Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
100 N. Hayford Rd
Airway Heights, WA 99001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.northernquest.com/dining/masselows
- Phone: 5094816020x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily / 7am - 12pm (Noon)
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday / 5-10pm; Sunday / 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bob Rogers - Chef de Cusine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 10 people available.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Rogers 5094816020x
A word from Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
Masselow’s Restaurant is a fine dining restaurant offering Northwest contemporary cuisine. It seats up to 144 guests and offers private dining options for groups up to 10. Masselow's Restaurant guests will be greeted in Salish, the language of area tribes, including that of the Kalispels. Tribal culture and history is infused throughout Masselow's Restaurant, reflected in the décor, service and experience guests will enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (39)romantic (28)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First timerBirthdaygirlDined on 12/5/2013The overall experience was really nice, the food was pretty on the plate and the drinks were yummy, there was a larger group on the other side of the restaurant that was quite loud, but the restaurant wasn't that packed so the sound carried through out. Our waiter was nice but we saw so many different people through out dinner that it was kind of annoying, again it wasn't busy in the restaurant so the staff probably was trying to look busy but still I enjoy eating dinner with fewer distractions. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerRP1711Dined on 11/30/2013Service excellent - Attention to needs-excellent - Food ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Food and service are both2dinersDined on 11/30/2013Food and service are both outstanding. Servers are very knowledgeable and helpful. Prices are reasonable for such an outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First Time Experience2DogCityToursDined on 11/28/2013My wife's and my first time visit to Masselows was everything we had been hearing about it. To honor Chief Masselow, I ordered the Bison Ribeye. This was in December, and the Bison Ribeye was the best steak I had enjoyed all year long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceTrishDined on 11/21/2013This was my second time eating here. Everything about this restaurant is superb. Although pricy - well worth the whole experience from food quality to service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice relaxing get a reservatioRickDined on 11/16/2013Very nice relaxing get a reservation very popular great food get the bananas fosterSpecial Features:
- Very Loud, very casualFlemingDined on 11/16/2013For being the only AAA Four Diamond rated restaurant in Spokane, per their web site. Masselow's was very loud any way to casual. A restaurant with this kind of rating, you should be able to have a quite conversation with someone else at the table without having trouble hearing. T-shirts and jeans really?Special Features:
- Enriching Dining ExperienceLuckyLindyDined on 11/14/2013I absolutely love dining at Masselow's restaurant. I try and dine there once a week, and I am consistently pleased with absolutely everything. Thank you and kudos to the entire team at Northern Quest Resort and Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceglutenfreedinnerDined on 11/10/2013We really enjoyed Masselow's. The food was great and they were very acomodating for our various food allergeies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedDick51Dined on 11/9/2013The service is second to none. But the food is a sad attempt to be gormet. This does not even compare the some of the meals we had in Vegas last month.
- expected higher food qualityanticipationDined on 11/1/2013In a nutshell, the service was top notch. the food, well to ask the prices and say you are 5 star, it fell flat. It was good, but just not there. Beverlys, Churchills both better and same top service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not 4 stars???OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013We have experienced several of the fine dining restaurants in the Washington. Oregon area and this one although good was not up to the standards of some of the others. The wait staff was attentive but not at fine dining standards, the food was not described An 'unusual selection of bread" was served with butter not really matching the breads, or the meal . It was offered once prior to the entry & you were given one piece then the basket was removed by the secondary wait staff. Water was left on the table but glasses were not refilled. My wife was not asked if she would like a second glass of wine. We had the chefs special, the steak was wonderful but the king crab was lack luster and no dish was offered for the shells..Special Features:
- Date NightJrenDined on 10/18/2013Had a great Date night for my wife's birthday. Food was great - wine selection was great - service was awsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the service was slow,jannieDined on 10/13/2013I think the service was slow, it is a bit over priced. the food was very good. When you have big groups it gets very loud. When ever we have eaten there for diner it wasn't quiet it was loud. Having breakfast there was better than diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfulluvstastyfoodDined on 10/12/2013My mother was with me during my dining experience and we both just had a ball at your restaurant. Our waiter was just a joy and the whole experience was extremely pleasant. One of the best French 75s and bison I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. We will definitely be back! -Sarah PattonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entree'True1ReviewsDined on 9/29/2013Had the pork cheeks, which were satisfying. Sweet potatoes were somewhat bland. Ordered desert (can't recall name) but it came with a vanilla wafer and the wafer tasted somewhat old as if it sat in a cupboard for a day or two. Menu's did not light up...when did that change? Lighting was ample enough to read the menu, but the menu's used to have a soft attractive glow to them which added to the ambience. Loved the bread and variations of butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honey Roasted Chicked HavenLuckyLindyDined on 9/26/2013I simply love going to Masselow's every Thursday evening. The food is great, people are friendly and professional, setting is elegant, prices are affordable, wine is great....I know that every time I dine at Masselow's that my entire experience will be just as delightful as the one before. The Duchess Potatoes and the Honey Roasted Chicken are my favorite as well as the local bottles of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nite out!LuvtotreatDined on 9/21/2013Wonderful service and exceptional dinner! Couldn't have asked for anything more! Service was exceptional and it was an unforgettable evening for our wedding anniversary! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still shockedRichardDined on 9/15/2013Took my girlfriend there for her birthday and we were both very impressed. Will defiantly be making more reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceNiteoutDined on 9/11/2013Sister ice was excellent, food was very good price was slightly high. Had some errors in packaging left overs to go but the solution was more than fair, probably for that reason alone I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Pleasant surprises.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2013This is a restaurant where the little things make a big difference. If it is a special occasion be sure to tell them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wine. Very niceRevir91Dined on 8/23/2013Excellent wine. Very nice staff. All the dishes we had were prepared perfecty but one, which was not as hot as it should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend and I had aSammyHagarDined on 8/17/2013My girlfriend and I had a wonderful dining experience at Masselow's. Jordan, our server, was very pleasant and accommodating. She even had the cook split the plates in the kitchen. We will be back! The bison and sea bass were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the quiterelaxedFoodloverDined on 8/17/2013We loved the quiterelaxed feel - not crowded and amazing smoked salmon. The steak was on par with 5 star restaurants we've eatten at. Friendly helpful staff and we made reservation for our next trip to Northern Quest. Very pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- The service was amazing asFishermanDined on 8/10/2013The service was amazing as was the ambience. However, the food was not what was expected for a highly acclaimed restaurant. My husband ordered a steak and asked that it be cooked medium well. His steak was medium rare. I ordered the pheasant and it was dry. As for the sides, the spinach was very oily which then affected the rest of the food on the plate. The mushrooms were also far too oily rendering them pretty gross. As this was my birthday dinner, planned by my husband, I have to say the food was very disappointing. I only hope that for the prices charged the chef was simply having an off night. On the plus side, my husband loved the salmon chowder and we both loved and appreciated the service given.
- Special DinnersJettDined on 8/10/2013This was our first dining experience at a 4 star restaurant. The service was exceptional and the food delicious. The little things - different butters, vanilla bean/grapefruit sorbet to cleanse the pallet were fun. Unfortunately, do to the expense, it will be an experience for only extremely special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere and the levelTigerDined on 8/8/2013Great Atmosphere and the level of service was terrific. The filet Mignon was excellent and prepared as ordered. This was my wife and I's first trip to your restaurant and we certainly will return and recommend you to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2013We went to Masselow's during our weekend adventure. We were in an extreme hurry due to other obligations and they said could accommodate us. The service was spot on and they got us in and out of there in under an hour. The food is to die for and the service staff really stepped up so we were able to enjoy our four course meal and still benefit from eating a 5 star meal. We will see you again soon. Thanks!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPickyWhenEatingOutDined on 8/3/2013Our dinner here for a special night out to celebrate a birthday with friends was perfect. Everything from the food to the service was as smooth as could be and we can't wait for another special occasion so we can return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedDerailDined on 8/3/2013Planned a day at the resort and casino which included dinner at Masselow's. the servers were all very friendly and prompt with service. The food was very tastey an hot. Had a filet that was one of the best I've ever had. The food and service was a 10. Great place for anniversary or birthday dinners. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Masselow'smwrightDined on 7/26/2013My wife and I celebrated our fifth anniversary here. Everything from the food to the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were celebrating a birthdayCredgoDined on 7/26/2013We were celebrating a birthday and attending a concert so I was looking for an above average restaurant. Looking at the menu made the decision easy. The whole experience was outstanding; from the varied menu to the excellent service. We were a large group; everyone found a dish to their liking-some had a hard time deciding because they all sounded appealing. We will definitely dine at Masselow's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined evening by other loud guestsrdsrDined on 7/23/2013We were here for a quiet evening to end our vacation. The food was delicious and the service was pretty good but we were seated next to two tables of 8 that were loud and boisterous. When being seated we asked if we could be seated somewhere else but were told nothing else was available. Breakfast the following morning in the same restaurant was quiet and peaceful, if that atmosphere had been the case the night before it probably would have been an outstanding experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, poor servicemommalDined on 7/23/2013We had reservations on a Tuesday evening. When we arrived our table was not ready so we went to the bar to have a drink. After we were seated our waitress took our order and said our bread would be arriving soon. We finished our drinks, still no bread, put our empty drinks at the end of our table to make it obvious we wanted another before someone stopped to check on us. We ordered new drinks. When our food came out we had to ask for the bread. Staff was attentive while we were eating, and then disappeared when we needed our bill. Food was excellent, service not so much, and on a Tuesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion venueMinnieDined on 7/21/2013We visited Masselow's for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary after receiving a recommendation from friends. Although we were told to order the elk steak, it was not on the menu but there were a number of other meat choices. We enjoyed our first course selections, particularly the salmon corn chowder. My pork cheeks entrée was tasty and my husband gave high marks to his medium rare bison rib eye, which was cooked perfectly. Our waiter and other staff were solicitous without hovering. The atmosphere is very private and seems equally suitable for a romantic meal or a business dinner. For parking purposes, prospective diners should note that the restaurant is located on the second floor in the hotel section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!Jmeyer619Dined on 7/20/2013I definitely see why AAA rated this restaurant so high. Amazing service and class. If you haven't tried it yet I would definitely recommend the Chilean sea bass. Even if we aren't staying at Northern Quest the next time we are in Spokane I will still book reservations for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Diamond FoundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013"Robert Rogers, Chef of Massellow's, is a bright diamond. We sampled: duck prosciutto with figs, caramelized onions, and arugula with balsamic reduction (5/5). The king crab fish and chips (4/5). Chef Rogers uses the belly meat from the king crab which is a bit chewy with a slight fishy smell. This is the sole reason we gave it the score we did. Then pork cheeks with maple & white truffle glaze, crispy outside with succulent tenderness within (5/5). Finally breast of pheasant with balsamic-berry glaze, duck bacon, scallion oil, fettuccini, seasonal vegetable (5/5). Ending with bananas fosters. We chose Schramberg blanc de blanc for the courses 1&2, Domaine Serine pinot noir for the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food EnjoymentPaytooDined on 7/18/2013Ambience was terrific as was the food. We were celebrating a marriage the nite before it was to take place. A wonderful restaurant for any occasion. Friendly and outstanding service as well as great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2013Thank you, ever so much, for the wonderful time we had. All of the people who attended were very impressed with the food, service, etc. Two of us had the Bison Rib Eye. It was wonderful!!. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- FairReviewerDined on 6/27/2013This was the second time we have eaten at Masselow's. The first experience was amazing. The second, not so much. We had an 8pm reservation and werent able to get out of there until 10pm. The cook made my husband the wrong entree, so we had to wait while they cooked him another steak....it took FOREVER!!! A couple of times we had to flag down different waiters to request another drink. They did however offer us a complimentary dessert because of the longer-than-usual wait, but by that time we were so tired (10pm), that we could barely eat it. I do have to say that the food is amazing though.Special Features: