76 Wharf St
Salem, MA 01970Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hipfinz.com/
- Phone: 9787448485x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Serie Keezer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the active Salem waterfront, our 2nd floor function room offers 1,400 square feet of flexible space perfect for any formal or informal social occasion or business event. 6ft windows overlook the Pickering Wharf Marina, and the Pickering Wharf Merchants Row provide beautiful natural lighting to compliment our lofted ceilings, natural hewn beams, and warm beige tones. While the room is beautiful on its own, there is plenty of opportunity to express your own creative style and our experienced event staff is available to assist you with your planning and vision. The function room is handicapped accessible and offers private restrooms and bar. Seating for 30 -110 and cocktail reception style for 125.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Dorman 9787448485x19
- Cross Street: new derby
- Public Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking lot located on Congress St.
A word from Finz Salem
Innovative and inspired menus, a raw bar serving fresh seasonal oysters, our carefully chosen wine list all lead to an extraordinary dining experience. The menu at FINZ emphasizes seasonal, fresh seafood creative preparations. Our raw bar serves the freshest local oysters, clams, Chilled lobster, Colossal Crab and shrimp and is available until closing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Finz Salem - Best Restaurants in Salem, MA ›
Finz Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (131)scenic view (128)good for groups (64)special occasion (63)great for lunch (54)fit for foodies (53)vibrant bar scene (49)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (45)hot spot (35)kid-friendly (29)great for brunch (18)late-night find (11)notable wine list (8)Show More
- We went here for New Year'sljlblueVIPDined on 12/31/2012We went here for New Year's Eve. Great food with no added on pricing because of New Year's Eve. DJ playing great music for the occassion. Just a really good time.Special Features:
- Good New Year's Eve with FriendsBrittopiaDined on 12/31/2012- Tables are very close together and noise level is very high, making quiet conversations difficult - Non-rave for the rabe - texture and taste was like bitter chewy wood - my husband and I both had the same problem. These issues are not significant enough for us not to go there. We enjoy the food, drinks and staff very much.Special Features:
- It's OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Went on NYE early and we were seated at a table that had a very bright spot light shooting down on us. I wanted to ask to be moved but I didn't of course. I ordered a special cocktail that was suppose to have plum purée and a sugar rim but I think I got something else and i didn't say anything but now thinking we probably paid more for it since the plum cocktail cost the most. I honestly did not enjoy myself. The waitress would have helped us clear these problems but everyone seemed very busy so I didn't want to bother . Next time I will because its pretty costly there. Overall it was ok but I wish I went to 62 instead.
- Service is fantastic!! I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012Service is fantastic!! I had the grilled salmon which was done to perfection . My wife and I took our daughter (12) and it worked for all of us. My wife and I have been here alone and always had a great experience .
- We have eaten here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2012We have eaten here before and returned with a group that included several people with gluten allergies, knowing that they had a gluten friendly menu. The food was good, but the waitress disappeared for long periods when people wanted another drink or glass of wine. The waitress also started to clear the table while several people were still eating.Special Features:
- excellent seafood, well prepared.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2012excellent seafood, well prepared. great Salem location. very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Harbor view was nice evengud2groDined on 12/16/2012Harbor view was nice even on a cold rainy night, and unlike similar restaurants, window tables are not freezing/drafty. The menu includes well done basics along with more creative items. Freshly streamed edamame were a great appetizer. The shrimp tacos (whole shrimp)were spicy and beautifully done. The cookie dough based dessert (often ho-hum) rated among the top chocolate desserts we've tried. We saw a small business group having a holiday party and thought it was nicely done, complete with a small appetizer buffet.Special Features:
- We had reservations and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012We had reservations and they knew we were coming from the Christmas Trolley Tour next door....when we got there a few minutes late, there was no table for us so we waited 15 minutes to be seated. Not a good start.
- Food was excellent and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012Food was excellent and service was both friendly and responsive. Excellent for either either social or business dinners.
- Baked stuffed lobster wasnorthshoreVIPDined on 12/7/2012Baked stuffed lobster was good BUT the sides were lacking and the lobster had no meat. Swordfish was good but expensive and everything was just plopped on the plate.
- Finz is primarily a fish restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012Finz is primarily a fish restaurant (duh!) with some pretty interesting and tasty dishes in addition to straightforward grilled fish-of-the-day offerings. The oysters are super! I wouldn't call this a place for foodies but it's good, and lively. It can get pretty noisy at Finz, especially on the weekends when the bar is full. Don't go with friends who are hard of hearing, but go with friends! In spite of the fact this is a waterfront restaurant, you're really looking at boats -- not out to sea. Still, the outdoor deck is nice in the summer.Special Features:
- Just experienced a wonderfulSharon123Dined on 11/15/2012Just experienced a wonderful dinner at Finz during Restaurant Week-Salem. The food was delicious! The artichoke soup still is on my mind!Special Features:
- Not worth the price. Was preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2012Not worth the price. Was prepared to spend money on good food, instead spent money on mediocre food. We have had better seafood in Indiana!
- The food was fabulous. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/3/2012The food was fabulous. This is a place to go for truly great seafood. The oysters were wonderful! We had a great time here.Special Features:
- Made a reservation for 9:15OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Made a reservation for 9:15 got there at 845 they told us about 15 min and we would be seated , we ended up waiting an hour! That made me very upset, the food was good however overpriced!
- Stay away during halloweenRoman18Dined on 10/27/2012Stay away during halloween week......too busy crazy! Otherwise great restaurant!Special Features:
- We went on the Saturday beforeskipinmaVIPDined on 10/27/2012We went on the Saturday before Halloween which is Salem's busiest day of year, picture Witch Mardigras and you get it. Our waitress was perfect under duress. She was also dressed in a bloody school girl costume (picture Brittany spears run over) The Food was great. My daughter love the kids mac and cheese, I had the Black and White Tuna which was perfect. We started with Oysters and they were perfect as well. My Girlfriend had the Talapia fish tacos and they were perfect. Very Good experience overall We will go back.Special Features:
- We all shared. Buffalo calamariOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012We all shared. Buffalo calamari was awesome, lobster mac and cheese was amazing, crab cakes were really good and the paella was pretty good.Special Features:
- last time i was there theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012last time i was there the place was hopping and the food was amazing it seems to have went downhill , the whole place seemed tired , the service was quick but i think they had the appetizers calamari already prepared as it took seconds to come out as did the Clam chowder which was definately out of a can looks like we will not be going back anytime soon
- I love Finz. I have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012I love Finz. I have eaten here many times and am never disappointed.Special Features:
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2012Being my first time to Finz I didn't know what to expect. I truly loved it! THe drinks were fabulous. The best Bloody Mary I've ever had. The fried oyster were fantasti, and the Haddock was great. I was so full I regret not having dessert.It was so good we came back the next day!!!!Special Features:
- I thought it was good. ARidgeDined on 10/21/2012I thought it was good. A little pricey for the portions and I saw that everyone else got bread an d we were never offered any. Also, my Open Table App was not working so I did not get credit for dini ng.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening at Finz.Carrie8706Dined on 10/21/2012Wonderful evening at Finz. The salmon was fantastic! I literally just kept saying, oh my God this is delicious! Wonderful view and good atmosphere. Was a little surprised to see so many young children there, but no one cried so it was alright. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, they were busyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Unfortunately, they were busy and rushing you in and out of the place to keep the table turning. Other than that, things were very good.
- I love this restaurant - beenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012I love this restaurant - been there many times. It was a Saturday night in October (in Salem) so those without reservations had to wait a long time, but we got our table right away.The service was great. It was noisy being near the bar, but given the time of year it was understandable.Special Features:
- Howling at our decision to Finn'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Quite the hot spot! Way too noisy for me to enjoy any conversation with my party. Food was fabulous, so was the service! Knowing that October is always a wild time, I was prepared, I will look forward to going back on a quiet weekend in Nivember.Special Features:
- Great Food, Not so great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Food was fantastic! Server was great, especially considering how crowded the restaurant was that night. Reservation made a week ahead was not honored. We were seated 30 minutes past our time slot. We had another reservation to see a performance and just barely made it. There was not scenic view, as advertised. Tables are crowded in to maximize # of guests, but it does not do anything for the experience to be sitting on top of other diners with almost no elbow room.Special Features:
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Buffalo calamari and pan seared tuna were fabulous! The lobster ravioli had tons of lobster inside and out. Server was very accommodating and ready to make recommendations. Great place to eat!Special Features:
- Great service and a very decentKennVIPDined on 10/20/2012Great service and a very decent meal as always. A fairly broad but not very compelling wine selection (by the glass).Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012The food was very good but the service was slow. It looked like our waitress had too many tables to keep up. We waited a long time for her to come back once we had our dinners and were trying to order a bottle of wine. Also, we noted on our Open Table reservation that it was our anniversary and no one mentioned it once. We weren't expecting free food or anything but a "Happy Anniversary" from the host or server would have been nice!Special Features:
- Two claws up!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012This entire experience was wonderful. Jen made our night. The food, ambiance, menu, wine selection and even location were all fantastic. But the real Gem there was Jen. What ever may happen, do not let her move back to Florida! Sure her cat won't have as many colorful lizards to play with, but you guys had a lobster tank right? :) thank you, you truly did make our anniversary dinner fantastic! Alisha and Jake Kimbell Anchorage, AlaskaSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful meal withChipDined on 10/18/2012We had a wonderful meal with great service. Upscale ambience. Great selection of drinks especially craft beer. Wiill definitely be back on our next visit to Salem.Special Features:
- Went here with a large studentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2012Went here with a large student group after a Salem tour. We had a great meal. Food arrived promptly. Thanks Finz!Special Features:
- Just OKSadieDined on 10/13/2012My husband and I were a little disappointed after reading and hearing that this was a great place. It was OK. The food was OK. Our fried calamari seemed rubbery and a little over cooked. The atmosphere was casual and pleasant. We had good service but we were a little disappointed that, after ordering the fried calamari for an appetizer, our server didn't mention that there was also a big helping of the same fried calamari in the paella that my husband ordered for his main course. We would have ordered a different appetizer. Overall, Finz is nothing to get excited over. It isn't a place we would avoid going back to but it also isn't a place we would make a point to go back to.Special Features:
- The food was good but theKC19Dined on 10/11/2012The food was good but the service we received was poor. Our server could care less that we were there. We waited a long time to order. The server brought us bread long after we had finished our salad. After our entrees were brought she never came back to see if we needed anything else. We were not asked if we wanted coffee after dinner.(which we did)
- This was our first visit toiluvnewengDined on 10/7/2012This was our first visit to Salem, and we had heard good things about Finz. We were not disappointed. We had delicious food that was excellently prepared and attractively plated, the service was attentive without being intrusive, we had a great view of the harbor, and all in all it was a totally fabulous experience.Special Features:
- No doubt one of the best restaurantAwesomeDined on 10/7/2012No doubt one of the best restaurant I have ever been. My compliments to the chef. The food was out of this world. The services outstanding.Special Features:
- We went in Oct., which isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012We went in Oct., which is an extremely busy time of year for them. The wait for a table was about an hour and a half but I had predicted this and made a rez. We arrived early & they seated us with 15 minutes. For an app we chose the Blackened Catfish Tostada which was fantastic. My only complaint was that we asked if it could be made mild (my husband can't eat spicy food due to stomach issues) and though they omited the "blackened" spices on the fish, they sprinkled chopped jalapenos over the top, poor hubbie. He ordered the Roasted Atlantic Salmon & cleaned his plate so I have to assume he liked it. I ordered the Coconut Tilapia Fish Tacos & though I didn't taste much coconut, it was delicious, just wish this one was spicier.Overall GREAT.Special Features:
- Finz is on the waterfrontLowellFoodieDined on 10/6/2012Finz is on the waterfront in Salem. It's great for outdoor dining and watching all the marina activity. The menu is primarily seafood though there are a couple of non-fish options. They have a great selection of appetizers. The wine and cocktail list is interesting but not extensive. During October, Salem is full of activity celebrating the Halloween season and its history of the witch trials. A fun place to be and a fun restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Seaside SeafoodScubasanDined on 10/6/2012I loved Finz. I'm always skeptical of tourist destination restaurants, but Finz just happens to be a great seafood restaurant stuck in the middle of Salem, the city of witches. We ate on their wraparound deck on the waterfront on a perfect Saturday afternoon. The food was great. I had the Seafood Paella which was nicely seasoned with tons of fresh fish including tender scallops and surprisingly tender calamari, in addition to clams, mussels, white fish, etc. My girlfriend had the Shrimp Enchilada and that was equally good. And special note to the owners on the music: GREAT! I never would have thought jazz at the avant-fringes would work in a restaurant, but it did. I kept perking my ears up, "Is that Coltrane?" Fantastic.Special Features: