Firefly American Bistro
22 Concord Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Firefly American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireflynh.com/
- Phone: 6039359740
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Becker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: near Elm & Lowell Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private parking (no charge) in adjacent lot available on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weeknights after 5pm. Weekday lunch: metered parking available on Concord and Vine Streets. Victory Garage (current rate- 75 cents per hour) located less than one block from restaurant entrance.
A word from Firefly American Bistro
Firefly American Bistro & Bar is a casually upscale American bistro situated in the heart of Manchester"s downtown district. Firefly embraces the concept of comfort dining by offering inspired classic American fare in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Firefly's extensive wine list, craft beer selections, and creative cocktails compliment the time-honored yet innovative creations of Chef David Becker's seasonal menus, which burst with flavors from around the world. The uptown atmosphere is accentuated by downtown hospitality and friendly, professional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firefly American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (27)romantic (26)hot spot (19)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)Show More
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/26/2014We were so excited to try this Hippo-rated restaurant and were bummed when our flight from DC was delayed by 3 hours... upon our arrival into Manchester, we immediately called to see if they could still accommodate our group of 6. Much to our surprise, the chef agreed to keep the kitchen open for us and we enjoyed an amazing meal. The service was friendly all the food was well prepared and presented, despite it being past 10pm! Highlights for appetizers were the go-go-bread and salads (house balsamic dressing rocks). We sampled a variety of excellent main courses as well. Kudos to this gem of an establishment that renews my confidence in the possibilities for well-managed dining experience which really does care about its customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good once againCindyDined on 2/23/2014This is our second trip to Firefly. We all tried something different than the first time, and once again everything was really good. I ate my whole meal (salmon and ravioli) which doesn't happen often. All four of us agreed that this place is a keeper!Special Features:
- Great eggs benedictcjb2uDined on 2/23/2014We were seated for almost 10 minutes before a waitress came to our table, and then it was only because I spoke to the host about not having had any service. However, she offered us free drinks on the house due to the acknowledged poor service so it was handled to our satisfaction. The eggs benedict were perfectly prepared with just the right amount of hollandaise and an egg with firm white but runny center. Also appreciated the good quality of the bread used as well as the ham; proportions were good, and the muffin was easy to cut through. Other people at our table had veggie omelet and a special beef dish, and both gave dishes received rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quiet!RovermanDined on 2/21/2014Perfect place for an intimate date night. Excellent drink selection including beer and wine as well as unique mixed drinks. Enjoyed a cheaper fare but the higher end dinners looked delicious and decadent. We did not try the dessert. Highly recommend for a casual night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressiveRutheDined on 2/21/2014I took my daughter here for her 18th Birthday. Our Server, Shane, was very attentive and polite. I had asked if he could put a candle in her dessert and when he served her not only was there a candle but he had arranged the dessert on a square charger with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate at the top. The food was delicious and their go-go bread is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly used to be one ofBirgsVIPDined on 2/20/2014Firefly used to be one of our favorite restaurants in Manchester but one bad experience as we had on a Thursday night has made us reluctant to want to return. The shrimp in the shrimp and scallop scampi was over-cooked and tough, and the dish just did not look inviting to eat when presented. My favorite eggplant Napoleon was also a disappointment as the parmesan crisp was far from that...very stale and definitely not just made! Again, the dish when presented did not look appealing as it had the previous times I've ordered it. Our waitress was also having a bad night and certainly was not the friendliest or most attentive. Most of our other visits have been on Sundays, so maybe we'll stick to that day in the future, if we return.
- over all very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014I found the food to be well cooked with excellent flavor for the price paid. my only negative was the cost of a martini for both my wife and myself. $13 seems a bit steepSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeKayhub14Dined on 2/16/2014Nice meal and pretty good service until the end. The waitress brought our doggie bags and dropped the check. We didn't see her anywhere for 15 minutes. Annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly V-dayTeedDined on 2/15/2014While we tend to always like this restaurant and my business even has a corporate account there, my wife and I went for Valentines day and were a little disappointed at the noise levels and the location of our table. We were sat at the back of the room right in front of the emergency exit door at a table that wasn't even level and was wobbly. The party of 4 next to us had a little too much to drink and kept going on about the cab they were trying to have come get them.Special Features:
- Firefly is a decent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Firefly is a decent place to go for the money. Its a bit mediocre for the true "foodie" but they offer some nice stuff. The server was very accommodating for being such a busy night (the night after Valentines Day). Parking is a bit of a challenge but that's pretty common for a downtown Manchester restaurant. Overall, Firefly was a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- unpleasedmarcDined on 2/14/2014I was given instant mashed potatoes with my 25 dollar meal. I will not n be eating there again.
- AmazingMollyDined on 2/14/2014Some of the best food I have ever had. My boyfriend and I came Here for valentines day. We had 8:30 reservations got in about 5 min after we checkin in. Awesome Comfy booth. I had the French onion soup and he had some sort of crab soup special. He Loved his. I think mine was probably one of the best things in the entire World. For dinner I had the chicken, pancetta, artichoke, sundries tomatos over rice Noodles with basil pesto. Again literally delicious. He had baked stuffed haddock and agreed. Expensive but worth it. I will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Valentine's Day MealJessLRDined on 2/14/2014I was able to book this restaurant the day before Valentine's Day (phew!), and had an excellent time. The food was delicious (we both had different kinds of pasta), the waitress was upbeat and friendly, helpful but not intrusive, and gave us plenty of time to lounge around digesting after our meal. The only drawback was limited parking right on the same street, but we parked in a lot a block away and there was plenty of space there. I would highly recommend this for a date or special occasion, and it was reasonably priced for the quality of food they offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day night outNHhoyaDined on 2/14/2014I was looking for a special setting to celebrate Valentine's Day and found it at Firefly American Bistro. The restaurant was filled with lots of energy when we arrived. Appreciated the off street parking lot in downtown Manchester, which has a little confusing access. Our server was very friendly and attentive, despite being busy. Wide range of menu options at pretty reasonable prices. The "Go Go bread" appetizer - garlic bread with Gorgonzola fondue lived up to its hype...yummy! The entrees arrived promptly - my steak tips were cooked perfectly and were delicious. My wife liked her fish and chips, and the homemade potato chips were a nice touch. Noise level was up, but we found it as fun not annoying. An enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Firefly American Bistro is a true gem where service comes first and the food is truly delectable. The waitress was very pleasant and was able to add insight to each dish we ordered. Her descriptions were right on par with the dish anther passion for food was very obvious in her mannerisms throughout the night. The food was prepared elegantly as always, with the plating meeting the standards of even a Michelin star chef. The French Onion soup and chicken piccata are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience but coldliseypoohDined on 2/14/2014Great experience but cold next to windows. People next to us moved because of the cold.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious. Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Consistently delicious. Food, drink and service are always on markSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere, and time!FlyinCDined on 2/7/2014We were seated as soon as our party was ready. Shawn, our waiter, was very attentive. Apps, dinner, and dessert were excellent! All around it was a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectations!!MPHMDined on 2/7/2014We had such an amazing dinner at Firefly! The menu has a decent selection but not overwhelming. The food was so delicious. The drinks were outstanding. Definitely will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service just okFirsttimer1Dined on 2/1/2014We went to Firefly for the first time on the recommendation of a friend who had been there before. The service was slow and the server was cranky. We had asked for some way to surprise one of our party for a birthday celebration in our reservation notes. That was completely ignored. When we asked about making a slight change to a menu item (switching an 6 oz file for an 8 oz), we were immediately told no, which seemed unreasonable, since both were available on the menu. The appetizers were good, but the main courses were only ok. The filet mignon was also just ok. The chef didn't get the temp correct on two of the dishes, but we didn't bother to send them back because it would have taken hours. The desserts were good.Special Features:
- The lace for a special dinnerBld100Dined on 1/31/2014Warm environment with great food, ample menu options, and outstanding service. We want for a birthday celebration and the wait staff brought ut a complimentary dessert with "happy birthday" drizzled on the plate. Wonderful touch to a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spot for dinner and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Food is good, drinks are good, our server was just ok. Not very attentive. One of the few restaurants downtown that have their own parking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Wife and I had a very enjoyabledannDined on 1/28/2014My Wife and I had a very enjoyable evening. The food was great and the wait staff attentive but not overbearing. It was a very enjoyable environment allowing us to relax and have conversation without feeling we were hurried. I plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodfarmerfoodieDined on 1/25/2014We went on a Saturday evening on one of those rare date nights without the kids. We made early reservations and things were really picking up when we left at about 6:30. Our server was attentive and informative, answering menu questions and giving us a little history of the place... But only because we asked. She wasn't pushy at all. The food was excellent. I had the bacon wrapped steak (omg yum) and my husband savored the pork tenderloin. We're dying to go back when I'm not pregnant to try some of their cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem! Amazing food and drink!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2014This place was a terrific find - a little hard to find, yet the hunt was worth it. The food was delicious, colorful, varied (we had a vegetarian in our group so the menu was varied and wonderful for her too) and flavorful! Great wine list too!Special Features:
- Good Experience as UsualDonnaAndMattDined on 1/20/2014Firefly is always a positive experience. We enjoy the ambiance and the decor. The food is very good and the weight staff treats us right, except this past time we always get a little less enthusiasm when we do not order alcoholic drinks. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findHoneydollDined on 1/17/2014My husband got the stuffed haddock & I got the grilled chicken & farfalle. Everything was delicious. Our server was pleasant & super friendly and attentive! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to amazeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014The dining experience is amazing. Every item on the menu a culinary experience. Fabulous wine list and great martini's. have been dining at fireflys since it opened. It is my go to restaurant when friends from out of town are visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diversity friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014Dined here for a first date and had a wonderful night! Our waitress was knowledgeable and friendly, the food was delicious and we felt really comfortable lingering a little and getting to know one another. Thank you for making our first date special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy birthday surprise!CindyDined on 1/5/2014We always let the birthday person pick the restaurant. Often that person plays it safe, since the other party is paying. I took a chance and chose Firefly for my birthday and it was a hit with everybody! Good food, both entree and dessert. Yummy, hot, and large cups of coffee. We weren't hurried or bothered, but got a perfect amount of attention. We will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Very good venue for a relaxed lunchmass495Dined on 1/1/2014We were welcomed by the hostess and seated promptly. Service was attentive and personal, and our server had a good sense of humor which we all appreciated. The server allowed us to take our time and get oriented w/ the menu which had a good variety of options for all of us, from light to hearty. Nice selection of beers as well. All of us in the group of 4 were pleased with the meals; eye appeal and taste. My soup of the day (mushroom cheddar ale) was excellent, as was the spinach salad w/ fried goat cheese, blackened chicken on top. Our server let us relax and chat after the meal, so it was overall a pleasant and relaxed outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!ChampDined on 12/19/2013Firefly is by far my favorite restaurant. Food is always great, atmosphere for quiet dining and cocktails that there is none to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsMingDingDined on 12/14/2013While the food was excellent,the mirin glazed tuna and bokchoy were awesome, I was disappointed for my husband. I chose this establishment for our anniversary dinner because the online menu showed prime rib as an option for my husband who is a meat & potatoes guy, and his favorite is prime rib. It was not a menu option when we were there. In addition, I requested a quiet, intimate booth for a romantic anniversary dinner when I made the reservation. We were seated in a booth in the bar area. Noisy, TVs, not exactly what we were thinking of.Special Features:
- Great Night on the town!JoanneDined on 12/14/2013We had a very good experience again. We are becoming frequent fliers and would recommend Firefly to anyone, for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On our first time at fFrefly,JnmiVIPDined on 11/30/2013On our first time at fFrefly, it was a very great meal.. The food was excellent and the whole overall experience was very nice.Special Features:
- Nice lunchGeoffDined on 11/25/2013Found this in searching the web for a restaurant in Manchester approximate for a client lunch. Pleasant staff, and nice restaurant set up. Menu was great, and some fun specials. Definitely will return next time I'm in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FF reviewicepicDined on 11/24/2013I had made reservation on Open Table. We were greeted pleasantly, and seated promptly. The seating was comfortable and clean. Our wait person was friendly and very helpful and handled our needs without hovering. The food was excellent and very timely and the menu was varied enough for our party of 4. I would recommend this establishment and will return when in the area again.Special Features:
- Nice celebration locationJoyceeDined on 11/21/2013Celebrating my daughters 27th birthday. The perfect spot. Comfortable and relaxing. The waitress was pleasant and efficient. Food was hot, served on time and yummy. They offered a complimentary dessert, presented very nicely, for the birthday girl! We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!HJP6780Dined on 11/17/2013I've never had anything less than a great meal and a great experience at Fireflys! A must visit. Best lamb shank you will find.Special Features:
- always goodsailorgirlDined on 11/17/2013we were going to an event at the Verizon and left 1.5 hrs for dinner (no dessert)- just right. Overall everyone enjoyed their food but mine was not up to par. I got the chicken picatta which had lots of capers (my favorite) but no lemon flavor- I was disappointed. It seemed more like gravy. Otherwise everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.