Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington
1121 19th Street North
Arlington, VA 22209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lemeridienva.com/amuse/
- Phone: 7033511211x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday:
Breakfast: 6:30 am - 10:30 am
Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Breakfast Buffet and Brunch: 8 am - 2 pm
Lounge: 4:30 pm - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Healey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Separated from the main dining room is our private dining area which can accommodate up to 24 guests for both business and social functions. Choose from a variety of dining options in intimate settings. Rehearsal dinners and weddings are also available with the entirety of the dining room and terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Yi-Davis 7038945103x
A word from Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington
Amuse sits on the 4th floor of the LeMeridien Hotel in Arlington overlooking the Potomac river with a panoramic view of Georgetown.Drawing inspiration from both French and Italian cuisine chef Paul Healey offers locally sourced seasonal dishes that are both classic and modern in the dining room or our open air terrace. Hand crafted cocktails and a contemporary wine list are paired with amuse bouche by the fireplace or main bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great viewpcancvaVIPDined on 5/15/2013Come for the view, have a glass of wine, then go have dinner elsewhere. While the food and service weren't bad, both were far from what they should be for the location and price. With so many good choices in the area, I will not choose this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunch disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We were looking for someplace different to go to for brunch on Mother's Day and thought Amuse sounded promising. The location was good and we expected a somewhat special experience. It wasn't awful but just simple and unappealing. The hotel was very nice but the restaurant looked like it needed an update. The food was just ok, very little variety and pretty simple. We were in and out in under an hour, not wanting to linger. On a positive note, the staff was very pleasant and the servers were eager to please.
- The menu was ineteresting,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2013The menu was ineteresting, the meal was excellent, the service was friendly, the view from the terrace was awesome, BUT the kistchen was a little slow. I'll definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor seating. ButhayavenueDined on 5/3/2013Great outdoor seating. But overall quality is bad. I will not waste my money in here.
- Enjoyable LunchSPB552Dined on 5/3/2013We took family from out of town to Amuse for a weekday lunch. The food,service and wine were all very good, We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May 2, 2013VeronicaVIPDined on 5/2/2013They're great! You should go over there and enjoy it! I had been there number of times!Special Features:
- Slowest. Service. EverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/1/2013I eat here a few times/month because it is convenient. The food itself is hit or miss. The soups/salads are generally very good (I like the presentation of the Ceasar salad), but the main dishes are terrible. On this visit, I asked for the steak medium and it came out thoroughly gray. The menu doesn't frequently change, and I have never been offered a special, so Amuse gets low marks for innovation and creativity. The worst part about this place is the service. The staff is friendly but unattentive. There might be four servers waiting on three people, but it still takes ten minutes to get a drink refilled. If you're looking to have dinner in Rosslyn, your best bet is to take a cab (or walk across the Key Bridge) into Georgetown.
- Good food, lackluster serviceKJS1Dined on 4/19/2013Our food at Amuse was good- we had no complaints and our dishes were delicious. The waiter was not at all friendly (Did we catch him on a bad night?) and got my husband's order wrong- as in, completely the wrong order. So we shared my entree, and we were well done with mine before his came out. Our waiter never came back to check on us, so we weren't able to tell him he got the order wrong- a manager walked by instead, about 10 minutes later, and we grabbed her. She fixed the order very quickly, but the waiter got mad at us for asking his manager to fix our order. He was nowhere to be found! Beautiful location, great food, terrible service. We probably won't be back soon, since there are plenty of places with good service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointedin thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013I was disappointedin this one sit-down restaurant within easy distance of our office. The food was so-so and ridiculously overpriced for what we got - soup /salad/simple sandwich/coffee among the three of us amounted to $73. My co-diners warned me that they stuck to certain entrees, as others had proved to be not very good. Service was punishingly slow, and negated the convenience of the location: the coffee order alone took about fifteen minutes to arrive.
- Was looking for Easter Dinner,HeavyEarsDined on 3/31/2013Was looking for Easter Dinner, they only served Breakfast Brunch. Not the Restaurant's fault, not clear on Open Table...
- This was a terrible restaurant123456VIPDined on 3/31/2013This was a terrible restaurant and I would not recommend for anyone at anytime. Worst hotel restaurant I have ever eaten in.
- Typical hotel foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2013Food is atrocious. Pasta is cooked beyond recognition and served in a lake of olive oil.eSpecial Features:
- BlandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013I had the salmon. It was cooked well, not under or over. It was served a top a bed of butternut squash and fried kale. Great bones but sadly, woefully bland. I expected more than just nourishment for my $23 entrée. I expected some degree of entertainment for the palate. Overall, meh.
- Service was prompt and helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Service was prompt and helpful describing the specials. Food came out very quickly and water glasses were filled promplty. Food was very good. allowed us to linger and have a discussion even ater we had finished eating during a busy lunch hour....felt no pressure to turn the table over. Great place. I cant wait until it gets warm enough to open the outdoor seating area.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/12/2013I've been here a few times and have always enjoyed it. This last time, however, the service was a miss and as a result, overall, less than an ideal experience. The waiter was not attentive, had difficultly communicating effectively; he submitted the wrong entree and put sauce on something that was requested to be on the side; didn't check back and brought red pepper flakes after the meal was just about finished. Very odd - I hope this isn't now typical of Amuse as it's still a good option for business lunches and even a social get together.
- Great food (I had a saladBDTJrVIPDined on 3/8/2013Great food (I had a salad with shrimp on top)! Excellent service....Quite enjoyable.
- The food was quite good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013The food was quite good. The three of us ordered the salmon, the seafood risotto, and the sausage pizza. The mascarpone cheesecake and the orange olive oil cake were great desserts. My negatives had to do with the ambience and the service. First, it was just too dark. Maybe that's nice if you don't want to see your date's imperfections, but it's really not conducive to seeing the menu, seeing the food, etc. Just a little more light would have been nice. Second, we had an awful waiter. He would disappear for several minutes at a time, was extremely inattentive, and barely seemed to understand his job. He wasn't new; just lazy. Ultimately, I would recommend Amuse still as the other servers seemed quite good.Special Features:
- Service was mediocre and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/27/2013Service was mediocre and food was good but not great, for over $100 it should have been better.
- We ordered the two mushroomVeronicaVIPDined on 2/25/2013We ordered the two mushroom pizzas and sprite drink and ice tea drink last night. It was so delicious! Lot of noise where people came here after their work, I bet so! We enjoy it.Special Features:
- We got there at 6 P.M. forVeronicaVIPDined on 2/22/2013We got there at 6 P.M. for our dinner together. We order the glass of wine, salad, and salmon. We ate all of them but those are delicious! Excellent!
- Our office is next door toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013Our office is next door to Amuse and we really going there when we need a great lunch meal or a quick social time after work. This restaurant is one of the best kept secretes in Rosslyn (try to salmon). The view across the Potomac to Georgetown is fantastic and the wait staff is very friendly. The after work bar scene (happy hour) is lively and the accompanying light food to purchase is excellent.Special Features:
- I'M NOT AMUSED!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2013Don't waste your money and time to eat here. Service is terrible, waiter and cook (don't deserved to call chef) can use more training. Waiting for more than an hour...no bread, no drink, no silverwares on table. After third times asking for bread and drink, brought out 4 pieces of sliced bread & small dish of olive oil. The restaurant is less than half full and excused was giving "we are very busy because of Valentine". Duh? Who do you cook for? Finally, we walked out. What a horrible experience and ruined our Valentine's Day. BTW, three other tables around us also have problems, one with final bill complain for over charged, one sent food back to kitchen and one was here before us and still wait for their foods.
- Visited for Valentines Day.DinerDined on 2/14/2013Visited for Valentines Day. It had appropriate lighting for a romantic dinner, and overall the experience was good. Each item we had from the fixed price menu was delicious, but it seemed like it took a long time to get the food out even without many people in the dining room. I guess this is okay if it is supposed to be part of the experience, just don't go and expect to get out quickly. That said, I'd go again!Special Features:
- My wife and I attended onBobinAlexandriaDined on 2/14/2013My wife and I attended on Valentine's Day. The first place we were seated on this romantic night was in the path and sight of the kitchen entrance. It took over 5 minutes - maybe more to receive a waiter. It took longer to get glasses of water. On a night like this, I would have expected some small measures such as having warm bread served with the drinks but this was not made available until I asked 20 minutes or more later. This night the food came out very slowly but I must say it was very good. But overall, the service experience left us cold. We go out to get a little extra treatment not just to get some great food. There is a lot of competition for our dollars in these difficult times. What I am recommending are basics.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Served by five different people, all slow and none of hch really knew what was going on. It took two hours to get a steak and salmon. Definately nt going back. Manager asked for my contact ino to make it up and then never followed up.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I went thereVeronicaVIPDined on 2/14/2013My boyfriend and I went there for our first Valentine's Day. We are very happy that they got us for special Valentine's menu for dinner and bottle of wines, fantastic! We noticed that our waiter forgot about us little bit. We do understand that there are overcrowd that night. Of course, everyone is here for Valentine's Day. Foods are food. Ambiance is outstanding. Lot of noise because of special event for dinner. We glad to see the Chef Paul again!Special Features:
- Just another hotel restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013Just another hotel restaurant. From the pics and the menu, we were expecting much more. Had a voucher for dinner, so we were obligated to use it or lose it. The service was good, the gentleman that waited on us quite nice. The atmosphere was lacking quite a bit and not somewhere that I would go for a date night. Maybe traveling alone and needing a place to plop down and have a bite, but not at all what we were expecting. Our overall experience at the hotel was incredible. Wish the restaurant was half as nice as the rest of the experience.
- Slow service - took over 30StevenDined on 2/6/2013Slow service - took over 30 minutes to serve main course Noisy - hard to hear across the table
- We order the cherry coke drinks,VeronicaVIPDined on 2/1/2013We order the cherry coke drinks, mushroom pizza, and salad. Those are delicious!Special Features:
- I had been there many times.VeronicaVIPDined on 1/29/2013I had been there many times. I suggested YOU to go over there and enjoy it while you can!Special Features:
- The Bistro setting is outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2013The Bistro setting is outstanding. Service could not be better. Excellent daily specials. Food cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Average Food; Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/18/2013Average food, but a great view. I'd go back with a group to have a few drinks on a summer evening, but that's about it.Special Features:
- Not Totally AmusedFlounderVIPDined on 1/16/2013While the food was good, it wasn't much to rave about. I got the scallops, which were done nicely, but for a main dish item there wasn't anything else to it... just the scallops. Waiter was friendly but I think he had the entire place because he wasn't as attentive as he should have been (didn't keep my drink filled). Overall not bad but could be a lot better.Special Features:
- I've been here many timesMegsVIPDined on 1/7/2013I've been here many times for work happy hours and love the flat bread pizza's. My lunch experience was not as great. I had the chicken farrow salad which wasn't a "salad" and was quite greasy.Special Features:
- The lighting was WAY too lowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2013The lighting was WAY too low - it was difficult to see the menu. Despite the restaurant being pretty much empty, the service was very slow (though the food came out quickly). The booths are very low and very plush making eating while sitting in a booth a bit challenging (and I am 6' tall). The food was very good.
- The staff was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The staff was very pleasant and friendly especially when having to work New Year's Eve. The food was surprisingly good for the price and presented well. The included breakfast was good also.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/14/2012We held a colleague's baby shower lunch at Amuse and it was wonderful! The food and service were great and the ambience was just lovely. There aren't many options for a nice sit down lunch in Rosslyn so this place is clearly a gem.Special Features:
- Aunt Jemima pancakes from the boxOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/12/2012If you are staying in the hotel and don't want to pay $5 for a cab to Georgetown, this is the restaurant for you. Same for the many people who work in the adjacent office building (which includes me). Sadly, I eat here 3-5 times a week. This morning at breakfast I watched them pour out the Aunt Jemima pancake mix, then leave the industrial-sized red box on the counter. I suppose that level of transparency is the downside of an open kitchen.
- Go there and enjoy it fromVeronicaVIPDined on 12/4/2012Go there and enjoy it from dishes and beverage! You will like them!
- Always fantastic dishes andVeronicaVIPDined on 12/3/2012Always fantastic dishes and glass of wine! You MUST go there for yourself and enjoy it!!