The Squeaky Bean
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Squeaky Bean
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thesqueakybean.com/
- Phone: 3036232665x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Cocktail Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Daily
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Bingo Brunch: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Max Mackissock
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Squeaky Bean
Thank you for your interest in The Squeaky Bean! We strive to create a unique and memorable dining experience by offering exceptional cuisine, wine, and cocktails in a cozy, communal atmosphere. Open for dinner 5 nights and Sunday Brunch, our Progressive-Seasonal fare and classicaly-inspired bar program combine to conjure a sense of interest and intrigue. Cocktail hour 4 - 6 pm. Explore your Inner Bean!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Squeaky Bean - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Squeaky Bean reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (33)hot spot (33)great for brunch (25)vibrant bar scene (25)romantic (22)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Glad I finally got hereout2eatDined on 3/21/2014I had heard about Squeaky Bean from several folks - all touting the wonderful food. I think there are some execution issues in the kitchen. The bison riblets were so tough - it was impossible to get the meat off the bone. Other dishes seemed under-seasoned and bland. Overall, I thought the food was good - but left out the wow factor. I would, however, try them again. Out waitress was really nice and really went out of her way to make the dinner nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun menu, great cocktails!zombi3fishDined on 3/15/2014The menu seems all over the place, but once you start ordering it all falls into place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmospherePilotbumVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food was amazing. Great atmosphere. I'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationRustyDined on 3/14/2014The Squeaky Bean has a great location and the restaurant is a fun experience. I was not impressed with the food though as too many different tastes and sauces. Very rich food.Special Features:
- Squeaky Bean has risen toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/12/2014Squeaky Bean has risen to great heights in the Denver dining scene. The fried chicken is mouthwatering. The grilled octopus diving. Don't miss a meal here.Special Features:
- Amazing discoveries and flavorsJWKoolDined on 3/11/2014Squeaky Bean's new location has the best décor in LODO. The menu options, even for vegetarians, is amazing- with the chef featuring excellent flavor profiles like mint in the brussels sprouts. The cheese board is also one of the best in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing First VisitNativeVIPDined on 3/7/2014After passing by this restaurant near the Pepsi Center numerous times after games. I decided to stop by for a bite and drinks before the Nuggets/Lakers game. In short, the bartender was rude and our waitress wouldn't stop talking when making menu suggestions. It was exhausting, however, we did take her up on two items she had mentioned; an appetizer of brussel sprouts and an entree combining octopus and steak. Unfortunately, there was far more octo than the two tiny rectangle pieces of steak at $19. Bottom line, other than being a nice venue with friendly hostesses, I wasn't impressed enough to make a second visit anytime soon.Special Features:
- love the servicejofilogomoVIPDined on 2/28/2014We love to go here because we know many of the staff; however I do have to admit that there isn't the creativity that there used to be....we miss that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekJulieDined on 2/28/2014One more entree choice would have been nice. However, we both chose the salmon and enjoyed it very much. Appetizer and dessert were also excellent. I enjoyed my wine however my husband ordered Pellegrino or Perrier but had to go with soda water and lemon. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. I would enjoy a return visit but will save it for a special occasion as prices are a bit more than our usual meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicejeannieDined on 2/28/2014Went for restaurant week and will definitely be back. The server was top notch , made some great suggestions. We loved all our vegetarian courses. The dessert was lovely.Special Features:
- Not the best restaurant week optionAndreaDined on 2/27/2014The restaurant had amazing atmosphere & ambience, but the menu for restaurant week was very disappointing. Staff was friendly, we were seated early, but the food fell short. Hope to have a better experience with more menu options next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2014I just have to say this is now one of my favorite restaurants in Denver. They were great when they were in the Highlands, but now they are excellent!!!!!! Unreal! One thing that is kind of a shame-- the Beets and Brussels Sprouts dish that I had is not on the regular menu. The lemon parfait was amazing! The Uncle Jessie bourbon Manhatten was the best Manhatten I've ever had in my life, and I've had a few!!! Overall I would come back here as much as possible. Oh and my boyfriend had the chicken, I broke my rule as a Pescatarian and I'm glad I did, it was fantastic. I love this place!!!! The service was fun and friendly:) thank you Squeaky Bean for a wonderful experience. I have a really big mouth, so my friends will be coming your way:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2014I would very much recommend this restaurant. The food was amazing. A little on the pricey side, but we were there during restaurant week and it was worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely spotdblairDined on 2/26/2014getting out-of-hand expensive, but fantastic food and a great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulpurplebutterflyDined on 2/26/2014My first experience at The Squeaky Bean was absolutely delightful. The dining area is cozy, simple, and modern, much like the food on the Restaurant Week dining menu. The fried chicken was amazing, as well as the pimiento cheese spread- YUM! I was so impressed with the dining staff's professional, yet laid-back attitude. Everyone seemed genuinely glad to be helping us, which says a lot about a place of business. I will definitely be going back, especially to venture toward the bar and bartenders, who looked really fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BINGO BRUNCHdenverdebbyDined on 2/23/2014Great service, thanks Amber! Friendly employees, hi Brian! Excellent food and Bingo! Fun and tasty. No negatives! Cannot wait to try dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014I had a few friends recommend the restaurant so I was excited to give it a try during restaurant week. My wife and I ordered different selections for each course on the restaurant menu so we could try different meals. Of the six different things we tried (2 starters, 2 main courses and 2 desserts) only 1 of the 6 did we find delicious, flavorful, and wonderful presentation and it was the wedge salad. Both main courses were dull and not worth the money we even paid for restaurant week. We also ordered a bottle of wine (which we found out later was $10 at the liquor store) and it was $42. Sadly we were disappointed. We are willing to pay good money for quality, flavorful food but we did not feel our money was well spent this evening.
- Just an incredible RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014Just an incredible Restaurant Week menu. We had a fantastic time!!Special Features:
- Decent food, fun restaurantluvsdenverfoodDined on 2/22/2014The food was somewhat hit and miss, my dish was delicious, my date's not prepared well. The salads were also fairly low-effort. The dining room is fun and the flavor combinations are interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedCleanDenDined on 2/15/2014This was my second visit and I was hoping that my first visit was a one-off as I didn't love the food, but unfortunately this visit confirmed that the food isn't what I am looking for. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention, but both of our cocktails were piping hot! This was not expected for someone who asked for a recommendation for a drink similar to a Dark n Stormy, but hey we dealt with it. I ordered the Lamb Sweet Breads and found them to be drowned in sauce and I had to scrape it all off to taste the meat. The Lamb Shank was also basted in a sauce that was just a little much, and the lamb itself wasn't falling off the bone as I had hoped, nor was it slightly pink as I had hoped. We won't be returning unfortunately.
- Great eveningCinderellaDined on 2/15/2014Had dinner before going to the ballet, was a great way to start our evening. Very enjoyable and the wait staff was awesome The food was excellent and the nitro drink was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and fun atmosphereWashParkGrillDined on 2/14/2014First time trying the Squeeky Bean for a Valentines Day dinner, and couldn't have been happier. Amazing food and stellar service. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I dined at The Squeaky Bean on Valentines day. What can I say, it was absolutely perfect. From our seating next to the window, our fabulous server and of course, the food. Our server recommended the special that evening, a 32 oz rib-eye for two. I am not much of a carnivore, but it was amazing. My cocktail, the My Little Mule, Pepe,was equally wonderful. An evening we will definitely remember!Special Features:
- Nice V-day dinnerIsaacDined on 2/13/2014Actually the day before Valentines Day. Fun drink menu. Carrot soup was good with great presentation though a little sweet for my taste. We had salmon, fried chicken and the Brussels sprouts. All were very good and unique preparations. Nice wine selections by the glass. The apple crumble was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as consistent as my last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/11/2014This was my 4th visit to Squeaky Bean. I had been extremely impressed with the creativity of the menu and quality of the food in the past. This time my date and I ordered the 4 course tasting menu. I felt like the dishes were not as creative as the menus I had previously experienced. One of our salads was bitter and had a very fishy dressing that I am assuming was made with anchovies. The shortrib was very balanced if you got a bite of the puree, and the herbs, but if you just tasted the meat and the sauce it was a little on the sour side. The fried chick was very good, but the greens on the side were a little boring. The bang bang noodles and brussel sprouts were outstanding! The desserts stood out as well.Special Features:
- Best fried chickenSpalkoDined on 2/6/2014The owner recommended the fried chicken & brussel sprouts, both were incredible. The cocktail menu is impressiveSpecial Features:
- Not Over The TopSkookDined on 2/1/2014Our dinner was Good.....not over the top though.......The service was great.....Very Friendly and with big smiles.....
- A New Squeaky BeanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014I was a regular and fan of the original so (after the long gap) I was excited to see what the chef could do with a full kitchen when they had been so creative with nothing.. On opening it was a debacle, service was terrible, food was erratic. Now I understand it's a whole new team Let me say I had a good meal, the Steak Tartare was fantastic, but the Salmon was boring and chewy (Kale is such a dangerous vegatble choice) So for my party of Denver foodies the Bean 2 is not off the "Revisit" list but it's still in the "Maybe" categorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch...SandydesignsDined on 1/26/2014Decided to try "The Squeaky Bean" for brunch on Sunday. We love the place for dinner. The food was nothing less than amazing. Menu is innovative and interesting..not your standard breakfast fare. Every dish has a twist, We enjoyed every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great!D303Dined on 1/25/2014We've been going to the Squeeky Bean since it was a little spot in Highlands. Bigger location now, but same attentiveness and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big wowBrunchieDined on 1/19/2014I am so impressed with the Squeaky Bean. The food, service and ambience were fantastic. I can't wait to go back and eat my way through the brunch menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodGrayceDined on 1/18/2014Service was impeccable. Drinks were divine. The fried chicken was amazing. The pamperedelle (sp?) was delightful. Braised bison short ribs were tender but not as good as the other two dishes. Tjey were tangy in an odd way. We also had the ham appetizer - each order is good for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!evcomDined on 1/18/2014I had not been to Squeaky Bean since they moved to LODO for LOHI. The place is very warm and welcoming. The food was great, pate, salads, salmon cooked to perfection. The salad came out a little soon but the waiter had not planned it that way. The pate is made in-house and was more of a spread, unique presentation and delicious with some thin sliced artisan bread, mustard, cornichons and a fruit spread. Salad was very good, with a light dressing tossed in. Salmon was spot on cooked to perfection at the requested medium-rare skin on and seared crispy just like I like it. Serviced over a mixture of kale, cannellini beans and hollandaise. All very subtle but delicious and light. Great meal and experience. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Denver's besttrailmixDined on 1/17/2014This restaurant is one of Denver's best. Imagine our delight to find Valet parking waiting for us after discovering a Denver Nuggets game was taking up all the downtown parking. Every aspect of the meal service is fine tuned, to the tiniest detail. Coats checked at the door, kitchen impeccably clean and organized, utensils brought with every course, smoothly run service. Whiskies are a menu speciality, served with a giant ice cube for sipping. 5 star food, unique eclectic flavors, well seasoned, good portions, G. Ramsey would be pleased. The cured meats board with chef prepared mustard and chutney is a nice touch. Thai style brussell sprouts you'll love. Must try the chicken pate, it's not what you expect. The greens also a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny & The Bean Crew Cookin'OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2014You've never had sweetbreads in the delicate tangy style that Johnny & The Bean Crew delivers, wow ! Another outstanding Squeaky Bean experience. Each plate's flavors, preparation, presentation delectable. The crew's energy, love of food & wine and irreverence was contagious and delightful. Keep your eyes open for Squeaky Bean's Vaentine's Day magic - it will be one of a kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!foodloverDined on 1/11/2014We had another incredible dining experience at the Squeaky Bean! The food, atmosphere and service were perfect. Special thanks to our server, Brody, who had great food and drink recommendations with a positive, energetic personality.Special Features:
- Farm to table delightChevereDined on 1/10/2014My husband and I went last Friday night and had a wonderful dinner. The food was very flavorful; we never had to ask for salt or pepper and that’s a first. Everything we ate was not only delicious but also very interesting and innovating. We were pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant that believes in the Farm –to-table concept and applies it to their restaurant while cooking with such delicacy and flavors. Our dessert was fantastic as well. The service was also very good and professional. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a creative menu! ThejofilogomoVIPDined on 1/10/2014What a creative menu! The way the dishes are presented it allows us to try foods we never would have thought of trying. The staff is wonderful. Shannon is our go to girl and she let's us know what to try and what not to try. Chris and Brodie are fantastic and friendly as well they all always have a smile and take time to greet us. Chelsea the manager is always gracious and sweet. Food is farm to table as they have their own farm and are always looking for new ways to incorporate local items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An adventure of food and libationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014The food is artistic and unusal. The ingredients are all very fresh and high quality. Be prepared for unexpected taste combinations. You can't categorize the cuisine as one thing or another here. The portions are small and the prices are high so don't expect to get filled up. The cocktails are equally unusual. There is an opportunity to try things you probably haven't tasted before both in food and drink. Go for it. Our server was excellent and truly enjoyed explaining what all these ingredients were without pretense or attitude.Special Features:
- Great service, small portionsSteveVIPDined on 1/8/2014This was my first time at the Squeaky Bean. Food was good but not great and portions were on smallish side. Also, a bit pricey -- $311 bill (w/tip) for dinner for three. That said, atmosphere, wine and service were great and I left feeling satisfied. One of my fellow diners had a few dishes that looked quite a bit better than mine; perhaps I could have done a better job with my order. Great place for a casual business dinner (which this was).I would recommend this to a friend.