Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
6335 N. 16th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://richardsonsnm.com/
- Phone: 6022655886
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining information is available at our website
- Private Party Contact: Office 6022851780
A word from Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
Specializing in New Mexican Cuisine. Richardson’s concept has been around since 1988. Known for our red and green chile and our outstanding Wood Oven Pizzas. Our menu includes a variety of salads, appetizers, pastas, soup of the day and main entrees. Daily specials are written on our blackboards. And we also offer an extensive wine by the glass and reserve selection. We take reservations for parties of four or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (11)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)romantic (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Top 5 favorite restaurants!GoodeatsDined on 1/15/2014Love to turn on friends to the Richardson experience. It's a gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- Would recommendmmhughesVIPDined on 1/15/2014We went to Richardson's to celebrate a birthday. Food was good, service so so. It was our first time and our server was not very helpful in describing the menu. She rushed us for drinks, apps, dinner and dessert so it was not very relaxing. Lighting is very dim. I enjoyed it but my 74 yr old mother said it was too dark :) Also, even though we are not dessert people, we had a birthday to celebrate - there are only 2 options. Overall our experience was good, but it was not relaxing because of how fast we were served. Dinner took much longer to be served than anything else so we were rushed only to wait then rushed again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJohnAZDined on 1/11/2014We have been going here for years and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingFineDinerVIPDined on 1/6/2014Tried a burger for the first time...sorry I waited so long!Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forlasrjockDined on 1/3/2014This was just thetype of food we were looking for. The waiters recommendations were spot on.Special Features:
- Always TastyPaulaDined on 1/1/2014Richardson's never disappoints. The food is always tasty and if you order the right dishes, carry a little kick that warms the belly. I will likely return again soon to try some of their other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute New Year's celebration.AzDiningDivaDined on 12/31/2013I made last minute reservations at Richardson's for 4 of us for New Year's Eve.I was surprised to get it as this place is usually busy. Good food as usual. Service was pretty slow, but we enjoyed ourselves and I will be back as it is a great neighborhood place and a great place to take first-timers and out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJoyceDined on 12/29/2013If I could give this restaurant more stars I would. The food is amazing. The service is great. Will go back again and again. Plan to try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Christmas CelebrationJulieVIPDined on 12/20/2013We came here for our annual Holiday get-together. We were seated at a table on the patio. It was cold and was nice to have a heater close-by. We loved the food, the atmosphere, and we had great service. All-in-all a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysMichaelDined on 12/8/2013Richardsons is an old time favorite to which I continually return and will keep doing. It is a must stop when i am in that part of town.Special Features:
- Great! (with one exception)ChesterfieldVIPDined on 11/30/2013Our meal was fabulous and our server, Erich, was a real pro. We only wish they would turn up the lights. Richardson's lighting is ultra dim--like going into a cave with a candle. You can't read a menu without a flashlight nor can you see the food on your plate without a flashlight. This is a shame because the presentations of delicious food are beautiful. Passing the restaurant provided flashlight and cell phone lights around the table is how we navigated through the evening. When we asked about the lighting we were told that Mr. Richardson himself insists on the ultra dim lighting. We would respectfully ask him to reconsider and give the customers a better all around dining experience by turning up the lights a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richardsons has it allMsprairieVIPDined on 11/26/2013I can sum it up in three words THE BEST FOOD yummmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to see Richardsons back...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013Happy to see Richardsons back... Felt just like old place. Food excellent.... Good timesSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and atmosphere.travelerDined on 11/2/2013Went there for a Saturday lunch. Waiter did a superb job explaining the dishes on the menu. Very authentic New Mexican fare. A must visit for anyone who enjoys such food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeDined on 10/2/2013Excellent as always, don't miss roasted garlic appetizer and anything with green sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Ordinary ResturantHaydenFerryDined on 9/25/2013Food is unique to Richardson's. a Place to set a good impression. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodGobzafunVIPDined on 9/22/2013Eaten here many times and always a solid performance from the kitchen. They do everything well and have a very diverse menu. I love taking people from out of town here as the food is unique and if they like spicy, this place knows spicy! But not pepper sauce spicy, slow cooked chiles spicy, among the best in town. You can never go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaningRandallDined on 9/21/2013I was a big fan a while back. The food seems a little less authentic than it used to be. I sense the preparation technique has been sacrificed for mass production...still a neat place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerMikeDined on 9/20/2013Richardson's is consistently good - the food, the service and the atmosphere. It is also a good value. It is my go-to place to take out-of-towners who visit the valley. It was the place people took me when I used to visit the valley before moving here.Special Features:
- I would highly recommend theirnukepwrVIPDined on 9/18/2013I would highly recommend their nightly fish specials
- Improve ReceptionDaManDined on 9/1/2013When we arrived we were told there were no tables inside (despite having CONFIRMED our reservation in the afternoon over phone), we were encouraged to sit outside (on a humid summer night) or go to Rokerij (we wanted to go to newly re-built Richardson's!). Turned out there was a table available all along. Obviously, that table was being saved for someone else (why we wondered...was it favoritism or worse?). If she couldn't see that a table was available, your sustem of indicating table-availability needs to be worked on but she did walk over that side to check. Too bad, food was really good and as was our server that night but unable to recommend a restaurant to friends not knowing whether they'll be treated right when they walk in.Special Features:
- Phoenix LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/17/2013I had always heard about Richardson's, and finally got the chance to try it. The hostess, Kate, was warm and welcoming, and took time out of her busy night to tell me some history about the restaurant as it was my first time there. Service was excellent, and they are very accomodating with your preference of heat (good advice: get the chile sauces on the side and see which you prefer). Tasty and interesting combinations; if you've been to New Mexico, you will see some old favorites and some new twists, too. Enormous portions; this is the place to come with friends and share small plates so you can try a bit of everything. Great happy hour deals, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richardson's never disappointskhazVIPDined on 7/29/2013This is my first visit to the rebuilt restaurant, and it was fun to see that the inside is exactly like the old restaurant on Bethany (beautiful copper bar top, etc.). The noise level is not as high (which is a good thing). I love the patio area and look forward to the cooler weather to enjoy it. Service and food was great.Special Features:
- Richardson's Second to NoneGMizDined on 7/28/2013Richardsons is my favorite restaurant in Phoenix. Food always great and service fast and friendly. I have never met anyone who doesn't love the place!Special Features:
- V. Good fancy New MexSouthwestDaveDined on 7/26/2013I love NMMexican and have Eaten a lot in NM & at Los Dos Molinos in AZ. Richardsons took elements of New Mex and upscaled it. Green chile pork rellenos, red chile pork adovado were great and pretty authentic. Enchiladaswere rolled, not stacked with an egg as they should be, so I passed. Shrimp and Mexican sausage appetizers were great. Service was relaxed but no problem. It's expensive (with tip, $200 for four, but that was with 5 beers and 3 margaritas). We didn't have the expensive, specialty entrees or mainly meat dishes, but judging by our food they'd be great. For more "real" NM Mexican food, I'd opt for Los Dos, but Richardsons is a welcome change. Great place for visitors who can handle the spice/heat. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food.AngieDined on 7/12/2013Excellent service and food. What more could you ask for. Took Business clients for lunch and everyone raved about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great serviceJmk86Dined on 5/16/2013I've been going to Richardson's since before the original location burned down. Always a fantastic meal with great service. I never feel rushed... They time courses very well. Love the wait staff. Perfectly attentive without being overbearing. East coasters will especially love this restaurant. In the new Richardson's, I feel like it's ambience isn't the same. Still great but I can't put my finger on it. Still a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs More VarietyOTDevoteeDined on 5/12/2013There are some great standby dishes, but overall the menu lacks depth and true variety. Many of the dishes have same flavor profile, and specials are not so much so. The wait for our meal was bordering on unreasonable at 30+ minutes on a quiet morning.
- Poor service but great food.AZmikeVIPDined on 5/10/2013We must have had a rookie waitress. The drink order had to be repeated 3 times over a 10 minute period. The food order was the same thing and then only 3 of 4 entrees made it to the table. It showed up a couple minutes later. Fortunately the food was excellent. They did comp us the 4th entree and a round of drinks for all of the hassle so I give them a thumbs up for that. Previous visits have always been good so I will chalk this trip up as an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2013Richardson's was recommended by relatives who frequent this restaurant. We are from New Jersey and wanted an authentic New Mexican dinner. This restaurant did not disappoint! The food was great, portions slightly larger then necessary but overall a great dinner. The only downside is that they did not have kids size portions so I would recommend kids share a plate. I will return next time I am in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2013Outstanding guacamole-flavors were wonderful! We dined with two other couples. Noise level was pretty high so it was difficult to hear conversations beyond the person next to you. I had chimayo chicken and would highly recommend the dish. Excellent flavors, large quantity and nice presentation. My husband had New Mexico Enchiladas. They were hot but didnt have unique flavors beyond hot! Others had New Mexico Surf and Turf and Pork Tenderloin and two had fish specials. They all liked their meals. Service was excellent. The only reason we won't return very soon is because the prices are on the higher end. With drinks and tip we paid just over $100 per couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Mexican cuisine.AZBobVIPDined on 4/15/2013Great New Mexican cuisine. Tight quarters and very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was less thanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013Our waitress was less than great; she seemed to be in a hurry to get us out of the restaurant even though it was late evening and no one waiting for the table. But my negative comments are more about the restaurant. It is New Mexican cuisine, so we knew it would be spicy, but every dish was the same level of HOT. Even the Ceasar salad, which should be cool and refreshing, was extremely firey, including the croutons! But here is the amazing part. Reading from the menu: "we will not split checks", "we will not split entrees", "no highchairs, no booster chairs", "show your gift card to the waitress before you order to make sure it is not out of date", etc etc. Do these people really want customers or not? We will not return.
- Suggest that the Pasta HeidiMatsoDined on 4/5/2013Suggest that the Pasta Heidi is removed from the menu. Not that great. Other menu items were great. We liked it better when you could order off of both the Richardson's and Rokerj menusSpecial Features:
- One of the Valley's best.MelissaVIPDined on 3/29/2013One of the Valley's best. Never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Not as good as we rememberBakerdogsDined on 3/15/2013Have dined here in past visits to Phoenix. This time was very noisy for dinner. Hard to have conversation even in booth. Food review was mixed, with carnitas tacos being very dry. Enchiladas were excellent. Margaritas were pricey and on the sweet side. Might try for lunch next time.Special Features:
- Excellent, uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Loved the NM ambience. The garlic dish is great and the carne amazing. Even the house wine was great. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was incredible butNancyDined on 3/8/2013The food was incredible but we were seated in the bar area and could barely have a conversation.Special Features:
- Great food & service. It getsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Great food & service. It gets a little loud. A bit hard to hold a conversation across the table. But, on the whole it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- This was an excellent restaurantGingerDined on 2/26/2013This was an excellent restaurant experience in every way. The ambiance was outstanding and the food was cooked to perfection. It is unique to the Valley and one that we will frequent and recommend to friends.Special Features: