Cantina Laredo - Orlando
8245 W Sandlake Rd
Orlando, FL 34819Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: 4073450186
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 3-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering available. Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for up to 30 guests. Restaurant buyout available. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nate Graves 4073450186
A word from Cantina Laredo - Orlando
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer happy hour from 4-7 and 9-cl M-F and 11-5 on Saturday. Our new bar menu will blow your taste buds away. Traditional dishes with a mexican twist. All are half off at the bar during happy hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Mexican Food in Contempory settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013First visit and what a great find. The mahi mahi fish tacos were generously filled with fish. The tortillas were with perfect with melted cheese. There were sides of cilantro rice and beans. A mole enchilada was filled tender chicken and the sauce was flavorful but not overpowering. Desert big enough for two was a chocolate walnut brownie (more like a very heavy cake) served with 2 scoops of ice cream on a sizzling plate. Then a sweet creamy sauce is poured over it and the smell is wonderful.Special Features:
- Queso Laredo, beef tacos,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/20/2013Queso Laredo, beef tacos, tamale, chicken enchilada- it was all excellent. The Mexican brownie was decadently chocolaty. The cheese chile relleno was the best I've ever had (including when I visited New Mexico). The pomegranate margarita was delicious- not too sweet. I've also had the spinach enchilada and liked it very much. The two salsas offered with chips were great. The only complaint we had was my husband thought his berry mojito and Patron margarita were a little two sweet for our tastes. This is top-notch Mexican food. The courtyard and fountain outside is very nice (although the fountain is a bit loud).Special Features:
- Just barely averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2013If you promote yourself as an upscale Mexican restaurant you should, at the very least, make your own margarita mix and tortillas. The margaritas were stale tasting and the tortillas were flabby. The fish in my "Signature Dish" fish taco was almost non-existent. The onions and meat in the fajitas were not caramelized. The mole sauced enchiladas were good; but the portion was quite small. The chips and salsas were very good, the rice and beans were good, and the patio area and fountain looked like a great place to sit. The decor inside was neutral and nice. Our server kept interrupting us to try to clear plates when we weren't ready, rushed us to pay the check when I was still eating, then ignored us when he had other tables.Special Features:
- I enjoy this upscale MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I enjoy this upscale Mexican chain. THis location in particular has a very nice ambiance. Must try the guacamole. Excellent and fresh. If you are looking for food with a Mexican flair, but not just taco's and burritos, this is a great choice.Special Features:
- Good food & drinksMsLindzyDined on 12/31/2012The chips and tableside guacamole are to die for. Definitely recommend that as an appetizer! Margaritas are very good as well. They've changed their menu and don't offer as many vegetarian options as in the past (currently there are on 2 listed) but I'm sure you get something customized by the chef if you ask! One of the best Mexican restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Love this place!TPuckensVIPDined on 12/26/2012My wife and I go here a lot. It's close to home, has consistently great Mexican food, and a wait staff that cares about good service. The manager always stops at our table to ask how they are doing. I highly recommend the guacamole app made table side. And the carnitas dinner is fabulous!Special Features:
- Not my first time at thisLive2EatDined on 12/21/2012Not my first time at this restaurant. It was good, but it didn't seem AS GOOD as it had been previously. Service was OK, not stellar and they were not busy for lunch.Special Features:
- We were there on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2012We were there on a Sunday night so it was on the quieter side. Our group enjoyed the food and the margaritas!Special Features:
- The most beautiful and bestByKarenVIPDined on 11/10/2012The most beautiful and best tasting Mexican food I have ever had. Two thumbs up for the Cantina!Special Features:
- Great Mexican food with friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012Great Mexican food with friendly & prompt service. It was quiet on the particular Friday evening we visited, which in Dr. Phillips (Restaurant Row) worried us a bit. That worry was soon put to rest as we really enjoyed an execellent meal (wonderful tableside made guacamole) and service that was stellar. Everyone really enjoyed their entree. Will definitely return again when in town.
- NicelocalDined on 10/28/2012Service was excellent; we dined inside as Frankenstorm had recently passed Florida and made for very chilly evenings. I chose our table next to the fireplace. The table side guacamole was very good, the chicken tacos were excellent, and we shared a mulit-platter of a steak enchilada, a chicken enchilada, a tamale, and a chile relleno. Very filling for 2 persons (who eat normal portions), with leftovers. We'll return when in the mood for sit-down service Mexican. The dessert options looked good, but we were too full to order dessert.
- Delicious Mexican foodCherylLDined on 10/13/2012The food at Cantina Loredo was delicious. Make sure to order the made at table side guacamole! Quite possibly the best I've ever tasted! Our server, Isaiah was awesome, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Our meals were fresh and flavorful with just the perfect portions. There is a beautiful outdoor seating area with a fountain and a large bar with a huge wine menu! I will come here each time I travel to Orlando! Don't miss this one!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012Service was fine, but the food was average at best. It's always disappointing when one goes out to dinner for a special occasion and discover you cook much better at home! We will not be back.
- Best Mexican food around!TPuckensVIPDined on 10/6/2012We have been here many times and always enjoy returning. The margaritas are phenomenal. The food is consistently great. Try te table side guacamole as it is outstanding. The service is always very good. The prices are reasonable. One of our favorite neighborhood spots!Special Features:
- More upscale Mexican foodtennisdr99VIPDined on 9/30/2012More upscale Mexican food - pretty good. They try to please.Special Features:
- Sat outside near the beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2012Sat outside near the beautiful courtyard and fountain. It was the perfect place for food and ambiance. Service was iffy, but I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The server we had was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012The server we had was good and very attentive once she made it to our table. It took over five minutes before we were greated. Our food was luke warm when it came out.
- Great food and fantastic drinks,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2012Great food and fantastic drinks, what more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Can pleasantry offset good service?JeanetteDined on 8/4/2012We usually dine in the Winter Park area and we looked forward to dining on Restaurant Row. We had a reservation and probably did not need one. Our dinner comp[any arrived late and this really confused the host stand.The bartender recommended a margarita. The drink was tasty but almost too sweet. The margarita I had at the bar was much better than the watered-down margarita served at the dinner table.Once seated, our server was able to make some recommendations. The ceviche had lots of flavor but the seafood was in large cuts; I wondered if the line cooks were to tired to slice or dice. The carne asada pleased the table. The server was friendly. However the service fell short. We needed to ask, repeatedly, for napkins, drink refills.
- Good for large groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2012I went with a group of 19 people. They put us up in our own room, which was really nice. Service was a little on the slow side, which was OK this time because we wanted time to chat, but don't go there if you're in a hurry. The waiters were all friendly and pleasant. The guacamole was made right in front of us and was very good. The rest of the food was OK, but nothing special. The place itself is ample, classy and beautifully decorated.Special Features:
- The food was delicious upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012The food was delicious upscale mexican. I especially loved the top shelf guacamole that is made at the table.Special Features:
- From the valet attendant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012From the valet attendant, to the wait staff and manager, everyone was very pleasant. Had wonderful food and GREAT Margaritas!! It was a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Fun relaxing place! ServersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2012Fun relaxing place! Servers are fun and eager to serve. Avocado dip freshly made awesome! Happy Hour worth getting there early to take advantage of..try the Mango Margarita! Fajitas were excellent...will have to return to try other items!Special Features:
- Amazing Margaritas!SuchafoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2012Great service! Good Food! Drinks are better than food! Fun atmosphere and excellent customer service!Special Features:
- This was our second visit.nanaDined on 6/17/2012This was our second visit. Just as memorable as the first. Excellent wait staff,exceptional food. Cannot wait to come back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,TitaDined on 6/17/2012Excellent food and service, we took my husband for Father's Day Dinner everything from the moment that we arrived to when we left was just fabulous. Highly recommend it for family dinners and special occasions.Special Features:
- Food aand service not consistant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012Food aand service not consistant, it varies according to who is working in the kitchen or serving. This restaturant was much better when first opened and we really had many enoyable dinners there but this last one was not worth it.Special Features:
- Great tex-mex...somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012Great tex-mex...something that Orlando has little of. Wish there was one on the north side of the city.Special Features:
- We were excited about theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012We were excited about the table side Guacamole but it was way too sallty. Could't eat it. Food very disappointing for an upscale Mexican restaurant. Our local Mexican restaurant is way better at half the price.
- Best Mexican in Orlando byOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/4/2012Best Mexican in Orlando by far. Worth the travel from Downtown Disney or Downtown Orlando. Outstanding margaritas and fresh, perfectly prepared food with warm staff. A homerun!Special Features:
- What a great place. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012What a great place. Food was perfect. Service was amazing. Please dont just take my word. If you like mexican you will love this place.Special Features:
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2012The service was outstanding and the food was fresh and authentic. Best margaritas in Orlando.Special Features:
- The restaurant staff was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012The restaurant staff was very good with the exception of our waitress. I was called to verify my needs before arriving by the flower deliverer and the restaurant. The food was good. I can't wait to try the rest of it.Special Features:
- Needs AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/28/2012I am a fan of Cantina Laredo in Palm Beach Gardens -- their bar area is actually preferred seating for dinner. The Dellagio location lacks personality & the lighting is very bright -- polar opposite of the dimly lit, ambient vibe you get at the PBG location. Fiesta Fajitas were good - quail & pork the standouts. Margaritas were soso. We had a new server, so it wasn't streamlined but still we got what we ordered. I's say a B+Special Features:
- Authentic Mexican cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2012Authentic Mexican cuisine prepared from scratch using fresh ingredients in a very timely manner. Our waiter was not only friendly and courteous, but was able to sense what we were in the mood for and made some terrific suggestions. Great place for a first date. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We had an outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012We had an outstanding meal at Cantina Laredo. The service and food were excellent- even on a bustling Saturday night. The shrimp fajitas and margaritas were awesome! Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hats off to cantina laredo.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Hats off to cantina laredo. What a great dinning exparience. The salsa was amazing and food was really authentic mexican. The guacamole was out of this world. I must mention the staff. My wife has a food alergy. The chef actually took the time to come and talk to my wife about the menu and offer some suggestons. That was service. They were very busy. One of the many reasons they will have a guest for life. Thank you cantina. You are a diamond in the industry.Special Features:
- Not just dinner, a true dinning expOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2012WOW is the only words that come to mind. I was just looking for some good mexican and what I found was extraodinary. The food is just the tip of the iceberg. My server Jon Ann, was the best I have ever had. Talk about never going without. Really a gem in the food indusrty. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left I really felt like they cared about me. Even the manager was genuine in asking me about my experience. 2 thumbs up from me and my wife. Cantina you really do it up right. Thank you and I will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant. If youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Amazing restaurant. If you want some really great food and great service. Look no further.Special Features:
- Truly enjoyed our visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2012Truly enjoyed our visit to Cantina Laredo in Orlando as we celebrated our wedding anniversary. Their dishes are full of flavor and the ambiance inviting for families, couples, or group. The service was outstanding and having reservations ahead of time, made the whole experience a delightful one. Would visit again once we are back in Orlando.Special Features: