Ella's Fine Food and Drink
2 Tower St
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ella's Fine Food and Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellasfinefoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: 401-315-0606x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, French American
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef/Owner Jeanie Roland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering on and off site, please inquire.
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cooking Classes, Holiday Events as well We offer Catering On/Off site
A word from Ella's Fine Food and Drink
ELLA'S FINE FOOD AND DRINK is a French-New American Casual Fine Dining establishment with an emphasis on serving delicious house made food that you want to eat right now! We feature Local, Fresh and Seasonal Produce, Fish and Humanely Raised Meats. Our Approach is simple...let the very best product speak for itself. ELLA'S team of hospitality professionals looks forward to your visit, so join us in one of our many venues suited for dining excellence. Enjoy Life......Eat Good Food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ella's Fine Food and Drink - Best Restaurants in Westerly ›
Ella's Fine Food and Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (39)notable wine list (28)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent dining experiencesissalsorDined on 4/20/2014Enjoyable Easter for me and my folks. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingtravelwithcousinsDined on 4/19/2014We've been patrons of Ella's since it opened in 2012 and have never been disappointed. The food is exciting, service superb, and the noise level low enough for intimate conversation. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as UsualAnonymousVIPDined on 4/19/2014We wanted to dine out the night before we'd be having our own Easter feast. As usual, the food at Ella's was top-notch! I usually have fish, but this time I decided on something different that I'd never had before at Ella's: the pork chop. Tender, cooked perfectly, over a sweet kind of crumbled corn bread. It was almost too much to finish. Also, don't miss the sweet and spicy calamari appetizer!Special Features:
- Elegant dining in southern RIRInewbyDined on 4/19/2014Four of us traveled from Providence, which in RI terms is half way across the country, to see what the buzz is about. We were not disappointed. The menu choices and specials took what we all know and love, e.g., calamari or chicken or even pho, and raised them to a new level. The dishes, both in concept and execution, were interesting and delicious...as evidenced by all of us being members of the "clean plate club." While we liked everything we had, the dishes we remember the next day were the lamb and gnocchi, the calamari, and the lobster pho. And, of course, the desserts. We had two, the everything chocolate and the ''donuts" both of which were excellent, but the entire list was inviting. The service was unobtrusive yet attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!LarkDined on 4/13/2014A fine Sunday would be a matinee at the Granite Theater after a leisurely Brunch at ELLA'S then post play returning for a drink and appetizer before heading home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeSlowVIPDined on 4/4/2014Chef Jeanie never disappoints! Amazing food, amazing service, what's not to love?! My favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix FixeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014My husband and I enjoyed our first meal at Ella's this past weekend and loved it! The $20 price fix options were terrific and the food was delicious! Great little mini appetizers came out early and we enjoyed pork chops and salmon entrees and the creme brûlée was outstanding! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Ny style in westerlyKennyDined on 4/4/2014Quality food, terrific service and style. A great fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BoSoxDined on 4/4/2014We had a wonderful evening for a special occasion. All five of us loved our meals. From Appetizers to dessert food and service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Remarkable RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2014We've dined at Ella's dozens of times, and amazingly, the food, the service, and the feeling of the place have only gotten more remarkable. I've enjoyed their fixed price specials with a variety of friends several times this week--a starter and a main for $20, impossible to beat in a five star restaurant--finding plenty of great choices in both categories. Favorite starters--the pate, the preposterously tasty, Asian- inflected calamari; favorite mains--the pasta with Jeannie's home made sausage, Momma's Chicken; favorite cocktail--the Old Fashioned made with Rittenhouse Rye; favorite red wine--The Crusher Pinot Noir.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysNSMikeDined on 3/28/2014The food was perfect and the suggested wine pairings were spot on. Among the many choices to eat in town, Ella's stands above the rest. The creativity of the chef's diverse menu makes me want to go back and always try something new. But, there highlight of every visit is the staff. The service is impeccable, but not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!WilRDined on 3/23/2014One of the 5 best restaurants I have ever eaten in around the world. Fine dinning with out loosing it's hometown appeal. Prices very reasonable. If Ella's was in a major city prices would be three times what they are in Westerly. The bar menu is as good a the main dinning room just smaller portions. Food is awesome waitstaff extremely well trained. Go you will not be disappointed and if you are you might want to question yourself. LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FindJeanDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed the menu which included many items we had never encountered. The service was great and energetic. We went in the winter but it looked like it had an outdoor dining area for summer months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, better serviceEmg7855VIPDined on 3/22/2014The outside of the restaurant is very unassuming, so much so that my husband was very skeptical. He was won over with the foie gras, best he has ever had. The lobster and the halibut were superb. The only slight disappointment was the crime brûlée. It needed something tart like berries to cut the sweetness. The owner stopped by our table and was genuine in her request for our opinion. Our waiter was a gem, very attentive but not overbearing. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Rhode Island.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Calamari were delicious with unique preparation using peanuts. Scallops with crab were excellent. My filet with lobster Mac & cheese was ok, but not worth the $44 price tag. Server was friendly and attentive. Overall a very good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rare superior restaurantJimBDined on 2/22/2014my wife and I dine out frequently, and find restaurants of this caliber very rarely. everything was exquisite, from the service, to each excellent course through dessert. It is almost incomprehensible that it is found in Westerly, as any New York or Boston diner would brag about it as among the best in their cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Gem!travelwithcousinsDined on 2/21/2014We've been going to Ella's since it opened in 2012 and find it to be one of the finest restaurants in southern New England. The menu changes seasonally, and the chef produces outstanding combinations. The service is attentive but not intrusive. And it's nice to find a restaurant where you can hold a conversation in a normal voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food And servicePastaDined on 2/20/2014Excellent food And service pear and parsnip soup was amazing and it was nice of the owner chef to explain the preparation to usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Valentine's dinnerDiscerningDinerDined on 2/14/2014Creative cuisine, excellent in every respect. Pate, tuna tacos, crabby scallops were outstanding. "Just Chocolate" was perhaps the most outrageously rich dessert we've ever tasted. The two of us split it, took half home, and still are sampling it several days later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the prices they charge,SunnyDined on 2/14/2014At the prices they charge, food and service should be exceptional. My mussels were not prepared fresh .... They tasted reheated and were tough. Our salmon was dry without the sauce, black rice was extremely dry and tasteless, bokchoy was two microscopic, wilted pieces. Although the restaurant was buzzing with help, we had to request our waitor twice. The only thing we enjoyed was our bottle of wine and the Ella salad.
- Food was overshadowed by waitstafftreesarecoolDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's night we gave Ella's a shot at the recommendation of family. The menu featured a lot of seafood, with French inspiration. Unfortunately, our server was so timid and uncomfortable, our meal actually became laughable. Her lack of presence and professionalism actually took away from our dining experience. She was delayed in her attention and trailed off at the end of her sentences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation Concern - Who's Fault?BrianDined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation 2 weeks ago for Valentines Day. We love Ella's food, unfortunately during our last dining experience in the lounge the service was not what it used to be. We waited a while for drinks, had to ask for bread, and almost had to beg for a second round of drinks. Knowing this, I made a reservation for Valentines Day. Much to our chagrin, we got seated in the lounge with the same waitress we had last time. While we still had to wait longer than average for our drinks and had to ask for bread, the server's responsiveness has improved. I'm not sure if our seating in the lounge is a result of making the reservation through Open Table but it was disappointing to go out for a special evening and get seated in the lounge.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely delicious!leeloDined on 2/14/2014The food was absolutely delicious! Service was impeccable. Definitely a place to come back to.Special Features:
- BRAVOjeffaVIPDined on 2/14/2014Finally, a restaurant that gets it. Quality of food & service-exceptional! Get it right like they do and I will pay the price.Special Features:
- EpicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Food and staff were amazing. Took great care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014Our server, Yugo, was pleasant, knowledgeable; friendly, but not in that intrusive way.The kitchen was flexible, honoring our request to sustitute polenta/grits for the mashed potatos with the flatiron steak special. Although the dining room was almost at capcity, we did not have to raise our voices to speak. A very pleasant dinner atmosphere with truly inventive and well preared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceSueStoutDined on 2/1/2014Ella's Fine Food was in fact just that and more! Everything was delicious...and the service was OUTSTANDING thanks to Brenda! We will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Very good foodszlatsDined on 1/17/2014RI has a number of very good restaurants; Ella's is among the top five that I've been to. It was rated as $$ on Open Table, I think it should be more like $$$ and close to $$$$ but the meal was worth it. We had one appetizer, one desert, two entrees and one drink for a bill of $103.00. The service was excellent without being overbearing. The food was excellent and the portions were adequate provided that you get both appetizers and dessert. This is was my first visit here and it is definitely a restaurant that we will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We need more Ella'sfood4funDined on 1/11/2014In the midst of a raging storm - we found comfort and joy. 30 minutes late for our reservation due to weather and we were still welcomed and taken good care of. Food as always was amazing! The small plates/appetizers are so plentiful that you need to come with a large appetite to make it to dessert. I chose to have 2 small plates, pork belly and mussels and a salad, still couldn't finish it all! Absolutely scrumptious from beginning to end. I only wish we lived closer so we could become regulars or encourage them to open in CT. too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining experieceQRPMDined on 1/11/2014A culinary gem. Impeccable service and fabulous food which is fairly price. The chef's complementary salmon tartar appetizer was a magnificent surprise. Our group especially enjoyed the morel dusted scallops with root vegetables and the crusted salmon. Menu adjectives were a bit over the top but that was the only distraction from an otherwise very fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twoofustwoofusDined on 1/11/2014We always choose Ella's for a special evening. Delicious food off of the superb menu. Well planned cuisine, made with skill and affection. Love the way that a new menu is presented regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining in WesterlyCindyDined on 1/10/2014Friendly attentive service and delicious food made an excellent dining experience at Ella's in Westerly - I will definitely return and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BoSoxDined on 1/2/2014We had a great dinner. Everything was perfect from appetizers to espresso along with great service. It was wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Enjoyed a New Year's Eve dinner with my friend from Boston. The food was fantastic. I especially loved the oyster special, which had a unique topping. Ella's continues to be my local favorite for special occasions and celebrations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCLNYVIPDined on 12/28/2013First time dining here. Everything was superb. Apps of Foie Gras and Oysters were outstanding, as well as Entrees of Duck Confit and Lamb. Very innovative Chef Will surely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placesuzanneDined on 12/27/2013The menu is nicely varied, the food perfectly prepared. Presentation thoughtful but not over the top. The service was remarkable, we were left alone so that we could savor our meal, no one asked us if we were still "working on that" (Ii am never working when dining!), and the waitperson was knowledgeable and good humored. We had a fabulous time and will go back as often as possible (it's an hour drive for us, but worth it!).Special Features:
- The Food Never Disapponts!!!!!CookieSnapperVIPDined on 12/21/2013If you want a great meal - at fair prices - go to Ella's. The portions are more than generous and the service is above average. The chef at Ella's is very, very good. GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasioncheleDined on 12/20/2013The dining experience at Ella's was phenomenal.Every bite and touch which was provided was pitch perfect. I made sure to purchase a gift certificate to Ella's, for others to enjoy it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013We have eaten here several times and everything is always very hasty. I first went here bc it is where my mother wanted to go for her birthday. When I first walked in I was a little surprised this was the restaurant she chose, however after the great and friendly service and tasty food I knew why. The menu has lots of different selections from small plates and apps to burgers or entrees. The burgers by the way are delicious. The menu is always changing and the drinks are VERY yummy! If you have not already tried it I would strongly suggest going. It's not a huge place so you might want to consider making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westerly gemBAMfanDined on 12/20/2013Happy to see a more interesting restaurant in this area, which is sadly bereft of anything more than run-of-the-mill "American" and Americanized "ethnic" food. Would like to see more nose-to-tail use of meats, though that would probably be more than most New Englanders can handle!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.