The Restaurant at Walhill Farm
857 Six Pine Ranch Rd
Batesville, IN 47006Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Restaurant at Walhill Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walhillfarm.com/
- Phone: 8129342600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: James Bogart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Simple elegant dishes for a special occasion, or classic American comfort food with lots of it!
- Private Party Facilities: Business corporate, wedding rehearsals, and group dinners for up to 50 in the beautiful and unique Sulky Lodge. Weddings, wedding receptions and reception dinners, as well as large corporate events, training retreats and ceremonies for up to 700 in The Barn, a 12,000 sq ft horse barn converted to a banquet facility in 2009.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager 8129342600
- Entertainment: Live music and entertainment year round. Events include cooking classes, music and art festivals, and cured meat and sausage classes.
A word from The Restaurant at Walhill Farm
The Restaurant at Walhill Farm is more than a place to eat, it is a destination. A butcher shop, catering hall, theater, and restaurant that hosts classes, special events, corporate retreats, family reunions, and any excuse for a party throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Restaurant at Walhill Farm - Best Restaurants in Batesville, IN ›
The Restaurant at Walhill Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (12)scenic view (11)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Big city quality right here at homerlgreenDined on 6/21/2013The entertainment on friday nights is always a treat and the patio is wonderful for summer!!! we Have been here a few times and so far the food has been outstanding! I would compare it favorably against any up scale restaurant in a large city. On this particular night our service was not the best. Empty water glasses, not coming around for drink orders, missing utensils....., The food however was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant, only openGeneVIPDined on 6/15/2013This restaurant, only open 1 year, is an absolute gem....especially if you're looking for something a little different, a place tucked away in the country. The land is a owned by a descendant of the Hillenbrand Family and his attention to the grounds as well as everything that comes out of the kitchen, is something to behold. You won't find any food item that comes out of a box or a can in this place. Outstanding food and something you must check out and experience. Enjoy, GeneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spring Evening MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013We were seated outside on a perfect mild evening and enjoyed a beautiful sunset as well as a great meal. Birds were singing and there was pleasant, live acoustic guitar music in the background, but we could still maintain a conversation without shouting at one another! The food was well-prepared and served in a timely, but relaxed manner, and our waiter was friendly and attentive. From appetizer to dessert, we had a great meal. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013great food! my steak was to die for,,, altho well done,, tender as if they put in a pressure cooker LOL service good, free live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Eatcarolyn47006Dined on 5/31/2013Food and service was excellent. Atmosphere was great. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2013As always, wonderful food both finish and presentation. Never fail to meet our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Wonderful presentation.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2013Great food. Wonderful presentation. Pleasant atmosphere. Healthy choices, traditional favorites and some unexpected offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingJimmyDined on 5/10/2013The service was prefect. The food was prefect. Very nice place with a unique menu. Will defiantly be returning! A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef is trying too hardLocalDinerDined on 5/2/2013Went for lunch. It just seems like the chef is trying to be fancy for the sake of being fancy, not because it adds anything to the meal. I had a baked ham and cheese sandwich. It had a sweet fruit chutney on it. This did not add to the sandwich at all. The sweetness was very off-putting against the ham and cheese. The last time I was here, I had a hamburger and it was very good. On a good note, the sides are fantastic. I love the house chips and the slaw was fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find in Batesville, INOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013I went with a party of six to The Butcher Shoppe. I had been there before for lunch. Everyone loved it as much as I did. The menu is eclectic and delicious and the service is all that you would want it to be. There is no place like it that I know of in the Cincinnati or Indianapolis area.Special Features:
- Overall this restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Overall this restaurant was good and we will return. Nothing outstanding, but good. However, the wine list is weak. They need to have in stock what is on the menu and they need a bigger variety.Special Features:
- Overall the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Overall the restaurant was good. I did think the pricing was high for the community the establishment is located in. Unfortunately they were out of serveal items we ordered, which was a little embarassing because we elected to take some out of town customers there for dinner.Special Features:
- It is almost too noisy toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013It is almost too noisy to vist with those you are dining with.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in the hidden I-74OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013As always the food was excellent. The Elk was very good and the pear and fig dessert was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Always a wonderful experience when we come to the Butcher Shoppe!Special Features:
- "Suprise"... I had heard aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013"Suprise"... I had heard about the The Butcher Shoppe but just decided to try it out. We had great service... great food... great ambiance.... it was a very pleasant suprise.Special Features:
- This is a very up and comingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2013This is a very up and coming place. We love it! This place is going to take off once people find out everything it has to offer. I can't wait to bring the kids back so they can check out the game room. We can't wait to come back this summer when the back is open.Special Features:
- good food..... butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was outstanding but the serivice was very, very slow. Drinks took so long had to order next round whenever you got drinks. We had a large table/group. Only brought one bread basket and put our check all on one; when it was very apartent that we were couples and would not be paying out bill all together.... never even asked how we wanted to bill split. We have been there several times and service is always slow. Not sure if our friends will try again or not.
- Great service and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Great service and excellent food. We have been here several times and are never disappointed. Usually have live music during the dinner hour. Always enjoyable.Special Features:
- We were a group of 2 couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We were a group of 2 couples for Valentines Day. We were very impressed with the food and our server Bob was supurb! Bob even gave us a tour of the building and was very friendly and informative. We felt the price of entree was high and should include a salad, but overall very impressed and will return, but will try the lunch!!Special Features:
- Went with a group of fourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Went with a group of four and all of our dinners were outstanding. Service was excellent and prices were reasonable for a very nice dinner. Dinner entertainment was an unexpected and welcome surprise.Special Features:
- Although the restaurant wasGraysonDad1VIPDined on 1/19/2013Although the restaurant was not crowded, service was extremely slow. We waited "forever" for our order and the waitress returned and asked multiple times, "How's everything here?"....without any action. My steak was a bit overdone, but the rest of the food was prepared well. The Butcher Shoppe needs to improve its consistency in service to match its otherwise great features.Special Features:
- Great Evening at Butcher ShopGraysonDad1VIPDined on 1/17/2013The winter menu featured hearty fare that was prepared with a flair. The salad was fresh and perfectly dressed and steaks were precisely medium rare and medium well per our request. Destiny, our waitress was cheerful and helpful, and was attentive throughout our meal. Great experience once again at this establishment.Special Features:
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2013Food and service were very good. They had an electic menu. I had the duck which was quite good and my husband had the pork, which was highly recommended by our server. Desserts were also good. Service was prompt and attentive. Interesting interior decor and relatively quiet ambience due to the placement of tables. We were seated in an alove near large windows, but due to the weather and the time of our reservation were not able to determine if there was a nice view or not. It can be hard to see when driving to the restaurant after dark - there are no street lights on the road to the farm.Special Features:
- Great concept...overpriced...saucesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Great concept...overpriced...sauces were overwhelming not in a good way...coffee served cold...beautiful setting and ambiance
- We had an enjoyable evening.ladyDined on 1/11/2013We had an enjoyable evening. Food was good. Had good music.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!!LittlehintDined on 12/19/2012This is totally a gem in the outskirts of Batesville, winding road, forget you are so near town - beautiful setting, fantastic food - chef even put together a totally vegan dinner for my grandaughter!!! She cleaned her plate !!!!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable. Real niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Very enjoyable. Real nice young waiter. Good food.Special Features:
- The new version of the menuGraysonDad1VIPDined on 11/30/2012The new version of the menu is welcome, especially the pasta selections and salads. Service was attentive and food was commendable. Kudos for the cranberry bread! Really enjoyed the evening in this informal, but smart dining spot.Special Features:
- Our table of four had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012Our table of four had a great time. The atmosphere was calm and quiet and the food was excellent. While my salmon and my sister-in-laws' pork chops were quite filling, the men of the group thought their filet mingon was on the small side. They would have liked to have seen more steak choices. Overall, it was lovely and we are likely to be back within a few months.Special Features:
- Our table was ready when weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Our table was ready when we arrived and flowers I ordered for my wife were waiting and beautiful. We loved the ambiance of the dining room. It was a cozy romantic setting at a table for two near the patio dining area giving us an outside view. The service was quick and polite. The food was absolutely delicious. The Butcher Shoppe Bar and Grill is its own complete experience everyone should try.Special Features:
- Good-Food-Will-TravelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Wahill is a hidden gem in southeastern Indiana. When we do dine out we look for non-chain eateries that have a solid menu and a story to tell. Wahill fit the bill. It is a little off the beaten path and could use some signage along the route but GPS worked so we arrived without an issue. The grounds are interesting with the barn, smokehouse, ponds and main restaurant with an eclectic lodge look and feel. Service was great and the Friday night acoustic entertainment was perfect, not too loud to interrupt conversation but a great variety of tunes. The most amazing thing we found was the freshness and selection of the food. All the per-meal breads were made fresh in their own bakery, the variety of meat, pasta and vegetable dishes.Special Features:
- The Butcher Shoppe continuesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2012The Butcher Shoppe continues to be a local standout!Special Features:
- Overall the food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Overall the food was excellent. Appetizer platters and steaks head the list. Service is improving. (This is our fourth or fifth time eating there.) Little things like providing cocktail napkins with cocktails seem to never get corrected, but the waitress went out of her way to stuff fresh bleu cheese olives for my martini rather than use the bottled ones that taste like paste. Kudos to her initiative and energetic service.Special Features:
- our waitress was terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012our waitress was terrific. Please tell her "thank you" again.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2012This is fast becoming my favorite restaurant. The food was so good last night. I could have made a meal out of the vegetables. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- All of the individuals inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012All of the individuals in my party were pleased with the food and service. Unfortunately, the music from the bar prevented any conversation among the diners. The speaker volume was loud enough for a football stadium! We were relieved when the entertainers took a break....The Butcher Shoppe needs to divide the dining room from the bar in order to attract a mature clientele and permit them to have a pleasurable dining experience. I like this restaurant, but from now on, I'll be certain to avoid Friday Night's Live Music!Special Features:
- There are still some kinksOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2012There are still some kinks in the service that need to be remedied, but overall, we loved this restaurant! The bread, wine and food were all fantastic!Special Features:
- Never disappointed. I thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2012Never disappointed. I think I've had the buffalo burger 3 or 4 times now. I order it medium. This is the only place I know to get a juicy, fantastic buffalo burger. They're usually dry. The toppings are so flavorful that there's no need for condiments. The rest of the food is just as good. Nice job.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our food and the serviceGraysonDad1VIPDined on 8/18/2012Enjoyed our food and the service was very good for a busy Saturday night. It was wonderful to eat outdoors, but some guests at a nearby table were smoking and their companions were quite noisy....real distractions for other diners. There are a few issues with this new establishment, but overall, it was a pleasant experience. I'm eagerly awaiting the fall menu revisions.Special Features: