One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn
One Dock Square
Kennebunkport, ME 04043Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.onedock.com/
- Phone: 2079672621x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 Nights per week. Monday-Saturday 5:30-9:00pm, Sunday 3:00-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Phil Reid
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the Pub 7 nights a week from 7:30pm til 11pm. Patio entertainment Sunday's 4:30-7:30
A word from One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn
One Dock offers creative, contemporary New England cuisine and traditional Maine favorites in a casual, relaxed setting overlooking the Kennebunk River. Recognizing that Maine is home to some of the world’s best produce, seafood, and meats, our Executive Chef Phil Reid starts with the freshest local and regional ingredients to create his menu. Offering a mix of classic Maine cuisine like baked haddock and steamed lobster, plus an array of newer dishes that start with classic Maine fare then “amp” up the flavors with Asian- and Spanish-inspired spices and accompaniments, our menu has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
One Dock At The Kennebunkport Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (16)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- A great lobster dinnerNPW1VIPDined on 6/25/2013We wanted a great lobster dinner in Maine and we found one at One Dock! Our wait staff was kind and efficient!Special Features:
- Utter disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2013My husband & I travelled from Cincinnati to Maine for our 40th wedding anniversary. We made dinner reservations @ Kennebunkport Inn based on Open Table reservations despite several negative comments. When we arrived at the hostess station we were greeted rudely. Then we were seated at a very tiny table in the lounge/ bar area very close to several other restaurant patrons. It was very noisy because it was adjoined to the bar area. Between the crowded lounge area and the very loud obnoxious music in the bar we couldn't hear one another speak from across the table. We had ordered cocktails & when they were brought to our table we asked if we could be moved & were told there was no more room & the couple next to us had requested to move.
- Good FoodLobsterLarryDined on 6/14/2013Great tasting food, dinning room is a little cramped. Be prepared to sit very close to another couple if it is just the two of you. Food was outstanding. Little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/8/2013The atmosphere and service are spot on, very charming and cozy but still current and trendy in the right style. Food was good, not stellar and a bit overpriced for the menu, but a really nice option for local type food a bit elevated.Special Features:
- Always love One Dock-we areGailVIPDined on 6/7/2013Always love One Dock-we are lucky to have this in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDiningDiva1VIPDined on 5/29/2013We had heard about One Dock as part of a group of other good dining places but were greatly disappointed. The food was standard and not that great. We would not recommend this restaurant since there are many others that have great food and for the same price range.
- Expected Much MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013It wasn't terrible ... but we all left expecting much much more of this place. The atmosphere was nice and our waitress accommodating and knowledgeable, but otherwise everything pretty much fell flat. We were two couples who while not gourmands do dine out frequently, are adventurous eaters and comfortable in the kitchen. My wife's "seared" scallops came out crusty and burned to a crisp, the "blueberry buckle with creme fraiche ice cream" appeared to be a store bought muffin sliced in half, spread with frozen blueberries and topped with a tiny dollop of almost-frozen sour cream - definitely underwhelmed. My Statler chicken and our Mediterranean flatbread app were the highlights. For the price, there are better choices in Kennebunk/port.
- Other than the place beingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Other than the place being a tad small it is worth it. The chef was amazing waitress was great and overall experience was great. I recommend taking someone you'd like to spoil there or just some great food.Special Features:
- Great food; Great Staff; GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Great food; Great Staff; Great Decor; Live Music in Bar;Special Features:
- The staff was friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The staff was friendly and helpful. Food was served in a timely, efficient manner. My only complaint is the price. I ordered the risotto and that is precisely what I got, for $24.00, Nothing came with it. While it was good, it was lonely! My husband had the filet mignon, which was delicious and very tender, though the Brussels spouts were like rocks. It cost the two of us $91. with tip and we just felt it wasn't worth the money. We were seated by a large party.....very noisy..... and asked to be moved, and the staff very graciously moved us to a quieter place. Loved Michelle Currie at the piano bar, though the room has terrible acoustics. She is superb. We'd go hear her again for sure, but will only order drinks or dessert.Special Features:
- Good but FastsweetstffDined on 3/9/2013Everything was very good but we felt a tad rushed. We had drinks, soup and an entree all in just about 1 hour. Wish it was paced a little slower so we could enjoy the beautiful decor of the restaurant.
- Food and presentation wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Food and presentation was outstanding Service was very good although we waited for desert for almost 20 minutes not the waitstaff issue, it was a kitchen issue and our waitress was very apologetic We were served complimentary champagne as I was celebrating my birthday, very nice touch Did not like the proximity of the seating. Tables were so close the waitress had to squeeze between or lean over tables... Could not have a private conversation because of this and felt very crowded and uncomfortable...Special Features:
- Very nice experienceKitKDined on 3/2/2013When I made the reservation I didn't know it was "Restaurant Week", which I usually avoid because places can be different than their usual reputation. This experience was wonderful!!! We were welcomed promptly, seated, and served so pleasantly that we had no idea we were even there for three hours (a combination of our slow decision-making and a leisurely kitchen and, yes, we tipped liberally for the pleasure). Both the regular and Restaurant Week menus were interesting; the service relaxed, friendly, and helpful; and the table nicely situated for people wanting to talk. We have already made plans to return with other friends we think will enjoy it.
- Food was decent, nothing toAnonDined on 2/21/2013Food was decent, nothing to write home about. Service was OK, not great, considering only 2/3 parties in restaurant. Ambience missing, perhaps due to noisy bar next door. Just OK, wouldn't return considering the price.
- Liked the atmosphere and theArloDined on 2/17/2013Liked the atmosphere and the food, but the tables for two were crowded together- barely enough space to walk sideways between, so little privacy for a nice meal, especially considering the price range.Special Features:
- our first time there, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013our first time there, and we loved it! i wish we could spend more time in kennebunkport so we could dine at one dock more often!!!Special Features:
- bar service was fine, onlyhappyVIPDined on 2/13/2013bar service was fine, only one small bit of beef in the "beef" stew, restaurant was empty and still the service was unattentive
- We had a wonderful meal!KennebunkDinerVIPDined on 2/6/2013We had a wonderful meal! It was a quiet mid-week night in mid-Winter. Sitting by the fire made it relaxing, the service and food made it memorable. My wife loved the swordfish special and my short ribs were excellent. A must-try when you are in the area.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful birthday dinnerJTCTOWNDined on 12/28/2012Had a wonderful birthday dinner at One Dock. The restaurant is very warm and comfortable with a fireplace and beautiful decor. The service was outstanding. Steak was cooked to perfection and far better than any of the pricey steakhouses in Boston. Had considered dining at another restaurant in the area and so glad we decided on One Dock. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/12/2012Excellent food in a lovely setting. Service was outstanding. Would certainly return or recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Too CloseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Our party of four were in Kennybunkport for the Prelude. I realize that due to the Prelude there were more people than usual. The seating where we were seated was very close. The people next to us were extremely loud. After they left our experience was better. The food was good but I expected it to be more due to Gordon Ramsey's praise. Overall our experience was good and would dine there again.Special Features:
- Our evening was great! VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012Our evening was great! Very warmly welcomed and seated by hostess and a wonderful, gracious server. Excellent cocktails and the "lazy lobster" was sublime.Special Features:
- Second time and just as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012Second time and just as good as the last! Highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Solid Choice in Kennebunkport!ZimmyVIPDined on 11/10/2012Amidst the very average seafood havens on the Kennebunkport scene, One Dock was a pleasant surprise. The food was quite good, the drinks were well made, and the price point for both was appropriate for a finer dining establishment. We will return on our next trip to KB.
- We always love the Kport InnGailVIPDined on 10/27/2012We always love the Kport Inn - food is excellent, staff is so nice and attentive and there is a nice mix of small plates and beautiful entrees. We had a wonderful French Chardonnay recommended to us and was on special - really great!Special Features:
- A forgettable dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2012One Dock wasn't bad, but it was unexceptional. Maybe OK for the captive audience of the Inn, but certainly not worth going out of your way for. The place is nicely decorated and comfortable, and the food was OK, but the atmosphere in the dining room left a lot to be desired. There was a cacophony of noise - one kind of music in the dining room, music & noise drifting in from the bar, plus clanking of plates and such from the kitchen entrance between the two. On the plus side, service was considerate and reasonably attentive. Overall, the experience just didn't live up to the $140 (+tip) tab for dinner for two.
- the One Dock is a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012the One Dock is a very good spot. The quality and preparation of the food was excellent as well as the service. Our waitress could not have been better. I would highly recommend both the Kennybunkport Inn and the restaurant. Also, happy hour at the bar is a deal as well.......well worth the take.Special Features:
- Loved our Meal at One DockOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012We had a wonderful dinner at One Dock. The food was delicious and our server was very friendly and attentive, but not at all in our way. The restaurant is lovely and it's a very pleasant and relaxing environment for a wonderful meal. We look forward to visiting again on our next trip to Kennebunk!Special Features:
- Ticks all the boxes!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Really lovely decor,and setting,with very comfortable seats. Very classy.The outdoor dining deck with the real effect fire was special, and great for a romantic snuggle under the stars! Very friendly staff,and the menu seem to cover for everyone's tastes. The food was very well cooked and presented,the portion size was just right. The bar area was buzzing,with a great atmosphere. We would love to return one day.Special Features:
- We had a lovely evening andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012We had a lovely evening and a great server. Fine dining. The new decor is wonderful!Special Features:
- Chef Ramsey's recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2012Chef Ramsey's recommendation is timeless -- the lobster fettuccine remains an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- A nice upscale place for aJerryDined on 9/11/2012A nice upscale place for a good meal in the center of Kennebunkport.Special Features:
- Anniversary MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2012Server was attentive and knowledgable about the menu items. Food was beautifully cooked and presented. Great location, great food. Fair price.Special Features:
- We liked it. However, evenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012We liked it. However, even though we made a reservation, they put us in the bar area and we did not realize at that time that they actually had a main dining room until someone else came in and was seated in the bar area as well. They made a fuss and then they seated them in the main dining area. We did not say anything because we had actually finished up at that time and besides the service was great.Special Features:
- The ambiance with the outdoordtavyDined on 9/2/2012The ambiance with the outdoor music was a great bonus and I found the prices to be very reasonable. Oh, did I say that the food was scumptious? One of the finest dining experiences in a long while. I have already recommended One Dock to a friend as a can't miss when visiting KportSpecial Features:
- We had a great dinner at OneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012We had a great dinner at One Dock. My crab cakes were tender and mostly crab. They tasted fresh and delicate. My lobster fettuccine was rich and delicious. My husband raved about his clam chowder and salmon. The standout for my daughter was the blueberry cobbler. Service was very attentive. The decor is fun a quirky.Special Features:
- Great renovation. Loved theDD1026VIPDined on 8/30/2012Great renovation. Loved the new chairs. so compfy.Special Features:
- Don't order the filetOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2012Had ginger mint mojitos (excellent), Appetizers: mussels(very tasty/large portion!!) and cheese plate(very good). Wife had lobster mac and cheese(excellent), I had filet -worst I have ever tasted for 3 reaons: 1) the cut of meat was NOT filet. It was the in the shape/size of a soft ball - like a hunk off a roast (not filet cut); 2)consistency and texture of an over cooked dry roast beef; 3) the taste of the meat had a burned taste(not as in char-grilled meat but as in ashes). Informed waiter and he very quickly brought a new filet. This time it was a filet/better cut but by no means high quality, had same burnt taste. My guess is mushroom sauce was burnt. Was not charged for filet. Would rate excellent except for filet.Special Features:
- Ecellent food with a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/30/2012Ecellent food with a great outdoor are for food and drinksSpecial Features:
- The bar area was really fun,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012The bar area was really fun, the restauarant space much more subdued. Next time I would choose a table in the bar area (live music) assuming I had the same menu choices. The service was great; the food was tasty ( steaks and salad), drinks just right!Special Features: