39 Downing Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 2122551790
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Galen Zamarra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Mas (farmhouse) is set off the main dining room and can seat a maximum of 24 people. For additional privacy the private dining room can be closed so as to shield private dining guests from other customers.
- Private Party Contact: Adrienne Summa 2122551790
- Cross Street: Bedford Street and Varick Street
- Public Transit: The A, C, or E and B, D, F, and Q lines all stop at West 4th Street which is approximately three blocks from the restaurant. In addition, the 1 line stops at Houston Street and is one block from the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: A private parking garage is located on Seventh Avenue South and Morton Street. The garage is a mere two blocks from the restaurant.
A word from Mas (farmhouse)
Elegant New-American cuisine using locally grown and sustainably raised foods cooked using modern French styles and honoring classic technique. The ever-changing menu is printed daily, tied with twine, and contains the finest ingredients sourced from small farmers and local fishermen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mas (farmhouse) reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (146)special occasion (141)romantic (115)neighborhood gem (78)notable wine list (69)good for groups (21)hot spot (14)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- MasAlfonso2Dined on 7/14/2014great food experience the Gnocchi was unbelieavable too much to say not enough space!! great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemTheodorVIPDined on 7/13/2014Wonderful unpretentious restaurant on a little dingy-looking street in Greenwich village. Excellent wine list, great food and service in a beautiful space with lovely decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and creativeNanaDined on 7/8/2014Very charming restaurant with inventive and delicious food. The salads and pork are really good. I was expecting a little bit more from the nhoque- the menu described it so deliciously i was expecting a bit more of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014The staff was lovely and super attentive. We enjoyed the 6 course tasting menu. My only issue was that they used spring peas in 3 of the dishes. The flavors were overwhelming and I will now forevermore associate spring peas with mas farmhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but question valueNYDinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014First time at MAS. First table they gave us was in the center shared table which was a bit awkward as it was a bit wide for good conversation, but they were very accommodating, & moved us to a preferred round table in the back room, but the room lacked ambiance. Our waitress was fantastic. She was extremely helpful with food choices and wine recommendations. Our main issue was with the value, not about the food quality. Had the four course prix-fixe menu, delicious and worth the price. More concerning, 99% of the wines on wine list were $200+ per bottle. It felt limiting as only one Burgundy was $100 all others were significantly more. Overall, an enjoyable experience, but would not recommend based on approx $200/pp price tag.Special Features:
- PerfectEllen326VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food is great and the four course custom option or the chef six course tasting menu are perfect as the dishes are unique and you will want to try as many as possible. The menu changes in accordance with the season, so variety is never an issue! And the service is second to none.Special Features:
- Great all-aroundAdamsORDVIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent service and interesting dishes. Everyone was attentive and provided insight into each dish.Special Features:
- One of the Best Dining ExpierencesMagellan432Dined on 7/3/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and tried the Tasting Menu. Every single dish was amazing. The Sommelier had great recommendations, and the whole staff was extremely nice and helpful. The price point is a little high for a daily visit, but it's worth every penny. I will be back and recommend Mas (farmhouse) to everyone who wants a delicious meal or a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantYodiVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our first time here although we have been staying in SoHo for years. It was a quick walk. The staff couldn't be nicer. The food was delicious and you can make your choices from the whole menu. Notable was the trout, gnocchi and creapinette.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014The team of servers was perfection. From coordination of food courses and wine pairings the servers were without exception the best I have experienced.Special Features:
- Really memorable evening at MasrobsiiiVIPDined on 6/24/2014We found Mas through both a friend and its stellar Zagat review. In New York for a birthday celebration, we had a fantastic experience. Both the food and the wait staff were great. The service was impeccable without being overly fussy. We ordered the six course tasting menu for our group and the waiter was very accommodating with wine pairings. Mas will go on our every-trip-to-New-York list. And mercifully, no one tried to sing "Happy Birthday."Special Features:
- Worth the wait...LeylalovesparisDined on 6/23/2014My BFF lives in Downing and we pass the restaurant all the time. We keep saying we'll go in one night for a special occasion. Well I've just made a big transition at work and it was time to celebrate! Everything was divine and sumptuous. Our waiter was attentive without being overbearing and each and every staff member added to our enjoyment. The restaurant has a lovely vibe which quickly makes you feel welcomed and at home. I will be looking for something else to celebrate soon ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findfascinatedVIPDined on 6/22/2014Great neighborhood, lovely staff, delicious food. We'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2014Awesome spot for inventive fresh farm to table dining. Sit back and let the chef take the reins with a blind tasting menu with wine pairings!Special Features:
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Everything was perfect for our anniversary dinner. Although this is not an expensive restaurant, it feels like the quality of the experience globally was worth the cost. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Marvelous Mas!TravelJunkieVIPDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I have been dining at Mas for many years and it continues to deliver outstanding food in a warm, unpretentious and elegant space. We had the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings (as we often do) and enjoyed every scrumptious sip and morsel. The team is unfailingly gracious and attentive. If you have not yet had the pleasure of dining here, we highly recommend that you treat yourself to a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Underwhelming Special OccasionJasonKVIPDined on 6/19/2014Recently went for an early dinner for my three-year anniversary (and told the restaurant when I booked on opentable.) Besides for a table in the back (near the kitchen for heightened foot traffic), and an note from the pastry chef on the dessert I ordered and paid for, there was no acknowledgement of the occasion. The food was above average but not nearly as good as other restaurants to which Mas is often compared (North Fork Table and Inn, Blue Hill Stone Barns.) The almond crusted crab cake was dry and the duck was almost tender but not where it should have been. The gnocchi was superb and so was the tuna. All-in-all, an average experience.
- Great staff. Great foodLuvgreatfoodDined on 6/18/2014We celebrated our thirty second anniversary And the staff made this night one to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceDiningDollDined on 6/18/2014We went there for dinner and the prix fixe menu was very reasonable. Staff was attentive and went out of their way to make sure we had a great experience. If you want to go on a culinary journey in a chic quiet spot this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, big priceMerklDined on 6/13/2014I'm a twenty-five year old man who makes a good amount of money for my age, so take this review with this consideration in mind. The food here is very good, but also quite expensive. For what I paid, about $210 (before tip) for an appetizer, entree, dessert and a cocktail for me and my date, the dinner was a good value. Did it blow me out of the water? No. I've had better dinners for less, or equal price. A nice place to try though, if you get the chance.Special Features:
- DivineDivineDined on 6/12/2014The restaurant was beyond my expectations. I had asked for a banquet and was escorted to the most lovely table in the adjacent room which I highly recommend. The waiters and service people were amazing. They quietly and unobtrucably clear your plate after each course and set out another set of silverware before each course is served. We were introduced to the tasting menu and asked about any allergies and likes and dislikes. Each course was leisurely served. We were never rushed through dinner and we truly dined. Great ambience. Casual yet in fine taste.Special Features:
- MadRobieVIPDined on 6/11/2014A great disappointment. The staff so attentive at first virtually ignored us as the restaurant filled. My entree was barely warm the soubert was tasteless. Not worth the money or another trip.
- Chef Galen and staff does it again!mgr504VIPDined on 6/11/2014We continue to come back to mas whenever we are in New York. Galen, Bear and the staff hit it out of the park every time! The food is insane and the service cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TO DIE FOR and DIE INOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014The food and presentation was just about as good as I have ever experienced in NYC, perhaps just a nose short of Bouley or Per Se. Service was solicitous, interactive and informative if also just a little fore-square and informal. (the superb food demanded a little more formality of service, IMHO). The visual ambience was more than acceptable... HOWEVER, the aural ambience was INSANELY loud. For a good 90 minutes, if we closed our eyes, we thought we were at a very exciting hockey play-off game in MSG. We couldn't stop laughing at the cognitive dissonance between this DIVINE food and the auditory mis-en-scene of TIMES SQUARE at its loudest. Will certainly go back but only off-hours.
- One of my top picks in NYKittykitchenVIPDined on 6/9/2014Absolutely love this restaurant. The food is spectacular, the ambiance intimate yet energetic. Extensive wine list. Quality on all levels. I've been going to Mas since it first opened, and I will never stop! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- FantasticJohnDined on 6/9/2014Great service (although not as polished as some other restaurants I've been to), warm and friendly atmosphere. Oh, and GREAT food! Everyone was thoughtful and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Dining ExperienceBelmontBabeDined on 6/7/2014We had a great meal at Mas (farmhouse). The service was particularly good; I love how they always served us both at the same time or retired our plates at the same time. The food was very good. We'll return, no doubt!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Everything was wonderful!! Nice to have the tasting menu where not the whole table has to have the 6 course menu. Also very nice to be able to pick from a la carte menu for the 4 course menu. Did the wine tasting and loved it. Definitely recommend this restaurant. Not inexpensive but well worth it for a special occasion!!Special Features:
- Still hungry!MikeVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is one place you should not come hungry! We had the tasting menu. Too little food for $250 plus tip. The staff was nice and that's why I tipped 20%. Once ordered the plates were very small and we felt trapped into a expensive dinner with very small portions. We will not return! We walked a few blocks and had pizza which was very good and not over priced!
- very enjoyable eveningBubbaVIPDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I had an early dinner as Mas. Service is just perfect. Food is very good with the 4 course dinner for $88 providing nice choices and very ample portions. Lovely place in the village to spend an evening. Not cheap, but nothing bad to say about the place.Special Features:
- Delicious fresh farm to table foodBelle654Dined on 6/5/2014Food was excellent. Very fresh and cooked perfectly. Long Island Duck was succulent and moist. Halibut had a nice crust and garlic sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousjschVIPDined on 6/5/2014you will not be dissapointed. everything delicious and done perfectly. a truly great dining experience.Special Features:
- this place is fabulousreichersDined on 6/4/2014Delicious food. Very flexible menu. Excellent service and really lovely setting and ambienceSpecial Features:
- OutstandingNYCBizTravelerVIPDined on 6/4/2014Outstanding food. Fantastic service. Fine dining with a west village atmosphere. Really loved it. The tasting menu for two people with a cocktail each, after a 20% tip came out to $266. Definitely not cheap, so if you prefer to spend less on dinner, then definitely consider this place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service, Delicious MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/2/2014We had the flash-seared tuna, beef tartare, octopus, and the duck. The tuna was amazing and perfectly done - nice light flavors so it didn't compete with the tuna flavor. The beef tartare was also very good. I've been on an Octopus kick lately, and this octopus was done just right. The duck was not like any duck dish we've had before - absolutely out of this world!Special Features:
- BeautifulLDuganVIPDined on 6/1/2014Farm to table feel...so fresh and interesting. Bar tender made a special drink for me that was most refreshing. Staff very professional. Cute, small, and very intimate.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2014We had the 6 course with wine pairing and loved every single moment of the evening. The staff at Mas couldn't have been more accommodating, knowledgeable and fun to spend the evening with. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014From start to finish, mas Farmhouse was a memorable evening. The food was incredible, the octopus sublime, and the duck left me speechless. Thank you also to our server for recommending a great bottle of wine and for his fresh energy.Special Features:
- One of the bestFoodhunterVIPDined on 5/30/2014Mas farmhouse is one of the most underestimated restaurants by Michelin guide. It's really a very special place in NY that makes the experience of dining unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in Charming SettingNyerVIPDined on 5/30/2014What a lovely gem this restaurant is. Wonderfully warm service, a creative wine list and the most interesting way of dealing with a menu in NYC. They suggest a three course meal but then you can substitute anything else from the ala carte menu. And what a menu it is. Always what is the freshest from the market in a creative but warm style.Special Features: