15 Beacon St.
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mooorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6176702515
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 am – 10:30 am Monday – Friday
8:00 am - 11:00 am Saturday
Brunch: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Sunday Only
Lunch: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday –Friday
Dinner: 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm Sunday–Thursday
5:30 pm – 10:30 pm Friday –Saturday
Bar Menu: 11:30 am – 10:30 pm Sunday –Thursday
11:30 am – 11:00 pm Friday AND Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hutton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Beacon Hill, adjacent to the State House and minutes from downtown Boston, Mooo Restaurant within the XV Beacon Hotel exude modern elegance while maintaining traditional sophistication. Our various and unique private dining options offer ample opportunity for all events. The Mooo experience is completed with our outstanding menu and renowned wine list.
The Wine Cellar, our historic private dining room boasts a renovated Italian Mosaic from 500 AD, double vaulted ceilings that are highlighted by hundreds of bottles of wine that line the walls. The cellar comfortably accommodates up to 50 guests for a seated event and 75 guests for a reception.
The Parlor Suites at the XV Beacon Hotel and Mooo can host 12 guests for a seated event. The Parlor Suites’ refined elegance is perfect for any private event or meeting.
For more information or to book an event please contact Ms. Christian Heydt at 617-670-7525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Mooo
Chef David Hutton offers a modern steakhouse with a warm décor and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere, including a full bar and award-winning wine list. Open seven days a week. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Mooo reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)fit for foodies (100)romantic (99)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)hot spot (22)great for brunch (20)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- A Locals FavoriteTravldinerDined on 8/9/2014A must if your looking for a great steak in Boston. This place was a recommendation from a Bostonian we met earlier in the day. A first class place, with first class food. The atmosphere is upscale without the arrogance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst steakhouse experience everDaveDined on 8/8/2014The waiter was rude and he me messed up our steaks. Why would someone come to your super expensive steakhouse and order medium-well steak? Seriously? I can understand that everyone makes mistakes. But his attitude afterwards was beyond tolerable and made me feel like that I should be the one feeling sorry to cause him the trouble. No compensation, no apology. Finally, when the new steaks came out, my folks and I had lost our appetite and one of the steaks was still closer to medium-well and the other one is closer to rare. What a great quality control on a so-called high-end upscale steakhouse? I am paying several hundreds of dollars for such insulting dining experience? I will take my money elsewhere to Capital and Fleming’s next time.
- MoooChefkevDined on 8/3/2014Incredible service, the manager Chris was incredible and the waiter Jeffery above and beyond with exceptional knowledge of wine and food. Food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place for steakyakimaniacDined on 8/3/2014Went to Mooo with a friend for a steak dinner and it lived up to my expectations. It's a bit fancy for my taste, but you cannot fault the menu or the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly seasoned...HapaLatinaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Cornish game hen was amazing! Glad we both didn't get steaks. Lobster bisque was also great. Chef perfectly seasoned everything... I have never thought that before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent experience, but not greatfrankcDined on 8/3/2014Took my daughter, son and uncle to dinner Sunday evening. Let me say the steaks were wonderful. I had the strip steak with peppercorn sauce and loved it. My Uncle enjoyed his Delmonico. My son had the wienerschnitzel and it was wonderful, although I would have preferred a fried egg on top versus a sliced hard-boiled egg. My daughter’s salmon was OK. She didn’t eat the vegetables because they were too hard, no really hard. All of the sides were wonderful. The bananas foster was great - big enough to share. Service was a bit tough. Perhaps they were short of staff? We did feel abandoned at times. Also, the restaurant could use some freshening up.Special Features:
- Top notchFoodforceVIPDined on 8/3/2014Highest recommendation. Everything was great, food, service, ambiance. Not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LydaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful meal and ambiance. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 8/1/2014We had a fabulous meal and a great waiter. The only thing that marred the experience was our seating. There were plenty of open tables where they could have seated the two of us but we were put in the middle of a row of tables, already filled, one seat on a bench. This put us in very close proximity of tables on either side of us. Fine if it was crowded but there were other options for us to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency, quality, & deliciousHardToPleaseDined on 8/1/2014I hadn't been to Mooo's in over 5 years and my wife had always wanted to go there for dinner based on my high praises. The return visit did not disappoint as the food, service, and overall experience was indeed 5 star. Our waiter, Hector, paid special attention to every detail making recommendations that best suited our particular taste. We had the 8 oz filet and the 12 oz prime sirloin (cooked perfectly) with the bone marrow butter that is beyond perfection. The panko parmesan crusted onion rings were as good as dessert. Creamed spinach and dinner rolls with salt and lightly buttered rounded out a wonderful evening for 2. Moos will not disappoint and well worth the price.Special Features:
- Late lunchRiccardoVIPDined on 7/30/2014My wife & I work in town so I asked her for a lunch date. We tried Mooo and it was perfect. I went for the fixed price lunch. Lobster Bisque was AMAZING and the salmon was great! We were so full we decided to take the 3rd course (chocolate cake) home and have it with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014Ordered a filet and the beef wellington and both were fantastic - cooked perfectly. Vegetable sides were very good. Caesar salad and heirloom tomatoes were also very good. Had the lemon pie for dessert. Service was outstanding. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningdinnerclubDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I enjoyed a celebratory meal that could not be beat. The food, service, presentation, service, wine etc. were all flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/24/2014Surprisingly our waiter was not very friendly but provided professional service. the bread server/helper was superb and gave us a detailed description of how our marrow butter was prepared. He should have been our waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerhaparepsDined on 7/24/2014The calimari was fantastic. And for a seafood-eating Newporter, I feel I have a certain amount of ocean cred. Perfect amount of taste and no marinara. Just peppers. Delicious. I ordered the large $50.00 filet. I asked for it medium. I'd say it came out extra well. At that point, I probably should sent it back. But, having a great client discussion, I didn't want to do the whole, "no you go ahead and eat" thing while I chewed the ice in my drink. Plus, I'm a 'bacon extra crispy type' so I dove in. Just a bit too dry. Thankfully, I ordered a side of bernaise which saved the day. The staff was great. Very attentive, friendly, and gracious. Was just hoping to come on here and do cartwheels about my steak.
- Moooo....MurtiDined on 7/22/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had and I have been to all of the famous steak houses in NYC and this place is up to far and worth the hype!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSteak1Dined on 7/20/2014The best fillet mignon ever. Their version of beef Wellington is creative and savory. Impeccable interior design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2014Lobster omelette was spectacular. The banana bread complimentary was a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchNinaLVIPDined on 7/20/2014It was a pleasure to enjoy a leisurely brunch on a Sunday morning. The food was outstanding. Jeff Mercer was a wonderful server. Charming, knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- torleafanDined on 7/17/2014Wonderful dining experience. Service/wait staff were incredibly courteous. Food was delectable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and mealcreeves84Dined on 7/15/2014I'm not a person that leaves feedback normally- but this place deserves it! The moment that I arrived I was greeted with great service and felt like a valued customer. The steaks are great- perfectly done- attentive service (but not over done) and I thought reasonable price points for the city and quality. Watch the desert for two-its more like a desert for four. It was wonderful and I can't say enough good things about this spot.Special Features:
- Great service and food!Aeg2Dined on 7/14/2014We got referred by our concierge to Mooo and it was wonderful! Great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meat the expectationsjohnVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've heard so much about Mooo that we decided to try it before the theatre. We arrived early and were seated reasonable quick considering the place was empty. The service was generally attentive without being pushy. We found the selection of apps & sides to be adequate although the broiled oysters did not come out hot. The steaks, one filet and one sirloin were "ok" nothing to write home about AT ALL. In general, nothing was properly seasoned. everything needed salt and pepper (which no one offered to provide). hence the self service pepper mill on the table i guess. I honestly have to day for a $250 dinner for two, my money would have been much better spent at Capital Grill, Ruth's Chris or even Abe & Louis.
- Mooo....DarkigodDined on 7/9/2014Excellent service, huge wine list. Great steaks! Better than some of the "BIG" name steak houses, but always good to support local businesses.Special Features:
- Amazing food (you pay for it!)LiveToEatDined on 7/9/2014The food here was fantastic. The steak was done to perfection and the Beef Wellington was rich, satisfying, and cooked to order (no small task!). I'd recommend ordering one side dish for every two people (especially if you want an appetizer and/or dessert). The bone marrow appetizer felt a bit confused (well, maybe it was just me!): there was more breaded topping than marrow, and it was served alongside more bread, a thick (tasty!) wine reduction, and all atop a pile of salt. We'd have preferred a simpler dish focused more on the marrow, but it was delicious once we figured it all out! Service was phenomenal and ambiance/food make this the perfect spot for a romantic special occasion.Special Features:
- Dining @ mooYumyumDined on 7/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, foods was outstanding, fresh & very high quality. Knowledgeable staff. Interesting menu.Special Features:
- best meal I've ever hadCindyDined on 7/7/2014This place was fantastic! Ordered bone marrow app and baked lobster. Out of the world! All of us had wonderful creative fresh food. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014The staff at Mooo got us seated earlier than our reservation (after the show we saw got out early). They accomodated my every request, including menus without prices to make my parents more comfortable. They were helpful and acccomodating but did not hover. Damon and Carlos did a great job with our service. Every dish we had was great, but the chilled shrimp, New York Strip, Bananas Foster and the Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble were certainly the stars of the evening. We had a wonderful evening and will certainly return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014I ordered my fillet well-done which I know is frowned upon, however, the chef manage to deliver a tender piece of meat. I will definitely return to Mooo.Special Features:
- What a wonderful find! Love it.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Wow--what a wonderful find! It is now one of my favorite restaurants. Here's why: The ambiance is very relaxing, the chairs are very comfortable and have high backs, and the reception is very friendly and pleasant. The service was excellent, and the food was absolutely delicious! It was beautifully presented and the quantity was perfect. We had the Kobe dumplings and sirloin carpaccio for appetizers and the kale salad and Vermont salad as entrees. Because we had plans right after dinner, we couldn't eat a big meal, otherwise I would have tried one of the delicious sounding steaks on the menu. Next time, which will hopefully be very soon. I definitely recommend Mooo without hesitation and can't wait to go back myself!Special Features:
- Great foodCharlestownJoVIPDined on 6/29/2014We tried Mooo for the first time on Sunday for Brunch. Previous reviews where very complimentary about the quality of cooking and service. I have to say the food was excellent, my only comment was the Corned beef hash was very wet, unlike any I have tried before in that it lacked the intensity of being fried, there was a lot of stock. The corned beef it self was tasty. Not a complaint as the every Chef has the right to but their own interpretation to a dish , even a classic one as this. The service attentive and very pleasant. The bill was great value even with the 5 Mimosa's ( very refreshing) The live music was just right. My wife and I decided we would go back for dinner soon Excellent, high recommend this Restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014Food was great and the lunch special menu was Awesome! I would go again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favorite spot!JonPVIPDined on 6/25/2014This may be my 5th or 6th time at Mooo... This time around it was for my 30th birthday and my girlfriend took me for dinner. As always the service was excellent and the food was superb. Each experience at Mooo... gets better and better and it was an outstanding dinner. Can't wait until the next time!Special Features:
- Steaks & AppsRonPogiDined on 6/16/2014One of the best steak restaurants in town. I tried the prime dry aged ribeye and it didn't disappoint. The spicy and sweet calamari is so heavenly. The staff are so nice and very helpful. A little noisy but not bothersome. I expected it because there were so many people dining and having good conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kidragtimeDined on 6/15/2014Steaks were decent, but not outstanding. Since this is part of the XV Beacon Hotel, they really need to offer a kid's menu. Service was acceptable, and overall we had a pleasant experience.
- Mother-In-Law ApprovedBeenBunzDined on 6/15/2014My mother-in-law is extremely picky with food/service. But you know what!?!?!?!? She loved it or specifically she loved the Lobster Omlette. Must order!!! She couldn't stop raving about how much lobster you get. She finally gave in and spoke about how calm and relaxing and elegant the place looked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BrunchSteelMagnoliaDined on 6/15/2014I decided to take a group here as a last minute Father's Day celebration. The food was fabulous, with rave reviews for the lobster omelet. The wait staff was friendly and attentive and the live music added a touch of elegance. Although we found the noise level to be higher than expected, we enjoyed the experience. I can't wait to come backSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant!FoodLoverDined on 6/13/2014The service was the best I have had at a restaurant in a long time!! Super friendly and knowledgable staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichVIPDined on 6/13/2014Ventures into the Beacon Hill area on the recommendation of the hotel concierge. Went for fixed-price lunch and, my goodness, what a pleasant surprise! All three courses were delicious and artistically presented - - - at the unbelievable price of $25. Service as benchmark quality. Ambiance - subdued elegance.Special Features:
- Great Food, Ok ServiceBosfoodDined on 6/12/2014I had eaten lunch with a couple of people at Mooo before this large (10-person) dinner and had no issues with the service. At dinner, while the food, particularly the beef of various cuts, was excellent and commented excessively on by my guests, they also commented that our wait staff was a bit unfocused and missed a lot of attempts to get their attention for little things. As well, the staff did not explain certain unique items, such as the marrow-garlic-butter that was served with some of the dishes. I wish my comments could have all been as positive as about the quality of the food. Maybe next time.Special Features: