Billy Bob's Steak House & Saloon
5111 Boulder Hwy
Las Vegas, NV 89122-6001Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Billy Bob's Steak House & Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.samstownlv.com/dine/billy-bobs-steak-house-and-saloon
- Phone: 7024567777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Porcaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Seats up to 30 inside with an additional 20 available on the patio.
- Private Party Contact: Linda McCormick 7024567777x8018
A word from Billy Bob's Steak House & Saloon
This rustic, ranch lodge steak house serves top quality steaks, ribs and chicken in the massive portions that made the West famous. Bring your appetite and enjoy the best steaks around.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Billy Bob's Steak House & Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (17)romantic (12)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bad service destroys everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014We went last night for V- day and I felt embarrassed for making the arrangements there as the experience was awful. We booked over a week so you would think that it wouldn't take close to 15 minutes for them to find our reservation when we arrived. Took awhile for us to be greeted. Ordered several things that we never received, but then again no one could correct because our server was MIA the majority of the time. No refills on drinks, under seasoned steaks, over coocked steaks (was going to send it back, but server no where to be found) and again missing items. Waiter finally came by at the end to ask if we wanted a box. Not one aspect of this dinner was acceptable and the server didn't even seem that busy with other tables.
- Food for thoughtheavenlyroseDined on 2/14/2014The portions were large but so was the bill. The food was unremarkable and lacked flavor. The wine list was limited. It was just over priced for the quality. The service was very good and the wait staff friendly. The best was the bread basket, very fresh and warm. Over all I would not return.Special Features:
- Great Food!NannaBDined on 2/14/2014My husband took me to Billy Bobs for Valentine's Day. He had the petite filet with a huge baked potato and I had the Chicken Oscar. His steak was cooked a little overdone for him as he likes it on the rare side. My chicken was the most tender moist chicken I've ever had. At the end we asked for a small light desert option. Our server offered us the desert they had on the special Valentine's dinner which was strawberries in whipped cream. It was just right to top off our dinner. We have been to this restaurant before and always liked our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service, and atmosphereValentineDined on 2/14/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectRibigrlDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I dined, enjoyed our food and always the ambiance. Our server was a bit slow. My steak was on point, appetizers on point. I did not care for the tomato that I think was supposed to broiled. It was not cooked actually it was cool. I will go back again as I love the steaks and the atmosphere and the service even though I did not give it a 5 this time. Billy Bobs is our favorite place to eat steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wine list around!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014We noticed this in particular because my wife spent many years in the wine business, and finds Las Vegas quite disappointing in wine selections, quality, and price. (She chose the Fess Parker California Blend, a good value at $25). Excellent dinner, and great service as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting cousinsPablitoDined on 2/11/2014Our cousins from Minnesota visit a couple of times each year. We always go to Billy Bob's. The steaks are terrific, the menu is varied enough to suit all tastes, and there is always a good "Special" on the menu. Dining is casual, and you don't feel rushed to finish and leave. We also dined there over Christmas with another group, and Billy Bob's was a hit for all the above reasons, and because of the proximity to the light show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerMaverickDined on 2/9/2014Great place to take the family, friends or just your spouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom's ReviewThomasDined on 2/4/2014Went to Bill Bobs at the recommendation of a friend. Found the reservation system on line very easy with no hassle. Upon arrival was greeted very nicely and table was ready. We both had the Prime rib which was excellent. Wife loved the butternut squash soup talked about it to everyone. I had the baked potato and salad. Salad was refreshing and the baked potato was perfect. It was a perfect night for our anniversary . The service by the wait staff was spot on. Never had to wait for a thing. Always stopped by asking if we needed anything. Will diffidently go back had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff are very friendlyJMGGDined on 2/1/2014The staff are very friendly and attentive, but not hovering. The service is flawless. The presentation and taste of the food will have us coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatlvsteakloverDined on 1/25/2014We had a party of 7 and Toni was our server. She is great. I recommend her to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationMartyDined on 1/25/2014This was our first visit to Billy Bob's and we chose it for a birthday celebration. Took advantage of steak and lobster special and it was wonderful. Really enjoyed entire dinner. Our waiter paced the dinner perfect from drinks, to appetizer, to soup and then entrée. Did not feel rushed but not neglected either.Special Features:
- great dinnerhappytummiesDined on 1/24/2014we always have a good dinner at Billy Bob's, so this was no surprise! i had the special--halibut. it was very good. so much food, i had it again the next day! great food, nice atmosphere, attentive service. what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. Entrees wereThatGuyDined on 1/24/2014Disappointed. Entrees were good but nothing special. My son had Mac and Cheese that tasted like feet. Applebee's has better French Onion soup.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyLegreatVIPDined on 1/22/2014It was wife's birthday, as stated on my reservation! NO ONE mentioned it the entire dinner. Order a shrimp cocktail...the sauce was like tomato juice would not even adhere to the shrimp. Told the waiter....answer "ice probably got in the sauce" he brought more just....just the same...complained again..."that's all we have" offered no solution or adjustment after complaining again for the third time...just smiled and walked away...there was a group of 20 + int the same room with us so they got all the attention???Bigger Tip! The bus boy brought us or entree. The waiter yelled at him..bus boy who should have been the waiter....said, the foods been setting back there getting
- Server Mark was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2014Server Mark was very friendly and everything was done correct with no returns. Exceptional service.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014If you are in the mood for good food and lots of it, go to Billy Bob's steakhouse. The portions are huge and we always end up with leftovers. We also love Maury for our waiter, he is so fun and energetic. I he isn't available, we love Toni too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointing experienceTravelerDined on 1/17/2014First, where does it say the restaurant is in the middle of Sam's Town, a low end hotel/casino complex? Then the food is nowhere near a true steakhouse experience. Mediocre steaks and sides. Just nothing to make you want to go back. Not at all a 4 star rating.
- Always a great dinner! NeverjjcrrmDined on 1/3/2014Always a great dinner! Never failed us in over 15 years! Meal of choice = filet mignon with gigantic yam!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sort of DisappointedThomasDined on 1/1/2014We have eaten several times and always had a great experience. For some reason our service was extremely slow and our waitress ignored us. We had to request our drinks and the waitress snapped back at us. The tables were not full but they were behind seating patrons. Our food was delicious though and we would definitely return. Hopefully this was an off night with low staffing caused by staff calling off and not poor scheduling by management. If it happens again, I would assume this was not a fluke but poor service. We will return as Billy Bob's has always been a great experience before. everyone is entitled to an off night, but if it would be a trend we will have second thoughts in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- b day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2014we went to billy bobs on 1/1/14 for my wife B day dinner. the Busser was awesome. our server was not, he had bad breath, food came out luke warm. asparagus came out after we were done eating and it was HUGE, not good, and no free birthday dessert for my wife.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Las VegasrsdotyDined on 1/1/2014My husband & I had the queen sized prime rib. It was out of this world. Been there a few times, and never was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Dining ExperienceLovesTSDined on 12/31/2013We went to Billy Bobs on New Yeas Eve. It was our 10th wedding anniversary. We made our reservations two weeks in advance for 8:30 and we got there at 8:15 and was seated by 8:25 and waiter was at our table 8:30 sharp. Matt was our waiter. He was courteous, proficient, nice and also patient due to some people in our party weren't quite sure what they wanted. Once we made our selections and our food was presented to us everyones steak was perfectly cooked as requested by each individual. You have to try the bourbon sauce, excellanto!! Overall I give our dining experience at Billy Bobs an A+++. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2013I was looking for somewhere in the Las Vegas area with late availability to provide dinner reservations for New Year's Eve. I'd never gone to this restuarant and have grown weary of places that have the "best steak ever," but we waited too late to be choosy. Ohmygod! This was the best prime rib I've had....ever. The bacon on the baked potato was so flavorful. The salad was great. We also had the ribs and it was great. It took a few minutes to get our main course, but when it tastes that good, you can understand why. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Always reliableCliffordDined on 12/31/2013Billy Bobs is a reliable choice for delicious steaks in particular - great value too! Staff are long serving and they are courteous and attentive.... I am from the UK yet the receptionist remembers my name every time - despite how long threw may have been between visits. I find that amazing! I take all my friends an d family there and they always love it too.... Established and with a sense of history and charm, something that is hard to find in Las Vegas! I'll be back soon! XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not hot and was sloppyJRfindDined on 12/30/2013Food was not hot and was sloppy on plate. It definately was not worth the price. The bread was the best part of the meal.
- Billy Bob's - Go there !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Friendly greetings from staff. Warm atmosphere. Raisin bread made in-house. Yum Salads ok, not memorable. Big portions with plenty of dressing. Party of 5 loved their steaks and kitchen hit doneness levels perfectly. All had baked potato w/butter and sour cream. Roasted carrots and broccoli. Mentioned daughter's birthday. No problem, presented with slab of chocolate cake w/candle on top and "song" by staff people. Enough for all to have a piece with our coffee. A nice experience. Waiter (sorry, forgot his name) made the experience special with friendly manner, funny quips etc. Oh, the pricing, very fair. Total bill (less tip) was $220 for 5 happy adults. Considering it included 7 alcoholic drinks and 2 virgin cocktails it was a bargainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitCliffordDined on 12/26/2013Have dined here dozens of times... Never disappointed ... Great steak and great service. Maury a legend! Great fun and on theball ... Took my partner and family this time.. They loved it xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is hit and missDisappointedDined on 12/26/2013Of the three dinners ordered, the filet mignon was very good, the sirloin steak was satisfactory, but the prime rib was extremely tough and chewy - although the mid rare temperature was achieved, clearly the quality of the meat was sub standard. Very disappointing. Also, there were issues with two side dishes: creamed spinach was literally drowning in white thin milky liquid and much too much garlic made the dish inedible; the sautéed mushrooms had an overpowering garlic seasoning as well. The chef needs to learn to extract natural flavors and use seasoning to enhance them, not bury them.
- Christmas DinnerhoneymoonerDined on 12/25/2013Extremely easy to reserve online, great time choices for Christmas evening. Prime Rib is a Christmas tradition and we were not disappointed. Portions were large and delicious. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Yet another great placeretafsaDined on 12/25/2013For the last seven years we have had our Christmas meal at Billy Bobs. They have all been excellent or we would not have gone back and this one was no exception. Everything was great except for one thing. We anticipated having one of the magnificent éclair's for desert at home. That was our only disappointment but not one which would stop us from going there next Christmas or any other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Billy Bob"s Steakhouse and SaloonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2013The first thing I would say is that this restaurant's service is impeccable.....taken care of but not intrusive. There were three of us and one was a vegetarian: she was accommodated very nicely and she thoroughly enjoyed her meal. The other two meals weren't as good: we were there for Christmas and the meals were dry (not enough gravy) and there was no dark meat. Not enough potatoes and dressing......the green beans were perfect, though. All in all i would recommend this establishment for dinner...for something other than Christmas turkey dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Christmas Eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013I am still thinking about the triple beef medallions I had for dinner. The baked potato came with all the fix-ins for a great complement to the beef. The salad was good and the meal even came with bread and a vegetable. The steak was tender and the three sauces all complemented the medallions of beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Steakhousegloria247Dined on 12/22/2013If you want a great steak in a local seting go directly to Billy Bob's. The food is excellent as well as the service. Billy Bob's is always our first choice when dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good to KnowDaveandPamDined on 12/20/2013Wife and I ate there several times prior. This was her birthday and she requested Billy Bob's to eat at. She also made it a point to let the chef know that her filet mignon was cooked to perfection for her. I ordered Rib Eye. It was very good. We have no complaints and only good things to say. Plus watching the light show at Sams Town right after dinner was a major plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor valueRLuckyDined on 12/12/2013So sorry that this was our first meal in Vegas--while the service was good, the food was disappointing, bland and lifeless :(. I won't be returning to this saloon style restaurant...
- Best I'n townHungry4foodDined on 12/8/2013Great food, service. Seated on time. Casual experience with 5star feel. I recommended and took group. They all loved it and we shall be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer:oilman565Dined on 12/6/2013This is a no-rush, kickback, cruise control restaurant. Service was attentive yet unhurried; quite simply, "The Bomb!" Portions are HUGE; two human bags-to-go were in order. Be prepared to open your wallet - everything is à la carte - but the overall dining experience was pleasurable and gratifying. If you want to impress an old friend or first date you simply cannot go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free served up right!dynaliz13Dined on 11/29/2013Twelve of us feasted last night for dinner and boy was it delicious!! Everyone's meal was cooked to perfection. Those of us who had enough room finished our meal. Those who couldn't finish their meal made sure we took every single morsel of food left over, home to snack on today! Last but not least, we had three people who had to eat a gluten free meal The chef at Billy Bobs came out, introduced himself, and made sure that Billy Bobs was able to accomodate those who could only enjoy a gluten free meal!! Thanks to all who made this meal one to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD AT GOOD PRICESlocalfoodieDined on 11/27/2013Billy Bobs's has been my "go to" restaurant for steak for more than 15 years. The food is always as-ordered, the service is very good and the prices are better than competetitors; e.g. side-disher are included rather than being ala carte'. Ifd you are a lover of bone-in meat, the Porterhouse and rib eye can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.