Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
3934 West 32nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.highlandpacific.net/
- Phone: 3034776644
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays starting at 9:30pm
A word from Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
When you're in the mood for good times, pleasant dining, and great cuisine, Highland Pacific is a great choice. Our restaurant offers a pleasant, inviting atmosphere that is perfect for casual dining with families and friends. We accept online reservations for parties of 5 or more. The menu features an extensive array of selections, with something sure to please every member of your group. Highland Pacific also features a professional staff of friendly people, who will ensure that your visit is a pleasant one. The restaurant features LIVE MUSIC on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays...a Happy Hour Menu Every Weekday from 3pm - 6:00pm...& the Weekend from 5-6pm, plus the locals love our Music Happy Hour from 10pm Until Midnight. Everybody looks forward to seeing you, so please stop in soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (14)romantic (11)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Little bit of NOLA pluspoinlawDined on 4/4/2014shrimp poboy dressed as good as it gets. Salads upscale and all reasonably priced. I really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeyJoeDined on 3/30/2014Best Seafood in Denver! I love the Oysters and King Crab!! Sooooo Good!Special Features:
- Good seafood for landlocked folks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014My date and split the seafood chapino and a salad. The chapino sauce was very good, had a little kick but it was a little sparse on the seafood. Otherwise, service was great and had a nice grapefruit margarita that was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Chicken TDF!MolliesellsdenverDined on 3/22/2014We made a reservation specifically for the a Linguini and clams sauce that was shown on the OnTable menu. To our disappointment, the menu had not been updated and everything was different. That was disappointing. But,the oysters were.good, the music was good, and our server was nice. A
- Apps, oysters and main dishBigcity1007Dined on 3/7/2014Apps, oysters and main dish were very good for the price. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters!!SamCDined on 3/6/2014I love their oysters! Also half priced bottles of wine on Thursday nights, oh my... Occasional live music. A little loud, but worth it. We have had a nice experience in the dining room, also it is fun to just sit at the bar and eat oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/6/2014This was the first time we went to Highland Pacific and we couldn't have enjoyed it more. We were looking for something casual and yummy and it was spot on. The food was great, the prices were very reasonable and the service was super friendly. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday - Oyster nightsbuddyVIPDined on 2/26/2014I was trying this restaurant during Restaurant Week but ended up ordering outside the menu when I found out that Wednesday night was oysters for $1.25/oyster and they were the freshest I have had since being in the city! They were served shucked on a bed of ice with hot sauce, horseradish and ketchup. They could have given us some larger slices of lemon but I did not ask. We also had the lobster Penne as a shared dish and a share AHI poke that was delightful. The New Orleans bent was a nice touch. I would return to this place again but the only drawback is the Highland parking or lack thereof!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally made this stopBillDined on 2/14/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant and had been on our list for some time. We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It is a nice, cozy place and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome oysters!lalinaDined on 1/24/2014Terrific happy hour and meal. Fresh seafood delights all- the oysters were fresh, represent the best of the east coast, well presented and so tasty! Pleasant environment with art work to appreciate-Special Features:
- I had dinner at Highland PacificLDehnerDined on 1/22/2014I had dinner at Highland Pacific on a recent Wednesday evening at approximately 7:15 PM. We were seated within 15 minutes of arrival. The restaurant was moderately busy. Our server was friendly and attentive when tableside. Drinks order was taken promptly, delivery was a touch slow. Appetizer order (oysters) was also taken in a reasonable amount of time, delivery was noticeably slow. Main course order was taken promptly and delivered without undue delay. The dining room is comfortably lit; the noise level that evening was moderate, pleasant. The menu, while not exhaustive, offers plenty of interesting options. Most will find the wines selection adequate and somewhat interesting. I would definitely return when in the neighborhood again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MSgirl38Dined on 1/18/2014We are natives of Mississippi and Louisiana and have lived in North Dakota for 3 years. This is the only place we've found in this part of the U.S. that has authentic Southern cuisine. We have dinner here every time we visit Denver. Wonderful food!!Special Features:
- Great placeDunecrazzyDined on 1/18/2014Easy to get to from i25. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Food is great I surprised my wife. With this hot spot. She loves seafood being from the south. She couldn't get over the food, it's our go to spot now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Date Night ExperienceFoodSavvyDined on 1/15/2014My husband and I moved to Denver in March and when he is off of work (he has a crazy schedule) we like to have as many date nights as possible so we have been exploring new restaurants. This week we were craving some oysters and seafood so I googled raw bars and of course got the few extremely expensive places in downtown and then saw Highlands Pacific toward the top of the list as well. I am so glad I checked out their website because the food was amazing and the oysters were fresh cold and delicious! The service was quick and very friendly and again the value for what we received was just fantastic! We got a bottle of wine, 2 dozen oysters and 2 entrees for under $100 (tip included). Easy FREE parking too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters to DIE forBrookeDined on 1/3/2014Do not miss the happy hour oyster deal. $7.50 for a half dozen oysters that will melt your cold, black heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood in the Highlands!WVGirlDined on 12/28/2013We have been to Highland Pacific a few times now, and it has never disappointed. They have great happy hour specials on food and drinks, and great daily specials. We first went there for 50% off crab leg night, and they were cooked to perfection. Their crawfish etoufee is amazing - spicy enough to be interesting, but not so spicy that you can't enjoy the flavor. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Prices exceed qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013The food good, but they charge gourmet prices. For instance, the appetizer would have been a lot better, but it was way over-salted, actually, we thought that everything was overly salty. We have been there several times because it is a neighborhood spot, and on each occasion felt that the prices exceed the quality.Special Features:
- Value not presentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013Restaurant is a nice casual spot. Looks like a good bar but we sat in the other room. Service was OK but a little rushed. The Lobster w/ tomato vodka cream sauce was mixed. The sauce and the noodles were excellent but the lobster meat was very chewy/stringy/tough. We had two orders of it at the table and both seemed overcooked. The scallops, although not as flavorful as the lobster meal, had good texture. The soup (potato leek) was very good.
- Great seafoodRuthDined on 12/16/2013Seafood and oysters are great. They always have specials Everyone is friendly. The place has a great vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time but Not The LastMrGLCDined on 12/13/2013The table was ready for us. The hostess was very nice and courteous. Our server was attentive and fun to talk with - she took the time to exchange pleasantries with us. All-in-all it was a very good experience. The sea scallops were excellent! We chose to go to a place that we had never gone to before that served seafood. Using OpenTable made it all the easier once we decided where to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ImpressedLochbuieDined on 12/10/2013Server did not know a crab cake from a cup cake, mussels we over cooked and served topped with french fries, really FF! Overall I was not impressed!
- Went here on a Monday nightNew2DenverDined on 12/9/2013Went here on a Monday night for 1/2 off crablegs and we were not disappointed. It was not very crowded being a Monday evening but the server was very attentive. We had an appetizer, dinner and desert and all of the food came out just in time. I would highly recommend Highland Pacific to anyone in the Denver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationHappiestHourOfTheDayDined on 12/9/2013We have celebrated my last three birthdays at Highland Pacific; we always have a great dining experience and recommend it for all occasions. It's becoming a family tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful new Creole menu!MistyVIPDined on 11/11/2013We came in for the fish and chips, which we've always loved at Hi Pac, and were initially disappointed when we found that their menu has changed. We went ahead with dinner anyway and we are so glad we did! My fried catfish with crawfish etouffee was so delicious I ate every single bite, despite the fact that I am NOT a seafood person! We always get friendly service here and the live music is usually really good.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseBugsDined on 11/8/2013Had never heard of this restaurant and expectations were not high. Great food, well priced, nice staff, and could actually carry on conversation without yelling, a miracle in today's Denver dining. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Well located in nice neighborhood.RudyDined on 11/7/2013Well located in nice neighborhood. Good prices for tasty food. We were seated in middle room which isn't as desirable as other seating areas. Friendly staff and good bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood at reasonable pricesSeafoodjunkieVIPDined on 10/18/2013Simple but tasty dishes, the chippino and seafood pasta were very good, and the service was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumscebDined on 10/11/2013The seafood cioppino was great.Didn't feel rushed to eat and run. Noise levels allowed for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyAddyDined on 9/28/2013Highland Pacific is a great new find for us! We were super pleased and plan on returning! The crab was awesome!!! My husband was laughing at me because I was having a love affair with my food.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinner!bgarcia920Dined on 9/6/2013I wanted to do something special and go somewhere I'd never been for my birthday, so I decided on Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar, based on a recommendation from a friend and I wasn't disappointed! The restaurant is located in the Highlands in a very charming neighborhood setting and the ambiance of the restaurant is vibrant and the air is filled with great Jazz music! There were 6 people in my group for dinner and we all enjoyed Northwest Oysters that were incredible and we for dinner we each selected a different dish that was delicious! I can't wait to go back and try more of their amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated our 20th byOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2013We celebrated our 20th by having oysters for our entire dinner, they were fabulous. Our waitress was very attentive. We will be back for any occasion.Special Features:
- Not extraordinary but solidJRiberaDined on 8/22/2013A friend and I went here for dinner recently and were both pleased but not wowed by the experience. The service was attentive and helpful, and the food had good flavor. However, my seafood cioppino was slightly overpowering on seasoning. My friend's lobster dish could use less bacon flavor. Overall though, the dinner was nice. Thursday is half price bottles of wine so that was a great deal, and the dessert (bread pudding foster -- yeah, it was a mix of 2 desserts) was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013Our daughter wanted to try oysters. She tried some from east and west coast. She loved it! I'm not an oyster fan and had the Cajun chicken sandwich. There is food for all tastes. Great neighborhood gem. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedskichumleyDined on 8/16/2013After reading mixed-bag reviews on Yelp, I decided to give this place a shot - glad I did! Seafood in Denver can be hit or miss - Highland Pacific is a hit. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourWendyDined on 8/7/2013They have a good happy hour menu, and drink prices are very reasonable. We had seafood for dinner and it was overcooked. Our waiter wasn't very attentive, even though there weren't many customers. We probably would have ordered more drinks if he had bothered to come by more often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going back again and againOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2013One a half dozen bluepoints at the bar, then moved to a table for wonderful fresh fish, mussels, wine and cheese plate for dessert.Special Features:
- We really like it herePeggyE60Dined on 7/27/2013We love the Asian calamari salad. Generally everything we have had has been really good. Also we have found that the house wines are generally decent without being crazy expensive. We found this place kind of by accident and have kept going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I had hoped for!Tishka78Dined on 7/12/2013We were celebrating our anniversary - and while the food was great, the service was a little slow, and the ambience wasn't romantic at all.Special Features:
- Very nice menuMonkeyMattyVIPDined on 7/9/2013The menu had a good variety without being complicated. The seafood had a nice fresh tast to it and was cooked perfectly. I had the scallops and my partner had the cajun chicken fried chicken. We had a great meal. Try the "Pomma Mamma" martini it is great! Our server was a little slow at times but it did not matter as it gave us time to relax and enjoy our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceSnowellenVIPDined on 7/8/2013My husband and I entertained a close friend who was in town. We had a great dinner. Only downside is we waited a very long time from being seated to having a wait person come to our table.Special Features: