10123 River Rd
Potomac, MD 20854Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehuntersinn.com/
- Phone: 3012999300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am-10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Redskins football games on tv
- Special Events: Banquet rooms up to 40
Catering Menu for home events
A word from Hunter's Inn
The Hunter's Inn opened its doors in the heart of Potomac Village in 1977. An Instant success, local papers named Hunter's "The best place to meet", "The best place to make a deal" and "The most romantic restaurant". Washingtonian Magazine described the burger as one of Washington's best. The Hunter's Inn has been reborn through the efforts of Washington natives Fred and Murray Berman. The two brothers combined have more than 50 years of restaurant experience. Since they've taken control over the restaurant's operations, immediate improvements have been made to the quality of food and service. Concentrating on fresh fish, quality meats and innovative menu selections as well as large entree salads, pasta, ribs, and chops. To compliment the menu, Fred and Murray have expanded and enhanced the wine list, making it one the most extensive in the Potomac area. Hunter's Inn is considered the "Cheers of Potomac".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Hunter's Inn - Best Restaurants in Potomac ›
Hunter's Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (18)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A nice spot for lunchHappyDinerVIPDined on 11/11/2013Hunter's Inn was our lunch place of choice on Veterans' Day 2013. We all agreed to food was very good and our server was marvelous. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always dependablesurfergirlVIPDined on 11/6/2013The menu offers a great variety at lunch and at dinner. there is a fun pub-like side and a quieter restaurant side so patrons can "fish their wish."Special Features:
- We go to Hunter's Inn knowinggeniusVIPDined on 11/1/2013We go to Hunter's Inn knowing that we will be getting excellent service and food. I have only been there for lunch with friends, but we go knowing that we will never be rushed and that we can enjoy good food and sometimes when we choose a delicious desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just bad foodbethesdanVIPDined on 10/31/2013The special of the day, pulled barbecue chicken, turned out to be chicken with partially melted cheddar cheese, no sauce, no resemblance to bar be que. STAY AWAY!
- DatedJBeeVIPDined on 10/4/2013It's like walking back in time to the 80's - the bar area is where all the old regulars seem to hang out. It's depressing in the dining area with no atmosphere. I guess if you're over 70 you might like it.
- Welcoming neighborhood PlaceNanaDined on 8/23/2013Very friendly, good service, very accomodating to tweaking your order. Good menu and comfortable seating options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other than forgetting to giveReganVIPDined on 8/21/2013Other than forgetting to give us our open table points, we found this to be a great bar happy hour. Wish we had a similar venue in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- DisappointedAlexaVIPDined on 7/13/2013I chose this restaurant because I knew that its traditional menu would work well for a pleasant dinner with grandma. And so it did. Hunter's Inn offers a comfortable array of decently prepared but overpriced items. And given its quiet, inn-like ambiance and neighborhood feel, that should have been just fine -- except that our service was deplorable. Our waiter forgot my friend's drink, never refilled our water glasses, completely botched my order (perhaps because he didn't write it down), delivered entrees before clearing finished appetizer plates, and never checked in to ask how the meal was. I'm not usually one to fuss about service but when you're already overpaying for a predictably mediocre meal, there is no excusing it.
- ComfortOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013Enjoy the quiet of off times. Pizza was great but the salad had lettuce not in keeping with a #1 restaurant tho' the comination was very interesting. Their specials are wonderful - 1/2 price burgers and beer on Saturday cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/9/2013wonderful staff - cheerful - food was pretty good - just not a memorable restaurant
- Way too expensive! We wentBumbleVIPDined on 5/20/2013Way too expensive! We went for lunch and for chicken fingers and a burger it was almost 40 dollars. Very disappointing and we will not be back.
- Cozy eleganceAmandaVIPDined on 5/7/2013Hunters Inn is a cozy but elegant restaurant in the heart of Potomac Village that is a neighborhood gem. Country feel with elegance. I love the food as well. Delicious plates, sometimes servings are a little on the small side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We don't have a lot of restaurantsSandraDined on 4/27/2013We don't have a lot of restaurants in Potomac so the competition is not that high. We come often to this restaurant, since it is close to home and the food is decent; sometimes it is better than others. It is a large restaurant and would most likely have a table even if you don't make reservations. For us it would have been a 4 star experience, as usual, but the bread was stale and indifferently cut into some bits and pieces. it wasn't offered without asking, so I guess they would rather not serve it. I usually have one of their dinner salads, which are very generous;and we can recommend the hamburgers as well.
- Food is better than my lastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Food is better than my last visit. Menu has "lighter" options for diet-minded patrons. Waitress was attentive without being annoying. Seems to be a "locals" hangout with many diners table-hopping to visit friends. Older crowd, but a nice vibrant feel to the place. Time to freshen the interior a bit. A very good dining experience overall.Special Features:
- 1st time going for EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/20131st time going for Easter Brunch, it was realy nice & relaxing for the whole family. Service was a little slow but it was Easter.Special Features:
- Good local "diner-like" food.abegweitDined on 3/31/2013Good local "diner-like" food. Comfortable for family groups and successful kids menu. Great bar too. More of a lunch/brunch spot than fine dining. Would definitely recommend Hunter's Inn with the above advice.Special Features:
- Used to be consistently verysmoriartVIPDined on 3/26/2013Used to be consistently very good quality food. Noticed a change for the worse last fall. Suspect they made have changed Chefs.
- Asked for room temperaturedLoveDined on 3/22/2013Asked for room temperatured bread and waitress answered that they did not serve warm bread... I was not asking for warm bread, but I did not want cold refrigerated bread. The crab cake has too much bread inside and out.Special Features:
- Great bar, great specialsecotaitDined on 3/13/2013Great bar, great specials (almost every night), with tasty food, amazing martinis and a solid wine list, Hunter's can always be depended on for a great meal (with family, friends or an intimate dinner).Special Features:
- It was the first time forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2013It was the first time for my friends and they all were impressed and would come back. gotta love your manhattans!!!!Special Features:
- We hadn't been to Hunter'sRandyVIPDined on 2/15/2013We hadn't been to Hunter's Inn in about a year. The food was over priced, and I think we were shocked that a tiny plastic bottle of diet coke was served and cost $2.75 - with no refills mind you. The crabcakes had too much filler and the cobb salad had brown lettuce. The scallops were tasty but not filling. Not quite sure what happened to the neighborhood gem we knew and loved, but Hunter's Inn seems to be nickling and diming its customers for average food.
- Unwelcoming and Poor Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2013When we arrived, the host greeted us with disdain (we were delayed due to local traffic). I expected the restaurant to be packed to the gills and understandably so on Feb. 14th. In fact, there were empty tables. So the reason for the unfriendly welcome is hard to fathom. The wait staff was inattentive. No bread offered. While the waiter noticed that my water glass was empty, no effort was made to fill it for lengthy periods of time. The food was genuinely pedestrian fare. The service was laughable. The restaurant has a great location, but that doesn't make for a great evening.
- We had a very pleasant DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013We had a very pleasant Dinner on the evening of Valentine's day. We were seated in the bar which was not our first choice but worked out fine. We were not looking forward to the live music but it was a singer and he was not too loud and was fine for background music.The salmon dish was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was okay -- not great.SachyVIPDined on 2/9/2013Food was okay -- not great. But waiter made the experience less pleasant. We were sharing an order of oysters and asked for two forks with the oysters -- he told us there already were two forks on the table (dinner forks). When we asked him to divide our dessert, he told us he could not. (We cut it in half easily.) Service was slow. We asked about mignette sauce for the oyesters and he didn't know what we were talking about. Okay experience, but I would not rush back.
- They had great round tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/24/2013They had great round tables to occomodate a group meeting. The foodmwas delicious and went out oftheir way for vegan customersto creat nonmenu itemsSpecial Features:
- Pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/24/2013Prices were higher than I remember. We asked for a CUP of soup and we received large bowel at $6.50 and i think that was too high.Special Features:
- Go to Bezu insteadLLV2VIPDined on 1/4/2013Service got off to a slow start with too much and then NONE as our table for 4 assembled. We finally got our cocktails but 2 guests had the most powerful martinis on record and had to ask for more citrus (in one) and more apple (in the other). Flora Springs Trilogy 2003 wine was a good bargain and outstanding with the meal. The only real plus of the evening, frankly. Food was not memorable. Scallops were small (just four of them) and overcooked, sitting on a plate of what looked like taboule. Disappointing. Other guests fish and chips, ribs, were not memorable either. Since we were celebrating a guest's new job, we overlooked it all and made it a great evening for us, but Hunter's Inn didn't contribute to that much at all.
- we really like the cozinesssteveDined on 12/30/2012we really like the coziness of this place with the booths and the fireplace. it's comfort food and just fun. it is a bit like a pub but is kid friendly. we will be back soon especially for half-price burger saturday.Special Features:
- Our favorite local place toOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/21/2012Our favorite local place to go for a drink and dinner, whether a hamburger (which is excellent at Hunters Inn) or a full plate entree such as fish or meat. It's all delicious, and because the management is right on the scene, you have a sense that everything is always under control. We prefer the bar side, but diners can alternatively choose the quieter, more formal restaurant side.Special Features:
- A pleasant dining spot withJudyVIPDined on 12/20/2012A pleasant dining spot with a nice, quiet ambience. The food is good "homey" fare. A nice place to go with the family.
- Limited menu choices but whatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/12/2012Limited menu choices but what they have is all cooked to perfection. I had the veal Milanese and the crust was crunchy , the meat succulent. Loved it! If you want to hang out with a friend you go sit in the bar area which is lively and energetic, if you want privacy you take the other room which is very quiet.Special Features:
- Warm welcome by hostess. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/25/2012Warm welcome by hostess. They have a few round tables which is nice for parties of 6! There also have a private party room.Special Features:
- dont goOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2012The service was horrible and so was the food. I would not recommend this place. Dont believe all the good reviews. I did and I was suckered.
- Nice neighborhood restaurant.RonGVIPDined on 11/10/2012Nice neighborhood restaurant. Very good burgers. Excellent scallops. Good service.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs proveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012The food was wonderful. Everyone in our party of six was very pleased with the food. It was very tasty and the presentation was wonderful. Our waiter was awful as he couldn't understand our order, we couldn't understand him , he was slow and didn't check to see of we needed anything. However, the rest of the waitstaff seemed very good and did their best to compensate for our lousy waiter. In spite of his lack of waiter skills, we will still go back and give it another try because the food was so great.Special Features:
- tastelessOlneyNeighborVIPDined on 10/13/2012The food here was hardly passable. My husband had a caesar salad. It had no flavor. I had eggplant with crab meat this was not too bad. The entrees were so tasteless. They spend good money on the ingredients, scallops and trout, but that is where it stops. The dishes had no flavor no spices, no sauces.... just zero. The bill with tip came to $125.00. Not money well spent
- Comfortable hangout spotAnnaRDined on 10/7/2012Met a friend for lunch and found it a great spot to sit and talk for a long catch session. Food and prices were reasonable. Service was okay, nothing outstanding. We were seated in the bar area with multiple games broadcast on televisions around the room, but we were still able to talk comfortably.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant, consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2012Very nice restaurant, consistent quality. Classic American fare with contemporary culinary twist. Loved the tuna tartar. Service is good.Special Features:
- Update Yoiur Menu, Please!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2012Food was good. Only problem was that the Tuscan Eggs Benedict I ordered was suppposed to, according to the menu, come with Proscuitto rather than the usual Canadian Bacon. Mine came with the bacon. While it was tasty, it was not the proscuitto I was expecting. When I questioned the waiter, he gave an assumed answer, saying the kitchen "probably" ran out of proscuitto. He returned a few mins later to say the chef told him they stopped carrying proscuitto "a few months ago". Why, then, is it still on the menu? There is no excuse for this and it put the waiter in an uncomfortable position of having to attempt to defend while appologizing. Not the waiter's fault. This is the Head Chef's and Owner's fault. Service was acceptable, not exceptional
- Definitely not up to the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2012Definitely not up to the quality that we normally experience with other Open Table restaurants.