18 Main Street (Route25B)
Center Harbor, NH 03226Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laviniasdining.com/
- Phone: 6032538617x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday: 5pm-9pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan McGuff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on-site catering/functions and specialize in business events/functions, cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners, and private parties. Please call us directly, or visit our website for information about catering. Our restaurant is always available for breakfast, lunch, or brunch functions.
- Private Party Facilities: We welcome private parties ranging in size from 15 to 100 people. We have separate dining rooms that can can accommodate different sized groups and functions.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Foley General Manager 6032538617x
- Entertainment: We offer live music in our Tavern on Wednesday Evenings.
- Cross Street: Lake Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample parking is available along side our restaurant, and in the rear of the building. Also, guests may park at the Senters Marketplace parking lot, where E.M. Heaths Supermarket is located. Additionally, boat parking is available at the Center Harbor Public Docks, a 3 minute walk from Lavinia's.
A word from Lavinia's
Lavinia"s is a full service dinner restaurant, located in the heart of New Hampshires Lakes Region. Lavinia's serves a variety of dinner items ranging from casual pub fare like Burgers and Fish Tacos to high end entrees like Pan Seared Filet Mignon and Lobster Alfredo. Chef Brendan utilizes fresh local farm raised proteins, daily house made pasta, and creativity to deliver a great seasonal menu to satisfy all. Save room for our delicious in house made desserts! Our newly renovated pub is an excellent place to enjoy casual dinner during the week, and our private seating in the cupola may be reserved for special occasions. We look forward to seeing you soon at Lavinia's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lavinia's - Best Restaurants in Center Harbor ›
Lavinia's reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (49)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (41)romantic (38)fit for foodies (37)great for outdoor dining (34)good for groups (23)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great dining experienceHZbitDined on 7/21/2014Every year we enjoy an adults night out. This was our second time at Lavinia's and it didn't fail us. Great atmosphere, wonderful food. I'm only glad my dad paid, because it is a pricey night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripBirthdayboyDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I dined here for her birthday dinner . Our reservation was handled very efficiently and our table was ready upon our arrival . Reserevations are highly recommended . The food , drinks and service were spot on . She had chowder and fresh lobster meat over salad . I had fish and chips . Both meals were excellent . I would recommend getting the fish and chips in seperate dishes . The menu is very scattered and unfocused . They were out of the steak selection on a Sunday night . However , I am sure that all can find something to order and enjoy .Special Features:
- luv2tasteDined on 7/20/2014Another great meal. Filet was perfectly cooked. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Tried twiceKiKiDined on 7/18/2014We first tried Lavinas last year for a late dinner. A live band had just packed up and many people were leaving. Most of the tables on the first floor hadn't been bused, so they sat us upstairs. We were the only diners up there. Service was slow, food was meh. But I chalked it up as they were ready to close up. This year we made reservations, went early and sat outside. Beautiful view! Wait staff were nice, but would disappear. Food was good, but overpriced. Not sure if we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be great!BrewVIPDined on 7/14/2014The new Lavinia's continues to be great all around every time I visit. The ambiance was cozy and friendly. The food was delicious! The corn chowder was naturally sweet and tasted like summer. I also ordered the lobster salad which was refreshing. I was pleasantly full but being a dessert lover had to order a homemade whoopie pie. It was chocolately and perfectly sweet. What a wonderful meal and location. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lavinia's Of Center HarborCaptainHungryDined on 7/12/2014Ate here for the first time Saturday, July 12th. Two of us sat at a two top on the second floor, looking out the window over the harbor. The restaurant is in a very cozy former private home with lots of space, small, friendly feeling bars on both first and second floors, and a lovely living room waiting area. We had the beet salad and cheese and charcuterie appetizers, both delicious, followed with lobster alfredo and their house hamburger, both of which were terrific. The staff were attentive, non-intrusive, and responsive. Finally, we shared the chocolate cake which was delicious. This is a family enterprise; the owner's son is the chef, and his wife the pastry chef. We highly recommend Lavinia's and will return soon!Special Features:
- Limited Menu, But GoodPatriciaDined on 7/11/2014Menu is very limited. Not fancy or interesting as it was a year ago, but what we had was very good. If you are looking for thich jucy thick steak, steak, lamb, rabit or lobster or fish varities, you will not find it here. Also, one salad. Recommend for lunch. The look and the feel of the place is the same.Special Features:
- Neat placeHerbDined on 7/7/2014Located in the historic Coe Mansion overlooking Center Harbor, this is the finest restaurant in the Meridith region. The interior is preserved in its historic configuration with an impressive hand-painted mural imported from France adorning the dining room. Service is excellent, and the menu offers a wide range of choices from inexpensive to moderately priced. Customers come in a range of casual dress. Not open for lunch so far this summer. For a special date,dinner can be served in the cupola at the top of the mansion.Special Features:
- Disappointing NightwellseasonedtravelerDined on 7/6/2014After being seated it took 5 mins to give a drink order and 20 more minutes to receive it. The food was under-whelming and the service was poor. Misses such as no salad dressing, no cracked pepper being offered, up-charges for insignificant items when entree's were overpriced to start were the norm...at least for that night. Was told that the wait staff was limited yet the restaurant appeared fairly quit. The table next to us received their wine AFTER they eat there meal and obviously were not pleased. Can't recommend this place...sorrySpecial Features:
- Perfect dinner on the Lake!KellyfamDined on 7/5/2014Lavinia's is a wonderful addition to the Lake Winnepesaukee food scene! The house is beautiful, with a variety of dining rooms, all with a different feel and character. The menu was varied, and everything we tried was delicious, locally sourced when possible and beautifully presented. The service was attentive but not overbearing. Just the perfect spot for a fun dinner out on the lake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2014Strip steak was a very pleasant surprise. Menu has gotten smaller but still great.Special Features:
- appetizers wonderfulstR3gAUKDined on 7/2/2014booked late to see the entertainment actually.. but was pleasantly surprised that the food was wonderful.. Pork Sliders delicious, risotto ball likewise, a little cramped but the service was wonderful. Would sit outside if it had not been raining. Friendly place, love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owners,improved diningSuecastDined on 6/29/2014The new owners at Lavinia's have made great improvements on menu choices and food quality. We loved our dining experience. The house pasta was great for me as a vegetarian. My husband greatly enjoyed his aricini appetizer stuffed with chicken confit and also raved about his entree of pork ragout. The wait staff were all very friendly and made recommendations upon request. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wayland77Wayland77Dined on 6/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner. We have been here several times and all our meals have been excellent. The pan seared filet and the skirt steak are our favorites. Great location in the lakes region of New Hampshire. An old historic building with multiple rooms so very quaint. We like sitting in the downstairs or upstairs bat. Very interesting menu with all meals prepared well. Service is very prompt and friendly. Under new ownership with a new chef. You definitely should check it out!!Special Features:
- A New Favoriteluv2tasteDined on 6/28/2014Have been meaning to try Lavinias for a while. We came by boat and dined early at 4:45. Sat outside. Food was excellent. Love the goat cheese/beet salad. I had the arancini (sp.) and my husband had the blacked fish with mushroom risotto. Again, both delicious. We also had the side of greens which was different and very tasty. Our waitress, Alicia, was very friendly and attentive. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- No Quiet Tablesrhm1Dined on 6/27/2014Have come here often with guests as we live nearby. Disappointed in the noise level in the dining room we were seated in, despite having requested a quiet table. Hope this evening was unusual as we want this neighborhood gem to succeed.Special Features:
- The following 163 reviews are from the Lavinia's reviews archive.
- good foodSpeedyDined on 6/21/2014Had a very good meal. Fast service. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menuWinniVIPDined on 6/20/2014Their menu needs to be expanded. Only one salad choice. Tenderloin taste was not as good as was expected and one guest had to send her's back to have it cooked more. Manager was not willing to acknowledge suggestions of expanded menu. She was more intent on stating the chef's goals.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2014Nice menu, well prepared food, and pleasant ambiance.Special Features:
- Lavinia's was very specialEatnJohnDined on 6/15/2014Table for 4 was booked Sunday afternoon (Father's Day) on Open Table for 6:30 when they didn't open until 4:00. We got our table and were acknowledged immediately by e-mail. The place was busy but not loud because they have a number of small, beautifully decorated rooms. The food was excellent and service polite. On the way out we met Steve McGuff, the owner and he gave us a tour of the whole place, including the downstairs and upstairs bars, the attic and the cuppola in this beautifully kept 1820 mansion. The story of the original Coe House and it's important role in the Underground Railroad during the Civil War is fascinating. We did not see the basement with the original tunnel but I am sure Steve would have obliged us if we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good; Nice FindLoveMaine21VIPDined on 6/13/2014Husband and I stopped here on a Friday night. Very glad we did. Nice atmosphere; we had a view of the Lake (and a hardware store and the road). Service was friendly and attentive. House salad was delicious (the cherries and the goad cheese fritters a plus). I had the lobster alfredo-very good; lobster was fresh, not fishy or tough; Husband had the chicken confit and he devoured it. We did not have dessert as we were in hurry to drive to our place in Maine and we conserve calories. this is a fairly upscale dressy place-not as relaxed as we were!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SparkjakeSparkjakeDined on 6/8/2014What a wonderful restaurant! The hostess was very accommodating to our request for table change due to room temp and while waiting, we were graciously brought glasses of iced water. Once seated, we were given a table in a beautiful room with a view of the lake. Our server, Christian,(not sure of his spelling...sorry) was very efficient, attentive and sweet. It was also a pleasure to be greeted by whom I assume was the owner, as he made his way around the dining rooms. But the best part was the food! Delicious!! We both had the beet salad, my friend enjoyed the pork ragout and I had the fish tacos. We split a slice of pecan pie. OMG....everything was so good! I will definitely return to Lavinias'.Special Features:
- RalphMDined on 5/30/2014First time at Lavinia's and I was very happy. Food was very good, especially the squash soup. House salad was excellent. Pork Ragout was very good. House pasta was tasty but a bit on the smoky side. Cheesecake was very good. Overall, one of the better restaurants in the lake Winnipesauke area. I would highly recommend Lavinia's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was good. Better now.ZtaKEDVIPDined on 5/30/2014Restaurant changed hands over the last few months. Was good before but is better now. Server was very pleasant and efficient. Great dinner menu. Kitchen was spot on. Respectable wine list. Our guests from San Francisco commented it's as good as most SF restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, beautiful setting.SusanneDined on 5/24/2014Menu is a bit limited, but everything we ordered was very good. If you like old houses, you will love the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than we'd hoped forPanocheDined on 5/6/2014We weren't sure what to expect since we'd heard the restaurant had changed hands a few months ago but all was well. Much better than that, actually! Went on an early May Tues. The squash soup was excellent, as was the pan-seared (blackened) salmon on mushroom risotto. My partner had clam chowder and the pasta -- also very good. Service was friendly and attentive. The menu offers a more-than-sufficient list (in my book) of what they call "Firsts" -- salads, soups, appetizers -- and an interesting list of "Seconds": main courses. The "Seconds" range from, IIRC, a $16 burger to a $32 filet mignon so there's a decent range for both pocketbooks and appetites. There's also desserts but we didn't have room. Planning to go again; much more to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Nice ambience. I would like to see the menu expand. The food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lavinia'srhm1Dined on 4/28/2014So glad they are part of our town. Great place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuluvingoodfoodDined on 4/19/2014We enjoyed the experience and loved the distinct menu. So many excellent choices. We definitely want to return to try the other dishes. Everyone raved about their meal. My seared scallop dish although listed as a side dish on the menu, was plenty of food when paired with a salad. Our server was friendly and obviously proud of the restaurant. Great...can't wait to return. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so impressedjeriDined on 4/6/2014Not so impressed with the menu.......It has the feel of high end dining, but the menu is so so.......presentation of food only fair.
- Great Experience Awesome foodWinniDined on 3/26/2014We heard there was some changes at Lavinia's and decided to check it out. The menu has a great selection of appetizers and entrees including in house made pasta. We understand that the Chef's focus is to utilize local fresh ingredients, prepared daily, and have seasonal menus. The beet salad was large enough for the two of us to split and was delicious. I had the Belknap burger and fries - it was excellent and portion size was enough to take some home. My wife had the Braised short ribs on braised greens and parsnip puree which was very savory and tender. Service was very good and overall a great spot - will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local gem among the tourist spotsPetersonDavisVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food is great. But, I've never had a better blend of amazing and genuine service, breathtaking dining rooms and great food. I guess it should be no surprise that you feel like you are walking into a fabulous friend's family home when you arrive. It is a historic family home and they keep that history at the center of your experience. However the fact that EVERYONE behaves like you are a dear family friend is what is amazing to me after three consistent dining experiences. Ask for Sophia, she is amazing and remembered us on our second visit. I must say, I have never experienced so much attention from the GM, Doug, at a restaurant after just three visits too. We will be back for many special meals!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed dining - good foodHmanDined on 3/8/2014A favorite dining spot for locals who enjoy it's good food and reasonable prices. The front and upstairs rooms offer more formal sit-down dining (with table clothes, sort of a rarity in the Lakes Region) and the pub is just a comfy, fun place to hang out and enjoy a cocktail or dinner. The menu is pretty diverse and the food (mostly casual dining and/or comfort food) is very good, with high quality, fresh ingredients. Don't let the word "comfort" food fool you though. The Chef is sophisticated and so are his creations. There is a small out door warm weather dining area that overlooks the village and Center Harbor Bay and features live music on select evenings. It's a great summer's evening!Special Features:
- MenuHoneyDined on 3/7/2014Disappointed in the new menu. Not enough meatless options. Would like To see more vegetarian or chicken items. Lavinia's has been one of our favorite spots due to friendly reception of Host and excellent service. We love the pub area for casual dining and appreciate light meals in the $15 range. We live about 35 minutes away so do not go out that often. Thank you for a very pleasant evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef, Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went there for Valentine dinner. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnernhdinerDined on 2/14/2014We had an excellent Valentine's Day dinner at Lavinia's the other night! All of the food was cooked perfectly and the waitress and staff were very accommodating to our requests and an allergy. The beef short rib was excellent as was the lobster alfredo. Prices on the wine list were a little pricey per glass, but they had an excellent selection. Looking forward to returning and we will definitely bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mised the mark by a mile.ThomasDined on 2/14/2014Had eaten in the bar previously and thought dining would be better. We were disappointed to say the least. The waitress did not explain the special and the table was terrible. That table should only be used as a last resort. When the place is over full and dining on the stoop is the only other option.Special Features:
- locallocalDined on 2/14/2014Some of the meals were disappointing. the fish and chips were over cooked, fries were tiny and very overdone. Pork dish was flavorful but lacked substance. scallops were tasty and cooked very well. Salad was good menu is limited and eclectic and prices were high.
- We'll be back!sdd12dVIPDined on 2/8/2014We had no idea that the restaurant had been closed for a week and this was the first night it was opened under new ownership/management, and with a wonderful new chef. My husband and I settled into the cozy upstairs bar area and had the most delightful evening. Dinner was delicious and the Martinis, Malbec, and waitstaff were delightful. So glad to know there is a gem like this in Center Harbor and that we don't have to drive a long distance for a fun and fabulous evening. I highly recommend Lavinia's, and we'll be back there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On it's way...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014New owner, new menu, new chef. The food is outstanding , really delicious, and it turned out, worth the very long wait to get it to our table. We will give Lavinia's a few monts to get their feet on the ground and then will try it again. They have a number of wrinkles to work out in terms of service, but these are easily remedied with good management. It has long been one of our favorite restaurants and we will hope that it continues to be. Their new chef is doing a great job, and I highly recommend the butternut squash soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.