Hakkasan New York
311 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan New York
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/newyork/
- Phone: 2127761818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am , Sunday 5:30-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Hakkasan New York can accommodate private events from 12 to 350 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan New York
Located off of Times Square, Hakkasan New York offers a distinctive experience where modern Cantonese cuisine, world-class mixology and dramatic design converge. The dining experience is intimate and chic, inviting guests to taste the artistry created by Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon. The culinary journey features dishes inspired by local flavors and influences as well as Hakkasan classics such as stir-fried black pepper rib-eye beef with Merlot and silver cod with champagne and Chinese honey suited for any sophisticated palate. Accompanying the delectable menu are expansive wine and cocktail programs, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Hakkasan New York reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)fit for foodies (137)hot spot (108)good for groups (94)vibrant bar scene (82)romantic (72)late-night find (47)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (39)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Great Chinese for sureilenaVIPDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant offer you the real taste of Chinise food with good price! I'm sure I will come back soon!Special Features:
- bhbh1212VIPDined on 6/12/2014Sent back the items twice - both times because of wrong orders. Oh wait, the food taste was cringe worthy as well. $$ restaurants have better service - when you screw up, take the item off the bill. When you screw up twice, waive the whole bill.
- Great Vacation ExperienceJohnGalt2014Dined on 6/11/2014This was a fantastic restaurant. Very trendy and fantastic food. A++ service. My only complaint is that the music is a little too loud.Special Features:
- Deserves its starScorpionfishDined on 6/9/2014Yes, it was that good. Excellence from start to finish. We liked the robust choices for entrees. We tried two Michelin star restaurants in NYC while there on business. This one deserves its star and delighted the taste buds. The other had us longing for an Applebee's.Special Features:
- Delicious Asian in midtownTexasbelleVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great selection of well prepared foods. Busy, vibrant atmosphere. Could turn music down a bit, though. Fabulous fruit dessert large enough for four people. Definitely a repeater. Same restaurant is in Fontainbleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida.Special Features:
- FoodMaven101Dined on 6/7/2014This has become my favorite Chinese restaurant after eating there for my 3rd timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSimonaDined on 6/5/2014Fantastic restaurant, but in a bit dodgy area. Service was absolutely flawless, abd so was the food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but noisyFnishiDined on 6/3/2014Food was great, as the drinks menu. Music was too loud, and tables are too close, so noise level is quite annoying. Service was ok, took a while to bring the menu; and when we got the drinks, they served a wrong one. The let me keep it as a compliment and then served what I had ordered. O good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible service!JesseVIPDined on 6/3/2014Although we had a reservation we had to wait 45 minutes for a table. The manager blamed the wait on the rain. And, we couldn't even get a waiter to bring us a drink while we waited for our table. We were finally seated and the service continued to be awful; terrible pacing and overall a very unpleasant dining experience. Not what one would expect from such an expensive restaurant! We were celebrating a special occasion and were very disappointed.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEMilacikVIPDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful meal, the sea bass with honey glaze was superb, we ordered another one after the first was gone by sharing right away, great dumplings and overall every course and dish was tasty... amazing cocktails! This was our 3rd visit and we will be back.Special Features:
- adi76Dined on 5/31/2014Delicious food. Great service and ambiance. Great place to celebrate a special occassion.Special Features:
- UnforgettableFoodycrazeDined on 5/31/2014It was the best meal I had in New York City. It is pricey, but I would go again without a bat of an eye. My server was really friendly and knows what to recommend. First impression of my husband was the place was not a restaurant but a spa!! Again, excellent food, really super!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014Beautiful restaurant; cavernous room with sectioned areas making the sections feel intimate. Music too loud; restaurant feels noisy. Service was very good, the waiter was willing to offer suggestions, a plus here. The food was flavorful and tasty. While I could easily recommend the place as having outstanding food, it is way too expensive to dine there routinely, particularly if dinner includes drinks or wine. Unless one is dining on an expense account, the restaurant isn't for regular diners seeking a reasonably priced meal. I would say this restaurant is for celebrating special occasions. On the other hand, if one is willing to spend more than usual to dine, going elsewhere would likely be more preferable...Special Features:
- A Winner!!!GrandieDined on 5/30/2014This was our first time dining at Hakkasan and all I can say is 'WOW'. The food was truly delicious, beautifully presented, and top-notch, and the service attentive and cordial. This is a great destination if you're in NYC and especially if you're headed to the Theater District. Go!!!!!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureEXNYTDined on 5/29/2014Discovered Hakkasan in Abu Dhabi and was delighted when it opened in NY. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Very good foodOllieVIPDined on 5/29/2014Food is good but portions are very small for the price charged.Special Features:
- Good but not greatIceHixDined on 5/25/2014I was not happy with the service - to quick paced. And the noice was to much to enjoy the evening... but the food was good overall - beside the meat dish (tenderloin slices etc) where not tender...Special Features:
- enjoyable experienceScots11Dined on 5/24/2014After the Hakkasan being mentioned on a U.S. T.V. show we get in the U.K. I decided to visit the website as we were visiting New York soon. We booked a table for dinner on the Saturday of our vacation and we we were not disappointed.The food and drinks were fantastic .We will certainly recommend Hakkasan as a must to visit for any of our friends who are visiting New York from the U.K. in future.Special Features:
- Ok nothing extraordinaryKrystal1028Dined on 5/24/2014Ordered the fried dim sum platter as well as the steamed one. The fried one tasted way too oily and greasy. The lobster soup was delicious. We also ordered pekng duck, Chilean sea bass with honey and udon noodles w duck. The main courses were really well done loved the sea bass. The Peking duck was really tasty loved the crispy skin and the taste of the meat. Although for $88 I would expect a whole duck not just half. Udon noodles were ok not that great.Special Features:
- Loved It!jerseydinersDined on 5/23/2014Wonderful blends of tastes, textures, visually pleasing presentations!Special Features:
- Good food49woodieDined on 5/22/2014We made reservation late in the evening after Broadway show. The place has a great ambience. Food was excellent, but bartender had trouble with a simple dirty martini, and they don't a pinot grigio on the wine list. That's kinda weak for a upscale placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 782 reviews are from the Hakkasan New York reviews archive.
- think you know Peking duck?AwesscoGDined on 5/22/2014Have you had it served to perfection and topped with excellent Cavier??? Hakkasan does this dish to perfection. Order 24 hours ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hakkasan NYCInthehutDined on 5/20/2014The food and service are excellent. There is a wide choice of items. It is very spacious. There are rooms for private parties. There is a bar area for socializing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dim SumVenedinerDined on 5/19/2014Very attentive staff, fast service and perfectly presented dumplings that were very tastySpecial Features:
- Best dim sum & chinese desserts!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/17/2014Hakkasan definitely deserves its Michelin star for food!! Absolutely zero doubt about that!! The dim sum pre-fixe brunch, and the a la carte items (Crispy Bean Curd Prawn Cheung Fun, Sticky Rice in Lotus Leaf, Chicken and Abalone Shumai) were outstanding, with some items being extraordinary. The assorted macarons are the best that I have tasted-better than Laduree or Pierre Hermes. The Exotic Fruit Platter was so beautifully plated that we admired it for a few minutes before eating it. All of the fruit was perfectly ripe. The mocktails are the best in the city and the most beautifully presented. After five visits, the food has been consistently deserving of a Michelin star. The brunch service was not comparable to the evening service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Asian CrossoveroyfyjeDined on 5/14/2014We visited Hakkasan NYC for dinner. The reception was OK, but the service needs some improvement. The waiter did not make any recommendations and we had to make our choices. However, having visited Hakkasan Mayfair in London earlier, we made good selection of nice food. The quality was not as high as in London, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceProfessorVIPDined on 5/11/2014Although I had heard good reports about Hakkasan, I was not expecting the remarkable attention in it offering the best we have had of Asian-fusion food. The only complaint we had was having asked that the ribeye steak be cooked medium-rare and it came medium plus. But everything else was top notch. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- A known, but hidden gem!!HiddenGemJunkieDined on 5/11/2014Everyone swears by Hakkasan in Vegas...this location has the same SWAG but seems like it still may be riding low on the radar... Everything about my experiences here have been great...the Prix Fixe Theater menu is the best...great food and cocktail included for a steal!, AAA plus location, ambience...Mother's Day Brunch...an escape from the moment I walked in and strolled down the long runway like entry hall...a late night meal with friends...let's just say, they all think I'm VERY cool for taking them to such a great spot. If you haven't been...try it....you'll like it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mona4NycDined on 5/9/2014In my opinion you pay for the experience but not so much the food. The ambiance was good. The music was very loud so it makes it difficult to have a conversation. The food is good but overpriced for the quality. It was nice but I was not impressed. Too expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Amazing!AwesomeVIPDined on 5/9/2014Food was amazing! Dim sum freshly prepared with top quality ingredients, sea bass light, duck crisp not greasy, cocktails innovative. I usually do no like " trendy Asian ", loved this one. Great choice on the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Cuisine, Okay Servicegoguins66VIPDined on 5/9/2014A Midtown West treat! The food was elegantly prepared and beyond delicious. Recommend both dim sum platters and the truffled duck...the skin was crisp and the meat juicy...perfection. The decor is very nice, and you feel secluded even though the room is huge. Unless, like on our visit, a family comes in with 8 children under 13. It definitely ruined the mood, (screeching tends to do that) and I think management raised the music volume to try to compete. The only real complaint was the service. I don't know if our waitress was angry at us or the world, but she seemed to have a sneer for her coworkers as well, so I will opt for the latter. We will try again, hopefully with no children and happier service.Special Features:
- Gorgeous Room, Awesome CocktailsMissVVIPDined on 5/8/2014Wow, what a gorgeous room. My table was discussing how we could totally see a scene being played out by 007 in here. Our server was fantastic - he was so good, even took back a drink order because my boyfriend had gone to take a call so he could be served a fresh drink. The Vesper Elyxir drink was one of the best cocktails I've ever had (that's saying something because I drink a lot of them, ha ha). The food was "meh" - the dim sum was horrible gummy mess, but I'm from Vancouver so I am spoiled. The other items were not bad, but I don't recommend this place if food is your main objective. But if excellent cocktails, great vibe & service, along with a bit of food is your goal, this is a great spot.Special Features:
- good service, fair foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/8/2014It is a good restaurant with good service and welcoming staff. However, the food is not as good as its price.Special Features:
- Always a safe betJuronDined on 5/7/2014Hakkasan is always a safe bet, food is great, super ambiance, excellent service. Same thing if it's New York or Miami, no matter in what city I am, I always try to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodieForeverDined on 5/7/2014The appetizers are particularly impressive especially the Dim Sum and the vegetarian lettuce cupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apalling chaotic service-great foodUptownFoodieDined on 5/7/2014title says it all. The service was chaotic, unprofessional and charmless. The Food (which was excellent - particularly the steamed vegetarian dumplings) was outstanding. the Food deservers better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch Asian/PacificAgourmayVIPDined on 5/5/2014Of the many Asian/Pacific restaurants in which I have dined in Manhattan, this is by far the best. The food combines traditional Chinese with original and interesting twists. We particularly liked the wok-seared rib-eye steak with onions and peppers and the snapper with red chili sauce, but beware - the latter is very spicy, though I would call it "well seasoned." Cocktails are delicious. Service attentive. Beautiful setting. The only problem is that the noise level can be deafening at peak hours. Overall, it's pricey, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Not badGarrickDined on 5/5/2014Hakkasan is very trendy and modern restaurant. The decor/ambiance was impressive and fancy. The food left a bit to be desired. Appetizers were creative and tasty. Dessert too. The entrees (we ordered some of the more popular dishes) were nothing special. Nice date-place but once is probably enough for me.
- Always DelicioussydbVIPDined on 5/2/2014We often go here pre theater $38 -- Good value for outstanding, high end chinese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chinese atmosphereugomDined on 5/1/2014Excellent dumplings and Crispy duck rolls with good music.Special Features: