2522 Mankas Corner Road
Fairfield, CA 94534Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mankassteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 7074253207x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Sun 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thur 5:00pm-9:00pm Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm
Sun 5:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter Halikas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant may provide food for private local events. To arrange for catering service, make arrangements to discuss your event with General Manager / Owner Tim Gill.
A word from Mankas Steakhouse
A wine-country casual but elegant steakhouse. Executive Chef Peter Halikas offers creative appetizers in the form of tapas, and a full American Steakhouse menu with a local California twist. Contemporary cocktails and a full bar. Features a world-class wine list complemented by full sommelier service. Surrounded by local wineries in the hidden gem of Suisun valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mankas Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (54)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (37)great for lunch (29)romantic (28)good for groups (27)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Late June lunch at Manka'sMaryDined on 6/28/2014On a warm late June Saturday lunch hour, we were surprised to find so few people in the restaurant. I think that they must all have been pushing wheelbarrows down at Larry's Produce! The "special" entre salad of the day wasn't very special and not very large. The calimari, on the other hand, was excellent...all calimari except for just one or two deep-fried lemon slice...a nice surprise. Excellent sweet potato fries accompanied my companion's pork slider. It became too warm outside to encouraging lingering for dessert. I'll order more carefully next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sistersueDined on 6/26/2014I enjoyed everything except I felt the waiter bugged us more than I appreciate. I almost asked him to please leave us alone. We were there on a Thursday evening for a birthday celebration. The music was easy listening and we would like to hear them again.
- Worth the TripStaceyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Living in Napa Valley, we rarely go to Fairfield for dinner. But when one of our favorite Napa Valley chefs, Peter Halikas (formerly of NV), opened Mankas Steakhouse, we had to give it a try. And we are so glad we did. For starters, we recommend both Peter's signature beet Napoleon and the tomato bisque. The filet mignon, ribeye, and babyback ribs were all of excellent quality and done perfectly to our liking. We thought we were too full for dessert but the chef and our waiter (both owners) decided we had to sample the apricot cobbler. It was so delicious that we ate every bite! Now I really want to go back to try the tuna tartar, pork belly, salmon and chicken. Everything was so good that Fairfield doesn't seem far away at all!Special Features:
- Local Gem, Fresh Food, Fun Placehollisj1Dined on 6/19/2014Fun, unique restaurant off the beaten path. Enjoyed the pulled pork sliders during recent lunch visit, although the portions were small. Lunch menu has many appetizers, plus cheese plates. The food is consistently good & fresh, the service is excellent & the ambiance is casual, inviting. Outdoor patio seating is especially fun! Previous steak, lamb dinners have all been great. Variety of nice Suisun Valley wines available & if you bring in a bottle of Vezers wine (tasting room is next door), there's no corkage fee (for lunch or dinner). Close to a few wineries too, which makes the area a fun road trip destination for some local wine tasting and an afternoon lunch or early dinner at a laid-back, fun restaurant.Special Features:
- CONTINUES TO BE A FAVORITEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014Every time we go we have a great meal from the food, service and ambiance we love this restaurant. will return soon and will spread the word of this hidden gem of a restaurant Love Mankas Steakhouse
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014Although it's in the country side....it had an almost European feel to it....very traditional yet modern....Special Features:
- Third time but not the last!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014My group included foodies and two chefs that enjoyed the innovativeness of the chefs and the presentations. We tried the lamb heart starter, the beet salad, and nightly special, all excellently prepared and presented. We liked the focus on the local wines. The dessert menu was limited but we tried two of the three options and both were very well prepared and presented. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServicelovegreatfoodDined on 6/15/2014We were greeted and seated promptly. Waiters were very attentive. Serving of bread portion prior to and doing meal was very small. The salads we had were wonderful. My guest ordered a filet mignon steak that was cook perfectly. He rated it a 7 compared to others he had. I had the halibut; though it was very good, I was very disappointed in the serving portion; good thing I had a salad, otherwise I would have left hungry.Special Features:
- Disappointed.4LoesDined on 6/15/2014I've been to Mankas steak house a few times with my family, but after dining there on Father's Day, I will not go back. Our waiter basically forgot about is, I tried to grab another staff member and they just basically ignored us... We heard numerous other tables complaining as well. They were very busy and I assume very understaffed but, we waited 45 minutes for my daughters desert and I had to grab the bus boy to retrieve our check, which I wish I wouldn't have paid now. Won't be going back or recommending this place to anyone anymore. Too bad because we used to enjoy it there.
- Nice place for dinnerDiningpartnerDined on 6/14/2014I took my husband and brother here for Father's day and both had excellent times. The food was perfectly done and the choices were good. We especially liked having a local wine that they serve as a fund raiser for Meals on Wheels. It was priced well and had a very good taste, too. Each course was brought in a timely manner, but not rushed. We lingered over coffee and desserts and throughly enjoyed out night out. They never rushed us, yet had a full house. I'd go there again and feel happy to recommend this dinner house.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in FairfieldciascunoilsuoDined on 6/14/2014Seating was quick, even on Saturday evening (for six of us). The service is quick and spot on, no mistakes and no delays. Server came to the table a all the right times. Salads are nicely dressed but I could have had more of the cheese and candied walnuts on my salad. the Tuna in the Tartar Appetizer was okay, combined well with the dish. All of the main courses are cooked and seasoned perfectly. The only weak spot to the main courses were the size. Considering the quality and presentation, the price of the main courses fit the dishes. The plates were all cleaned! There aren't choices of this level within Fairfield city limits and Manka's fills the gap nicely. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- MaggieVIPDined on 6/13/2014always great... our favorite for miles around. The filet mignon is the bestSpecial Features:
- Fine Atmosphere, prices high...FFDinerDined on 6/13/2014The Ambience and Service were impressive as was the wine list, my girlfriend and I really enjoyed some of the local selections. My Girlfriend had the egplant with green curry. For green curry she said it was a little less spicy than normal but overall she enjoyed it. I had the Ribeye. The cut of meat was not the best I've had and certainly not as good as even some of the lower tier restauraunts. I asked for medium rare and it was medium. The steak also lacked the tenderness I would expect for that price. The Yukon potato was great and the peas were not overcooked and seemed to have a delicous sauce. Overall it was a great experience and we really enjoyed the setting but the price for the steak was too high for the quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Great place for a special dinner. A relaxing a leisure dinner. We'll come back and try lunch here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On The Way To Wine TastingdrvehrsDined on 6/4/2014This is the second time we have had lunch at Mankas Steakhouse, on our way to local wineries, as there are several in Susian Valley and Green Valley, and going on a week day is great, as you miss the Sat. crowds!! If you have not tried this area as yet, you are really missing a little jewel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 271 reviews are from the Mankas Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Manias CorneraameffordDined on 5/24/2014They are trying very hard to match Napa Valley's finest. They are not quite there, but are getting closer, and they are much closer to home. It is wonderful to have a truly good fine dining restaurant close to home. We love Mankas Corner Steakhouse. We have stopped eating red meat - no worries here, the chef has a wonderful touch with seafood as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service great foodjohnDined on 5/24/2014but a few annoying flies landing all over our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was good, nice size portions for appetizers. Service was extremely slow, it was hard to even get waterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming countryside inn.SirzeeDined on 5/23/2014Quiet, historic location in the Solano vineyards. Good food in an idealic setting. Caution, this is an agricultural area, if you choose to eat outside, you may experience flying pests that could be disconcerting in an otherwise enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous FiletLeftCoastCurmudgeonDined on 5/22/2014As good a filet as I have eaten anywhere, and the Vezer Zin was the perfect companion. A hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mankas SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014My first time there. Beautiful setting among the wineries. Excellent service!! We tried to sit outside, but there were too many flies. The inside was nice. the steaks were tender, and the presentation of the food was amazing.Special Features:
- WOW! Sensational new items on menuStuHDined on 5/21/2014With newly added menu items like the most perfect duck confit appetizer ever, a drop-dead beet napoleon that is as tasty as it is beautiful, MANKAS STEAKHOUSE proves that you don't have to drive into San Francisco or Napa Valley for great five star dining in a fabulous setting! The unique menu is structured so you can have a small bite or a major feast, and you're going to want to take a photo of every plate. This roadhouse turned high fashion foodie-maget gem is quiet simply one of California's most romantic secrets with food and service to die for. Sh-h-h-h... don't tell anyone.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Food and service was great. Indoor and out area is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place To Eat in Suisun ValleyHettysueDined on 5/16/2014Mankas Steakhouse is a place we visit for any occasion. We enjoy introducing friends to this neighborhood gem. The things that stand out most are the choice of 3 dining areas which all offer a unique experience, the ambiance, the location, and most important are the exceptional skills possessed by the chefs and the amazing service provided by the greeters and the servers. The clientele also add to the remarkable experience enjoyed while dining at Mankas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to relaxDominikDined on 5/10/2014PROS - Food was amazing..cooked perfectly, delivered hot..everything tasted fresh.. Great spot to relax, have a great wine and take your time sampling the great menu.. Staff was really friendly and responsive but intrusive, a hard balance but they get it right. CONS - the patio should be monitored for warmth (they have heaters but weren't on), and hostess didn't read what I wrote on the reservation. I asked specifically for a quite romantic table for two, and she sat us in the middle of the loud front room. Easy fix, we just asked to be moved.Special Features:
- Great food but....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2014Love the food and drink here, but the booth seats we had were so saggy (on both sides of the table), that we all four had to use pillows to put us in position to be able to eat off the table! They've done a lot to this place over the years -- wish they'd try out their own seating. There were gnats flying around -- but that might be because of the season, definitely not a "cleanliness" issue. Food is outstanding though, so we were pleased. We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have a restaurant with food of this caliber in our area (we're originally from SF).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findduffyDined on 5/2/2014Well worth the drive. Best filet mingon I have had in years. It was a special get together with an old friend I have not seen in 25 years. We had a great meal and a fun time.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDaveDined on 5/2/2014Portion sizes were just right, not overwhelmingly large. My petite filet migion with small salad was just the right size. I didn't like the steak sauce, but the meat flavor was perfect without it. The pork chop special my husband had was good although slightly undercooked. For the price, he would've been happier with steak. He really liked the wedge salad. We both had desserts, which we enjoyed. Staff were very attentive. Loved the outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Later than NeverDeePeaJayDined on 4/30/2014A fantastic find considering I have lived in the Fairfield/Suisun area for a total of 18 years! Thank goodness for Yelp. The menu was well written and not over produced. The food selections seemed very well thought out and adequate for whatever you may have a taste for although I do not recall any fish dishes. The wine list featured the neighborhood wineries which I thought was great. Service was great. We were thoroughly pleased and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMaggieVIPDined on 4/28/2014Consistently good. Love the filet. No corkage when you bring in a local wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Evening DinnerbluegrassDined on 4/26/2014Excellent services. The table was well located, and the timing for serving the meal was spot on...The dinner itself was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedDinereezDined on 4/26/2014This restaurant was highly recommended by a family member who lives in Fairfield. Our expectations were high. The food was very good, however the service was very poor. The waiter came by twice, once to take our order and once at the end of the meal and only when we caught his attention. Definitely a disappointing dining experience.
- EXCELLENT!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014We had a great dinner with EXCELLENT service and the food was delicious. Cant wait to go back for the lobster bisque, it is the best i have ever had!!!!! We will be back soon Thank You Mankas.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed our Easter meal. It was good but not great. We felt that for the price the meal should have been visually more pleasing with a larger variety and we should have had more food. We are not big eaters but some of us left the restaurant hungry.Special Features:
- Hidden GemyasminDined on 4/19/2014First time here, heard great reviews. Food was excellent!! service was great!! will certainly come back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2014We had heard many raves about this restaurant so we took out of town guests. I was very disappointed with the food. The steak was very large but the side dishes were tiny. The food was not hot and some of the ingredients looked a little over the hill. Our friends salads had so much dressing they had to remove a lot of it just to be able to eat it.
- Good memories!SharonDined on 4/11/2014We took our son and daughter in law for dinner after spending the day in Napa wine tasting. I love that it's close to home, easy to get to, reasonably priced and a nice wine list, also reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I took my mother there for her birthday. She told me after over 40 years living in Fairfield, this was her first time there. It is definitely a hidden gem. The service was good, the ambiance was good and the food was cleaned off the plates. Good hospitality overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeLeftCoastCurmudgeonDined on 4/4/2014First time since the restaurant has changed hands. We dined fairly early in the evening so the crowd - and hence the noise level - were probably less than might be expected later. The service was excellent, and my 10 ounce filet was wonderful, and wonderfully presented - and they have a nice selection of very good local wines. Overall we were quite pleased - the only "negative" I can think of is a rather limited menu - but hey - it IS a "steakhouse". No problem recommending to a friend, and I WILL be back.Special Features:
- Lunch at MankassparkyDined on 4/2/2014The menu albeit limited, was varied enough especially for the rural location. The food was delicious but the prices were a little high again for the location. The wine list was local which was great as the wineries in suisun valley are not well known. Our waiter was efficient and friendly without being cloying. All in all we had a great luncheon experience and plan to return for lunch as well as dinner.Special Features: