25 Liberty St
Toronto, ON M6K 3E7Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.25liberty.ca/
- Phone: 647-748-8200x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Please note 25 Liberty asks guests to call the restaurant when booking parties of 6 ppl or more. As is industry standard, such parties require a credit card # to hold reservations. Thank you.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Daniel Lynn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Coming soon.
- Private Party Facilities: 25 Liberty is very versatile. Available for sit down dinners, cocktail parties with passed hors d'oeuvres, semi private meetings, even weddings! Let us help you organize your next function.
- Private Party Contact: Tarey Stone 647-748-8200x
- Entertainment: Coming soon.
- Special Events: Our new Prix Fixe menu is available Tuesday- Thursday evenings.
Please call for details.
- Cross Street: Atlantic Ave.
- Public Transit: GO Transit: The Exhibition Go Stop is located at the end of Atlantic street and is just a 4 minute walk to the restaurant.
From Subway: take the Bloor line to Ossington station. Take bus #63 towards Liberty Village, disembark at Atlantic Ave.
From streetcar: Take 504 King, disembark at Jefferson Ave. and walk south
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is street parking and several parking lots to choose from in the area. Notably, there is a Green P parking lot right across the street from the restaurant.
A word from 25 Liberty
A contemporary classic -- a warm, intimate chef-owned dining room and craft cocktail bar in a landmark Liberty Village building. Chef Daniel Lynn offers food that makes you want to leave the house. Our approachable, thoughtfully chosen wine list features an extensive selection of wines by the glass. Attentive, engaging service and a large bustling patio make 25 Liberty a great neighborhood destination for brunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
25 Liberty reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Early dinner at 25 LibertyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2013Had a (very) eary dinner on a rainy Thursday night. Contemporary, earthy atmosphere. Welcoming staff. Unique cocktail list. The Marsala Lemonade is delicious. Split an order of Fig, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Crostini. Beautiful and yummy, although the use of dried figs made the crostini a bit sweeter than I expected. Had the quail with potato rosti, lentils and greens. FANTASTIC. Will go back just to have that again!. My dining partner had the scallops on a bed of artichoke cream. Also very good. Split a lovely cheesecake for dessert. Dishes are beautifully presented. Service was top notch and attentive but not imposing. Prices in line with other restaurants of this level in the city. Will go back. Patio looked nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good...sauce needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2013The appetizer scallops were amazing and we also loved the dessert. The service was also top notch and the ambiance was nice....so why only 3 stars??? My main was the seafood pasta. I felt all the ingredient were of great quality and it had the potential to be a phenomenal dish...unfortunately the sauce that is supposed to bring it all together fell flat on its face. The sauce was bland and it felt like too much sugar was added to it...it simply lacked taste. But if they can fix their sauce and bring up the favours that dish could be a big winner. Will go back to try other menu items.Special Features:
- delish!foodie4thoughtDined on 5/18/201325 Liberty is an amazing spot for great food and friendly service. The quail/lentils dish for dinner was superb and the daily punch was a unique and delicious option on the cocktail menu. The atmosphere was sophisticated but it still felt comfortable. Staff were super helpful giving food/drink recommendations and were very friendly. It was a perfect representation of what Liberty Village is; rustic with a modern twist. Overall a highly recommended place whether it be for a couple of drinks after the game, a dinner with your closest girlfriends or an intimate date with the one you love. I would love to go back and try their brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013As soon as we walked in I knew that I liked this place. It is bright and airy and their attention to detail was evident in the decor. They played up the high ceilings with classic 50's white glass hanging lights and the predominantly grey colour palate came alive with the orange banquette seats (which are also very comfortable). Our server was excellent - attentive and knowledgeable without being overbearing, he was just there when we needed him. The food was AMAZING! Everything we tried was delicious and there were 10 more items on the menu I wanted to try. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asleep at the wheellunchingladyVIPDined on 5/17/2013We've been here several times and although the noise level was a bit overwhelming we brought our friends here for an early dinner. Things started to go wrong pretty quickly. We ordered bread and olives for the table. Olives were okay but the bread was very stale. We tried to get the waiter's attention to no avail. My husband finally got up and put the bread on the bar. They never did replace it but later apologized for giving us yesterday's bread. Then when dinner arrived they got our order wrong and left one of us with no meal for 15 minutes. By the time it arrived the diner had lost her appetite. In spite of switching waiters and discounting our bill it ruined the evening. We won't be back
- AwesomebabycuzDined on 5/12/2013Really enjoyed taking my mother here for Mother's Day Brunch. Atmosphere wss exciting and the food was fsbulous! Prices were definitely reasonable. I am looking forward to going back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice warm springtime lunchTbwcVIPDined on 5/7/2013Our outdoor lunch experience was lovely Split the romaine salad for app Was tasty and crispy used homemade bacon Lamb Shepperds pie and grilled cheese sandwich fantastic with the right about of gruyere cheese Service good albeit a bit hectic at times as server was very busy Overall positive Would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/5/2013A friend and I were looking for a place to have brunch that was within walking distance of the finish of the Toronto half marathon. The reviews I read were very positive and so was our experience. The food was great- we both had the scrambled eggs with brie and spinach (delicious!) and it came with several sides (toast, salad, potatoes, fruit, and choice of meat (e.g. bacon, merguez sausage). The coffee was very good and I also had a Stiegel Radler (a low alcohol "grapefruit" beer)- very refreshing. The servers were very attentive and friendly. I highly recommend it and I will be back (maybe after the Sporting Life 10K?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013Although the food was good, every dish had too much sause and the same sause! The gnocchi was cooked to perfection but had a sour taste. And the appetizers took too long. Drink menu was very good. And every dish contained some for of mushrooms, which I couldn't eat: not much creativity. Wait staff was tremendous!Special Features:
- Welcome to Liberty VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/2/2013Foodies will be flocking to Liberty for not only great brunch options at Mildred's and School, but a fabulous new menu at 25 Liberty (and of course Liberty Beer). Thanks Dan very much for opening up and creating more options for the discerning palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Foodie location in LibertyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/201325 Liberty is becoming another Liberty Village Foodie destination. Congrats Dan.
- Great brunch optionTravelndineDined on 4/14/2013Although we live in the area, this was our first visit to 25 Liberty. First great thing is that they accept reservations for brunch which makes it o much easier than having to wait in line, especially when you have a group of people. Their brunch menu is great - lots of options even for gluten-free diners - and a decent value for the prices. Presentation was good and food was flavorful. Would definitely return for brunch and looking forward to trying them out for dinner.Special Features:
- A rainy Tuesday night in LibertyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2013A rainy Tuesday night in Liberty Village, and at the end of my meal, when my pregnant friend had to go home to her husband the car, I was the only one in the restaurant. Not to fear, Kyle behind the bar and Joel took really good care of me. Citizens of Liberty Village - go to 25 Liberty! Don't let a wonderful place like this go deadpool like LV places tend to. Phenomenal knowledge behind the bar and in the kitchen (though I didn't have the pleasure of meeting ALL the staff). I had a wonderful seared Ahi Tuna paired with a crisp white by the glass. Looking forward to maybe trying out the brunch menu or a cold bevvie on the patio in the future.Special Features:
- Creative menu combinationsBellaVIPDined on 3/27/2013Creative menu combinations - food is wonderfully prepared and presented. Interesting cocktails to enjoy before dinner. Very friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- A true gem in Liberty VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Found 25 Liberty while searching online for a place to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. Beautiful, quant restaurant. The service was attentive, friendly and knowledgable. The group of us all work in the industry and have become rather picky when it comes to our experiences eating out. The bartender and server went over and beyond to provide impeccable service and an all-round wonderful evening. We were all so impressed! On top of it all, the food was incredible. So glad we found this gem of a restaurant. We will definitely be back! Thank you 25 Liberty for making my boyfriend's birthday. :)Special Features:
- Good Food with just OK ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We arrived very early on a Saturday night and unfortunately the soccer group was still in the lounge at the bar. It was initially very noisey and the staff was oblivious to the fact it was not conducive to a nice meal. The food was excellent. The decor and ambiance just ok. It appears 25 Liberty is trying to be more than it should be. It would be better to consider itself as a more casual neighbourhood eatery as opposed to a high end establishment that caters to the local soccer group.
- Quite a neighbourhood gem!GlobalFoodieVIPDined on 3/22/2013Quite a neighbourhood gem! Cosy, airy with high ceiling and homey feel. Staff is friendly and serving - entree is HUGE. My husband & i both oordered the special - lamb ribs and cornish hen combo - very tasty but we shared one entree together and packaged the other! We'll be back .....Special Features:
- 25 Liberty is a welcome additionOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/21/201325 Liberty is a welcome addition to Liberty Village. Well done Dan.Special Features:
- Have always loved the roomOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Have always loved the room at this location. However the food was mediocre...would go back perhaps for coffee and dessert or maybe a salad but nothing more. And only for the ambiance, definitely not the food. The menu boasts a great deal which is extremely misleading.
- This was our third time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2013This was our third time at the restaurant with friends and once again the food and service was great. We will definitely be back for many more brunches.Special Features:
- Acoustics could use a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Acoustics could use a little tweaking. Food and service was excellent for our brunchSpecial Features:
- Toronto Life says that thisjloves2gofordinnerDined on 3/15/2013Toronto Life says that this is a two star rating! No way! Overall this is a full five stars in my opinion. The menu is terrific and the dishes were also delicious. Hearty winter meals of short ribs and lamb shank helped overcome our winter revisited blues and the seafood pasta dish was spicy and spectacular. Service was friendly and efficient. I heartily recommend 25 Liberty! My friends all enjoyed it as well.Special Features:
- 25 Liberty was a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/201325 Liberty was a pleasant surprise. We discovered it quite by chance as we had headed out to Mildred's Temple Kitchen for brunch but the wait for a table was 45 minutes - I'm not into line ups. We walked down the street and there was 25 Liberty. The brunch was excellent, the portions more than generous, freshly, in-house made juices, good value and lovely service. We enjoyed ourselves so much another group of us headed back a few days later for dinner. The same experience. The kitchen accommodated changes to suite individual needs and the food was excellent. This has become one of my new go-to places.Special Features:
- Gem in an out-of-the-way spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2013The food was fabulous: inventive, beautifully prepared and presented. The service was attentive and friendly. Liberty Village is a bit out of the way for me, but I'd happily visit this restaurant again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Fantastic ambiance. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Fantastic ambiance. Great service and knowledgeable staff. Have already recommended it to everyone I know and can't wait to try them for brunch.Special Features:
- Fabulous experience superiorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Fabulous experience superior food, scallops, lamb, and halibut. Service was excellent. will now be a regular!!!Special Features:
- Personable with Great Kitchen & BarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We had a lovely time at 25 LIberty. Started with their original cocktails. My wife had the diver scallops and I had the Thai Spice soup for Appetizers. She had the potato encrusted halibut and I had venison, both special mains. During dinner, we switched to wine and beer from an excellent but approachable selection. For dessert we shared the sticky toffee pudding and had a spirit before heading home. Reservation was for 6:30 and we were seated promptly. We commented that it seemed almost un popular until we went to the washroom and noticed even seat taken. Nicely personal feeling even when full. We did have a sense of it getting busy because our dessert took some time, but the staff was very kind about taking care of that. Will return.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2013The food was absolutely delicious adn I was dining with a Chef friend who was wowed. The service impeccable. Thanks youSpecial Features:
- Lovely Brunch Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013This was my second visit. The other was arranged by a friend. I love the location, the menu is simple but delish. The service was cheerful and attentive. Had brunch and I can say that I have loved everything so far that has come out of the kitchen for Brunch service. The place does get busier closer to noon, I would reco that you use the OpenTable application on their website to book. Will go again, my friend loved it as much as I did. She will be back for sure with our without me.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013We decided to dine at 25 Liberty based on the open table reviews we read and we were absolutely impressed that not only were the stellar reviews accurate, but that we walked by this LV hidden gem for the last 4 months without stopping in. Service was impeccable, food was delicious and the setting was quiet and intimate. We will definitely be going back and recommend this to friends!!Special Features:
- Thoroughly EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish Looking forward to their patio season!Special Features:
- A Must Try!ObbligattoDined on 1/19/2013Staff and "guest" waiter made us feel incredibly welcome. Food was fabulous....followed advice and had pork special....delicious! Wine suggestion also perfect and although they did not have after dinner liqueur we requested, the team concocted a special one that closed our meal beautifully. We were from out of town so they providers us a list of other "adult" appropriate bars we could stop in to on way back to hotel. Obviously a neighborhood drop in as well based on other diners. Nice ambience and not too loud. Try it!Special Features:
- 25 Liberty a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012The food and service were exceptional, we were so impressed that we booked a reservation for new years brunch before we left. In comparison to other Toronto resteraunts the prices for the dinner menue were very reasonableSpecial Features:
- Refreshing new spot in LVMandyMcCDined on 12/21/2012Had a very nice pre-Christmas dinner at this newish spot in Liberty Village. It's dimly lit and has a very cozy feel. Our server was very attentive, and they were very knowledgeable and good about recommending a wine. We started with the Sauteed Shrimp & Spanish Chorizo which was very yummy. My BF had the House-made Scialatielli (YES they make their own) while I had Braised Beef Shortribs. Both were delicious, and the portions were just right. They also have a good looking brunch menu, and outdoor patio which should be inviting come the warmer months. It's nice to see a place like this in the typical wasteland of bars and "supper clubs" in Liberty. Definitely will go again!Special Features:
- This place is very well designedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012This place is very well designed with lofty ceilings and an airy atmosphere. I definitely will return to try more dishes. The chicken pot pie lives up to the hype and these guys have some great appetizers. The lunch service was well-timed and friendly. The wine list was nice and the wines were affordable.Special Features:
- The restaurant is visiblyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012The restaurant is visibly new and the decor is classic/modern and not overdone. The food is excellent down to the garnish. Service was good-our waiter was attentive without being overbearing. It is a little pricey although no individual item is overpriced. A dinner for two with starters and shared desert cost about $130 including tip.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012It was ok. i would go back only for the food.. it was AMAZING!!Special Features:
- Definitely A Neighbourhood GemjasonmDined on 12/1/2012This was our first visit here. We thoroughly enjoyed our two dishes: Quail and Pappardelle pasta.The atmosphere was warm and social. The bartender that night made one of the best classic Bloody Caesars I've ever had - loved it. The service was friendly - and the only one disappointment we had was when we asked for a dish to be wrapped up, (we were looking forward to enjoying it later), but it was instead discarded. Everyone makes mistakes but its how they handle them that really matters - the team at 25 Liberty were great. Without hesitation, there was an apology for the mistake and we were offered to have the dish replaced to take home with us. They were out of the original dish (Quail) so we ordered something else off the menu instead.Special Features:
- Excellent all around !OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/24/2012Attentive servie, Great execution and Perfect combination of ingredients go into every dish. 25 Liberty has earned a spot in my Top 10, but sadly it is the only bright spot in an otherwise over-built concrete jungle of Liberty Village.Special Features:
- The outside does not giveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012The outside does not give the inside proper representation...what a pleasant surprise when I went inside. The food, service and ambience were equally superb. I would definately recommend to friends and colleagues who take clients for lunch ( like I do).Special Features: