Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant
1000 Elm St
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.washingtonplatform.com/
- Phone: 5134210110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Jon V. Diebold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday & Friday evenings. Second Sunday Jazz Buffet
A word from Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant
Home of Cincinnati's Original Annual Oyster Festival. Enjoy fantastic homemade appetizers, soups, sandwiches, entrees, and desserts, in a renovated, turn-of-the-"20th" century saloon. Continental fare and fresh seafood (A Platform specialty!)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (17)late-night find (15)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)romantic (7)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OysterFestFiftyFiftyDined on 4/26/2014Made reservations through OpenTable for Saturday at 7PM for four. We got there 15 minutes early and had to wait an additional 15 to be seated because they over booked. After being seated we waited another 10 minutes until we could tackle a server to order drinks. The staff was stretched thin and the kitchen was slow due to the overbooking. The food was good and we made the best of it but if you are on a schedule for the Pops or CSO skip this one.
- bountiful buffetgooddiningDined on 4/20/2014Our group of five enjoyed the Easter buffet immensely. There was enough variety to please even the most picky eaters! We all enjoyed the egg casserole which was more like a soufflé. There were two kinds of sausage, fresh green beans, fresh fruit, and a carving station that included ham, turkey, and lamb. I only tried the ham and it was perfectly baked ( I went back for seconds). The dessert table was filled with a delicious blueberry bread pudding, cannolies, cream puffs, red velvet cake- all very yummy! We asked to be seated in the 2nd room which has a bit more atmosphere-brick interior wall etc. We would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchCjg13VIPDined on 4/20/2014I am not sure if they serve brunch all the time or just on holiday weekends, but the Easter brunch was very good, and the jazz duo was a nice added touch. We plan to be back for other brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great jazzrohobozDined on 4/18/2014i choose most of my dining experiences based on the live jazz experience. washington platform is the best in cincinnati.Special Features:
- eclecticdinerDined on 4/17/2014Great dining in a casual atmosphere. We visited during the Oyster Festival and loved every dish that arrived at our table. The oyster/artichoke casserole was filled with nice big oysters and balanced with the artichokes, so it was neither too "rich" or filling. It was served with dirty rice which was way overportioned and just so-so on taste. We plan to return so we can try some more of the special oyster dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not At All SatisfiedCelebrateDined on 4/11/2014The Oyster Festival was in full bloom. The wait was too long. The service was not professional. We were overcharged on our check. Just not a good experience at all. Restaurant was very crowded; service was very slow. The fried oysters had more breading than oyster (oysters were very small). The first thing I noticed was that he did NOT give us 50% off the appetizer, as promised, because we had to order twice. We asked the waiter to split the $120 bill between 2 credit cards. He came back with one for $111.00 and the second one for$118.00 ($229.00, not $119). Those receipts were voided. And we had to wait 10-15 more minutes for this to be corrected. This just was not a pleasant experience at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster FestivalgreeneyedladyDined on 4/11/2014The Oyster Festival was a great option for us on a Friday night. Lots of variety of oyster dishes to choose from. The regular menu looked very appealing as well. I would definitely go back and recommend it to others. They had a jazz trio, which was nice background music. A nice cozy, neighborhood kind of place but near downtown. We went before an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster Festivalfj2014Dined on 4/11/2014We visited Washington Platform to participate in the annual Oyster Festival. We were seated immediately upon arriving in the back section, which is a bit more upscale than the front bar entrance area. The server promptly appeared at our table, made recommendations, and was quite courteous and helpful. The appetizers were delicious, and the entrees were good. The Oyster Jambalaya was tomatoey and acidic, but the Oysters Belle Femme were outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken bargain?LindaDined on 4/10/2014A quiet late lunch midweek, service was okay. I ordered the hot chicken sandwich special which was a great bargain, but chicken was not hot, warm at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY FIRST TIME THERE AND ITOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014MY FIRST TIME THERE AND IT WAS THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE. WAITRESS FRIENDLY AND FULL OF ENERGY. OYSTERS WERE GREAT. THANK YOU FOR THE EXPERIENCESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!MoakadayDined on 4/5/2014Eight of us were attending an event at Memorial Hall and I found this restaurant online as one close to the venue. We made a reservation and were delighted by the experience. Everyone found something delicious, most notably my husband, who really enjoyed the Oysters Mardi Gras. The menu was diverse enough to suit everyone and we had a great evening! The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were able to walk to the performance and all was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten Gem!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Years ago when I worked downtown I used to go to Washington Platform frequently - both for happy hour gatherings, dinners, various festivals. I haven't been there in quite a while, but when a friend of mine suggested we go there prior to attending a performance at the School for Creative and Performing Arts next door, I was happy to accommodate and I wasn't disappointed. Great food (Chicken Carbonara!), wine, and atmosphere. Excellent service. Thank you, Washington Platform. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Oysters - woohoo!ChristyWDined on 4/5/2014The oyster menu was extensive, great to try some new items. But the fried oysters were amazing! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster FestAmajDined on 4/4/2014Love this time of year. Although I go for the oysters there is plenty on the menu for those who do not care for them. Raw or broiled everything is good!Special Features:
- I dined at Washington PlatformAngieDined on 4/4/2014I dined at Washington Platform for the first time this weekend. I really enjoyed OysterFest! Everyone I dined with was able to find something to fit their tastes- whether they were an oyster lover or not. The ambiance was nice, we all enjoyed the jazz music playing in the background. It provided a vacationy feel right in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. I really appreciate the owner/chef accommodating my allergy needs as well. He modified menu items to meet my gluten-free dietary requirement. I was so impressed with his willingness to help AND the deliciousness of the food he prepared. Everyone left satisfied. By Saturday afternoon, I had already recommended Washington Platform to friends and encouraged them to check out OysterFest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7 fansOysterfanDined on 4/4/2014Overall the food was good. The oysters were fresh, although not large but reasonable. Everybody enjoyed the experience and nice music group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grumpy waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Went for oyster festival and found food O.K. The biggest problem was our waitress. WOW was she grumpy. She messed up one of the five orders and no apology or anything. Waited forever for her to even come to our table initially then hardly saw her. Will not return ever.
- Great friendly service, fantasticMikeVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great friendly service, fantastic food, great atmosphere. This was my first time and has been one of the best experiences in Cinci. I think our waitresses name was Summer...she was great and informative. And they serve rheingeist beer!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Washington Platform is a gem that isn't as we'll know as it should be. My husband and I went the opening night of Oyster Fest. Good thing we had reservations, because they were hopping. For being as busy as they were, the service was outstanding. Very prompt and very attentive. The food was good, but has been better on nights when they weren't so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightWelshgirlDined on 3/28/2014Since it was the beginning of the oyster festival we tried the Neptune oysters. They were very tasty. Our server recommended them. We shared a fried oyster Po boy. And the Cajun bowtie pasta. I would recommend both. Our server was very nice and recommended a few things. I was a bit disappointed that they did not have more soup selections to go with the entrées during Lent, so we had a salad instead. The jazz music was good background music and we really enjoyed that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was very nice and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Waiter was very nice and friendly as well as prompt and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Server makes the differenceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2014If you want Oysters, I guess this is the place to be. Otherwise, our server was new and did not really know what she was doing. Nothing was compelling enough to make this a return trip kind of place.
- Pre-symphony crowdrebootDined on 3/15/2014We get dinner at Washington Platform prior to going to a concert at Music Hall. I think that about 90% of our fellow patrons are doing the same thing. The staff is attentive to getting us served, and finished up in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value and variety.lindaDined on 3/11/2014Excellent value and variety. Looking forward to more frequent visits.Special Features:
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2014Made reservations 4 days in advance for a large group with much expectation of a nice afternoon get together before another event. Planned ahead for 2 hours to have plenty of time. Extensive menu selection was important for having something for everyone. Was very disappointed because of the terrible service. We had to repeatedly ask for service even after explaining that our schedule was tight . Our group had a nice seating area but there were many other tables in the room. It became evident that only one server was attempting to handle the entire room (25+ tables). Another server was eventually added but only after repeated requests. Our food finally was served but so late that we had to eat hurriedly to make our other engagement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choices this time!symphonyfanDined on 2/20/2014We eat here frequently before attending concerts up the street at Music Hall. This last year has been hit or miss with service. Our visit Thursday was great. and service was terrific. New choices on the specials menu made me happy! The Mussels in Bock Beer were a big hit! We will be returning next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT ExperienceJonCDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time at The Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant but it won't be our last! The food was excellent as well as how it was prepared. The Oysters Shooters are a must, and so are the Italian Parmesan Oysters. My wife had the filet and scallops and both would melt in your mouth. I had the Potato Leak soup (very hardy & good), and the Roast Beef Sandwich with grilled onions, Swiss Cheese on a Pretzel Roll and this was also Excellent. We cannot wait to go back to try something else on the menu. What a find and a neighborhood gem too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that impressed..againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I made reservations a few weeks beforehand. Snow event cancelled many other reservations, but we still made it. Yet they sat us next to the bathrooms and by the server's station when there were many other tables available. Food was just ok. Asked server about how steaks were prepared (is medium-rare more medium or rare on most occasions?). She did not know. So I asked for a medium steak and a got a rare. Scallops were tiny and the steamed veggies were mostly cauliflower. Had to ask for water multiple times. Crabcake was pretty good, but barely warm enough. Good beer prices. Faux Frenchman and the beer was the highlight, which is somewhat disappointing because it could be so much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step up to the PlatformRosemaryDined on 2/9/2014Washington Platform gives you a good meal, is reliable and has a casual atmosphere. We like it on Sunday ahead of our Pops subscription at Music Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best oysters ever, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014Best oysters ever, friendly staff and great service. Wish I lived close enough to come more often. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never be backTroyRobertDined on 1/8/2014Washington Platform is in my neighborhood so it is a convenient place to go for a quick dinner. It used to be decent but has steadily gotten worse and this last experience will be my last with the restaurant. The food was mediocre and the service was horrible! Our server came to the table 3 times in just a very few minutes even though we told her we needed several minutes to decide. After our order was taken, we didn't see her again for at least 15 minutes even though our drinks were empty. I would have been a little more understanding if the restaurant was busy, but we were the ONLY customers in the entire place! With all the new restaurants opening in OTR, Washington Platform needs to do a complete 360 if they hope to survive.
- New Year's Eve dinnerMayorDined on 12/31/2013Party of six, service was excellent, food was great with good price. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Would recommend going and trying it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early New Years EveBigsteveDined on 12/31/2013Early dinner with great food (oysters were exceptional). Perfect for an early New Years Eve dinner then off to a friend's house to watch the ball drop. Thank you Washington Platform!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sandwichesDanTDined on 12/31/2013The food was very good in their lunch deals are exceptional. Service was a little bit slow but otherwise nothing else I could possibly complain aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- do overEatMooreDined on 12/22/2013Always a good meal and excellent service. Takes reservations a plus. Very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place, close to Music HallJeffDined on 12/13/2013After some of the bad reviews I was a little worked to try this out, but the place was fine, good service and good food. Not a fine dining experience, but I was not looking for this. I would not hesitate to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a large group and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013We had a large group and our servers were attentive and friendly. The food came out at the same time and we were never wanting for a reffill. The food and the staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very disappointed inGrannyDined on 12/7/2013I was very disappointed in the quality of the food- fish fishy and salad tasted like it had been sitting in the refrigerator for at least a week drying out. This place was once a gem and it needs some help to get it back where it once was.
- Disappointing visitCincykat6Dined on 11/16/2013I like the atmosphere of Washington Platform, especially when they have music. It's a casual and comfortable place. However, it will be a long time before I go back. The food just wasn't good. I ordered Crab Primavera from the Crab Festival menu, and it was dry, bland, and tasteless. There was hardly any sauce on it. Of the 6 people in my party, only one enjoyed their food. There are lots of other good, inexpensive restaurants in Cincinnati, so I'll be spending my money elsewhere.
- pathetic servicePradiptaDined on 11/16/2013We ordered oysters on the half shell, a soft shell crab appetizer and another appetizer - after an agonizing 30 minute wait everything arrived together! I have ordered oysters in six continents, and they have always arrived first..anyway in this case it was obvious that the orders had been sitting around for a while as the soft shell crab was soggy and the oysters tired. Ruined the mood and we decided to abort the meal and went elsewhere. They did give us a discount as an apology but money can't really make up for this waste of rare and precious time. Never going back."