3599 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffefioresf.com/
- Phone: 4156424822
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3.00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Arola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our entire dining rooms is available for large private events and we would be happy to help you customize a menu to suit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Eduardo Arola 415-642-4822
A word from Caffe Fiore
A trip to culinary delights. Every dish experience of pure satisfaction. Each plate is well structured and carefully prepared. Visiting Fiore won' t disappoint. The atmosphere is an expression of comfort and an invitation to enjoy life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Fiore reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- EhhHungryCaterpillarDined on 9/28/2013I was excited to try this restaurant, but walked away disappointed. The place was incredibly loud -- so loud I had to shout at my date across our 2-top. Also, we were seated against the wall, and too close to the next table. A little space would have been nice. The food was ok. We ordered the caprese salad (fresh mozz with basil and tomato), but the tomato was under-ripe and flavorless. I understand they were probably out of season, but wouldn't the chef know that? And wouldn't s/he then take it off the menu instead of feeding diners flavorless food? One would hope. I got the gnocchi (too rich). Wait staff was friendly but slammed and slow. Again, one would hope the management would adequately staff the place on a Saturday night....Special Features:
- Much too noisy on a Saturday nightAnOpenTableUserDined on 9/28/2013I recently went to Caffe Fiore with one friend; we had an 8 pm reservation on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly, and the staff and owners are friendly. However, the noise level throughout the entire restaurant (which was pretty full when we got there) was simply unacceptable. My friend and I each had to lean across our tiny table and almost touch foreheads for us to hear each other at all. And, even as parties left and the restaurant became a little less crowded, the noise level did not abate. The food is reasonably priced and fresh, but is nothing special. But really, it was the noise level that impaired the dining experience for us. If you want to try Caffe Fiore, try to go when it is not likely to be very busy.
- Great Food, hidden gem!KevinVIPDined on 9/24/2013We had a large group (11), but that didn't bother them at all. The food was fantastic and the wine selection plentiful. Everyone commented on how everything - atmosphere, food, drink made for a very enjoyable evening.. Relaxed and comfortable. Highly recommended! Will return here on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has beautiful woodRosieDined on 9/17/2013This place has beautiful wood interiors. The tables are made of wood slabs. It is comfy and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. The food is fresh and well prepared. The wine list is well priced and so is the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance, poor foodflavDined on 9/13/2013After reading the positive reviews, and the fact that it received a Diners Choice Award, I was expecting a lot more. All in all I found the food to be quite bland. For starters we had the Arancini and Insalata di mare, who doesn't love a fried ball of goodness, however again I found both to be bland and the Arancini too large on the plate in my opinion. They should take a clue from Delfina pizzeria, who makes great Arancini! My main was the Cotoletta Di Maiale (breaded pork loin), it was crispy on the edges but under cooked in the center It was obviously our servers first night, so I'll give her a break as she was navigating a new job. She did make an excellent wine recommendation, which was the highlight of the meal.
- Lovely, DeliciousFrenchRootsVIPDined on 8/26/2013We had lunch here with a friend visiting from out of town and everything was perfect. The food is fresh and well prepared. All our dishes were excellent and had a "home made" feel that was cozy and delicious, and the plates looked lovely to the eye as well. Our waitress was a sweet, genuine, solicitous person who made us feel welcome and cared for. If you want honest, fresh, farm-to-table food in a bright, clean and welcoming environment, this is an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Good option if you're close byPigeonherderDined on 8/22/2013The food selection was nice, but nothing we had was out-of-this-world. It's a nice neighborhood restaurant that is a perfect option if you live nearby and don't want to go further afoot. Decent wine selection, and everything is reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals fav.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2013I love this find. Been there three times. The owner (from Napoli, Italy) works there and is accessible for convo. Nothing fancy. Just a cozy, very friendly neighborhood place for really, really good food and casual amnbiance. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place/food!!!!!AubreyDined on 7/30/2013We loved the relax ambiance and feel of this place. The staff was friendly and I will definitely go back to try some of the other dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A grat little restaurant.ChanDined on 7/30/2013A grat little restaurant. Nice ambiance, grat service, tasty fresh food. If you are up for italian, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second and last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013It's too bad because the people are so nice.... But the ravioli was extremely salty and the sad was overdressed ( though I did send that back).
- great food, friendly peoplepudgypinayDined on 7/25/2013i had the linguine allo scogliio, and it was great. my husband had the risotto con radicchio (i think it was part of the specials that night), and he said it was good. he's italian and picky, so i guess it really was. the host was friendly and very accommodating. my friend wasn't feeling well, and almost passed out, and the host graciously let us use another set of chairs for her to lie down on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not to missRosieDined on 6/26/2013A clean , decorated place. Superb and friendly service. Had papardelle salmon and a skirt steak. Both dishes were plentyfull , fresh and very tasty. Probably the best panna cotta I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite placeMissioneaterVIPDined on 6/26/2013I just stumbled on this place one day and have been back 3 times in the last month! Great fresh food! The menu far exceeds the simple (but nice) space. I would eat hearing before hitting some of the other Italian place in the mission. No attitude, just great food and a nice Italian wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, well priced, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2013Bruschetta was good to start, two pastas both very good: ragu and the penne with broccoli rabe. The dessert was the pudding dish- really rich and creamy. House wines were so so- spring for a bottle instead. It is not a very attractive place- but service was very attentive and prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Great Placenotoa1Dined on 5/18/2013The food was excellent and the overall experience was Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a wonderful familyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/23/2013This is a wonderful family run local restaurant with fresh well prepared dishes. The service was nice, kind and attentive. We love this new find for a simple and pleasant weeknight relaxing meal.Special Features:
- Best secret in SF!ralphieDined on 4/18/2013A great cafe! Charming host, innovative menu, and charming surroundings. Host and owner Eduardo is an extremely friendly native of Naples. The menu exudes his creativity (he built the tables and designed his cafe). We had awesome first courses of mussels in a light olive oil and garlic sauce. The fresh bread allowed us to soak up the sauce. The plate of cheeses and meats was top notch. Loved the piquillo pepper stuffed with leeks and codfish! Fresh morsels of fish tucked inside of a mild pepper coated in an amazingly bright and tasty sauce. Main courses were fabulous. I had the gnocchi special with a light asparagus cream sauce. Loved the pasta dishes, one was with.clamd and mussels, the other with salmon. Shrimp skewers, amazing.Special Features:
- we enjoyed excellent pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013we enjoyed excellent pasta dishes and a good bottle of chianti on a Saturday night. The desserts were yummy too. There was friendly service and relaxed atmosphere. RecommendedSpecial Features:
- Understated and ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2013Understated, impressive food and presentation. Pleasant neighborhood vibe. No hype or lines.Special Features:
- Caffe Fiore is definitely a Cafe.OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/25/2013this is definitely a Cafe. So if you're thinking sit down restaurant, then don't go. If you're thinking, cool cafe, then go. hardly a need to make a reservation.
- This adorable, under-appreciatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013This adorable, under-appreciated restaurant has been on my list for a while, and I'm very glad we went. The menu was small but focused, the food was fantastic, and the ambiance was soft and lovely. Great for a date.Special Features:
- Our group of eight were madeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Our group of eight were made to feel welcome without overdoing it. We were a little late due to traffic but that was never mentioned. The wine list was comprehensive and they had a nice selection of appetizers. We lingered quite a while in the restaurant and we never felt pressured to leave. I liked the art work on the walls and the overall casual atmosphere. This is a great neighborhood restaurant and everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- Looking for authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Looking for authentic Italian regional food? Come here! North Beach is for tourist. SalvoSpecial Features:
- This was the perfect choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This was the perfect choice for a low key, romantic valentine's day dinner. We normally go here more for brunch and coffee, but they prepared us a lovely authentic Italian dinner with cozy ambiance at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Loved this place!!!!! A greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013Loved this place!!!!! A great place for a romantic dinner, conversation, or a celebration!!!!!!! The food is GREAT, the staff is very friendly, pleasant, and knowledgeable about the menu!!!!! I will definitely come back again real soon!!!!!! The price is great too for the quality of the food!!!!!! :)Special Features:
- Looking for authentic regionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2013Looking for authentic regional Italian food? Come here!Special Features:
- Perfect for what I was lookingceejayDined on 1/27/2013Perfect for what I was looking for. Small cafe style with good food and friendly people. Efficient and not rushed. As mine was a casual client meeting it was just perfect.Special Features:
- A fast, excellent, mellowOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/21/2013A fast, excellent, mellow lunch. Design is understated but elegant.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2013This was a great find. Great service, great food. If you are looking for a place that offers a satisfying meal with great service, this is the place. Especially if you don't want to be mobbed by the trendy mission set. The folks that run this place are super accommodating and truly want to make your dining experience a great one. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very disappointing by theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/18/2013Very disappointing by the quality of the food. The pork entree may as well of been from Denny's. This place has potential, but need new chef.
- 1st time eating at Fiore's.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/20/20121st time eating at Fiore's. The food was delicious. We had a great experience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- A great friend was in townOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/2012A great friend was in town from out of the country and Caffe Fiore was able to take a last minute reservation for 14 people (which grew to 16) and made our reunion party a success! The food was great, service for a large group was quick and efficient and friendly. We'd definitely return for smaller and larger parties. Thanks for making our evening one filled with great food, good wine and lots of memoriesSpecial Features:
- One of my favorite Fiore mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/5/2012After many great meals (lunch and dinner) at Caffe Fiore, this time i decided to get Insalata di mare - great!! With that I ordered Piquillo imbottito, Cime di rapa (shared), Tris di funghi. For staters i ordered a few of the ... little breads with toppings. This was one of my favorite Caffe Fiore meals.Special Features:
- sooooo gooooodRosieDined on 11/29/2012It was my second time at Fiore caffe for dinner. Again had a great dinner at a decent price. The special was hand made pappardelle with a chunky ragu sauce. It w perfect for a cold rainy night. The waiter suggested to pair with a glass of Aglianico which was excellent. Can' t wait to take my Italian friends. Also they serve great Italian coffee in the morning.Special Features:
- One to MissFoggyhereDined on 11/10/2012Though the people at the restaurant were nice, the service was ridiculously slow. The food was terrible. I would never return.
- Appetizers were good, mainMulcaheyVIPDined on 11/3/2012Appetizers were good, main courses were terrible, desserts were okay. Kitchen doesn't have it together.
- Great food, excellent valuesffoodieVIPDined on 10/13/2012Great food, excellent value for the price. Sweet room ambiance. Service was very friendly.Special Features:
- Many thanks to the staff atAnnaGVIPDined on 10/6/2012Many thanks to the staff at Caffe Fiore for accommodating our ever increasing group on a busy Saturday night, all the way up to closing time. Service, food and wine list were great. Our group especially enjoyed the dozen different varieties of crostini and the pappardelle; I hated to share my orriciette which was served with a pleasantly spicy olive oil/broccoli rabe. Had one of each dessert - all pretty good, but the panna cotta was remarkable. Yum!Special Features:
- We were there for a very simplesvarVIPDined on 9/26/2012We were there for a very simple lunch and that was exactly what we have had. Soup, salad, sandwiches. Clean, quick, quiet, inexpensive. Like thousand more fair cafes for business lunch. Not the place where you would invite people to impress. They have beer and wine too. Expresso is really good (as good as in Barcelona or Napoli).