76 Wharf St
Salem, MA 01970Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hipfinz.com/
- Phone: 9787448485x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Serie Keezer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the active Salem waterfront, our 2nd floor function room offers 1,400 square feet of flexible space perfect for any formal or informal social occasion or business event. 6ft windows overlook the Pickering Wharf Marina, and the Pickering Wharf Merchants Row provide beautiful natural lighting to compliment our lofted ceilings, natural hewn beams, and warm beige tones. While the room is beautiful on its own, there is plenty of opportunity to express your own creative style and our experienced event staff is available to assist you with your planning and vision. The function room is handicapped accessible and offers private restrooms and bar. Seating for 30 -110 and cocktail reception style for 125.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Dorman 9787448485x19
- Cross Street: new derby
- Public Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking lot located on Congress St.
A word from Finz Salem
Innovative and inspired menus, a raw bar serving fresh seasonal oysters, our carefully chosen wine list all lead to an extraordinary dining experience. The menu at FINZ emphasizes seasonal, fresh seafood creative preparations. Our raw bar serves the freshest local oysters, clams, Chilled lobster, Colossal Crab and shrimp and is available until closing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Finz Salem - Best Restaurants in Salem, MA ›
Finz Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (121)scenic view (113)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (57)special occasion (55)great for lunch (47)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (33)kid-friendly (25)great for brunch (16)late-night find (13)notable wine list (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014enjoyed the oysters starter ,,,,,, grilled swordfish very goodSpecial Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014This is our 3rd time to Finz and as always it was FANTASTIC!!! We went celebrating our anniversary and due to lack of babysitter brought along our 5 year old daughter with us. We sat outside and got a little wet when the rain started, but over all it ended up being just a great night. ( Even the kid behaved WOOHOO!!!) Thank you Finz as always for a wonderful meal. Buffalo Calamari is just the best appetizer. No wonder I have cravings for it.Special Features:
- Good foodFoodiemamaDined on 7/13/2014I took my daughter here for her birthday. I got the Baja Tacos and she the Steak Tips Caesar Salad. The only reason I took one star off was because of the size if the tips on the salad. My daughter had to take each one off her plate and cut them into more bite size pieces before she could eat them with the salad. My tacos were awesome however and I would definitely get them again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but not what I expectednotwhatIexpectedDined on 7/12/2014We made a reservation at Finz on the recommendation of my good friends from Salem. We arrived at our reservation time to be told that their was no seating outside in the shade and the wait would be another 45 mins. When we returned after 45 minutes, we were seated under a shade only to have the sun blasting at us at that time of the day with children. Big problem. No one gave us menus or took our drink order for almost 30 minutes. The deck had no room to move and can't really accommodate a large group comfortably. The view is just okay for Salem harbor as you look over a small dock of boats in the canal. The food was amazing 2 hours later. Not what I expected or desired for a great outdoor family meal. I will reconsider going back.Special Features:
- Do not eat hereAwfulnightDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I were very excited to eat outdoors on a lovely summer evening. Things started well as we sat and our drinks and appetizers arrived promptly. However our dinner NEVER arrived after 1 hour upon repeated assurances from our waiter that it was "on its way". I can't believe a resturant can simply have such poor service. We left with to go bags (2 hours later from our reservation time) and I will never return. Clearly people come for the view and drinks and overlook the fact the food and service are terrible. If this place were in Boston and not a suburb like Salem it would alienate people like it did for me and close within a year.Special Features:
- Lovely outdoor dining!MickeyDined on 7/10/2014We sat outside on the water with a view of the marina. I like that we could make a reservation and were seated right away. Food was good-especially loved the peanut butter pie!Special Features:
- Surprisingly good for tourist spotCaptainLindaDined on 7/5/2014Given the touristy location, my expectations were subdued - but I was pleasantly surprised. The menu selection was so good that we had a difficult time choosing. And we were all very happy with the quality of our entrees. (Appetizer calamari can be skipped - pub quality.). Service was very friendly. Not a bargain price-wise. Had a wonderful dinner with our teenage son and his girlfriend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FINZ Seafood is amazing!VTCarolDined on 7/5/2014We had a house salad (large and very fresh) and littlenecks (always beautifully presented and outstanding taste). We then had shrimp-topped haddock, salmon with risotto & balsamic drizzle, and shrimp piccata. The piccata was excellent - the shrimp were well-cooked and plentiful, with the linguini playing an appropriate supporting role. The haddock is a favorite, and was as well-prepared as always. The salmon was stunning - perfectly cooked (done but not overdone), with a moist and delicious risotto and tendrils of strawberry. We finished with butterscotch pudding, key lime pie and a brownie sundae featuring Maine wild blueberry ice cream. I couldn't eat it all, but scooped up every bit of ice cream! Oh - and they take reservations.Special Features:
- Good food, lovely settingRebeccaDined on 7/5/2014Food here is good without being particularly memorable or striking, but a lovely setting in a lovely town and great for a leisurely lunch. Service was inattentive and scattered.Special Features:
- terrible experiencejackDined on 7/5/2014This was our first & last time at Finz. The food was average and the service was poor; but we did not have an opportunity to let our server know since he did not check back until we were finished. An umbrella blew a table over a couple feet from us on the patio and the staff opted to repair the broken table by stomping on it right in the dining area. The final straw was when our bill was dropped off with the dinner prices charged for our lunch entrees. Needless to say our experience start to finish was less than enjoyable! We would not recommend spending your time or money at Finz.Special Features:
- The following 434 reviews are from the Finz Salem reviews archive.
- Shoshana did a great job !Sybil1Dined on 7/1/2014We were a party of six meeting for our annual dinner together. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tuna tartare. superbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Fins makes the best tuna tartare I've ever had and I've had it everywhere. Other diners had scallops and the seared tuna. Both loved their meal.My steamers were tough but I loved sitting on the deck and the again,the tuna tartare,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good over the years!Alex3485Dined on 6/29/2014We have dined here many times over the years and have never had a bad meal. To eat outside on the patio on a warm summer night overlooking the boats is delightful. We brought with us two out of state guests who enjoyed their meals very much. The only complaint was from one of our guests who is a "wine snob", and complained about the bad wine glasses to drink the expensive bottle of wine he ordered from. The rest of us just rolled our eyes, and I told him this is not a fancy place at all, but good, decent seafood food, best in Salem!Special Features:
- Used to be goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Someone needs to pump some money into this place. Used to be one of our favorites but the menus are dirty, the A/C was not working the day we were there (85 degrees) and the food was just ok. Come on Finz upgrade the place or you are going down the chute.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafooddineoutalotDined on 6/29/2014Had their sea bass special. Good but not going to set any standards.Special Features:
- Top quality foodBobMDined on 6/29/2014This might look like an average waterfront restaurant. But that's far from the reality. The service was above average. The food quality and inventiveness was outstanding. Of course fish is a must. But the crisp, fresh flavors are really excellent.Special Features:
- kbe1030Dined on 6/28/2014Duxbury oysters were excellent (when are they not?) - my friend and I each had the yellowfin tuna entree but oddly enough the cuts of tuna were not similar (one looked less rare than the other) but otherwise a very enjoyable dining experience. The only one thing I would add is that, while we had reservations for a specific time, we were told upon arrival that it would be another half-hour wait, until we said that we did not require outdoor seating. But otherwise, no complaints.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!!!HockeyMom08Dined on 6/28/2014Perfect ending to a perfect day with the girls. It came highly recommended and it didn't disappoint. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great seafood, great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Great service, we made a reservation for 4 on Friday night. Seated right away, very attentive service. Would go again and recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Excellent!GracenSteveDined on 6/22/2014We found the good and service here to be the best. After being seated at an ok table, our waitress immediately offered us a better table near a window that became available shortly after we sat down. That was more than I would have expected without having to ask for a table change. The food was delicious - I only wish that I could have finished or wasn't going to a home so I could take a "doggie bag." I will definitely return when I am visiting the area again and will be sure to recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Apps and DrinksFinzDined on 6/21/2014We sat outside and had apps and drinks. The apps were great, good service and great viewSpecial Features:
- great setting!GinnyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Situated on Pickering Wharf in Salem Harbor, the view is great. The food was delicious and service perfect. Moderately priced and great menu. A lovely place to dine on a summer evening.Special Features:
- Very good food, good valuefoodappreciatahDined on 6/18/2014Fresh seafood, & many choices of entrees, as well as tasty cocktails. Nice atmosphere.....my only complaint would be that the parking availability is tricky, especially if you are not from the area.Special Features:
- WHY bully clients?1serialdinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014It's not as if we were trying to be difficult, but you could have fooled us by the way we were treated. Most of us at the table with our 93 Father have worked in restaurants, so we know not to push buttons, especially at a Holiday brunch....so please don't have the wait staff push our buttons! When I say wait staff, I meant to call them "make you wait...staff" and then be surly! It's such a pain to park there anyway, we won't miss going.
- Another Great TimeCatertoAlzheimersDined on 6/15/2014This is the second time we have eaten here, and it was fantastic.... Again! All had a wonderful time and Mom was happy as a clam! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gret food bad servicekentVIPDined on 6/15/2014Waited at a table for service for awhile until I changed the table and got the attention of a waitress. Got iced tea dumped on us, no napkins were provided waitress seemed embarrassed for herself (it wasn't her fault it was a hot glass with ice it just shattered). No free coffee at end to make amends...pity because the food was FANTASTIC, service was poor.Special Features:
- Service IssuesLove2EatDined on 6/15/2014Had reservations for Father's Day. Got there at 1:00. Got our drink order and put in for appetizers (steamers and hummus plate, great!). Drinks were fine but it took the wait staff 45 mins to tell us that they were "out of steamers". A "fish" establishment and out of steamers?! Placed our dinner order. Still no appetizer on our table (how long does it take to make hummus?), no bread, nothing! Three drinks and an hour later, we got bread and a little after that our hummus plate! All in all, the food was great and the they took the hummus plate of our bill! I would definitely return but the service was a little to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need help shucking oystersNorthshore94Dined on 6/14/2014It's a nice place with a nice seafood menu. Service was pleasant and prompt. Only had one issue: oysters are $2.50 per oyster; that's a little on the high side but still acceptable. What's not acceptable is that the shucker wasn't properly taught how to shuck oysters. He was a nice young man and was trying but you could see he was laboring with the process. One thing that you absolutely must do when shucking oysters is to release them from the shell prior to serving. This wasn't done and should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time isn't a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Food was mediocre, waiter was mediocre. No bother to mention menu items that were sold out, slow service. Food was mediocre - not what you would expect from a higher end seafood restaurant. This is the second time in several years we've been disappointed - I pushed my husband to give it another shot this past weekedn and now it's permanently blacklisted due to our most recent visit. Manage expectations - announce specials or that there is a specials list and let customers know if you are out of something either on the regular menu or the specials menu.
- DinnercamplouDined on 6/13/2014Food here was acceptably good, but not special. Service seemed a bit slow at times, but overall time in restaurant was within normal. Key Lime pie was outstanding desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemrockdocsteveVIPDined on 6/8/2014My husband and I were going to a 7:00pm show in Salem & looked online for a restaurant in the area, preferably on the water. We couldn't have found a better one right on an inlet. Nestled in the midst of a touristy shopping neighborhood, we found this to be a very attractive selection. The hostesses & waiters were very friendly, professional and diligent in their jobs. I ordered the fish tacos because I have food allergies, I couldn't have the lemon or cilantro that normally accompanies this dish. The waitress was VERY attentive to this & even had the chef put sliced avocado w/o the lemon on my tacos! My husband LOVED his paella. We didn't have time for dessert, but all of the dishes that came out of the kitchen looked appetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerdenise607Dined on 6/7/2014Food was delicious and the outdoor dining was perfect. Great weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time!MarKevVIPDined on 6/7/2014We were spending the day in Salem and made dinner reservation here last Sat. So glad we did because the restaurant was full. My husband & I shared a couple of apps: a dozen big oysters & tuna tartar to start. Then for dinner he had haddock, while I had lobster mac & cheese. Very rich in sauce & plenty of huge chunks of lobster in the dish. I managed to eat 1/2 of it & doggie bagged the rest. My husband wanted to try their twinkie tiramisu for dessert. Honestly, I didn't like it at all. I tried a couple of bites, but substituting twinkies instead of lady fingers for tiramisu just wasn't my thing. We shared a bottle of California Cabernet for $38....not a bad price for a decent bottle of wine. Service was awesome!Special Features:
- Finz just OK.KenA123Dined on 6/6/2014Crab avocado app was really good. Lob mac and ch was ok. Waitress put in wrong order for one of us and took back all three meals. Correct meals came back out and all meals were the right temp. (hot stuff was hot and cold stuff was cold)Special Features:
- Tasty in SalemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014We ate a delicious lunch here last thursday after arriving from NYC. The oysters were top-notch and the fish tacos were excellent. Our wait person, Haley, was absolutely delightful and charming. She made the experience of eating there a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsljlblueVIPDined on 6/4/2014We go here a lot. I have always wanted to try the Tower but we never had until now. It is fantastic! Oysters, clams, shrimp cocktail, crab and a lobster. We first tried the special appetizer of guacamole and crab, then had a Cesar salad and the Tower. What a great meal for two, definitely getting it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic seafoodtj44Dined on 6/3/2014I was very impressed with the food. I even loved the goat cheese appetizer... and I hate goat cheese. Definitely a little pricey for a normal dinner out, but the food was well worth it. Baja tacos were amazing and the haddock looked to die for. My only complaint is that I wasn't too fond of the beer selection. Others in my party loved it. I'm just not into a lot of the fruity craft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fried oysters!SteveMichDined on 6/3/2014As an appetizer I had the best fried oysters of my life, plump and not too much breading. The paella as a main course had way more seafood than rice!Special Features:
- Fimally SummerIsabellaVIPDined on 6/2/2014Met up with a few friends after work - it was finally a warm day! I made the reservation for 6pm and ended up calling to see if I could reserve a table outside. They were very accommodating and even though they said they didn't take reservations for the deck they made a note that we wanted to sit outside and upon arrival they seated us outside without an issue. It was great. The food was delicious and so were the drinks! We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy birthdayfranDined on 6/1/2014my friend and I had a birthday lunch before going to Salem Theatre. Our plates were clean! She had roasted Haddock and I had the Scallop salad. The salad was small and I still was hungry after eating it. We celebrated with a bowl of blueberry ice cream and she had the chocolate peanut butter pie. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.