Fifi's Seafood Restaurant
6934 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33141Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Fifi's Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fifisseafood.com/
- Phone: 3058655665
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner Nighly: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: FiFi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Antonio Acevedo 3058655665
A word from Fifi's Seafood Restaurant
Latin Fusion cuisine in a friendly casual atmosphere. Inside and outside dining bistro with wine bar and great service. Guaranteed fresh catch where you pick your own. Fifi"s will grill fish, make it steam or fry your fish. Bring in your own fresh catch and we'll cook it for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fifi's Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Fifi's Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (17)good for groups (16)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Awesome Hog Snapper , andgjp714VIPDined on 8/31/2013Awesome Hog Snapper , and tuna rolls everything we tried was A+ we will be back soonSpecial Features:
- EVERYTHING was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2013Went for anniversary dinner and everything we had was amazing and unique. Our server also did an excellent job recommended options to us based on what we liked. I would highly recommend the tuna rolls as well as the lobster app. We are looking forward to going back for the hog fish as well. The time to wait for food was quick and the atmosphere is intimate with cool artwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Went there during Miami Spice, and the menu options were quite good. Looking around the restaurant the portions looked huge, (un)luckily my option (the Chilean Seabass) was not that huge, but it was very good. I don't know if I'd go back during normal menu prices, but definitely was a good deal during Miami Spice, but not memorable. The place was a bit loud inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishslckingDined on 8/24/2013This is a hidden neighborhood gem- excellent fresh seafood- offered most of usual menu for Miami Spice- the shrimp tempura appetizer, Chilean sea bass, and mixed seafood dishes were all excellent. They also give you a small salad. Desserts were small but good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fifi's on SpiceDisappointedDined on 8/18/2013Fifi would have gotten a higher review- they had so many customers due to spice- the service was slow- I am sure due to Spice It is a great neighborhood gem and would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great MenuAce1336Dined on 7/20/2013This was our 2nd time there and we ordered 3 different appetizers and tried the specialty, a 2lb Hog Snapper as our main course. Everything was superb! We left wanting more but satisfied with the selections we made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish!HananuiDined on 7/19/2013The fish was excellent! It was really nice to see the fresh fish as soon as I walked into the restaurant. The hostess was very nice and accommodated our drink order immediately when she seated us. Our wait staff was friendly and intuitive and was very knowledgeable regarding the menu. Overall a great experience and will return in the future. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fifi's was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2013Amazing fresh seafood and great ambiance without being the least bit stuffy. Every person in our party of 7 loved it and will be back when next in Miami!Special Features:
- Fifi's - a 'must' when in MiamiElizabethDined on 7/6/2013We visit Fifi's every time we are in Miami - definitely worth it. The food is always excellent - in fact we almost always take the recommendation of the server as to what we order and thus far we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an authentic gem.eviejeanDined on 7/2/2013This is an authentic gem. Great fish. Good wine. This is a family go to when we have a taste for incredibly fresh, well cooked local fish. Family owned with sophistication.Special Features:
- Memorable ExperienceIbad5Dined on 5/28/2013Great service, food was well prepared and and fresh, service was on point and very friendly staff, comfortable and smooth enviroment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fifi's Place a HitWilheatDined on 5/26/2013The red snapper wrap appetizer and the black cod entrée are absolutely perfect! Fifi's flan is the perfect ending!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to Fif'i's severalDKNJDined on 5/25/2013I have been to Fif'i's several times before. However, this time my experience was HORRIBLE. The waiter started out attentive and after that it was all downhill. My friend's appetizer came first and my did not come until about 20 minutes later. Our entrees were okay - I had the chilean sea bass which I had before, but it was kind of dry. Then it took almost 30-40 minutes after we requested our check to get it. Actually, if we had got up and left without paying I don't know if they would have noticed. But that's not the type of person I am. Will I give it another chance? Maybe - since this is the first horrible experience. But there are many other good places to try in the area, so it may be awhile.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013We did like the restaurant and the food very much. We love seafood and every dish we had was excellent. The presentation of the food was beautifully done. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We first discovered Fifi'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/19/2013We first discovered Fifi's on a trip to Miami Beach about five or six years ago. We were very impressed with the quality of the fresh fish. We recently brought a group of 14 people there, and were equally impressed. Everyone in our party raved about the food, and again the catch of the day was outstanding. The restaurant staff was very accomodating to our large group, the waitstaff was very friendly and informative, and overall service was excellent. This is a short cab ride from the South Beach area, and a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle - and prices - of South Beach for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delicious !!!!Luvpeking1VIPDined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day and like always food is incredible good. Well presented and always with high quality. The owner is usually there and on top of everything that's going on. One thing I would change is the way they have for waiter system . She has a lot of young kids serving but you have to continually ask them for something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!TiffanyVIPDined on 5/11/2013I love their menu! Fresh seafood items prepared in a modern way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fresh fishNewinMiamiDined on 5/9/2013Fabulous selection of fresh fish prepared perfectly, respecting the delicacy of taste.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/28/2013Great place for seafood - especially the mixed grill.Special Features:
- This is not 5 star diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013This is not 5 star dining but it is a nice place to get some fresh fish. Food was very good, staff was very pleasant. Went on a Saturday night for early dinner (6pm) had no trouble getting seated. Waitress was friendly and attentive. Had the catch of the day, hog snapper, grilled, with rice and black beans- it was perfect!
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013The food was great. We had a shrimp tempura appetizer that was very tasty - most shrimp don't have much taste but these were mouth watering and very much tasted like shrimp. The grilled calamari was also scrumptious. And the fish and shrimp cerviche was equally good. I think the shrimp tempura appetizer is a must! The catch of the day - hogsnapper was very good. The mashed potatoes side disd was outstanding as were the salads and sauteed vegetables. This restaurant is a North Beach restaurant right in the neighborhood where we vacation every few months so now that we know about the place we will be back. It was great to see all of our neighbors there on Saturday night. And with the open table reservation, we didn't have to wait. THANKS ALOTSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2013Food was excellent, however as previously noted in reviews the service is poor. Perhaps having the wait staff earning tips vs. adding it to the bill would improve service. we waited one hour for our main cource after being served our appetizers. Unacceptable.
- Although this is our 4th timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/11/2013Although this is our 4th time dining there. Our service was certainly lacking as they appeared understaff. Food was also not up to par as other times and it wasn't what we had ordered originally but to no avail to let waiter know.Special Features:
- We walked out of Fifi's pleasantlyVIPDinerVIPDined on 3/9/2013We walked out of Fifi's pleasantly surprised and recommending it to everyone know since the day we dined there---even after a couple of service glitches. But those mixups happen and overall, the staff was very professional and aimed to please which is what is important. Now to the food... loved the bisque and the hog snapper ANY way it is prepared. It is however, on the very pricey side, and a long drive for us, but its worth the ocassional drive up there for good, solid food.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in town!Ace1336Dined on 3/1/2013We had an amazing experience at Fifi's place. The food was outstanding and the service was more than what we could imagine. We were greeted by the hostess right away and soon after we were at our table. We were then greeted by our waitress and friendly staff, they offered some amazing appetizers, the stone crab and tempura shrimp (they are truly a must have for first timers!). We had the parillada for 1, which my wife and me split. It was enough for the both of us to share. If you are going in groups of 4 or more I would suggest to order it so everyone can try it. Overall it is a gem and we will certainly be back for more.Special Features:
- Dermatopathology loves fresh catchRangerVIPDined on 3/1/2013Fifi's blew away our expectations. What was best about it was that it was off the beaten path. Other than us, there didn't appear to be any other tourists there. This restaurant is a local gem.Special Features:
- Fifi's is a great placeJimkVIPDined on 3/1/2013Went to Fifi's on a Friday night and it was fairly busy but we were seated within a few minutes of our reservation. The seafood is very fresh and outstanding. It is a little pricey but so is everywhere else in Miami Beach. The server was attentive and our appetizers, salad and entrees were well spaced timewise. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Great stone crab claws....theOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/1/2013Great stone crab claws....the shrimp tempura appetizer was delicious. Fifi's is a find on old Miami Beach restaurant row!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2013We went to Fifi's specifically for the stone crab. They advertise this on their website & on a big neon sign in the front. We placed our order for Jumbo - the server came back. They were out. We ordered colossal. The server came back they were out. I think if he actually had put in the order right away we would have enjoyed the stone crab. Overall the food was OK. The service was very slow. 15 minutes to order a drink. 35 minutes from when we were seated until the first beverage arrived. The wine was good. I would not recommend this place due to the service & the menu not being able to be fulfilled.
- Wide variety of choices onslckingDined on 2/23/2013Wide variety of choices on the menu - excellent seafood - great, friendly service. Only complaint was having to wait a bit after my reservation. Also, tables are a bit close to each other - but I was impressed overall by this little local seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good!!HebsDined on 2/23/2013Very nice meal. Except for salads which are pre-prepared the food is very good. Service has improved as they used to be too ambitious to clear the table while still enjoying. Nice not to feel rushed. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Surround yourself with seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/20/2013Great restaurant. Always fresh seafood. The stone crab claws were amazing. Go for the Lobster. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Service was very slow. WaterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2013Service was very slow. Water glasses weren't filled until after apps were finished. The server dropped sauce on my phone by accident. Very annoying but an honest mistake. Gave us dessert on the house to try and make up for it. Its gonna be interesting trying to explain the incident to the genius bar at apple... Apart from all of this, the grilled seafood parrilada was great
- Quality seafood in north beachheroldraVIPDined on 2/18/2013Nice addition to upper beach -- a quality seafood house. The stone crabs (we had large) were absolutely fresh and better than we had at Joe's a few months earler. Mixed seafood grill for two (parillada) with just oil and garlic was also excellent. Perfectly cooked - slightly crispy outside but moist inside - and all fresh. This preparation was completely satisfying and we saw no need for the "famous" butter garlic sauce preparation. Flan desert, gratis, was outstanding. This was a riff on Brasilian "pudding," made with sinfully rich condensed milk. We liked seeing the seafood on display but the decor, with flowing hanging sheets, was a little silly.Special Features:
- Had dinner at Fifi's and lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Had dinner at Fifi's and loved it! The whole fried snapper was fantastic and the snapper berries appetizer were unique and delicious. Highly recommend the ceviche as well. I have nothing but good things to say about our experience.Special Features:
- Consistently goodWoodyVIPDined on 2/10/2013Fantastic menu of fish and seafood. Moderately priced with attentive service and a casual atmosphere. This is a great "go-to" restaurant to have an informal dinner with a group of friends. The menu has something for everyone and the servers are very good at handling a large group. I dine here a couple of times each month and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Snapper Special on Feb 5, 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Coming from the Florida Keys and being used to really fresh fish and chefs that know how to prepare it, I have to say I was disappointed. I read reviews on this place and really wanted to fall in love with it and have a new favorite restaurant to go to when visiting my daughter in Miami Beach. Although the snapper was actually real snapper and not a frozen square piece of fish like many restaurants in Miami seem to use, it was way overcooked, dry, and flat tasting. I know that a restaurant can have an off night and may be willing to try it again - if I do, I will post my results again. The service was not very good, I was never asked if I wanted a second glass of wine.Special Features:
- Food and service were goodPaulVIPDined on 1/18/2013Food and service were good but the prices were high for the quality of both. While I characterized it as "a neighborhood gem", more accurately I would call it a neighborhood cubic zyrconium.Special Features:
- The restaurant felt datedTasteBuddZDined on 1/16/2013The restaurant felt dated but seems most of the places that I visited in Miami Beach felt that way. I ate outdoors, on the sidewalk cafe, it seemed less stuffy than inside if you didn't mind the skateboarders whizzing by on one side and busy Collins Ave. on the other. There are approx 8 ceviches on the menu, I had a traditional one, that was adequate. All were overpriced at between $18-$23 per appetizer. Should have had the stone crabs, looked great but at $50 /lb seemed expensive especially since this is one of the best harvests on record. For Main menu I had Paella it was delicious, full of seafood, and a wide variety of crusteans. It was moist but not swimming is broth and the rice was cooked perfectly.
- We went there for the seafoodBetsymomVIPDined on 1/14/2013We went there for the seafood and were not disappointed. The prices were rather high for some of the entrees, like the black cod, which I ordered. Service was fine. Although the decor was a little outdated, it suited the restaurant.Special Features: