15 Beacon St.
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mooorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6176702515
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 am – 10:30 am Monday – Friday
8:00 am - 11:00 am Saturday
Brunch: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Sunday Only
Lunch: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday –Friday
Dinner: 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm Sunday–Thursday
5:30 pm – 10:30 pm Friday –Saturday
Bar Menu: 11:30 am – 10:30 pm Sunday –Thursday
11:30 am – 11:00 pm Friday AND Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hutton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Beacon Hill, adjacent to the State House and minutes from downtown Boston, Mooo Restaurant within the XV Beacon Hotel exude modern elegance while maintaining traditional sophistication. Our various and unique private dining options offer ample opportunity for all events. The Mooo experience is completed with our outstanding menu and renowned wine list.
The Wine Cellar, our historic private dining room boasts a renovated Italian Mosaic from 500 AD, double vaulted ceilings that are highlighted by hundreds of bottles of wine that line the walls. The cellar comfortably accommodates up to 50 guests for a seated event and 75 guests for a reception.
The Parlor Suites at the XV Beacon Hotel and Mooo can host 12 guests for a seated event. The Parlor Suites’ refined elegance is perfect for any private event or meeting.
For more information or to book an event please contact Ms. Christian Heydt at 617-670-7525 or email@example.com
A word from Mooo
Chef David Hutton offers a modern steakhouse with a warm décor and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere, including a full bar and award-winning wine list. Open seven days a week. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Mooo reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)romantic (99)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (74)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (22)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I'm still dreaming in steakkitkatDined on 5/26/2014As a relatively recent steak eater, I don't have much to compare Mooo to.... But if I did, I'm sure Mooo would come out on top every time. I was virtually transported to another world when I tasted the Filet Mignon (8 oz, medium rare). It was cooked to absolute perfection. The Napa Cellars cabernet sauvignon was a beautiful wine, which complemented the chocolate cake for dessert perfectly. David was a fantastic server who answered all our questions and was sweet mannered. I could not have hoped for a better meal to celebrate my anniversary. Well worth the price. Thank you, Mooo....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/25/2014Came for dinner on a Sunday evening with my daughter. We had the carpaccio for our appetizer - delicious. We each ordered the 9oz fillet. They were both grilled to perfection. Who knew bone marrow butter was so good?!? We still ordered bearnaise which was exquisite, but the butter alone might have been enough. We tried the Mooo...Side Flight and recommend it. You get 4 smaller servings of mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, truffles fries and sautéed mushrooms. Not a fan of spinach, but the others were tasty and a fun way to enjoy multiple sides. Of course, we ordered way too much food, but what remained packaged up nicely and will make another delicious meal.Special Features:
- monalisaVIPDined on 5/24/2014dinner was amazing....server was rude and unprofessional.
- The following 1655 reviews are from the Mooo reviews archive.
- Great special occasion diningGMJJDined on 5/24/2014A bit too dark, but nice atmosphere. Definitely not for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nooo to MoooVVH1Dined on 5/23/2014I was quite disappointed. The am ience was lacking, the acoustics were horrible and the food was only mediocre. I felt that there was too much emphasis on trying to be eclectic and my palate was assaulted by too many herbs and spices that did not complement each other. It was a caucophy of aromatics. I enjoyed the quality of the filet I ordered but everything else left much to be desired. I would not visit this restaurant again. Additionally the noise level was so high, and it was after 10 pm, that I could not hear my date nor could I hear the wait staff when they came to the table.Special Features:
- Great Overall, Pricey Wine List!!JohnTDined on 5/23/2014Actually, OVERpricey wine list--food is good and worth the value for a solid steak place BUT the wine list KILLS YOU---to get a nice bottle plan on 75 MINIMUM and more like 85-100....nice wines but totally marked up---as long as you are OK with this, this place is great....btw, Kyle the bartender is one of the coolest dudes I've met in a long time (rare for these types of places)--get a drink from him and if you're lucky, he may tell you a bit about himself....Special Features:
- Elegant setting, great steaksMYC808Dined on 5/18/2014Thoroughly enjoyed Mooo for our family graduation dinner. Excellent steaks cooked perfectly and a delicious assortment of side dishes. Our party each ordered a different steak and all were delicious and served sizzling hot. The marrow butter was a delicious accompaniment - no extra sauces needed, though a variety offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GORGEOUS placeButterfleyeVIPDined on 5/18/2014We went for a graduation brunch - and had heard wonderful things. And while the service was a bit lax (even in a seemingly empty restaurant), the food was very good, and the actual restaurant is gorgeous. There was live music, which we didn't mind because the 2-person group was actually a nice compliment to the meal, though that may not be for everyone. Portions were generous, but on the expensive side, which you almost expect if you're going to lunch in Beacon Hill. Really, our only complaint (if any) was the service - the hosts seemed a bit cold, and a little snooty, and the waiter didn't seem particularly happy to be at work on a beautiful sunday afternoon - but apart from that, we really enjoyed the variety of options we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Always AmazingdruboyleVIPDined on 5/17/2014Mooo is consistently the finest restaurant in the city. Sure you can pay a boat load of cash to have the finest steaks just about anywhere, but the service is what sets them apart. If you have a special occasion to celebrate (this was my graduation from law school), trust that their staff will take care of you. I can't always afford to dine at such fine establishments, but at least with Mooo I feel as though my dollars are well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston Law Graduation Dinner 2014lawgrad2014Dined on 5/17/2014My daughter Chaloea M. Williams and her guests love Mooo!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/16/2014We were celebrating college graduation and were not disappointed. We were there for lunch and wanted more than a casual lunch. We had an excellent experience. The food, wine, service was all right on for a fabulous and special lunch celebration. Great ambience.Special Features:
- Steak BLTamonymousVIPDined on 5/16/2014If service was better, it would've been a great lunch. A 20 minute wait to put in our food order is much too long on a weekday. We were attended to by the hostess and busboys more than our waiter. On the bright side, my steak tenderloin BLT sandwich was massive and delicious. I packed up 1/2 and accidentally left it in my friend's car - unfortunate for me but lucky for her. She warmed it on her panini press the next day and enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Amazing Dinner!FrancieDined on 5/11/2014We had never been to Moo before and went for a celebration dinner for our daughter's graduation. Everything about the evening was PERFECT. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the food was absolutely delicious! We ordered the calamari which was probably the best I have ever tasted. In addition, the Kobe dumplings were equally as good. The steaks were all cooked perfectly, I had the beef wellington which was to die for! It was large enough for lunch the next day and just as good the second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mother to brunch and we had such a great experience. The food and the staff were very pleasant and professional. I will be visiting again soon.Special Features:
- The best beef you'll ever eatPennsylvaniaDinerDined on 5/10/2014We had heard this place was good, and it was spectacular. The food is amazing; simply the best beef we've ever had. They do have other items on the menu, but beef and steak is their specialty. It is expensive, but worth every penny. Simply amazing. I would not recommend for young children; teenagers would be fine. This is a gem in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014So good, bread is too die for. Kobe dumplings were amazing. Id go again sit at the bar and get cheaper items that's im sure are excellent. Service was a little slow, and it wwasn't packed. Espensive but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014My wife and I went here before going to a show downtown. The food was excellent and the staff was prompt without being over bearing. All the food was excellent, though the quality is reflected in the cost. Well worth the money and we plan to go back next time we are in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner OutapinciaroVIPDined on 5/5/2014It was my boyfriends 29th birthday and I wanted to bring him to a good steakhouse, not a chain like Flemings, Smith & Wollensky ect. I work front desk at DoubleTree- Downtown l and I remember a guest from Texas telling me he had the best steak ever at Mooo. Since then wanted to try it out. Our waiter was very personable, we had a lot of fun with him and knowledgeable of the menu. The ambience is perfect, I loved how it was not stuffy and decor is a 10! Between starting with the oysters, a delmonico, fliet and sides of mac n cheese and fries (calories were not being counted) we walked away very happy with all choices! I will absolutely be back and continue to send guests! Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- AwesomeJettDined on 5/3/2014The service was great. The food was amazing. If your looking for good steak or shrimp scampi you got it. Worth every penny. The people were so polite. My first time in Boston and it was great.Love the pictures of the cows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful NightInfromtheburbsVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was outstanding, the server was engaging and helpful with recommendations from the menu without being pushy, and the wine list had the right mix of wines at various price points. My only negative would be that with many of the tables, even the booths, you are sitting quite close to the people next to you; very few tables have any measure of privacy. Fortunately in our case, they were able to relocate us to a quite table in the back. All in all a wonderful night. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Holy Cow!!JaguarDined on 5/3/2014Steak seems to be the name of the game here. I opted for aged rib-eye. It's expensive but well worth it. It is served with bone marrow butter and I had "exotic" mushrooms on the side. The steak was big and juicy - it was like cutting butter! The place is a bit noisy, but it is, after all, a steak house! Not for everyday dining and not for those who are worried about their cholesterol levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great food, bad service. Our party of 11 (with a 5:30 reservation) was rushed through our meal to the point they didn't bring two of the apps we ordered.
- Graduation DinnerDtkell2Dined on 5/1/20143 out if the 4 of us in the party were amazed at all food and how well everything was cooked and tasted. Unfortunately one of the rib eyes was very tough and the 4th person in our party could not eat it. The waiter didn't come back over after our meal was served until he brought the check over, so he didn't have time to even order something else. The filet 2 of us had was OUT OF THIS WORLD delicious along with the truffle fries and bone marrow butter. I will definitely be back just to order that filet again. Great dinner, if only the ribeye turned out a little better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SteakJdubbs23Dined on 4/30/2014Had the filet and it was perfect medium rare. Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Too priceyJhc3VIPDined on 4/30/2014The menu here is that of the usual steakhouse, but with a 20% surcharge for its apparently being "cool" or perhaps well-located. It is presumably independently owned, but the Morton's and other alternatives provide both an experience and food at least as good. If you are unthinkingly prejudiced against them and have cash to burn, go to Mooo.
- great reputation poorly cooked mealJohnnymalVIPDined on 4/27/2014This place has a great reputation and I've had great meals here but I brought a table of four here recently and two of our medium rare steaks came out medium. Service was a bit slow also. Seemed like we were being taken seriously likely because even though we were dining on a corporate card, we were all relatively young and somewhat casually dressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchgarypDined on 4/27/2014the food and service was excellent and I could cutt the steak with a fork. outstanding and i will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply greatUndraftUDined on 4/25/2014Went to Moo on a whim (though been meaning to try it) and was thoroughly impressed. Started with Iceberg wedge which was traditional and delicious. The bread they serve is not to be missed - it is so very good! I had the Steak Frites and my wife had the Cornish Game Hen - both were outstanding but the game hen really stood out; lots of flavor. The option of a side "flight" was priced reasonably and generously sized. They also have a $25 per person price fixe menu for lunch Mon-Fri that looked like an amazing dealSpecial Features:
- MoooslowDined on 4/23/2014Nice lunch with colleagues at Mooo. there was something for everyone. The name suggests steak but the seafood and salads were very good. Lunch prices are affordable for the area.Special Features:
- Excellent meals but at a price!26pt2runnerVIPDined on 4/21/2014We dined the evening after I ran Boston, so flavors often seem off to me. But not the steak - we each had the 8 oz filet, and the flavor, tenderness and preparation are what any good steak centered restaurant should be capable of. Like those other establishments, MOOO is an ala carte experience and although portions are to share, they are still quite pricy and given the whole, I'm not sure that a well-prepared steak is so clever or brilliantly imagined to deserve the high prices. Our meals added up to $238.00 with two glasses (each) of mid-priced wine and no dessert. We had far more creative meals while in Boston; with amazing confluences of flavors and textures to savor at half the price. Not a unique thought but it's my reality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I visited Mooo for Easter Brunch, and it was outstanding. The food was so great, and there were so many choices! Unfortunately I live out of town, but will definitely visit Mooo again whenever I come back to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 4/19/2014We ate ate Mooo to celebrate our anniversary. We were offered a table with arm chairs because we were there to celebrate a special occasion. It was very private and comfortable! I had a tuna tartare appetizer which was delicious, and my husband ordered a chopped salad which was lovely. For our entrees, my husband got a grass fed sirloin which he liked very much. I ordered the special of the evening which was a bone in sirloin. His steak cost $45, and mine cost $65. It was tasty, but definitely not special enough to justify that very high price! For dessert, I had mint chip and banana ice creams, and my husband ordered blood orange and lemon sorbets. All of these home made ice creams and sorbets were fabulous!Special Features:
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2014Went for dinner prior to a show at the Opera House. First time here after hearing great reviews. Was impressed overall. Hostess and backwaiter were great. Server was ok. Bill total did not reflect level of service from the server. Will be back! Hopefully can sit at a little more appealing table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServicenorthshoredinerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Overall, the food at Mooo was good. We were a party of four with an 8:00 reservation. We arrived early and were seated immediately. The atmosphere is a little stuffy, but kind of expected for that type of restaurant. Each couple ordered a salad and was able to share. Entrees were good as were the sides. However, I'm not quite sure what was up with our server, but there was certainly at lot to be desired. He had absolutely no personality whatsoever. I don't need a server to be my new best friend, but a little bit of conversation is expected. On top of that, I felt as though we were being rushed and, when you're paying over a $100/person, I think they should let you enjoy your dinner and drinks and the company you are with.Special Features:
- Best steakplaceDKLKDined on 4/12/2014This is the best steak place in Boston, period! Amazing food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steakhouse weird waiting staffMrApril12Dined on 4/12/2014Mooo... was able to accommodate the request I put on OpenTable to an extent. They gave us a quiet corner table, but definitely not the nicest one that was obviously available at the time. The waiter that served us was a little weird with his demeanor. Very strict on ID when we tried to order pairing wine; He wouldn't accept any form out out-of-state ID (I only had an ID from my country and did not have my passport on me). Rack of lamb and beef wellington were delicious! Hostesses were flexible, very welcoming, and checked in multiple times throughout to make sure we are enjoying the evening. I might go back for brunch, but there are other restaurants that are on par in terms of food and have better waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mooo, has some of the bestcmurphy62668Dined on 4/12/2014Mooo, has some of the best service in b0ston. The food was exellent and the servers were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Table Servicembg41Dined on 4/11/2014Took my team there for lunch to celebrate a landmark event. Food was great and service was outstanding. The meal was a little slow so plan on spending some time there. if you go for lunch. We were there an hour and a half and we just began a dessert service. Had to get it to go to get back to the office.Special Features:
- I was disappointed with myPickyEaterDined on 4/9/2014I was disappointed with my steak lunch. It's a steak place and my steak was not great.
- Good brunchkeithmVIPDined on 4/6/2014You place your order from a menu, as opposed to a buffet style brunch.Food was good but not outstanding. The homemade Sausage & Beef Hash were excellent as was the Belgium Waffle. Sides were good,but not excellent. Service started out very spotty & slow. We think someone complained to the Maitre D, as he took over some of the tasks. No, they were not that crowded. Service picked up rapidly & was fine after that. We feel the server was spoken to & he kicked into high gear. We feel the prices are a little high for the quality, but it was trying out. Personally, we love the brunch at the Taj on the roof top. About twice the price, but much more variety & you can eat as much as you want.(for all you power eaters out there!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.