10000 Turkey Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wglakes.com/
- Phone: 4073527933
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 8:00am - 11:00am; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Brad Zorian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Smokehouse Grill
The Smokehouse Grill is an award winning authentic Southern BBQ restaurant voted the Best in Orlando by readers of Orlando Magazine and AOL City Guide. Also awarded the Best BBQ Award at the 2008 Gatlinburg Rib Fest. Featuring slow cooked brisket, smoked in our Southern Pride smokers for over 14 hours and our St. Louis Style ribs smoked for 5 hours. The steaks at the Smokehouse are hand cut just for us and seasoned with our own recipe. Breakfast at the Smokehouse is a family favorite offering an array of unique pancakes including the "off the chart" Red Velvet and Banana Split pancakes. Don"t forget to try our homemade Brisket Hash.Continued
Breakfast and Dinner served Daily.
Breakfast and Dinner served Daily.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Smokehouse Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (7)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Christmas Dinner Done WrongLittleChefDined on 12/25/2013Looking for a place for Christmas dinner, Smokehouse was available, close to where we were touring for the day, and sounded fairly reasonable. Except for the cheery service, that's as far as good comments go. When making reservations, OT listed that we had a choice of a Christmas buffet OR a modified regular menu. After we were seated, we were told there was only the buffet. We should have left right then. For the price ($30 a head!) this was the saddest buffet I've ever seen. Disappointed would be an under statement. We are not major buffet diners but we have gone to enough to know what to expect for an appropriate value. It was a complete waste of time, money and anticipation. The regular menu might be good but we will never know.
- The day we went the restaurantMityMarkDined on 12/25/2013The day we went the restaurant put on a buffet. Most of the hot food was dried out as if it had been sitting quite a while under the heat. The selection was poor. Only one relatively small table of main items, only one salad with no dressing and had to ask to have some brought to the table. The only excellent item was their BBQ beef. The dessert table was fair. The price of $69 for two people was OUTRAGEOUS considering the food selection and poor service. I hope their normal menu service is much better than the buffet experience but we will not return to try it after such a sorry experience.
- Orlando BBQRLMJLVIPDined on 12/25/2013The brisket was great. It had a really nice bark. Juicy, flavorful. They had a really nice house sauce served on the side. Not too sweet, a little tang, a very nice sauce to compliment the brisket without over powering it.. The smoked turkey had great flavor and juicy. It was not dried out. We really enjoyed our meal. The service was outstanding. Very attentive, but, not intrusive. Overall, we had a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabo barbaquemoemanDined on 12/23/2013Great barbaque everything. Brisket. Ham. Pulled pork. And ribsSpecial Features:
- BBQ gemGampoDined on 12/2/2013Combo BBQ for one can easily feed two, as was recommended by our very friendly and helpful server, Tony. The St. Louis style ribs, brisket, ham and pulled pork were great! Unique sweet potato fritters. The baked beans were both sweet and tangy. Quite a bargain for dinner for two and leftovers for lunch @ about $20 + drinks. Also, lots of non-BBQ options that looked good -- steaks, fried chicken, burgers. We will go back!Special Features:
- Worth a visitJoeBDined on 11/23/2013This restaurant is located next to a Westgate Resort complex but was not crowed when we visited on a Saturday. Food was good, special requests honored without attitudes, prices were reasonable and if you have children who like video games they have an arcade at the back of the restaurant. Bar serves all types of alcohol beverages, beers and wines, though not a large selection of wines. It is a good restaurant, food more than enough to eat, take home bags might be required. All in all it is worth visit. Very friendly wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!Hpksl2Dined on 10/26/2013We loved the food at the Smokehouse Grill but the portions were definitely much bigger than we expected! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dads80thBirthdayDads80thBirthdayDined on 10/24/2013My husband and I just visited on October 24th - 25th with my Dad to celebrate his 80th Birthday. Resort stay, the food and service were excellent. We look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date with the wifeCoachDined on 10/11/2013Atmosphere was awesome, a great place to dine or have a drink. The food was cooked as ordered, tasted very good. The ribs were meaty and juicy, the salads were fresh and crisp. The server was not very attentive, only check on us twice during the meal. Had to ask to have our drinks refilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodDineoutfor2Dined on 10/5/2013The experience was good in general, it would have improved it if we ware offered a table by the window to enjoy the beautiful sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe because it was so late...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013We made a 9:30 p.m. reservation (flying in to Orlando) but were treated as if we were an inconvenience when we showed up that late. Two significant menu items were not available. My second choice was ribs, which ended up being dry and not very tasty. Like I said, with the restaurant closing and our waitress having every table in our area, I would think it would be much better earlier in the evening.
- Glad I tried itnayinvaDined on 8/21/2013I've had the smokehouse ribs before in TN so this year while in FL for vacation we tried it there. We stayed in Westgate Villas so we had to drive a bit to get to Westgate lakes to eat but glad we did. Breakfast was AWESOME. I wish there was a smokehouse grill on Westgate Villas because I think I would have enjoyed eating there everyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good!Jamierc21Dined on 8/18/2013The food was good. Very large portions. Wait staff was friendly. Easy access from Westgate Lakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an ok place to eatBrianVIPDined on 8/17/2013The service was really slow and unattentitive. The brisket was great though the pulled pork was over cooked and very dry. Salads that were ordered came out after dinner was on the table. For a tourist place it was average. As a Florida resident I'd much rather head to one of the better places.
- Eating out1chrissyDined on 8/14/2013We love the smokehouse great food, huge portions. Really enjoyed our evenings Dinning outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the Kids!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013The little game room was good got the kids. If it was a little farther away from the dining and bigger that would be even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great bbqbobbo1480Dined on 6/30/2013Great experience. Food was excellent from the black and tan onion rings to the tender brisket to the authentic ny cheesecake. Highlyrecommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatKhoseamVIPDined on 6/25/2013Ordered appetizer, salad and entree. After a long wait all food came out together. Ribs were tender but the smoke was too heavy for lack of a better word. Smell and taste lingered for two days!
- worst bar b-que I've ever hadJannyVIPDined on 6/23/2013What a disappointment...food was bland, drinks were watery (should have ordered a beer, not a margarita! The only semi-positive thing I can say about it was the portions were large...too bad they weren't any good. My husband did like his brisket, while I had nothing good to say about my ribs.Special Features:
- overall ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2013Service was excellent and the food was average. My husbands steak was over cooked and the manager came out and comped it. Its your average grill house. Nothing special.Special Features:
- Best barbecue!JCCLYMERDined on 5/2/2013Jose our server was helpful and attentive. The Barbecue Beans were the best I have ever had. Generous portions. Great value for the money. If you like Barbecue, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don;t bother goingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Disapointing....food, service below par....prices are not
- The food and the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The food and the service were very good. It was timely and not a long drawn out sequence of drinks, appetizers, main course desert and chasing down the waiter for the bill. The waiter was attentive and helpful. The food was done properly and served in a appetizing fashion.Special Features:
- Not such a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2013Waiter we had seemed like he would rather not be there. Only one bottle of Cab in the house so if you are a wine person.......food was okay but delivery made it not as enjoyable. Bartender, made a good martini but he was not a very "jolly" guy so no chit chat offered.Special Features:
- Not great. Very heavy fattyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Not great. Very heavy fatty food. I was very excited to have the award winning brisket but the slice I received was not only cold but had a 3 inch square slab of fat on it. Gross.The server was nice and attentive but overall it was not a great experience.Special Features:
- We ate breakfast buffet allOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013We ate breakfast buffet all 5 days of our stay. Food was very good and impressive presentation. Can't go wrong with this buffet! The omelets were out of this world!Special Features:
- Food was good brisket in particularOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/31/2013Food was good brisket in particular was great, however service was lackadaisical and overall ambience was not great. Well priced though for the quality of food, and family friendly.Special Features:
- We loved the ambiance andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013We loved the ambiance and family friendly atmosphere. The kids loved having the tokens to play on the machines while waiting for the food. The food was excellent and the desserts were fabulous. We would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Sadly we were not impressed. My husband sent his steak back and by the time he got a new one he was eating alone as I'd had to get on with mine or it would have gone cold. It was noisie and full of unruliness, with kids running in and out of the games room. The music was too loud to carry out a conversation. We are prepared to give it one more chance.......Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)FoodieVIPDined on 2/27/2013The staff at the restaurant do not seem to be familiar with using Open Table. I had to call several times and then contact Open Table to get my reservation points. Otherwise, the food was great.
- Not bad.GRluvsMasaDined on 2/16/2013Not bad of a restaurant for its particular location. We did have a big group of 12 people. Nonetheless, we did not see our waitress too much, though she was extremely friendly. Our kids of varying ages did enjoy their food greatly.Special Features:
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was a great place to eat! From the wait staff to the food itself! Me and my fiance will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- We booked this on the spurOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We booked this on the spur of the moment while in Orlando and had a very nice meal with excellent waitress and got superb tacky cocktail glasses to take home with us. All in all a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2013The Bloody Mary marinated steak is amazing. I'm not into steak too much but was craving some and I ate it all it was so good. My husband kept trying to sneak piecesSpecial Features:
- Went after a Orlando MagicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Went after a Orlando Magic game, we were worried about finding somewhere to go since it would be New Years Eve. Service was great even though our waiter was very busy. He gave us personal attention. We felt confident that he knew to let the chef know about a severe alllergy and he advised us on menu choices. Food was your typical sandwhiches or steak type of menu. Steak was not the greatest but was cooked to the way I ordered. Salads were very good, wine choices were a bit lacking. would be nice to be albe to get a nice glass of better quality for those that want it. Over all the service made it worth going, otherwise forgettable.Special Features:
- The wings were supprisinglyFrankDined on 12/26/2012The wings were supprisingly great! I would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Went to the Smokehouse forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/25/2012Went to the Smokehouse for their BBQ, but they only had a Christmas buffet. Similar to dining on a cruise ship.
- BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2012If you enjoy good home cooked BBQ with out the work this is the place to go. The service is friendly. Our food was prepared quick and was delicious.Special Features:
- We missed a couple items thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We missed a couple items this year; pulled pork and smoked turkey. The "sides" buffet also seemed a little less overflowing when compared to last year. And the gravy was way too salty. I was also disappointed that the % -off coupon I got as an owner wasn't honored.Special Features:
- Good value and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2012Food was excellent and there was plenty of it. Just walking into Smokehouse Grill makes your mouth water if you are into the BBQ scene. We were surprised that you would good food in a hotel type setting. The only issue we had was the drinks seemed to be watered down.