187 NE 2nd Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegrovedelray.com/
- Phone: 5612663750
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Haycook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Grove
The Grove will offer contemporary interpretations of rustic cuisine, served in a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. Small production, boutique wines and craft beers will play a strong role in paying homage to artisan producers and helping to provide a unique and exciting dining experience. We look forward to seeing you at The Grove.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Grove - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
The Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)romantic (51)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/21/2014Great food, and very accommodating. Called to stay I would be 15-20 min late, and Paul, the host indicated that it wouldn't be a problem. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, but didn't mention it until we arrived. Paula hooked us up with a nice gesture of 2 glasses of delicious champagne . Food was great! Bit of a limited menu. Service was great too!Special Features:
- Incredible MealMeandherVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food, service and hospitality of the owners could not be better. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- SweetpeaDined on 5/15/2014All i can say is this is the best restaurant in Delray.Special Features:
- lynmaryDined on 5/15/2014fabulous meal - had tried to reserve all Spring. Now I know why. All 3 of us loved everything we ate. Will definitely go again when I return to FL. Wonderful service and house Chard as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodThomVIPDined on 5/9/2014From the time Paul greets you at the door, it is a great dining experience. Food and atmosphere were great. Be sure to save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DocsaltDocsaltDined on 5/8/2014Small space with clean modern yet warm environment. Excellent renditions of classics dishes with fresh twists and high quality ingredients. Pricey with the small portions but delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant Palm Beach countySuperfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We are always looking for an excuse to travel to Delray to eat at this gem of a restaurant. It's consistently superb food. The staff and ambiance awesome, down to the homemade mouth watering Nutella donutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly spectacular foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014This may sound crazy, but out dinners the other night was one of the best meals I can remember. Perfection! Great ambience, great service and food beyond our expectation. Shhhh. It's the best secret in Delray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real pleasureRHKCDined on 5/1/2014A perfect dining experience is very rare and that's what we had. Amazing food, kind service, with low lights and quiet enough for conversation.Special Features:
- TopOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2014this is our favourite place in delray. perfect service perfect foodSpecial Features:
- Thoughtful service and great foodFox8868VIPDined on 4/24/2014Great new Delray spot. Wonderful ambiance, great food, and the service was really thoughtful. A very well executed experience for those that look for more than just great food and service. Portions are just right; not large. Excellent technique on the chicken. Nutella filled doughnuts were great. A great new addition to the Delray scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/23/2014This is a real jewel. There are many places to eat in Delray Beach as well as Palm Beach County. This is an experience in dining and ambiance without any ostentation. We were amazed by the subtlety and freshness of our meal. The service was artwork. This is a very small place. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The GroveidrsandyDined on 4/19/2014Service was very attentive and impeccable. Food was delicious!
- Great ambiance. Ever greater food!MidtownWinoVIPDined on 4/19/2014Very small and intimate. Wonderful decor. Love the view of the kitchen through the wine cellar. Heirloom tomato salad and ceviche were perfect compliment to the delicious swordfish. $30 corkage fee was fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best REstaurant in Delray!bvcassiyDined on 4/19/2014Very small restaurant with attentive staff. Both chef and front person are co-owners and are present each evening and it makes all the difference. Everything from the warm fresh baked bread to the phenomenal donuts for dessert were excellently prepared. Both of our entrees were exceptional and it was clear that the chef paid great attention to cooking this exquisite food. We have been to most of the restaurants in Delray and this is definitely our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulDelrayDivaVIPDined on 4/19/2014You can't go wrong eating at The Grove. The menu is creative without being too strange, and the service is top notch. It is always a treat for us to dine at this restaurant. Try the mushroom soup - their menu changes frequently but they always seem to have the soup - best in town! As for Joe - he he really knowledgeable about food and drink.Special Features:
- luv2EatOutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014Grove is comfortable and attractive but you don't come here just for the ambience, its the food, the food is awesome. A small menu so that every dish has individual loving attention, vegetables that are out of this world, sauces to die for. My wife had the Ceviche and I had Sweetbreads for starters, both wonderful. I followed with the locally caught swordfish, perfectly seared and medium rare, my wife had the Tagliattelli and it was totally delicious. We ended with a shared cheese plate with Brillat de Savarin and two other cheeses which perfectly rounded off our meal. We had a glass of NZ Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle of French Pinot Noir from a very good wine list. Its expensive but boy, is it worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe I ordered the wrong dishBobbyPDined on 4/18/2014Appetizers, salad and bread were great! I was disappointed in the NY strip that was given. More fat (chewy and inedible) than meat. My wife had the swordfish and thought it was - "OK" But for $32 - $40 bucks per dish I was hoping for something better than "OK". Staff and ambiance was on par with a restaurant of this caliber. * I want to add that I did not tell the server that I was disappointed in our meals. We had plans to meet friends and didn't have time to wait around. I do believe they would have remedied the situation had I brought it to their attention. Not sure I will be back anytime soon, but I'm sure I'll give it a second chance.Special Features:
- Fabulous Find!!DianeWDined on 4/17/2014My daughter and I found this restaurant a year ago and couldn't wait to go again. We were not disappointed! The food is phenomenal and the owner and staff are very friendly & attentive. Wish we lived closer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quaint but yet probablymushVIPDined on 4/11/2014Very quaint but yet probably by far one of the best restaurants in Delray Beach.Special Features:
- Perfect in every way!MelBDined on 4/8/2014From the moment we walked through the door and were welcomed by Paul, we knew we were in for a treat! The restaurant is small and beautiful. We ordered glasses of wine while waiting less than 5 minutes for our table. The complimentary Brioche bread is out-of-this-world! We ordered a fantastic Panzanella salad as an appetizer, and they split in 1/2 for us, which was a nice touch. For entrees, we had the Swordfish and the Hangar Steak. Both were cooked perfectly and delicious. And for dessert, we shared the doughnuts. Delicious! And big, beautiful cappuccinos! We'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!BigtunaDined on 4/8/2014Second time at this restruant and both times the food was fantastic. Small place that has great service and big wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/2/2014We had a wonderful evening at The Grove. Swordfish was excellent, as was the chicken dish. It is clear that the chef has a magic touch with the combination of flavors. Beautifully presented and inventively prepared. Small menu however, so it pays to walk by and check the menu before dining. What a great spot !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the price..dfor50VIPDined on 3/28/2014We were promptly seated for our reservation and the waitperson was quick to address the table and explain the menu. From there is went down hill. A table that arrived after us, was served their meal long before ours was served. My wife and I ordered swordfish and our friends had chicken. Our meal arrived cold but tasty. We told the server about it and the comment was sorry! Interesting when both of us had the cold meal. Our friends meal was hot, but for chicken was extremely overpriced. The cost factor should be changed to $$$$$$.. by the way the "By the glass" wine list in our opinion was very poor. Wont go back.
- Will go back!LewisDined on 3/26/2014Welcoming, friendly, food tasty and creative, not too loud. We had a lovely night and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's great that you can goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014It's great that you can go for a late dinner, open until 10:30 but if you go that late you have to be careful. When we went on Saturday two of the entrees were no longer available. And with a 6 entree menu that doesn't leave you with too many options! The small plates make a great dinner option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back - a lot!2BudsVIPDined on 3/22/2014Spectacular in every way, The Grove came highly recommended by foodies we admire and trust and it was all spot on. We get down to Delray fairly often and this place will always be on our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet DiningFtogrferVIPDined on 3/22/2014Hospitality exceptional. Carolina, our server, excellent in all respects. Great wines. Menu changes weekly. Crab appetizer tasteless. Pasta with short ribs good but granular aftertaste. Surprised at noise level in such an elegant space- a bit raucous for the atmosphere of fine dining it exudes. Would definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a secret a few of us know aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2014This is the best restaurant in Delray Beach. A little off the avenue and it is always worth waiting for the ideal reservation. Always very good. JCSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, fantastic dishes!JMGJRDined on 3/14/2014We ate there for first time and we're able to get an outside table, it was perfect setting for nice dinner with my wife. The menu is very unique and every dish we had was wonderful. The doughnuts for dessert we're amazing. Our waitress was very attentive and love the hand written bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive.BirthdaygirlDined on 3/13/2014Visited for my birthday, at the last minute a friend was in town and opted to join my husband and I. Though our reservation was later, the restaurant was super accommodating with the extra body, which could have been an issue because the restaurant is small. The size made the dining experience very intimate. While our table was prepped for the extra person, we were given complimentary birthday champagne, a nice touch. The food is delicious, the setting is elegant and I cannot wait to bring my special guests back. My sister is a chef, and I think she will love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friends.RinoVIPDined on 3/12/2014Paul is a gracious host Joe our server was attentive. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceaaronmcoDined on 3/11/2014This is our favorite place to eat these Days in Delray Beach; starting with Paul at the door who makes everybody feel special right to the food which is beyond exceptional this is a must reservation for people looking for magical dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding again!BillVIPDined on 3/7/2014We have visited the Grove half a dozen times, and it just keeps getting better. It is a small restaurant that seats less than 35 people at capacity, counting both indoors and outdoors. The menu changes very frequently, so there is not a lot of point to recommending particular dishes. What doesn't change is the creativity of the menu and outstanding execution, both in the kitchen and in the front of the house. The wine list is pricey, but not because it is overpriced. It just tends toward interesting, but expensive, bottles. The good news is that there is a very well curated selection of wines by the glass, and every one we have tried has been wonderful. We will be back often, especially off-season when FL restaurants need patrons.Special Features:
- excellent restaurantCaptVIPDined on 2/28/2014my wife and I loved everything about this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Amazing Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014The food is sublime! An incredible experience for those of you who know great food. The staff is professional, knowledgable and make you feel at home. This owner operated restaurant is a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intriguing ever-changing menuJTG1Dined on 2/19/2014Intriguing ever-changing menu - perfectly executed by the skillful chef. Interesting wine list, well matched to the food --.with many out of the ordinary selections. Good choices by the glass or by the bottle. We always try to get here when we're back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in Delray BeachgslllnDined on 2/15/2014The Grove is by far and away my favorite restaurant in Delray, even amongst the steep competition in pineapple grove. The food is always fantastic and the service is great. Everybody should check out this little gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 2/14/2014The Grove is always pleasantly surprising in terms of its menu and execution. You never have the same thing twice - it's excellent! My significant other and I love finding a reason to visit The Grove. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GIMSDined on 2/13/2014My son and daughter-in-law had a wonderful experience while they were down visiting. Friendly atmosphere, great service, able to try the wines, and the food was delicious especially dessert! They highly recommended The Grove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.