Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
3934 West 32nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.highlandpacific.net/
- Phone: 3034776644
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays starting at 9:30pm
A word from Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
When you're in the mood for good times, pleasant dining, and great cuisine, Highland Pacific is a great choice. Our restaurant offers a pleasant, inviting atmosphere that is perfect for casual dining with families and friends. We accept online reservations for parties of 5 or more. The menu features an extensive array of selections, with something sure to please every member of your group. Highland Pacific also features a professional staff of friendly people, who will ensure that your visit is a pleasant one. The restaurant features LIVE MUSIC on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays...a Happy Hour Menu Every Weekday from 3pm - 6:00pm...& the Weekend from 5-6pm, plus the locals love our Music Happy Hour from 10pm Until Midnight. Everybody looks forward to seeing you, so please stop in soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (14)romantic (11)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Bad service, worse foodpm2030VIPDined on 7/4/2013Our waiter had an indifferent attitude, he wasn't friendly or mean, just cold and acting like he didn't care. I ordered the mussels which were terrible. They were fishy and the broth had no flavor at all. My wife had the scallops which were slightly better but still bad. The scallops themselves had no flavor and everything was drowning in a garlic butter sauce. I was disappointed in everything at this restaurant and would not go back.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/30/2013I went here with a date who really enjoys seafood. He thought his food was good, but mine was awful. Granted, I know I got a burger at a seafood restaurant, but it should still be edible. The original waiter we had was very rude, and he ended up switching with a girl named Valerie (who was much kinder). I was also disappointed with their wine list. Considering they have a full bar, I would have expected more than 5 wine choices. All in all, I doubt I will be returning here. Totally bummed.Special Features:
- A happy anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2013This restaurant had a definite neighborhood feel. From the fruit and cheese plate, to the fresh, crisp salad with tasty walnuts and raspberry vinegar estate dressing, to the beautiful and delicious shrimp with andouille sausage and grits..it was all delightful. Our waiter was friendly and helpful, attentive without hovering. We had a great time and will be sure to return.Special Features:
- Don't know why we waited so longTravelerVIPDined on 6/29/2013Went to Highland Pacific Friday night for the first time. GREAT service at the bar, very friendly, decent wine, had my fave Gin (Hendricks), food was very good, and the Oysters were fabulous! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2013The ONLY complaint I would have about this little gem is the clam chowder. It was a disappointment-overpowering wine and bacon flavor-very little clam flavor. However, the entire rest of the meal from the peel and eat shrimp available by the pound, the hush puppies, our entrees and dessert were just exceptional!! Personally, I had the scallops and they were cooked perfect with the right balance of side dishes. The cost was VERY reasonable!! They have specials every day and on our day, it was half off (their already reasonable prices) a bottle of wine! The service was excellent, our water glasses never went unfilled. I will definitely be hitting this little place up again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013We went there for dinner last weekend and loved the food, ambiance, service and especially the happy hour deals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The oysters were fresh andlovefoodDined on 6/7/2013The oysters were fresh and wonderful. The food was awesome. Four of us each ordered something different and then rotated plates so everyone had a bite. All four dishes were very good. The paella was the best dish we had! The wine selection was small, but the wine was good and not over priced. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought us back to the east coast!CMandCGDined on 6/6/2013Crab cake sandwhich was unbelievable! Absolutely no fillers, and perfectly seasoned. The Caesar salad was not swimming in dressing; a perfectly balanced and crisp salad. Our server was attentive, knew the menu, and was helpful in suggesting a solid wine. We favored every bite, and the ambiance was energetic; the clientele: a mix of post work suits and displaced surfers missing the oceanfront fresh seafood locales found in New England or the beaches of California. Will definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for moderate prices.KBrown87Dined on 6/1/2013Great food for moderate prices. Felt like we were the only ones there. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaydinerbirthdaydinerDined on 5/25/2013By using the open table reservation and stating in writing I was taking someone to dinner for a 50th birthday celebration I would have thought that upon arrival and giving my reservation information the hostess would have figured out to offer a birthday treat without me having to say it out loud and spoil the surprize. They seemed to careless that I made a reservation. The prizes are too high and amount of food is to small. The only time to go to this place is Tuesday's for their mussle and fries special and the only time it is busy. The service leave alot to be desired and its lazy.
- Highland Pacific RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2013The service was excellent, the food tasted great and we were surprised at how easy it was to make a reservation one half hour before dinner time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedMSgirl38Dined on 5/22/2013I had happened upon Highland Pacific's Facebook page months ago and that was on my agenda for a visit to Denver. We grew up in Mississippi and spent a few years in Louisiana and currently live in the Northwest so any opportunity to get some crawfish and fried catfish, we jump at it ! We didn't expect it to be great but we were pleasantly surprised! The crawfish poboy, fried catfish with étouffée sauce, hushpuppies and red beans and rice were all authentic. Excellent food and atmosphere- I give this restaurant 5 stars and we will definitely return when visiting the Denver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay food without much punch:rawly59Dined on 5/18/2013okay food without much punch: bland paella, very small oysters. tiny wine list but the white with our seafood was fine. very disorganized staff, with communication issues. little things off, say, ketel one but no grey goose; jw red but not black.
- excellent and can't wait to goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2013we enjoyed Highland Pacific very much. A good variety on the menu, even for non seafood lovers. casual but upscale atmosphere, nice neighborhood feel. we had oysters and scallops. and Monday night was half price crab legs, 1/2 pound for $12. a great deal. We will definitely return again and hope to get there on one of the nights with live music!Special Features:
- A local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2013The food is amazing and the staff is wonderful! This is by far, one of my favorite restaurants. A local gem.Special Features:
- It's hard to find a good oysterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2013It's hard to find a good oyster bar in Denver. But we took a shot and went to Highland Pacific. We were pleasantly surprised...comfortable, casual, great food. A real neighborhood kind of gathering place and we don't live in the neighborhood. We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Overpriced LocationedandjerriDined on 3/8/2013This is an overpriced location for quantity you get. My 4 scallops with some mashed potatoes and spinach looked like a small appetizer. Drank water and never did see any ice.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2013I'm reluctant to say that Highland Pacific seems to have fallen from grace. My wife and I had not been there for over a year, and, at best, I could only call the food "average" right now. I'm really bummed about that, because I used to really like the restaurant. I had to send the mahi ceviche back (very obviously old fish). The paella had lots of rice instead of seafood, but it tasted ok. My wife's shrimp soup (a special for the 5280 menu) was delicious, but her clam chowder was very "basic". We will go back to try them again before we give up on them, but for now I cannot recommend Highland Pacific.
- Not Good Enough to Go BackTravellingPDined on 3/3/2013Food was good but not special. Clam chowder was a let down. Waiter was very interested in leaving early the night we went and the bar was serving a patron who was well past her limit.
- Poor Customer servicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We requested that we sit where the band was going to be that night, because we wanted to stay after dinner & have drinks etc. After 10 of us spent $ on Dinner, they told us that we had to get up from our table because they had to take it down for the band. There was no other seating options for us and they said they needed the room because they were going to get busy. Basically the 10 of us were asked to eat and leave. I will Never go back or recommend them. That was rude and poor customer service. I put my request in 1 week prior. if it was a problem, you would think they would have called me. We went to a bar with Music and entertainment and they were more than happy to accomodate our group of10. FYI our bill was $200 at the other bar.
- Nothing fancy, but alwaysjsmithVIPDined on 2/7/2013Nothing fancy, but always a terrific experience. Food and service were very good. A comfortable, affordable evening.
- This is a small restaurant,ErinDined on 12/15/2012This is a small restaurant, tucked in the West Highlands area. The menu has a great variety and thus far, I have enjoyed everything I've ordered. Check out their website for their specials-they have wonderful happy hours.Special Features:
- We went with a group of friends.PaulaKDined on 11/10/2012We went with a group of friends. We were early for our reservation on a Saturday night but were seated promptly. I could drink their Hurricanes by the bucketful. My steak po-boy was yum. Husband's shrimp and grits were yum. Everyone seemed happy with their meal choices. Great service.Special Features:
- Food was good. Fish and chipsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Food was good. Fish and chips was mahi mahi, excellent. Would definitely recommend mussels and fries and the hush puppies!!! Only complaint would be services was pretty slow. We would have ordered more drinks, but it took so long for the waitress to come by... And it was definitely loud!
- It was a very relaxed atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2012It was a very relaxed atmosphere, no pressure to eat and run. It was a little cold in the front of the restaurant but not terribly uncomfortable. Oysters are fresh and cold. Might want to offer more extras with the oysters (lemon and horseradish sauce)
- Excellent service for a partyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2012Excellent service for a party of 12. All the dinners came out at the same time and were cooked perfectly. Oysters are fresh and tasty. Good selection of fresh seafood.Special Features:
- All the dishes ordered byAndyDined on 9/2/2012All the dishes ordered by our group was very good. I will eat there again.Special Features:
- A great spot with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012A great spot with excellent food, friendly staff and live music on Wednesdays and weekends. I would highly recommend HiPac to anyone.Special Features:
- I went there for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012I went there for my birthday dinner, waited for almost an hour for my table, then the bartender was the only one who seemed to care that our party was standing around waiting for so long. Our server was not very friendly and a manager never came by to apologize. It was not a friendly atmosphere, the staff all just seemed annoyed that we were there. Being a server I understand that large parties can be a pain but that is in the job description of the service industry. The food was good but the restaurant was an overall disappointment for my birthday dinner.
- Good food reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Good food reasonable prices nice for seafood without high prices. Portions are on the small size but with apps you will not leave hungry. Good service nice change from bar or faux bistro restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Restaurant really seems toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Restaurant really seems to care about a personal experience with the diners.Special Features:
- My husband and I love thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2012My husband and I love this neighborhood place but not for its food. The bartenders are great - always try to remember our names and its just got a great neighborhood vibe - lots of energy.Special Features:
- versatile seafood dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/28/2012Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar is a place a keep returning too. The seafood is fresh, the service is excellent, and the neighboorhood is bustling with things to do. The restaurant was very accomodating for a large group, but reservations are a must as the place isn't extra large. Try sitting at the bar gobbling things up from the oyster bar with your love catching the baseball game and sipping on a drink of your choice. Recommend!Special Features:
- The food was very good, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012The food was very good, although the portions were a little small, admittedly an unusual complaint. The red beans and rice appetizer was outstanding. We ordered a second for dessert. Service was a little spacey, but swift.Special Features: