Hakkasan New York
311 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan New York
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/newyork/
- Phone: 2127761818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am , Sunday 5:30-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Hakkasan New York can accommodate private events from 12 to 350 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan New York
Located off of Times Square, Hakkasan New York offers a distinctive experience where modern Cantonese cuisine, world-class mixology and dramatic design converge. The dining experience is intimate and chic, inviting guests to taste the artistry created by Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon. The culinary journey features dishes inspired by local flavors and influences as well as Hakkasan classics such as stir-fried black pepper rib-eye beef with Merlot and silver cod with champagne and Chinese honey suited for any sophisticated palate. Accompanying the delectable menu are expansive wine and cocktail programs, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Hakkasan New York reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (150)special occasion (147)hot spot (115)good for groups (101)vibrant bar scene (82)romantic (81)late-night find (51)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- GarmentoVIPDined on 7/22/2014This rest lives up to all expectations. Beautiful space with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2014Hakkasan has a fantastic ambience and feels very luxurious from the moment you enter. Food lives up to the hype and going in Restaurant Week was amazing value!!Special Features:
- Excellent!wineanddineDined on 7/21/2014I came here with a friend of mine after work for restaurant week. Everyone was very attentive. Everything I ordered was delicious and I loved the ambience. I would definitely come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this restaurant exceptjancieDined on 7/18/2014Noise level terrible. Cannot hear conversation at table. Please please lower the music! ! We have been there twice after theatre. It was loud first time- worse on noise the second time. But everything else - fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodEyeingDined on 7/18/2014Been to London location. This outpost doesn't compare in quality of food. It is more like very basic Chinesevor other Asian restaurants.
- Great asian fusion10sne1VIPDined on 7/17/2014Very energetic bar scene. Restaurant is excellent for groups/sharing/small plates and is a tad noisy. Service was professional (except when they added tap water to our glasses filled with sparkling water) and efficient. Request for a quiet table away from bussing areas was honored. Food was unique and inspirational - Must have is the duck salad - divine.Special Features:
- TheodorVIPDined on 7/12/2014My go-to restaurant in Manhattan's theater district. It has been consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiggerVIPDined on 7/12/2014ambience = great, food = delicious, service = stellarSpecial Features:
- Lovely place! amazing food, drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We have been the Hakkasan in Miami, and this is just at par. Great design, amazing food and gorgeous cocktail list. Impeccable service. Local New Yorkers need to go here even though this is mid town. After Buddakan and alike, this a fresh new place! A lil pricey but all good places in the city are..It is a gem though, unique in character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD REVIEWJP1255Dined on 7/9/2014Food was very good but better in Miami location. I was a little disappointed with the dessert menu. The ambiance and service is very good creating a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- High end chain feellinfredDined on 7/5/2014The food was overly complicated given the lack of great taste. Not unique for NYC. A theme park feel. Inauthentic. For those who like Dubai bteer than New York it might work. Too costly and pretentious for NYC!Special Features:
- Dim Sum Brunch AmazingNewYorkDinersVIPDined on 7/5/2014The dim sum brunch is amazing, definitely the best dim sum in NY, highest quality, fresh, well prepared. Great brunch.Special Features:
- Chinese like you've never hadOpelnycDined on 7/4/2014I know high end Chinese food seems crazy, maybe, but hakkasan is great and keeps getting better. Love the ambiance- there's a beautiful lounge with tasty drinks. The dining room is equally gorgeous- attentive service and truly delicious good. I know it doesn't sound amazing, but try the fruit plate for dessert- gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 7/1/2014Hakkasan continues to shine! Every time I have been there the food has been outstanding. Service is also very good and attentive. Only small complaint on this trip was that they were having issues with the AC and it was extremely hot in the restaurant.
- Great pre theatre diningmomoDined on 6/30/2014My daughter and I dined at Hakkasan before seeing Les Miz. From start to finish, this was an outstanding experience. I knew the food was amazing, having visited the Las Vegas location. The prawn appetizer was unbelievable, and beautifully presented! Everything we ate was perfect, delicious, bursting with flavour. Our waiter, Dan, was wonderful - attentive, kind, helpful with suggestions. This is a special, first class restaurant. It's perfect for anyone who wants a memorable Asian dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb high-class Chinese cookinggrw720Dined on 6/28/2014Hakkasan is part of Alan Yau's successful empire of top class Chinese restaurants. The New York branch is as good as those in London and elsewhere. I usually go at lunchtime and have an excessive spread of dim sum. The dishes are superb and beautifully prepared - always delightful to look at and full of utterly delicious flavor. The dim sum is at least as good as anything I ever had when I lived in Hong Kong. Good service, pleasant decor; astoundingly long and well-stocked bar - photos show you this. Those are important features but if they were missing and the food was still the same I would visit - the restaurant is lovely, but the food is heavenly. Hakkasan is a must-do feature every time I go to New York.Special Features:
- Not Good Not BadJimmyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Nice decor, however it was too hot inside as I was sweating. Waiter took our drink order and then 10 minutes later our food order. Within 5-10 more minutes our drinks and food came (main meal), was strange. Food was very good but I would not go back
- Beautiful atmosphereMarcVIPDined on 6/27/2014Ok so I love beautiful places like this and the food was excellent as certainly was the service, it is pricey so be prepared , the steamed dim sum appetizer was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started Poorly; But Food Excellentjersey2Dined on 6/27/2014Made reservation for 5:30pm. Door not opened; had to call twice. Person turned key and slammed door closed. Requested table away from bathroom / door for graduation celebration. We were seated by the very noisy kitchen by the first hostess although there were only 2 other people in the restaurant who were seated further back in restaurant. Asked waiter to move us and the other hostess nicely moved us to a better location as requested. Unable to be seated at 5:30 because tables were not set. I would expect a place of this cost to be ready for the entire house for all guests by opening. Fernando the waiter was excellent with recommendations. Food was excellent but I would try it again for brunch, not on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveBusinesseaterVIPDined on 6/24/2014I enjoyed our meal but it was very expensive even for New York. We started with the steamed dumplings and vegetarian dumplings. I had fish and my friend had the lemon chicken. We also had asparagus and fried rice. Everything was delicious. My Chablis at $21 a glass was also good. Service was fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michelinDined on 6/24/2014very noisy. restrooms not perfectly clean. simple dishware. good dumplings but standard pecking duck. better in ChinatownSpecial Features:
- One of best special occasion placesFoodEDined on 6/21/2014Great setting dim lights and energetic place. Crowd are all upscale foodies. Food was amazing the sumpling platter is the best part. Tried the veggie chicken with pepper was so tasty. The hakka drink was one of my favorites. Service was ok. Our waiter was too busy chatting with people and seemed a bit snotty didnt really like him and he was not helpful. The table next to us asked what kind of cuisine was served and he didnt know how to answer them and was like modern chinese. If you can explain the food and make suggestions you shouldnt be working there. He was the turn off of the night. Overall would return.Special Features:
- The following 810 reviews are from the Hakkasan New York reviews archive.
- Nothing SpecialWinedoctorVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a decent dim sum type brunch here. The food, service and ambiance were all just average or maybe a little above average. Buddakan is a much more beautiful space with better food and better service.
- Still my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014I'm hooked and when I say hooked I mean went back to Miami just dine at hakkasan after my first visit. I found out there was one in NYC 6 months after the grand open. I've been there 11 times since, I have my credit card to prove. The food is great, hands done best asian food I've had and I dine out A LOT! I love it there and everyone I've taken there went back. 10 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RequestSgorsiaDined on 6/20/2014Had an amazing time at the resturant, we were a group of girls celebrating out friends 30th we requested a little birthday on the desert and it was presented so wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Over and AboveGoodeggs123Dined on 6/19/2014We happened to go to the restaurant after the theater when a health inspector was there and they could not serve food until he left. When it became very late and we had to leave, all of our drinks were "on the house" and a new reservation was made for us the following night. Our order was kept in the computer and our very attentive and apologetic waitress from the night before took exceptional care of us. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, good foodGeorgeDined on 6/15/2014My experience in Hakkasan had mixed feelings; the food was great but service was awful. The brunch included a noodle dish, dumplings and more dishes whose name I do not recall now. For dessert they brought handmade macarons and hot tea. In this aspect, the restaurant was pretty good. However, since we got there, the service was cold with us and did not take our order after 20 minutes had passed. Their discoordination as a team was evident. We asked for things and we were ignored. Next to us we had a very noisy table and we asked if we could change to another table (the restaurant was half empty!). They refused to do so. This review does not allow me to write what I wish, so let's just say that food is good but the service has to improve.Special Features:
- Great Chinese for sureilenaVIPDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant offer you the real taste of Chinise food with good price! I'm sure I will come back soon!Special Features:
- bhbh1212VIPDined on 6/12/2014Sent back the items twice - both times because of wrong orders. Oh wait, the food taste was cringe worthy as well. $$ restaurants have better service - when you screw up, take the item off the bill. When you screw up twice, waive the whole bill.
- Great Vacation ExperienceJohnGalt2014Dined on 6/11/2014This was a fantastic restaurant. Very trendy and fantastic food. A++ service. My only complaint is that the music is a little too loud.Special Features:
- Deserves its starScorpionfishDined on 6/9/2014Yes, it was that good. Excellence from start to finish. We liked the robust choices for entrees. We tried two Michelin star restaurants in NYC while there on business. This one deserves its star and delighted the taste buds. The other had us longing for an Applebee's.Special Features:
- Delicious Asian in midtownTexasbelleVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great selection of well prepared foods. Busy, vibrant atmosphere. Could turn music down a bit, though. Fabulous fruit dessert large enough for four people. Definitely a repeater. Same restaurant is in Fontainbleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida.Special Features:
- FoodMaven101Dined on 6/7/2014This has become my favorite Chinese restaurant after eating there for my 3rd timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSimonaDined on 6/5/2014Fantastic restaurant, but in a bit dodgy area. Service was absolutely flawless, abd so was the food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but noisyFnishiDined on 6/3/2014Food was great, as the drinks menu. Music was too loud, and tables are too close, so noise level is quite annoying. Service was ok, took a while to bring the menu; and when we got the drinks, they served a wrong one. The let me keep it as a compliment and then served what I had ordered. O good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible service!JesseVIPDined on 6/3/2014Although we had a reservation we had to wait 45 minutes for a table. The manager blamed the wait on the rain. And, we couldn't even get a waiter to bring us a drink while we waited for our table. We were finally seated and the service continued to be awful; terrible pacing and overall a very unpleasant dining experience. Not what one would expect from such an expensive restaurant! We were celebrating a special occasion and were very disappointed.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEMilacikVIPDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful meal, the sea bass with honey glaze was superb, we ordered another one after the first was gone by sharing right away, great dumplings and overall every course and dish was tasty... amazing cocktails! This was our 3rd visit and we will be back.Special Features:
- adi76Dined on 5/31/2014Delicious food. Great service and ambiance. Great place to celebrate a special occassion.Special Features:
- UnforgettableFoodycrazeDined on 5/31/2014It was the best meal I had in New York City. It is pricey, but I would go again without a bat of an eye. My server was really friendly and knows what to recommend. First impression of my husband was the place was not a restaurant but a spa!! Again, excellent food, really super!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014Beautiful restaurant; cavernous room with sectioned areas making the sections feel intimate. Music too loud; restaurant feels noisy. Service was very good, the waiter was willing to offer suggestions, a plus here. The food was flavorful and tasty. While I could easily recommend the place as having outstanding food, it is way too expensive to dine there routinely, particularly if dinner includes drinks or wine. Unless one is dining on an expense account, the restaurant isn't for regular diners seeking a reasonably priced meal. I would say this restaurant is for celebrating special occasions. On the other hand, if one is willing to spend more than usual to dine, going elsewhere would likely be more preferable...Special Features: