Fuze Italian - 21st Street
2109 Dune Drive
Avalon, NJ 08202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fuze Italian - 21st Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fuzeitalian.com/HOME.html
- Phone: 6097965543x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday:5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Cozzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Fuze Italian - 21st Street
Fuze Italian - 21st Street is the second restaurant of Avalon’s hottest new restaurateurs, twin brothers Steve and Anthony Cozzi. For some we are a casual evening retreat for dinner after a shore-studded day, for others the romantic atmosphere in a hidden corner or a secluded booth provides the ideal place for life’s special moments.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fuze Italian - 21st Street - Best Restaurants in Avalon ›
Fuze Italian - 21st Street reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (39)special occasion (39)good for groups (37)romantic (22)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- True Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Once again...a great dinner! We go here often and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerDebbieDined on 7/12/2014We were very disappointed with dinner. The flounder portion was very small and the special salad for the evening was tasteless. Other than the salad there were no other specials. Two members of the party were served a half cup of cappuccino. The manager was called over and he had the server give a full cup to each person. We have been to Fuze Italian in the past and the dinners were always good. Needless to say, we were very disappointed.
- Becoming a regularsteakloverVIPDined on 7/11/2014Have been ding at Fuze Italian since it first opened. Has become our favorite restaurant on seven mile island. Food, service and attitude much better than most at the shore. Food consistently outstanding with dishes worth returning for over and over again. Probably has the best, most generous piece of halibut we have ever had. All dishes outstanding. Wait staff always friendly and eager to please welcoming us each time we return. Sat outside last week on a beautiful evening and was wonderful. Have enjoyed ding here in the off season as well. Makes you feel like you are in Avalon when you are there. Highly recommend this restaurant though make a reservation for weekends during the season because become very popular and rightfully so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the shore, the food's not bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/9/2014But, the service is atrocious. This is the 3rd time I've been there. Every time I go we have a party of 6, and every time they jam us into a 4 top. And the place is half empty. I just don't get it, particulary when the manager can't find room to place the appetizers, and yet he's clueless as to why. Further, the waitress was totally disengaged, never smiled, and looks like she would like to be anywhere else but there. We won't be back.
- You get what you pay for....LchiafulloVIPDined on 7/9/2014And that was a lot! From beginning to end, the service was outstanding, the portions were generous, and the quality of the food was superb! (And the bathrooms were very clean!). Try the clam appetizer. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time no charmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014This was my 3rd time to Fuze. The service has always been friendly, efficient and professional. I was disappointed in the menu, or perhaps just chose the wrong thing. the chicken parmesan was dried out, over- cooked , hard, the pasta was way overcooked and mushie...minimal sauce, 3 items were unavailable on the menu...surprising for a high season week in summer. The quality of the food on the previous menus was a higher caliber. This menu is no more distinct than other shore eateries. The strength is in the waitstaff.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/5/2014We dined here the day after July 4th and what a beautiful evening it was! As you expect with a holiday weekend they were extremely busy, but the server made us feel like we were the only ones there. The food came out fresh and delicious, without any delays. We loved their homemade gnocchi and fettuccine. Also, their Veal alla Fuze with all the seafood and risotto was to die for. And don't forget to leave room for dessert! The homemade cheesecake and cannoli, with some espresso capped off an amazing dining experience. We cannot wait to come back next time we are down the shore.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant!DufnMacsPicksDined on 6/30/2014FUZE was a delightful dining experience. The wait staff is very solicitous, the food is excellent and the atmosphere was terrific. Our waiter was knowledgable and made several great selections including a delicious light and fluffy cheesecake for dessert. Highly recommend. It's a BYOB which only made it better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu, just as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our 4th time at Fuze, the first this summer. They changed the menu, but it's for the better. We were sat at a nice large table with plenty of space. As a group of 4 we each ordered different entrees. My wife had the roasted chicken and I had their special veal, both of which were amazing. Our server recommended their cheesecake and pannacotta, which the 4 of us split. We are looking to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014My friend and I came in for a later dinner on a Saturday evening. As soon as we sat down, we knew this was going to be a great evening. Our server was extremely friendly and he helped us with some suggestions, as it was our first time. We ordered the meatball, which tasted just like an italian nonna had made it. We will definitely be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different from last yearfoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014There have been changes to the menu as well as changes with the staff. Portions have gotten smaller and although the cioppino tastes delicious the portion size may as well be a child size portion. Services are not spectacular either. Very disappointed lately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greg VGregVDined on 6/27/2014This was our second time at the restaurant and not sure there will be a third. Food here is better than most at the shore even if wildly overpriced. Ambiance was pleasant, but service this evening was from an alternative universe. Bus boy, who had to be asked repeatedly to pour water, since the waiter simply disappeared, apologized repeatedly, but seemed not to comprehend that the water glasses, once full, needed to be kept that way. The bread and roasted garlic, which is typically served on seating came about 20 minutes after we were seated, after several requests for water but before the waiter came round to take our orders. The bread, like the water, came with profuse apologies. Food was fine if uninspired.
- Not what I thought...QutypyVIPDined on 6/27/2014I read the reviews for this restaurant and it looked great. Classic italian food, a bar and nice atmosphere...What isn't mentioned is that this isn't so for the 21st. location...No bar, a VERY limited menu and very tight seating. We were 30 minutes early for our reservation and decided to stay anyway. Even though the place was 3/4 empty, the only available seating (30) early was outside. OK, no biggies i guess but the sun was annoying. The very nice waiter informed us that they had "run out of pasta"..run out of pasta? you just opened an hour ago?. That created a dilemma as there was only 2 fish options. I don't eat red meat or chicken.. The fish was very good, but not good enough to return, although I would like to try the other location.Special Features:
- golfer59Dined on 6/21/2014Fuze is a little overpriced for the quality of food. The backroom is very uncomfortable, brightly lite and noisy. The front room is better but the lighting over the tables is very bright.
- Fuze Italian great spot in Avalon.LindyDined on 6/21/2014We went there two years ago when it opened, but did not go last year. Sorry we missed it last year as enjoyed our meal there this past Saturday. Food was excellent and our server was friendly and attentive. We will return again this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJoendawnDined on 6/21/2014As usual the food and service was great. My wife swears the Veal scallops and shrimp dish was as good a meal as she has ever had!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisagLisagDined on 6/21/2014We have eaten at Fuze Italian many times. The menu has changed and seems very limited now. The service was good. Noise level was high, especially for people hard of hearing. When so many people are talking, music doesn't need to be so loud. Prices are typical for Avalon - moderately high. My favorite part of the meal was their cheesecake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy dinersdiningoutismyfavoriteDined on 6/21/2014We decided to try a new restaurant for a birthday dinner, and we were so pleased. Fuze Italian was on Open Table, which made our decision easy after reading all of the good revues. From start to finish, our meal was excellent and the service terrific. Our waiter, Andrew, was super friendly, opening our wine (BYO) and even recommending we try the Malbec of the same winery (we will). The giant meatball appetizer was excellent, almost a meal in itself. My husband had a pasta and seafood dish, the homemade noodles were perfection, and we noticed a flavor we could not identify, so our waiter coaxed it out of the kitchen staff. I had the rigatoni bolognese, also delicious. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Just Incredible!BeeRichardVIPDined on 6/16/2014The food and service were outstanding. Our server, Brett, was knowledgeable and incredibly attentive at just the right times. This is a classy, casual place without being pretentious. We split the meatball appetizer which was huge, tender, flavorful and delicate. I will not split this delectable delight in the future. My wife had veal milanese which was fantastic. I had the veal a la fuze -- tender veal medallions stacked on risotto topped with sweet, tender scallops; tender shrimp; and just enough crab to not be lost in the wonderful sauce that complemented everything on my dish. This is a "must return to" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day outingmotherdaughterDined on 6/15/2014After a long day of packing and driving to the shore and unpacking, it was great to have our dinner plans already made. Fuze was relaxed and friendly, yet dressy enough in atmosphere to feel special for a Father's Day outing. It is BYO, so we enjoyed a good bottle of wine with dinner! Our server was friendly and helpful, and provided just the right advice for our order. The food arrived in good time, and we never ran out of water. All in all, it was a very enjoyable meal. We did feel that the bill - approximately $55 per person including tip - was a bit high for two split salads, one order of calimari, 4 entrees, one side of spinach, and two split desserts. The entrees were fine, but not great. Still, we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableMaryVIPDined on 6/14/2014meal and service were both very good. Huge plus that you could bring your own. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- fatguyDined on 6/14/2014We have dined here about 5 times and have really enjoyed it everytime. Great service great food great locationSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014First time we have been to Stone Harbor and Avalon Shore. I did a restaurant search and found Fuze Italiano Restaurant. We enjoyed the whole experience, the meal was excellent, the service was very good and friendly and the atmosphere was wonderful, very nice and relaxing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all of our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly gourmetLuv2dineDined on 6/9/2014We're looking for a new place for dinner in Avalon. From the fresh bread and delicately seasoned pasta dishes to the impeccable service you will not be dissapointed! I highly recommend this restaurant for gourmet food and friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!Luv2eatDined on 6/8/2014We have been here several times in past 2 years. It is always good. BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is what makes itGallaFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014The house salad, mussels, rigatoni Bolognese were excellent. Bread could have been a little better but, good. Service was very good but could have been more helpful in pouring wine. The decor and dining room experience is somewhat tacky -- does not quite fit with the menu and cost. Small upgrades could make the experience excellent all around.Special Features:
- GreatButchDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I were very happy the way they handled our 29th Anniversary. Carlie was the best..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2014We have been to Fuze multiple times and will be back many more times. The food and service are always perfect. We had the clams appetizer, Bolognese, and the veal alla fuze. We'll be back again and will recommend to everyone we know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodVickyVIPDined on 6/6/2014We had the best roasted salmon during restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mattkid3Dined on 5/30/2014Our fish and veal were outstanding but we were disappointed that the fingerling potatoes were under cooked and the risotto was on the hard side. Service was very good. We will give Fuze another try.
- MarkMarkVIPDined on 5/26/2014Food was good but the menu had a lot of standard offerings which can be found at any Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 224 reviews are from the Fuze Italian - 21st Street reviews archive.
- Good but not greatluv2dineDined on 5/24/2014They scaled back the menu to standard offerings but did not include the specials we used to enjoy on a regular basis; it was disappointing. Two fish offerings (flounder and halibut and not salmon?). Food was good but not worth the price. They may bring back specials as the season goes on but I'll wait and see. I wouldn't go back for the current menu.Special Features:
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014While the food was tasty, we felt the menu was overpriced. Entrees ranged from $25-$35. Salads were $11. This is a seasonal restaurant that does not have the expense of a liquor license. There are many other more reasonably priced restaurants with good food in the area. This was our one and only visit.
- Awesome food and serviceRileyConnorDined on 5/11/2014I am a local and have been coming here to dine since they first open here in Avalon. Great food and awesome service. My family not only dines here occasionally over the summer but we also dine here on holidays like Mother's Day and birthdays .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avalon's BestCute10Dined on 5/10/2014Homemade pasta the best in town, should have more. New menu okay, actually prefer the old one better. Vegetables cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really?kkimber19VIPDined on 5/10/2014First, the worst seat in the house. A request to move and a snide remark. Then, prices gone up, portions gone down. Our last visit. Good luck on your second year. We will not recommend.
- Just awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014We have frequented this restaurant many times, and each time it gets better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodskibaumVIPDined on 9/29/2013Enjoyed the food at Fuze Italian. The menu is a little strange at first. Very simple. I don't think it does the food justice. The food was a bit salty overall, but generally very good.
- Our Second VisitSusanDined on 9/28/2013Dinner was delicious and the service impeccable. We will be back. The homemade pasta was fantastic. The FUZE sauce is a specialty.Special Features:
- I loved the relaxed feel ofluv2eatDined on 9/27/2013I loved the relaxed feel of the place. The service was exceptional and helpful. BYOB too! Menu was comprehensive and portions were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.