Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame
1250 Old Bayshore Highway
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxsworld.com/
- Phone: 6503426297
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sa-Su 9:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Juan Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 40 people comforatbly
- Private Party Contact: Hung Tran 6503426297
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every evening from Sunday - Thursday 6pm - 10pm and Friday and Saturday 7pm - 11pm.
A word from Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame
For over 25 years, Max"s has served America's favorite foods with an upscale style at affordable prices. Boasting "everything you've always wanted to eat, "only at Max's will you find a corned beef reuben, chinese chicken salad, ribeye steak, BBQ ribs and portabello mushroom pasta all on the one table. And for those with a sweet tooth, Max's sinful, awarding desserts will keep you coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (28)good for groups (23)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- I was dissapointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013I was dissapointed with the quality of the food. Maybe dinner or lunch might be a better choice, but I was not impressed at all this time.
- Max's Never Disappoints!cabaretgirlVIPDined on 8/13/2013Lunch with my pal was great at Max's. I also like to go there in the evening because of the great piano players in the bar. Live music always adds so much.Special Features:
- Just what we neededtgindcVIPDined on 8/7/2013Four of us (two couples) were enroute to SFO after a holiday in Central California. I used my Open Tables app to search for a highly-rated but inexpensive nearby restaurant. Max's was our pick, and it was perfect. We cracked up reading Max's rules that were printed on the back of the menu (e.g., "if your fries aren't crisp, send them back, maybe the kitchen will get the message.") The asian salad with fried chicken strips was wonderful, and the Reuben sandwiches were everything you'd want a Reuben to be. And the total for four adults (no drinks) was $69, including tax and tip. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Max's, ... needs a re-domcd51Dined on 7/29/2013Over the years my wife & I have enjoyed dining at various Max's locations. We've always had great service & great food. Our latest visit to Max's Burlingame was fine overall, but we noticed that this location might need some sprucing up. Carpeting, tables, chairs, pictures need upgrading. Entire restaurant just seems a bit 'tired.' :^(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Lunch!DateNightVIPDined on 7/10/2013We can always count on Max's to provide a tasty, quick lunch with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We use this restaurant whenSueSVIPDined on 6/24/2013We use this restaurant when making a rental car return for SFO to get dinner before taking the red eye home. It has a decent menu selection of well-prepared food and is a reliable place to eat as the airport facilities are poor and they have no lounges.
- Delicious food, generous portions,DateNightVIPDined on 6/18/2013Delicious food, generous portions, nice live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and MusicDateNightVIPDined on 6/11/2013Max's of Burlingame always provides a delicious meal in a lovely atmosphere with a live, singing pianist. It is a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a group of five androwdy5Dined on 6/9/2013We were a group of five and had different entrees. Chicken, steak, ,pasta and different salads. Everything was delicious. We had a good time with the piano player. Our group was pretty loud in an usual quiet atmosphere. We had a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining with musicDateNightVIPDined on 5/29/2013Always a treat to enjoy a delicious meal to the accompaniment of live singing and piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/26/2013It's gone downhill over the years and I wouldn't recommend it.
- close to SFOOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2013We had to drop off my nephew at SFO. We mentioned as such to the waitress and she got us out of there in 45 minutes. So much better than fast food if you want to grab a bite before a flight.Special Features:
- Sandwich and a SongDateNightVIPDined on 5/14/2013Max's always delivers a pleasant, tasty meal in a delightful atmosphere with live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good but servicekimmiekaeVIPDined on 5/12/2013Food is always good but service of food was slow due to the busy holiday.Special Features:
- LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013We love to eat at Max's! Their food is always good and their cake is to die for!Special Features:
- Chips on my wife's plate weremikiecurlyDined on 5/5/2013Chips on my wife's plate were too salty. My turkey sandwich was passable, but I have had much better. Waiter gave us very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticRedapple3Dined on 5/4/2013Really a great treat! We were in town for an event and were pleasantly surprised at how nice Max's was. There was a full bar and the food was amazing!! Friendly service and there was even live entertainment, but it wasnt overwhelming it was still easy to hold a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed, casual placeJE2014VIPDined on 5/1/2013Max's in Burlingame is a convenient location if you have people coming from all over the bay area. You can hope right on and off the freeway and be on your way. The food was really good for a diner and our server was very nice and patient with our group of 6.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have always enjoyed Max'sOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/28/2013I have always enjoyed Max's and this time was no different. Always have the matzo ball soup; great flavor, lots of chicken and the matzo balls just melt. Latkes are also very good; in fact, Max's is the only place I will get them. The sandwiches are always good and I appreciate that much of the food now comes in two sizes. We always enjoy eating here.Special Features:
- Although we had reservations,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2013Although we had reservations, and the restaurant was not overly busy we were seated right in front of the kitchen. Not the best view. Our server started off friendly enough but after our meals were served he did not return to our table until he cleared the dishes away. During our meal our server repeatedly went to all of his other tables refilling glasses, and asking if there was anything else anyone wanted. Our water glasses sat empty for the last 20 minutes of our dining experience and the server never approached our table to offer more water, or anything else. The lettuce in our salads was well paste its prime and the soup tasted like someone opened a can of soup, heated it up and served it. Not very tasty
- Max's of Burlingame is alwaysDateNightVIPDined on 4/17/2013Max's of Burlingame is always delicious and fun with the live singing pianist!Special Features:
- Last time I visited Max'sHulkDined on 4/12/2013Last time I visited Max's was over a decade ago. I was disappointed in the food this time around - it used to be very good, but both my dining companion and I were not impressed. Shame.Special Features:
- good turkey burgers, missDennisVIPDined on 4/8/2013good turkey burgers, miss the roast beef sandwitch (long time ago) Great sourdough rollsSpecial Features:
- What Happened to Max's?MakeitRightDined on 4/6/2013What happened? Did all the good service go to the Vault? The chinese chicken salad was soggy and saturated in dressing and tasted old. Disappointed. The Margarita was good but feel its over-priced. Sorry.
- I've been going to Max's forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013I've been going to Max's for years. Can always get a good meal with no waiting. The restaurant is clean and service/staff is great. Will be going again soon.
- We always enjoy the consistentlyDateNightVIPDined on 3/26/2013We always enjoy the consistently good food at Max's and especially appreciate the live music with the singing pianist!Special Features:
- Had the mushroom fettuccineMiMiVIPDined on 3/25/2013Had the mushroom fettuccine which was good. I did not realize that there would be nearly a half cup of whole roasted garlic in it. I picked them out and the taste was not strong fortunately. It was easy to get them out, I am not able to eat that much garlic. My husband had the Jumbo scampi with whole roasted garlic butter (he has no problem digesting garlic) and loved it.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2013Been coming here for years. New menu with many things cut out. We were a party of 6 and most of us were disappointed. Not terrible, but just not like it used to be. Our waiter though, was wonderful. It was Friday night and very busy. He acted like he had all the time in the world for us. When I returned my salmon because it was overcooked, he gracefully took it away. The salmon that came back was cooked perfectly and tasted very fresh.
- Max's is always good. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Max's is always good. Excellent food, great desserts, too. Save room!Special Features:
- Lunch at Max'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2013Stopped into Max's today for lunch with a party of five. I found the restaurant on Yelp, and then found it on Open Table. They seated my party right away and took our drink orders. Once our drinks were served the orders were taken right away and the food followed within 15 minutes. A good mix of lunches were ordered and everyone was happy with the food and service. I had a bistro salad and lentil soup. Both were very good portions and tasted great. Glad we stopped in.Special Features:
- We love Max's and eat thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2013We love Max's and eat there often. It was very good food, great service and a fun way to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- Rude hostOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2013As an Open Table member, I took the opportunity when I made my dinner reservation to ask for a table in the main dining room as far away from the piano and singer as possible. When we arrived there was a table open exactly where I would have liked to sit, and I requested that table. The host told me that table was reserved. I responded that it was probably held for me and if not, since there were many other open tables... could we have it? After much trouble. he said, "Fine! You can have it!" and led us to the table. Both my husband and I thanked him and he very rudely turned away and stomped off.Special Features:
- Food was good. The music atFrequentdinerVIPDined on 2/16/2013Food was good. The music at the piano was way too loud and frankly, not very good. So I would rather they do not have a singer there.
- 92nd Birthday CelebrationGreatDinnersVIPDined on 2/16/2013This was a wonderful spot to celebrate my Dad's 92nd birthday!!! He already had it planned the week before of what he was going to have from appetizers, dinner, his"chichetto" (a shot of whiskey) to dessert....the chocolate eclair. You did not disappoint! According to Dad it was as good as they made in "the olden days." Everyone at Max's made it a very special night for my 92 year old dad! Thank you! The piano entertainment even played Happy Birthday to my Dad! Oh, such excitment! Thank you, Thank you!Special Features:
- Great for groupsNorCalGalVIPDined on 2/15/2013One of the good mid-peninsula places for a moderate group to get together over a meal. Service was super, food good, and the alcove space perfect!Special Features:
- A little bit crazy for Valentine's1234Dined on 2/14/2013A little bit crazy for Valentine's Day, but I guess that is true for any restaraunt that day.Special Features:
- We always enjoy Max's andDateNightVIPDined on 2/5/2013We always enjoy Max's and especially like the live music.Special Features:
- You can count on a nice meal here!PlugmasterDined on 1/28/2013I always enjoy my meal at Max's. Tonight it was a little noisy, with music (very good) in the bar, and it was a littlehard to talk. Our dinner was great (loved the crab cakes and salads), and our service was fantastic. We called to say we were late for our reservation and they were soooo nice about it, and held our booth. I appreciate that. I'll be back.Special Features:
- the place to enjoy your foodmaxwellDined on 1/26/2013Every time I have eaten at this place, the staff never fails to be friendly, attentive and accommodating. The food is visually tantalizing, temperature hot, meats are moist, tender and flavorful.The ambiance of the restaurant is lively with corner spots for those in groups or for more private conversations. It suits everyone's tastes from sandwiches to pasta to steaks. Great menu choices and delightful desserts.Special Features:
- Max's is a great place toDateNightVIPDined on 1/23/2013Max's is a great place to go when you crave a tasty salad or a hearty meal. The live piano music is an extra treat!Special Features: