15 Beacon St.
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mooorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6176702515
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 am – 10:30 am Monday – Friday
8:00 am - 11:00 am Saturday
Brunch: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Sunday Only
Lunch: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday –Friday
Dinner: 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm Sunday–Thursday
5:30 pm – 10:30 pm Friday –Saturday
Bar Menu: 11:30 am – 10:30 pm Sunday –Thursday
11:30 am – 11:00 pm Friday AND Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hutton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Beacon Hill, adjacent to the State House and minutes from downtown Boston, Mooo Restaurant within the XV Beacon Hotel exude modern elegance while maintaining traditional sophistication. Our various and unique private dining options offer ample opportunity for all events. The Mooo experience is completed with our outstanding menu and renowned wine list.
The Wine Cellar, our historic private dining room boasts a renovated Italian Mosaic from 500 AD, double vaulted ceilings that are highlighted by hundreds of bottles of wine that line the walls. The cellar comfortably accommodates up to 50 guests for a seated event and 75 guests for a reception.
The Parlor Suites at the XV Beacon Hotel and Mooo can host 12 guests for a seated event. The Parlor Suites’ refined elegance is perfect for any private event or meeting.
For more information or to book an event please contact Ms. Christian Heydt at 617-670-7525 or email@example.com
A word from Mooo
Chef David Hutton offers a modern steakhouse with a warm décor and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere, including a full bar and award-winning wine list. Open seven days a week. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Mooo reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)romantic (98)fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (34)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (22)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I had a wonderful brunch experiencekcmickeyVIPDined on 6/15/2008I had a wonderful brunch experience this past Sunday. Everything was great and my friend also really enjoyed it. We will definitely go there again and will recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:
- The food was okay but notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2008The food was okay but not great. For example, in the scallops entree (which the server recommended), the scallops themselves were very good but the accompanying pasta was chewy and heavy, and was stiff like it had been sitting out for a while after it was cooked. None of my guests liked the steak tartare appetizer - that one was a real disappointment. The service was excellent, however, and the ambiance was nice.
- the best dinner i had in boston.ShaneDined on 6/8/2008the best dinner i had in boston. service and ambiance were excellent and the food and wine/drinks were superb. i would highly recommend.Special Features:
- excellent service. very impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008excellent service. very impressive menu. the food was amazing, yet the steak (rib eye) was not the best ever. Price was very good for what we ordered. (no wine) Definitely for those looking for a romantic eveningSpecial Features:
- During lunch time, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2008During lunch time, service should have been speedy, considering we were just one of two tables in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2008Food was very good. Service could have been a bit better. I explained it was a business lunch and they gave us a great location but was a little too aloof... we had to get up and find the waiter. Not a big deal but it was akward. Also, the bill was wrong.... but that could happen anywhere. I would definitely go back....Special Features:
- We eat at all the best restaurants,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2008We eat at all the best restaurants, mainly in the south end, and decided to venture across town to try Mooo. We started off by being very disappointed in the service from the beginning, when we wanted help choosing a wine. the sommelier had the night off, and no one else knew much about the wine, which is ridiculous when you have such an incredible cellar. Many restaurants have very knowledgeable wait staff re: wines, including Sorellina, Union and others. the waiter continued to disappoint, the meal was fine but was typical of steak house- no better or worse than Abe and Louis, Grill 23, etc. So for the price- and the lackluster performance- we would never come back. However, the bar after dinner was fab- bartender and drinks!Special Features:
- the food was mediocre notFrenchtulipDined on 5/28/2008the food was mediocre not what i expected for the price. service very attentive at first then dropped off when it got busy i wouldn't recommend it for any special occassion.
- The food was good, but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2008The food was good, but overpriced. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- I went to Mooo for a specialBCELFVIPDined on 5/23/2008I went to Mooo for a special lunch and there was no one to greet us when we arrived. Another couple was waiting as well. Finally a waitperson saw us and took us to our table. I had wanted a private table and requested it on Open table and was seated next to a business meeting! A guy's cell phone went off our entire lunch. Food was good, but not to die for. Drinks were the best part of the meal. I was dissapointed and felt very under served for the cost of the meal. I may go back for a drink at the bar, but not to eat. Would not recommend and people ask me for recommendations at least once a week!Special Features:
- Moooo, Had a very good dinner. WoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2008Moooo, Had a very good dinner. Would go back. Place was packed for a Monday. rickSpecial Features:
- Pretty quiet during lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008Pretty quiet during lunch, so it was tough to opine on the ambiance and atmosphere. I'm sure it has a different feel at night. The food was great and our waiter was very friendly and very attentive. They made that extra effort such as suggesting alternatives if they didn't have the drinks we ordered. Plan to go back for dinner.
- The service was exceptionallyjudyDined on 5/15/2008The service was exceptionally friendly and gracious. The food was excellent. We will return!
- The food was good, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2008The food was good, however, given the price I expected the food to be spectacular. At least a few wines should be offered at prices below $100. The service was the only thing outstandng about the restaurant.
- The filet was amazing - tenderOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/14/2008The filet was amazing - tender and juicy. The mac & cheese was a disappointment - it had already cooled off by the time it arrived at our table. Kobe dumplings definitely a must!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the entire diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2008We enjoyed the entire dining experience. With exception to one thing! The server---his facial expressions revealed he was rather disappointed we only ordered wine by the glass with how dinner. Sorry---but we were not on expense account! Overall it was a great dinner and we will most likely return. Thanks, KCKSpecial Features:
- A restaurant this expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008A restaurant this expensive should have truly outstanding food and outstanding service. Food was very good (not outstanding) but the service was not very attentive.Special Features:
- Mooo is fun, although someRichardLDined on 5/11/2008Mooo is fun, although some of the brunch dishes were better than others. The mushroom frittata is plain, and some of the dishes were a bit heavy on the salt. The desserts were fantastic, particularly the chocolate cake. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Mark our waiter was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008Mark our waiter was very good. The kitchen got confused on 2 of our 3 dishes and brought out the incorrect one. There were many apologies and Mark was great.Special Features:
- I did not recieve dining pointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2008I did not recieve dining points for this restaurant. Please let me know if this can be fixed.Special Features:
- This dinner was a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/9/2008This dinner was a special night out for my 30th birthday. We had a 9:30 reservation, but unfortunately, my navigation system had us driving all around Boston and the surrounding neighborhoods. I called Mooo twice to let them know we'd be late and to make sure it was OK. We arrived at 10:15 and were told that they wouldn't be able to honor Open Table points. At that point I didn't care, I was just happy to be there. The experience wasn't enjoyable though. Our waiter seemed distracted. Our appetizers were fair. My husband ordered a rare New York Sirlon for dinner, but received one that was medium-well. My halibut was fare. We didn't bother with desert. We were disappointed with the Mooo experience overall.
- We waited for 30 minutes forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2008We waited for 30 minutes for our hamburgers - was then told it took a while because one of us had asked for it well done. It does not take 30 minutes to cook a burger well done. Mine was to be rare, but was more like medium with a too well done outside. Will not go back.
- Beautiful wine cellar availableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2008Beautiful wine cellar available for private groups.Special Features:
- it was amazing, even thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008it was amazing, even though a little expensive. one of the servers spilled wine on me and they all managed to get me cleaned up and said that they will take care of the dry cleaner bill (we ll see about that) and gave us a lot of complements in the house, food was unbelievable, im from argentina and the steak was as good as the best places down there.Special Features:
- Mooo was very good and weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2008Mooo was very good and we enjoyed our dinner. The decor was really beautiful and they had an excellent wine list. The only disappointment was in the dessert -- carrot cake. Not incredibly flavorful. Overall, I would recommend this to foodies.Special Features:
- Outstanding food! Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/26/2008Outstanding food! Great atmosphere and comfortable seating.
- My brother got terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2008My brother got terrible food poisoning on his birthday. He was Ill for 24 hours. He had the beef carpaccio. The food would have been great had he not gotten sick.
- The food was absolutely delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008The food was absolutely delicious. Excellent service. Courses were spread out so that we were able to truly enjoy each and were not too full by the time we received our main courses.Special Features:
- The wine list is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2008The wine list is excellent and the Somallier was extremely helpful. That having been said, you might want to consider adding a few more "affordable" bottles to your selection. I was a little embarrassed that my guests did not care for the wine that she recommended. That having been said, our server, Mark, was hands down one of the best waiters I have ever experienced. He was professional, courteous, knowledgeable and extremely pleasant. I would honestly recommend the restaurant and return for Mark's services alone! He really is a fabulous asset to your organization. Oh, and your pear martini is pretty spectacular, as well!Special Features:
- Server (Hugo) was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/14/2008Server (Hugo) was very good - the second time we had him, both for special occaisions (birthday and anniversary). Both times I requested candles or some recognition of the event with dessert when I made the Opentable reservation, and the restaurant accomodated us both times - a good sign, since not all restaurants seem to read the special requests.Special Features:
- They seated us 35 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/12/2008They seated us 35 minutes after our reservation time, but made up for it with complimentary tuna tartare appetizers - a very classy act which we greatly appreciated. Loved the food, scene and service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Ther service was awful....allOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2008Ther service was awful....all the way from hostess, to getting a glass of wine while we waiting for our table, to the waiter, to the valet (who we could not find when we were done). All of this and we spent $500+ for dinner for 4...not worth it.
- awesome place, excellent staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2008awesome place, excellent staff, very modern and contemporary.Special Features:
- Try the basked of pastriesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2008Try the basked of pastries at brunch- they come our warm and are delicious. Bar looks like it would be a great after work spotSpecial Features:
- Just outstanding.... Waiter,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2008Just outstanding.... Waiter, Chef, Gen. Manager and staff went out of their way to stop by and introduce themselves. The fish soup is a must! My client and his wife thought this place was the best ever in the entire city of Boston. This is a "must stop" if you're visting or a native of Boston. I will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent -- from the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2008Excellent -- from the time we were greeted at the door until the time we left. Everyone was just great...equal to the caliber of the food. Cheers.Special Features:
- Like the name implies, MoooOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/1/2008Like the name implies, Mooo is about beef. And everything we had, from steaks to kobe beef dumplings was delicious and cooked to perfection. If you're serious about steak Mooo is a great choice. The only criticism I have with the restaurant is I couldn't make a reservation between for 7:00 or 8:00. We eventually made one for 9:00 on a Tuesday night, but the restaurant was literally half empty when we got there -- at 8:40.Special Features:
- Mooo is very expensive, butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2008Mooo is very expensive, but the food is truly great and I liked that it was working till late on Saturday. The service is always friendly and courteous, and overall it is an excellent restaurant. I will come back.Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2008We loved this restaurant. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent. We plan to come back soon with the rest of our family! Thanks, Moo!Special Features:
- The unusual variety of steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/29/2008The unusual variety of steaks offered by Mooo, and the staff's willingness to assist by describing all the nuances associated with each, made our dining experience truly memorable! The Alaska King Crab Louis appetizer and the truffle parmesan fries, were especially delightful - a real find on Beacon Hill! The only complaint we had was our difficulty in reading the wine list and menu due to the restaurant's dim lighting.Special Features: