fish selections are plentiful and wonderful.Special Features:
- Richardson's us always greatFoodieDined on 1/2/2013Richardson's us always great but I never feel appreciated when I come. The problem with such a popular restaurant is that they could care less if you return since so many people frequent the restaurant. The waiters are not overly friendly and I felt as if I was bothering mine when I asked a few questions about the menu. It is very noisy! I go there far less than I used to. Now I go about once per year. There are so many other great restaurants in Phoenix to and to try. The food is very good, though!!
- the biggest issue was it tookDddbVIPDined on 12/28/2012the biggest issue was it took 50 minutes to get our food once it was ordered, which is just too long to wait.
- Not worth it anymore!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012Bar Service slow an inattentive. After being seated waited 10 minutes for a server to acknowledge we were there. Ordered drinks and appetizer and they showed up at the same time,over 15 minute wait. Drinks should have been served first, appetizers when ever. Appy's were served luke warm. Dinner was unremarkable, other than every thing was either served lukewarm or cold. Waited a long time for entree's to appear. Ordered desert, coffee and sopapilla's, coffee showed up 10 minutes before desert did. No offer to refill coffee cups. We tipped 20% because obviously this wasn't the servers fault but more the management. This is no longer the Richardson's we used to know and love. Good concept, really lousy service.
- Love This Place!SuzyQinAZDined on 12/21/2012Loved the new outside dining! Food was delicious, as always, but hotter this time than usual. Some of the dishes were almost too hot to eat, but they had great flavor! We love this place!Special Features:
- disappointing birthdayAimeeDined on 12/9/2012I had written notes on my reservation that I would like a quiet table for my 85 year old parents who were coming along and I appreciated that that request was honored. I also noted that it was my birthday - I did not expect anything free - but a "happy birthday" from one of the servers would have been nice. The food was really awful and way below expectations - very disappointed - perhaps the chef was off on Sunday night...... A mistake was made on our bill - we were charged for 2 items we did not order and it took way too long for the server to make the correction - apparently she needed management approval - but we sat for at least 15 minutes waiting for them to correct their own mistake - not cool and put a damper on the whole experieSpecial Features:
- I love Richardsons! If youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012I love Richardsons! If you go, you need to start off with the Garlic Platter as an appitizer! Sooooo good!Special Features:
- When we arrived we were advisedrixrevsVIPDined on 12/5/2012When we arrived we were advised that our table was not available and would be in about 10 minutes. We went to the bar, where we were kind of ignored for 10 minutes, it took another 10 for the bartender to get our drink order, I could forgive this if he was busy but the bar was not. We ordered chips and salsa and those were forgotten. Our table came available and we moved to the dining room. Our waitress was attentive and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- I liked it very much....theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012I liked it very much....the only complaint I have is that the waiter did not warn us of the heat level of the tomatillo toast before we ordered it! Thanks :)Special Features:
- My wife and I have been goingArnieGVIPDined on 11/24/2012My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for many years and have enjoyed the food. But they recently changed the preparation of our favorite dish--the smoked turkey enchiladas--to the point where it was so spicy/hot that it was inedible. We brought 3 guests with us for dinner that evening, and of the four different menu choices selected that evening, 3 were judged to be too spicy.
- Wonderful evening. We soSatisfiedDined on 11/15/2012Wonderful evening. We so enjoyed the food. Very noisy though.Special Features:
- The menu is unique with somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012The menu is unique with something for everyone. we had the pork adovado and the tamales then we shared. both were delicious, served hot and well presented. The service was prompt and friendly. the wine was excellent and the sopapillas were wonderful. what a great birthday celebration. I could have done with more light to read the menu and the bill.Special Features:
- This was the first time IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012This was the first time I dined at your new location since the fire. I really love your courtyard patio and so do my friends! The food, drinks and service was excellent, as always. My friends enjoyed it so much we went for an after dinner drink to one of your other locations, Dicks Hideaway! We all enjoyed that, as well. I will definitely be back, again, and again. I just wish it was more often,as I live in Mesa. Thank you for having a great restaurant that has wonderful food, drinks and a friendly, attentive staff!! You have it all! LauraSpecial Features:
- There are only a few placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012There are only a few places in Phoenix to get good Mexican food - this is one of the best!
- Everyone at the table ravedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2012Everyone at the table raved about how great a spot it was for brunch. Something different than just an eggs and bacon diner. The place looked great, quick service, and there was good music in the background that you didn't have to shout over in order to be heard. We will certainly be back again.Special Features:
- New Mexican cusine comes to ArizonaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2012Their New Mexican Cusine was like eating in New Mexico.....with out the airfare. Great food, atmosphere,and service.Special Features:
- phoenix foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012Wonderful and unique restaurant with top-notch food! Try the specials - you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Although the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Although the food was good, we will not return. Why...1-Valet parking required with no option to self park...don't mind paying but do not allow anyone to drive my vehicle 2-Server was down right rude.
- My husband and I had our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012My husband and I had our first date at the original one, We have been fans for over 17 years. We were so glad they rebuilt, and on the site of one of our other old favorite spots, Timothy's. I love that it is exactly the same in EVERY WAY!! Always great food, Great service, and a Great time! My favorite dish is the Chimayo Chicken! Thanks Richardsons.!Special Features:
- It is some of the best foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012It is some of the best food we have ever had!!! Everything was wonderful, scallops, shrimp, tilapia. The steak was little overcooked but still good. We brought some friends and they loved it alsoSpecial Features:
- You can always count on havingGoodeatsDined on 9/8/2012You can always count on having an over-the-top, delicious meal!Special Features:
- It was sooo loud we couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012It was sooo loud we couldn't have a conversation at our own table. The food was ok - we went specifically for the Colorado lamb chops - they were good, but everything was smothered with so much "stuff". I probably should have done a little more homework as it was more of a bar scene than a nice restaurant. The flan was delicious.
- Server barely spoke and gaveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Server barely spoke and gave the appearance that she did not want to be there and hoped not to be asked to do anything. I thought that the food took a long time to be served campared to the other times and the fact that there were not that many people in the place made it seem even longer.
- It was truly great food, fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012It was truly great food, fabulous service, and a definite recommend.Special Features:
- Food was very good. The serverGPfromPhoenixDined on 9/1/2012Food was very good. The server was attentive but very stiff, lacking good niterpersonal skills.
- problems since reopeningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2012Normally my favorite place. Since they reopened, less so. When we first went after reopening the restaurant explained to us that , on the patio, you could order from richardsons or rokerji. This policy has been very inconsistent each time, and the explanations about the change irritating. We have worked around it by ordering takeout from rokerji for my picky son. Another reason to choose the patio is that it is much less noisy. This time we arrived to cooling misters as previously. They then went off. We asked to move inside or have misters go back on. We got a weird excuse, but then they came on again, but only briefly, and we sweated through a delicious dinner.Guess we will have to go without son and endure noise, but less happily.Special Features:
- Still a gem in their new digs!sschwartz3455Dined on 8/11/2012We are from Tucson and always try to go to Richardson's when in or passing through Phoenix. This was our first time at the new, rebuilt Richardson's next to the Rokerji. We walked in and thought we were in the old restaurant that had burnt down - its pretty much a great replica but roomier and with a roomy patio area (maybe not for 110 degrees even with the air blowers out there). Food was simply GREAT as it has always been - same recipes, same great fish specials, carne adovado awesome, etc. I will continue to return again and again to Richardsons - its a gem!Special Features:
- Very AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2012This was our first trip to Richardson's since they moved. It's amazing how similar to the original restaurant this new one is. For the price I was disappointed in the food. We started with the Garlic platter for an appetizer and it was very average. The bacon wrapped shrimp was decent. We shared the enchilada plate and they were nothing to brag about. I was hoping for something spicy - but the enchilada sauces were very not spicy nor were they very flavorful. I asked for a little extra chili sauce to try and spice my food up and they charged me $2 for it - bummer. Atmosphere was very good and Rachel who waited on us was very nice. For the price I do not believe I will be returning for quite some time.Special Features:
- The food was very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2012The food was very good, service was a okay, but not the most attentive, with our waitress almost bothered by our request for more ice for our drinks. The atmosphere was nice, but the lighting was almost ridiculously dark, with two small candles being the only light- barely light enough to see your plate, much less decipher what was what on our plates. I would still recommend this place, as the outside seating looked as if it would have been the perfect experience.Special Features:
- Great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Had a great time celebrating my boyfriend's birthday with a group of friends! Resturant had outstanding ambiance and service! Food was outstanding with great prices! Will definitely recommend and will visit again soon!Special Features:
- Better than everRDFoodieDined on 7/31/2012This is the first time we've able to come to Richardson's since they reopened. I forgot how wonderful it was before. They've recreated the original restaurant fantasticly. I can't wait until it's cooler outsied to enjoy the new outdoor bar & sitting area. Best New Mexican food around. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good southwestern cuisineDebbySDined on 7/28/2012RIchardson's was fun. It was crowded and noisy but the Margaritas were great (served in water tumblers) and food was also quite good. THe chili potatoes were very tasty but so was everything else we tried. I like peppers so loved the food but one at our table did have some trouble with the hot pepper seasoning in most dishes. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you want good Southwest cuisine in a casual setting.Special Features:
- It is a great foodie place,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012It is a great foodie place, not sure what can be done for the noise. The sound grows with the growth of people and coversation is almost imposible for a table of 4 or more to hear each other. I go for the food and plan to try lunch for sound control.Special Features:
- Great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012Delicious food and very nice service. It is a great value!Special Features: