Cantina Laredo - Orlando
8245 W Sandlake Rd
Orlando, FL 34819Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: 4073450186
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 3-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering available. Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for up to 30 guests. Restaurant buyout available. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nate Graves 4073450186
A word from Cantina Laredo - Orlando
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer happy hour from 4-7 and 9-cl M-F and 11-5 on Saturday. Our new bar menu will blow your taste buds away. Traditional dishes with a mexican twist. All are half off at the bar during happy hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great place,good foodSandyDined on 1/11/2014The food was good, the staff was friendly My server was the best, great attitude, friendly, Knows the menu, over all my experience was Excellent. I will be back sooner than later. This Is not my first time and will not be my last. Thank you for a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor parkingRaySDined on 1/10/2014Took quite a while to find parking spot. Otherwise great experience. DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor is bland and cafeteria styleDoctorDined on 12/29/2013The food was good overall, service low to fair, decor is terrible.
- Satisfies a craving for good TexMexOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/28/2013In terms of decor, the restaurant doesn't have much personality, but the booths are cozy, and the magaritas, tacos and fajitas are very tasty. Great little neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedAlbertDined on 12/15/2013The decor is not what you would expect in a Mexican restaurant. And the food even less. The decor is classy with a hint of Mexican and the food is delicious and a contemporary version of what would be Mexican. The services was good. The night my family was there it was too cold to sit outside but the area would have been very charming. The fountain outside is beautiful and a great picture backdrop. Dessert was fabulous. The brownie was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty unimpressiveJDM225VIPDined on 12/14/2013Rudest valet person ever but we shook it off and started over. The restaurant looks plain. They are going for a sort of contemporary minimalist look. Our server was good which came to be the only real above average thing about Cantina Laredo. After an extensive chat with her about the various margaritas & our desire for the best/ top shelf tequila, a very average (at best) drink appeared. The suggested tableside guacamole was not very flavorful or impressive at all. It needed spices of some kind despite having their "secret" ingredient. The salsas and chips were good. Our carne asada & carnitas pork shanks were better, but still mildly flavored. At every turn we were left disappointed. Not bad but not good either. We just won't be back.
- Delicious and Fun!LauraVIPDined on 12/7/2013Met with friends for dinner and had delicious food! Our waitress was a bit energetic and took some plates away at the wrong time...etc. She needs to be more in sync with our patrons! But she definitely tried!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2013Margaritas need a lot of improvement and some of the food,Special Features:
- Perfect all aroundRalphieHDined on 11/9/2013From the guacamole made tableside appetizer thru the mango tres leches dessert all was fantastic. This was an excellent dinning experience for all 4 of us and we can't wait til we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated a birthday event.pabneyDined on 10/29/2013We celebrated a birthday event. The service was exceptional and the food of high quality with great presentation. Our seat outdoors was perfect! The fountain and quiet surroundings provided great ambience. We will attend again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShirishShirishDined on 10/9/2013Great for quiet and peaceful atmosphere. The food and service was great. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- somewhat disappointedBilly525VIPDined on 9/21/2013Having dined at Cantina Laredo in the Dallas area for years, I was excited to find one in the Orlando area. HUGE difference. Everything was "fair." That's about as good as I can put it. Not great. Not bad. Just fair. Nothing exceptional, unfortunately.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLoveMexicanFoodDined on 9/17/2013We went on a slow night, not many patrons. The food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013It was my daughter sweet 16 and I wanted to do something special plus have enough room to invite family & friends. Originally this was going to be about 5-7 people but last minute changed to about 15. The restaurant was wonderful regarding the change and put us in a private room! My daughter was so surprised! The food was amazing, service spectacular and our waiter, Andy, was absolutely the best!! Would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the Orlando area! We're already making plans to go back next month for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina Laredo = Cantina LoserOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013The Cantina has fallen in all measurable standards since we were last there. simply not good and not worth the price.
- Good food... Mexican with a twist.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013Very enjoyable dinner. Would recommend if you're in the mood for something different. Make room for dessert... the brownie and apple pie options are incredible! :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant surpriseAJandfamilyDined on 7/6/2013From the valet parking to the meal itself, we found this restaurant to be a lucky find. The food was wonderful and the staff was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. They also have a kids menu sure to please the pickiest kids. We only wish they were located in Maryland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plentiful Amount of Tasty FoodTMKPVBVIPDined on 6/22/2013The food was yummy and the service was lovely. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Upscaled On the Border, Great TacosdennisthefoodieDined on 6/21/2013If you are looking for great inbetween Tex-Mex and authentic Mexican, Cantina Laredo is the spot. It is neccesary to state that the service was on-point for all the times dined at (been to restaurant 2 times). Props to the waiters/waitresses there. The food was good (Tacos al Pastor and Carne Asada). The Tacos al Pastor was good, but not as great as the first time here. The Carne Asada was spectcular and on-point; interesting note that the meat was bedded on top of the chimichurri sauce. The rice/beans that the taco/carne came with can use some improvement; but does not take away from the meal. The ambience, style and design of the restaurants is great; each factor compliments each other to produce an energtic and lively environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBHbtsbDined on 6/10/2013We've been looking for a good Mexican resturant since we moved to Orlando. We've finally found one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GuacjackDined on 5/24/2013Guacamole was out of this world. Service was excellent...if having drinks, be there at happy hour. Otherwise, are quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to ModerateLaraDined on 5/19/2013In a strip mall so can be a little difficult to find. We sat outside next to the fountain which was very pretty and large! We were sat outside at our request but the hostess forgot to tell our waiter so we were there for 20 minutes before my husband went in to see what was going on. She was very apologetic though and so was the waiter. My husband and I had the beef fajita nachos which unlike what I was used to, came as individual chips with cheddar instead of the white cheese and had beans as well as the steak, pepper and onion. They were actually pretty good but be aware because it is different then anyone else does and there's no way to tell from the description. Free chips and salsa were very good and overall ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- Great option for Mexican in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013I kept coming across the same few Mexican recommendations on TripAdvisor & had decided on one of them when my husband said he'd check Open Table. That's when we saw Cantina Laredo & luckily they had reservations available for that same night. So glad we found this place! The restaurant is big so can accommodate lots of people at once but there are plenty of servers so service wasn't an issue. All of our dishes were delicious as were the chips & salsa that are replaced continuously unless you say stop! I have a picky 9-yr old who enjoyed his generous portion of "Mexican" chicken fingers as well! Would recommend if looking for a decent Mexican place while in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time. Appetizers especiallyFLTravelsVIPDined on 4/26/2013Great time. Appetizers especially Fajita Nachos are fantastic. Excellent Tequilla selectionsSpecial Features:
- Cantina LaredoSteelmanDined on 4/25/2013Cantina Laredo has the closest tasting food to traditional Tex-Mex found in Texas that we have been able to find in Florida. The salsas (two types both served upon arriving) are unique and very good. The food is billed as gourmet Mexican by the restaurant, but I'd still call it Tex-Mex and not mean it in a derogatory manner. The prices are high for this type of food but not out of line with restaurants in the Dr. Phillips area. We will definitely be back and recommend it to anyone seeking good Tex-Mex food in Florida.Special Features:
- A little more expensive thanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013A little more expensive than it should be for tacos.
- We all enjoyed our entrees!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/8/2013We all enjoyed our entrees! And the made at the table guacamole is excellent!Special Features:
- Cantina Laredo is a favoriteLeslieVIPDined on 4/3/2013Cantina Laredo is a favorite of ours for mexican food. They always do a great job!Special Features:
- When this restaurant firstGr8FoodVIPDined on 3/31/2013When this restaurant first opened, everything was excellent. Unfortunately, the quality of the food and the attention to detail during food preparation have declined over time.
- We were visiting Orlando theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2013We were visiting Orlando the second week of March and Cantina Laredo was recomended to us and we were not disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cantina LaredoCherylLDined on 3/9/2013We love Cantina Laredo. It can be romantic or you can take the kids. The food is fresh, perfect portions and we loved the roaming mariachi band. This is a great place with good food and decent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013What a great surprise it was on this visit to find the staff so accommodating to our group. As with any group there are those that join late and the staff was not pushy to seat us or make us wait. They were just relaxed and did what we wanted. It made our birthday gathering a huge success. Thank you to the staff!Special Features:
- Nice evening with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Tableside prep of guacamole was nicely done and taste was superior. Bar drinks are strong and the mojitos are superior (not too sweet as most are around here). We sampled several dishes and were pleased with all of them, my particular favorite being the enchiladas de mole. Dishes were not as spicy as I've had in South Texas and Mexico, but authentic enough and to be expected in a tourist area. The Mole' sauce was well prepared and quite good. We had a party of four and desired good food and service in a nice quiet setting for conversation with friends. We were not disappointed. We found this gem after leaving a nearby establishment for more appropriate atmosphere (other place was too loud for conversation).Special Features:
- We'll Be Back Again and AgainBeckyDined on 2/18/2013Each of us ordered a different dish (there were 5 of us), and we all felt that the food was wonderful. Great flavors. Somewhat unexpected sides that were really wonderful.Special Features:
- This location has some issues.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/17/2013This location has some issues. We have this in our home town and the food is good. This food was bad. It took over an hour to get over cooked fish tacos. The service was awful, the waiter disappeared for 20-30 min at a time.
- Good mexican.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013The steak my husband ordered got to the table at the wrong temperature but beside that everything was good. Service a little slow but there was a lot of ppl so understandable. They set us close to the windows in the back and it was really cold so we asked to be moved and they put us right away close to the fireplace. Very nice. Overall good mexican food.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Love this place. Orlando or Jacksonville you can't go wrong. The food is outstanding. Atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- Food was prepared well andexroadwarriorDined on 2/14/2013Food was prepared well and arrived at the table hot. The waiter knew the menu well and suggested a plain sounding desert that turned out to be a production of table preparation of a piece of apple pie. We would definitely go back there. The only downside is the close proximity to Disney and the presence of noisy children always seems to be an issue at this otherwise classy adult restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome fresh Mex!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/11/2013Wonderful fresh mex! Really unique options and flavors like avocado and artichoke on a bed of spinach enchilada or mango and chicken ensalada. Would recommend this place without hesitation!
- We went there with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/2/2013We went there with a group of 14. The manager was VERY accommodating and the service was great. Everyone received their food at the same time, water and drinks were refilled quickly and food was excellent. With such a large group, sometimes restaurants have poor service but this one was great.Special Features: