Fuze Italian - 21st Street
2109 Dune Drive
Avalon, NJ 08202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fuze Italian - 21st Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fuzeitalian.com/HOME.html
- Phone: 6097965543x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday:5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Cozzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Fuze Italian - 21st Street
Fuze Italian - 21st Street is the second restaurant of Avalon’s hottest new restaurateurs, twin brothers Steve and Anthony Cozzi. For some we are a casual evening retreat for dinner after a shore-studded day, for others the romantic atmosphere in a hidden corner or a secluded booth provides the ideal place for life’s special moments.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fuze Italian - 21st Street - Best Restaurants in Avalon ›
Fuze Italian - 21st Street reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (39)special occasion (39)romantic (22)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A MUST!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013Requested (Open Table) outside table. Restaurant was unaware of request. Escorted to dimly lit back room table. Waiter promptly greeted us & presented us with bread. Husband had pasta, garlic, sausage - extraordinary. I had a generous portion of thick sliced eggplant parm with side of pasta. The only deterrent to a romantic dining experience was our 2 neighboring tables that were practically in our lap as we were able to hear our neighbors conversations and jokes without even trying. A good place if dining alone because you actually won't & I mean this in the nicest sense. In essence, great restaurant with exceptional food; pleasant ambience and a vibrant noise level. Overall, a great dining experience. BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER DOWN THE SHOREBUZZDined on 9/14/2013GOOD SERVICE GOOD FOOD ( VERY GOOD ) OFFERED ALL THE CONDIMENTS CARING PEOPLE, WHO RAN AND WORKED AT RESTAURANT.Special Features:
- Great meal here during offOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2013Great meal here during off season! Our waiter Tim was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, authentic, and perfectJujuDined on 9/7/2013Fresh, authentic, and perfect Italian food in a lovely classy setting. A special night.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodMartyRDined on 9/7/2013A very nice Italian restaurant with good food, a nice atmosphere and good service. Expensive, as all shore restaurants are but the food was enjoyable. I am pretty picky with my Italian food and would be happy to visit again. I think the pasta dishes are likely their strong suit, but the fuse sauce (seafood topping) goes well on a variety of dishes and is worth a try. Very nice oil and roasted garlic dip for bread. Salads were very good and sharable and a nice dessert selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good and Family FriendlySonnyDined on 9/6/2013Service was prompt but at a relaxing pace. The the food quality and presentation were both very good. BYOB helps to keep it affordable!Special Features:
- We were originally seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2013We were originally seated in the back dining room that was very noisy. Since one in our party has a hearing problem we asked to be moved to a quieter location. This was done and the evening was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Love this place!robinjoyceDined on 9/1/20133rd time visiting Fuze Italian. Still love it despite a major glitch this time. Started with the mixed greens salad - chock full of cheese and pepperoni with a delicious vinaigrette dressing. We made sure we were there early enough to get the Sunday Gravy special which my husband loved the first time, but thought was merely OK this time. I ordered chicken piccata, but received veal piccata. As I'm very anti-veal, this was traumatic for me as I hadn't realized until I'd taken a bite. Shudder! Manager apologized and I soon received my corrected order. Side dish of THE best grilled asparagus I've ever eaten! Flourless chocolate cake which was out of this world. Surprised/annoyed that dessert not comped as an apology for major entree mix-up.Special Features:
- went twice in one weekHeatherDined on 8/29/2013This was my third time dining at this restaurant this summer. I went twice this past week with my sister and we both ordered the same dish - veal a la fuze. Usually when I have a great meal and go back it's never as good but this dish was just as good 3 days later! The salads are good and served family style. The other 2 in our party were happy with their entrees as well - flounder a la fuze and pasta with seafood. We shared nutella gelato which was yummy too. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Prices are reasonable and love the byob!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining al fresco, nice atmosphere,yummyeatsDined on 8/27/2013We enjoyed dining on the front patio. Our server was very pleasant and efficient. The dinner was very yummy. We would return and try the indoor atmosphere next time. Lucked out on a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013My friends and I found this place last year and had a fantastic meal and great service. The food was still good but service was so off that it impacted the overall experience. Our server was taking care of the back room and made a point of telling us that we were not seated in her area. The gaps started early with a small bottle of Diet coke ($4!!) that had a top that required an opener. We had to make a request to get it opened. We asked for more bread when a small basket arrived. It was never provided. Two diners had a seafood special with a lot of shellfish and were not provided a bowl to catch shells. When we mentioned we felt a bit neglected to our server, she told us we were out of her area and the neglect continued.Special Features:
- Always greatBeachGuyDined on 8/23/2013As expected the Veal Al la Fuze was excellent. Never rushed, very knowledgable and courteous staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicessk1256Dined on 8/23/2013My husband and I enjoyed this restaurant. It had a nice ambience. It was crowded but the service was excellent. Families with children, adult groups and couples all seemed to enjoy it. The food was good but not all that special - I had eggplant parmesan and it was a bit dry. My husband had the veal parm. The special however, osso buco, looked delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect from Start to Finish!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2013Our family has been to Fuze Italian many times. Each time we are very pleased with the service and meal. Everything on this trip was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2013We have been going to Avalon for years and have always been looking for a good Italian restaurant. Fuze Italian is better than good. We had an excellent meal there. The food was authentic Italian. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid dining experienceAmblerJVIPDined on 8/16/2013Fuze Avalon seems to have hit their stride! Service was very attentive and well timed, food was solid, especially the Arugula salad with figs, and the Veal Milanese. Only problem is its difficult to get an RSVP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and not the lastJoeNVIPDined on 8/16/2013Phenomenal meal and service. Very accomodating with a special menu request. No rushing you. Just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt by the sea!SafnycVIPDined on 8/13/2013From our pasta to the chicken param, all of our dishes were drenched in salt. Maybe it was just a bad day for the chef..
- OUTSTANDINGSummerDined on 8/11/2013The food is consistent and the service is great. Never had a bad meal and we have eaten here about 12 to 14 times over the past two years. Becca the server is fantastic. The food is just terrific. A real gem in Avalon area as not many other could hold a candle to this one…. This is a keeper....thanks to the owner for such an OUTSTANDING restaurant....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring menu. Nothing innovative.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013Boring menu. Nothing innovative. Over priced salads. Was not impressed
- Enjoyable evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013My husband and I never expected such a great experience. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, everything was fresh and delicious. The service was top rate. Ambiance was lovely. Really surprised that everything was so perfect, definitely will be back! Keep up the good work, I hope it is just as good next summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid Italian restaurantsteakloverVIPDined on 8/9/2013A solid Italian restaurant in Avalon. The food and setting are far better than average for the shore. We spend every weekend in Avalon during the summer and dine out frequently. Have been to Fuze several times this summer and each time the food has been outstanding and the wait staff always friendly and attentive . Priced fairly for the shore. Went with a group several weeks ago. We had a blast. Spent as much time in restaurant as we wanted, enjoying several bottles of wine. Felt welcome and not rushed. Staff wanted to be sure we were all having a good time. Nice that it is BYO. Look forward to returning in the off season as well. Our favorite restaurant in Avalon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the last timeEbsbs52Dined on 8/9/2013Not as good as the last time we ate here. Salad was bland, and we got bad info from our wait staff that the family style salad would be enough for 4. It wasn't, and we had to quickly order another. Sauce was "runny" and not great. What's with the side of pasta only coming with parmesan dishes? Otherwise you have to order a family style bowl of pasta for 6 dollars. Very noisy.
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2013Food was very good, price was reasonable. Marinara sauce was exceptional as was the fish. The broccoli rabe and sausage is new on menu, needs more flavor. Service was excellent. They sautéed the Calamari for us. It was excellent. Should add to menu. We were able to have reasonable conversation with party of 6. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Restaurant in Avalon.AvalonguyDined on 8/8/2013Awesome meal. I am still full ! Our server Robert was great Keep up the good/great work ! We will be back next weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening out with husbandhothouse123Dined on 8/6/2013Nice evening out with husband and in laws. Italian food excellent! The noise level though was a bit loud for the impaired seniors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmosphere, better foodJoshDangerDined on 8/6/2013The ambiance was great for a date night with my wife. The service and food were both exceptional, with the server having a detailed knowledge of each of the dishes and specials. The food arrived quickly and was immaculately prepared. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant on the Main DragAvalonBobDined on 8/2/2013This is a very nice restaurant. We've now been there twice and thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the ambience both times. This time, we sat outside. It was a beautiful night and we had a really good meal. Recommend this restuarant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencesoxfanDined on 8/2/2013We were very pleased with Fuze Avalon on Saturday evening. I liked the ambiance when we first entered the restaurant. Our server was very pleasant and helpful, not overbearing but attentive and friendly. I really liked the menu and the food was excellent! Would definitely return!
- Wow!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013Lived in Avalon for years and was always disappointed in the italian that this island had to offer. Until now! This place was amazing! Great food, service, and ambiance. Felt like an authentic italian restaurant.Special Features:
- FUZE ITALIAN IN AVALONBobG430Dined on 7/29/2013The decor is well done and the service was very good. Nice menu though somewhat expensive for what you get. Everything is a la carte. The noise level was high but we never were screaming at each other. A good neighborhood place to go. When we were there, there was a nice mix of couples and groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a very mediocre experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/28/2013This was a very mediocre experience. Some diners were dissapointed with their dinners, some thought they were just ok. We were there on a Sunday and they seemed overwhelmed. I can't think of any reason to go back.
- food was very dissapointing.BuckDined on 7/28/2013food was very dissapointing. riggatoni came out very mushy!!!! waitress never told me that the "Sunday Gravy" was $32.95 !!!!!
- Was unknownEFDTDined on 7/28/2013When we arrived at Fuse they did not have our reservations. I had your confirmation on my phone so we were seated. Food was good especially the calamari. Service was excellent but it does get very noisy inside. Very pretty restaurant.
- Great meal with excellent serviceJamesVIPDined on 7/28/2013We had dinner with family. I had an alla vodka sauce over homemade pasta that was delicious. Arugula salad was fresh and lemon dressing was the right touch. Service was very attentive, especially for my elderly dad who needs patience! Great job.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Avalon Dining SpotTigerfanVIPDined on 7/27/2013We love Fuze Italian. We always have a great meal and good service. The staff is wonderful ! We really enjoy the family style house salad just like my grandmother made not to mention the homemade biscotti. You must give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our food thoroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2013We enjoyed our food thoroughly but i think the lighting is too bright for a romantic dinner for 2. This impacted our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fabulous Dinner ExperienceMikeVIPDined on 7/26/2013Fuze Italian never disappoints. The food is always outstanding and the service is exceptional. Ask for Tim, he's the best!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip new restaurant in AvalonDesigndaneVIPDined on 7/26/2013Went with friends. Food was delicious every person loved their meals! We started with Caesar for the table which was terrific! Our main courses were halibut, which was tasty,and moist in a beurre blanc sauce which complimented the fish perfectly. The other diners got flounder franchese, and veal fuze ( which was served with crab, shrimp, and other seafood on top), every person raved about the food. We also ordered the homemade fettuccine bolognese, as a side since entrees do not come with any sides. Only negative is that everything is a la carte. Make reservations it was very crowded on the Friday we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but think theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2013Great food, but think the cost of some of the specials is way overpriced for a shore restaurant, even higher than some great restaurants in phillySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.