502 Main Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.avellinorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5083472321
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Enrico Giovanello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Avellino chefs believe the small details matter. When we host your party or event, you will enjoy superbly prepared cuisine and personalized service from our professional staff. Select from among our menus — from a casual buffet to a formal sit down dinner, an intimate party to a gathering of 50 friends or associates, we offer something for everyone's tastes and needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Call us directly for catering and banquet inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah J Gottlieb 8602351286
A word from Avellino
Avellino offers traditional, homemade Italian cuisine in a setting that unites old and new for a truly memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Avellino - Best Restaurants in Sturbridge ›
Avellino reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)fit for foodies (21)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (8)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Fantastically delicious surpriseStSuDined on 12/6/2013Found this restaurant online, took a chance - wow! The kind of delicious food that gives me recurring happy dreams. It was very noisy, but otherwise perfect. and if it was only noisy because everyone was having a good time, I can't really complain.Special Features:
- it was "good"localDined on 11/30/2013I expected more. The ambiance was great, service very friendly, but very very slow. The food was okay, again I expected better. The "braciole" was really a stracotto, the risotto had an odd (not pleasant) flavor; the "pounded chicken" was really strips of breast...again, disappointed for what I paid.
- I am never disappointed whenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/28/2013I am never disappointed when I eat here. Everything was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fell shortLookinforgoodDined on 11/23/2013I have lived int the Sturbridge area for over 25 years. We are constantly looking for a restaurant in the area that we enjoy. Avolnios fell short. Lovely atmosphere! Server was great. A couple of things would make us want to come back again. First all of the meals were swimming in sauce. The calamari was smothered in a red sauce; spicy and good, just too much. We don't mind paying for a meal that is really good. We want Avolino to be successful. We want to encourage our friends to dine there. Calamari, Lamb Shank, Braciole,especially heavy on the sauce. Scallops were nicely done. Arugula salad was a nice addition.. Might I suggest, go lightly and work on a better presentation.
- Great place to eat!SJAuntieDined on 11/22/2013Avellino is a great place to enjoy Italian food in a quiet, friendly atmosphere. The staff is very attentive to your needs and the food was excellent and reasonably priced! Each of my friends and I enjoyed dining here for dinner and will most likely return again in the near future! I would highly recommend Avellino for date night or a night out with the girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining, sparce settingzapperDined on 11/15/2013We had a very enjoyable dinner, well served, nicely plated and served hot. The chef did a perfect job on the main course,although I would rethink the cheddar risotto. We all thought the room was a little sterile and that some dashes of bright colors would have given it a little life, the muted colored walls and white material covered windows left us with a blank background that seemed to dull our table conversation. A little noise dampening would help quiet conversations from other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ate too much!sheepweaverDined on 11/15/2013The food was beyond fabulous and I couldn't stop!! Everything was outstanding, can't wait to return.Special Features:
- A nice place in central MassBappDined on 11/9/2013Tasty take on Italian cuisine. If you like bold flavors and large helpings you will enjoy Avellino. A short but decent selection of Italian wines. Our server was both personable and professional and the best we have encountered in this neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!LugKimDined on 11/2/2013We met friends for dinner. All six of us were extremely happy with our meals. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine and food selections making excellent recommendations. Would highly recommend this restaurant and plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around just awesome experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013All around just awesome experience...food, ambiance, service. Will defintiely be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013First tie at Avellino's. The food and service were excellent; honestly the reviews (all of which were good) don't do it justice. The seating chairs could have been a bit more comfortable (I have an injured leg so that does kind of matter). But overall I would highly recommend the restaurant; I will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Applause to the chefDebbiemDined on 10/26/2013Haven't been to Sturbridge in ages, used to come here as a child with mom and dad. Was having a reunion of sorts with my Big Brother, and I knew he liked certain foods, I looked up the menu, spotted some of the appetizers and took a chance. Best move I've made in awhile! Great food from start to finish. I will definately recommend and return to Avellino's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstandingKimberlyDined on 10/18/2013When I go out to eat I want good food but more importantly I look for good service. That is exactly what I got at Avalino's The service was wonderful and the food was delicious. We will defiantly be back.Special Features:
- Love you guysHudziksDined on 10/11/2013We go there for the food, and for Danny who works there. The service is always exceptional and we're treated as an important customer. Thanks for another great night, Greg & Kristine HudzikSpecial Features:
- Girls night outbabson97VIPDined on 10/9/2013My friend and I have been going to Avellino for our monthly get together's and we have never been disappointed. The food has always been delicious. Quite often we try their specials, for they sound too good to pass up, and we are very rarely disappointed. During the fall season, I would HIGHLY recommend the butternut squash risotto balls for an appetizer - absolutely amazing! Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Great night outGerryDined on 10/4/2013Our experience at Avellino's was outstanding. The food was spectacular and the service very attentive. We highly recommend Avellino's .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableenjoyfoodDined on 10/1/2013We had an enjoyable time. The service was excellent and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before a playDaveDined on 9/28/2013My husband and I had dinner at Avellino's for the first time on Sat. night. We loved it. We each had the pasta and meatballs. One of the best I've ever had.And We've been to Italy. The bread was to die for. And the salad light and tasty. We had so much left over we will be enjoying it each for our dinner tonight. We did not have room for dessert, but saw the sample tray go by.WOW. We are real foodies and put this one at the top of our list. Plus the staff was over the top friendly and professional. Karen and David Richards. 9/28/13Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!HolliDined on 9/28/2013Needed a restaurant to meet up with family from out of town and this was the place.... Great food, service and ambiance. I remember the type of restaurant that used to be in this place and it was very over priced. The quality of food matched the price. Bar drinks were a bit pricey for the size drinks we were served but that was overlooked quickly by the attentive service and great food. Thank you for the great night out...will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsJennaflexDined on 9/13/2013Avellino is always a fabulous time. Table Three (group ownership of this and two other local restaurants) always puts their best foot forward. The food is top-notch, service outstanding, ambiance delightful...love, love, love this place! Nothing but the best.Special Features:
- Great Food Warm Inviting AtmosphereCookieDined on 9/7/2013Fresh warm bread and fragrant dipping oil was brought soon after we were seated by our well trained and knowledgeable waiter. The wine list was varied and adequate. We started with the calamari which was more than mildly spicy as noted on the menu but quite delicious. The service was perfectly paced and above standard without being intrusive. My salmon was fresh and perfectly prepared and the spinach not drenched in garlic. My husband enjoyed his seafood and pasta, again fresh, perfectly seasoned, and brought to the table piping hot. Their desserts looked tantalizing but we were too full. We found the prices quite reasonable considering the nice atmosphere, excellent service, and well prepared delicious food.Special Features:
- Soecial DinnerGrampsterDined on 8/24/2013My wife and I celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary at Avellino's and could not have chosen a better restaurant. Everything was superb and what made it even more special was our waiter, Danny, who recommended a fantastic wine and also helped us with our menu choices. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best aroundlulu22zDined on 8/16/2013We have been fortunate enough to visit all of the Table Three Restaurants, and all are outstanding!!! We have recommended all of them to our friends and co-workers and they were impressed from atmosphere to service to food. The take out food offered for Superbowl Sunday........just as wonderful (and convenient)! Thanks Table Three!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not as expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2013Food was not as expected. Poorly prepared. Would not recommend.
- Great findNewspix100Dined on 8/14/2013Meeting out of town friends in Sturbridge brought us to Avellino on the basis of some online reviews. No complaints, food was excellent and service was good. Prices are in line with the quality. One tip...if you look at their online menu, just remember that it's a sample and not exactly what you will find in the menu given to you at dinner. My wife had her sights on a certain dish that wasn't on the current menu, so she was disappointed. Avellino rates high for us and we will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The AvellinoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2013I recently went with my boyfriend to The Avellino in Sturbridge for his birthday. We wanted real, flavorful Italian food and that is exactly what we got. He had gotten chicken marsala and I ate a cheese ravioli with marinara sauce to die for. The restaurant had great deals like getting an appetizer, entree, and dessert for $19.95. All the food sounded delicious and tasted amazing. There was an extensive wine list and my boyfriend actually got an italian draft beer which he said was the best beer he had ever tasted. The service was very good and the place was nice and quiet with romantic settings for couples but also nice bigger tables for a family event. You don't have to get too dressy to go out to eat here either which is always nice.Special Features:
- Better ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2013Menu is standards but well prepared and with some inspired additions. Overall we enjoyed dinner. It's a bit noisy but not distracting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find in SturbridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2013Good food, generous drinks and a good wine list including some wonderful by-the-glass choices. Service was good and very friendly as well. Not a bargain, but very fairly priced, especially so in a tourist spot like SturbridgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013Avellino had great food and servers that were on top of anything we asked for. When we arrived the table was ready and we sat down right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013This is good authentic Italian food. The sauces are flavorful and meatballs were the perfect consistency. The only reason I did not give 5 stars for food is the veal was over salted. Everything else was great . We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free with respect.GlutenfreeGigiDined on 7/23/2013The staff at Avelino took care of my allergy issues without making me feel odd or disrespected. I had the gluten free pasta with vodka sauce. It was delicious. The salad was also great ! I look forward to returning to Avellino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first experiencemodimolliDined on 7/19/2013It was our first experience and we were bringing friends. Overall,it was a very nice dining experince forr all...service,food& drinks,atmosphere & price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Food a Notch Above!UncleBuckVIPDined on 7/13/2013We went here after dining at Cedar Street Grille the night before, not knowing the venues were related. Avellino's didn't disappoint . . . the drinks, the food, and the service were all fantastic.Special Features:
- Delightful Birthday DinnerNormDined on 6/29/2013The decor was pleasant but uninspired. That isn't a bad thing but some wall art or some fabric would help alleviate the almost earsplitting bursts of laughter. Laughter is a good thing and a sign that folks are enjoying themselves, but at times we had to stop talking until the noise went down. The food was excellent and desserts delightful. Our server was very professional and made our meal one to remember. Nice personality, did not hover but seemed to appear exactly when it was appropriate. All in all it was a wonderful, albeit loud, dining experience and I look forward to returning for more great food, or maybe dessert and coffee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a good priceCaptJustusDined on 6/27/2013Food was excellent. Meatball appetizer was outstanding. Very good entree choices. Home made sauce for pasta dishes was very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great meal at bargain price...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2013A fine meal that was very reasonably priced!! If I lived in this neighborhood, I would be a regular. Fantastic, cheery service with a very caring staff!! The risotto appetizer was main course size. The eggplant parm was great. IFine wine list complements the food. All in all... a keeper. I will be back.Special Features:
- Hit & missranoboDined on 6/15/2013Nice spot in Sturbridge. We had been to the Duck upstairs a few times so we wanted to give this place a try. Nice ambience, Christine, our server, was outstanding. Good and affordable wine selection. On the main course front, we had mixed feeling. I had the oso bucco that was good. My wife had the chicken Milanese which was very bland and unappealing in its presentation. Dessert was excellent. We would go back but would stay away from the chicken Milanese. We still prefer the Duck upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Dan was a spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2013As always, Dan was a spectacular waitperson. Food was good. The back dining room was unbearably loud. A party of 4 made it nearly impossible to think, let alone converse! Cooking with Enrico was in the front dining area. We will never go back when that's happening. Seems like the entire building is trying to be something for everybody. Sometimes you have to pick a side.Special Features:
- Went downhillgadillyVIPDined on 5/13/2013Food used to be very good but it was at best disappointing.gf
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013Excellent food and service. Chef Rico does a terrific job with all his creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.