The Scotch and Vine
22341 Marine View Dr. S.
Des Moines, WA 98198Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Scotch and Vine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scotchandvine.com/
- Phone: 2065922139x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Sunday Brunch service 9:00am-1:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sa 4:00pm-12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam G. Spear
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have rotating live blues and other world sounds from local Northwest bands. Check our website to see the most recent schedule of artists. We have live music occasionally on Saturdays, as well as some special events. Please inquire within for availability.
A word from The Scotch and Vine
"The Scotch and Vine of Des Moines, WA takes the best of Northwest products and produce and presents them to our guests at the height of flavor with exciting combinations that bring comfort food to a higher level. The Scotch and Vine, true to its namesake, is best known for its selection of over 175 single malt scotches, over 250 whiskeys from around the world, including local favorites, and a regularly updated wine selection available by the glass, bottle, or case. The Scotch and Vine staff and owners pride ourselves in offering uncompromising quality food and beverage in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Scotch and Vine - Best Restaurants in Des Moines ›
The Scotch and Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (28)special occasion (27)romantic (24)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Table #6 @6PMmsdebe2000Dined on 6/4/2014It we so easy to reserve on line our favorite table. I got an immediate notification that table #6 was reserved! The staff were all wonderful and fussed over my honey on his birthday! Chef Adam came out to give him a birthday wish!" Sims" was jolly on the spot with our Ms Deb! martinis on our arrival. The food was PERFECT! Honey said it was his best birthday ever! Thank you S & V!Special Features:
- Jazztpt1Dined on 5/31/2014This was our second trip to Scotch and Vine, both precipitated by a Groupon. The food is consitently good, but we found the service to be a little off on this visit. Nothing terrible, just a forgotten salad that was quickly taken care of, and some very late arriving bread that was requested with a pasta dish. Prices seem reasonable until you start stacking up price of the salad with the entree and all else. We may well go back, but it will be with Groupon in hand.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceoldWiseDonkeyDined on 5/30/2014After getting turned away a few weeks ago due to lack of a reservation (Really? In Des Moines?) we went back with a reservation in hand and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Extensive wine list with a dining room wine "cellar" so you can find what strikes your fancy. We had the hummus appetizer with fresh potato chips which was excellent. For a Main dish I had the recommended Osso Bucco which didn't disappoint in portion or taste. Wife add the Pesto Prawns which had was tasty but could have used an addition prawn or 2 (dish included 4 prawns). Service was superior. Staff were pros and not what you would typically find in So. King Co. BTW found this place using a Groupon which was gladly accepted using the mobile app.Special Features:
- Eclectic food itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Enjoy our evening. Was bustling but service was still great, friendly and accomodating. Excellent choice of scotch's love the flights where I can try different regions with just a taste and not have to get a full glass. Food portions are right sized and delicious. My boyfriends sirloin was 2 inch's thick and melted in his mouth. My scallops were fresh and tendor. Love this place.Special Features:
- What a great surpriseBrianVIPDined on 5/15/2014Amazing bar and wine list, great food, really cool atmosphere. Totally surprised me for Des Moines. They have something like 300 single-malt scotches on hand. And check out the Thursday $10 wine tasting flight--a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day coupon?AverJoePatron1Dined on 5/11/2014Awesome food, reasonable prices. Getting our bill took a very long time with only a few other patrons present. The bill had to be re ran several times due to a mothers day discount (for moms) that was mentioned on Open Table when booking the reservation. The bill was never discounted correctly and the establishment was not aware of the offer. In fact they seemed very put-out by our mention of the special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!Dining4FunDined on 5/10/2014We had never been to the Scotch & Vine so thought we'd give it a try with some friends who had been there awhile ago. We were amazed at the quality and presentation of our dinners. My husband had steak and I had the pork chop. Both were excellent. Our server was outstanding making the entire dining experience very pleasant. We will recommend the Scotch & Vine to all our friends and will be sure to visit again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAnneVIPDined on 5/3/2014Once again, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Scotch & Vine. The calamari appetizer was delicious. The Caesar salad was fabulous - very light dressing and the burger that my husband had was amazing. We can't wait to return again.Special Features:
- Never DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2014As usual....I can always count on delicious food, great service.Special Features:
- Great find!MacNightOutDined on 4/26/2014So glad we stumbled onto this great restaurant! The food is delicious and the ambience is perfect for a couple or small group of great friends. We will be keeping Scitch and Vine on our list if regular visits. Great happy hour menu as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014I truly love the Scotch. I've been here a several times and twice with a Groupon. The Au Gratin potatoes are by far my favorite thing here paired with the tasty Wild Sirloin. They are ridiculously good! Cheesy and flavorful. Their veggies are always fresh and prepared perfectly. Great cocktail options and plenty of Scotch if you're into it. This place is definitely a bit more pricey but it's truly worth it. Quality food, service and drinks and a great little space with awesome décor. Don't forget to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Des Moines Marina on your way out or in. It's definitely a must try for all! You will find yourself coming back :)Special Features:
- Great menu and food but slow servicxsspdVIPDined on 4/14/2014Ordered cheese curds and pork chop. Food exceeded my expectations but service was very slow. Fortunately I wasn't it any rush.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!ZanaLuvsFoodDined on 4/13/2014The Scotch and Vine is one of my favorite places. Their happy hour menu is amazing. My staples are the fry bites, mini FOG, calamari. I enjoy trying new things and this trip it was the No Cry burger. Yum! The burger was cooked just right and it was paired with the delicious fry bites. My foodie friend tried the vanilla ice cream with homemade almond roca and it was perfect. I highly recommend The Scotch and Vine to all my foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, wine, and scotchjimbobDined on 4/12/2014The Scotch and Vine has great steaks--the pork chops were wonderful, also. You will find the best selection of single malt scotch in the area, and a large variety of wines from which to select. Live music added a great atmosphere, without encroaching upon our conversation. One of the best restaurants in South King County.Special Features:
- What a fantastic find!WannabeFoodieDined on 4/12/2014The Scotch & the Vine is a great restaurant! The food is fantastic; definitely impressed with their chef's ability to be both simple yet flavorful. Drinks for happy hour are reasonably priced, especially considering their selection. My boyfriend and I went here for our anniversary and were glad to find the place does live up to it's higer-end hype; we were afraid of paying $20 for a meal we could have made better ourselves, but that was not the case here! The food was delicious, and my boyfriend's a pretty picky eater! While we were there we thought of other friends of ours that would enjoy the place too. We'll definitely be back, but definitely during happy hour!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014We arrived during Happy Hour so we ordered a couple of apps and wine - delicious! The shrimp was omitted from my entrée, I think it was the server who goofed? They immediately placed the order kitchen and in no time it was delivered. Unfortunately the pasta sauce cooled off a bit, and my husband had already finished his dinner by the time the shrimp showed up. None the less, both dinner plates were delicious! We had a Groupon so I indulged in Hibiki - $15 for 1.5 oz. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightLUVtoEatDined on 4/5/2014My friend and I went here for dinner. Lucky for us as we had happy hour wine/and two apetitzers. Great wine. My lamb was very good and my friends chocolate chicken was wonderful! We'd come again. Our waitress was super sweet but ordered the wrong chicken and then charged us for three meals when we only had two. It all got sitauted and was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner2FoodiesDined on 4/5/2014We had heard about and read the reviews for this retaurant but never go around to trying it until we decided to celebrate my husbands birthday there. S & V is a funky little neighborhood find with bistro feel and a lively bar scene with what appeared to be a great place to stop for Happy Hour. Had the Pork Osso Bucco which was delightful and my husband had the double cut Pork Chop which had been marinated in Makers Mark. It was tender for such a large cut and the Potatoes Gratin were awesome. The waitstaff were attentive and thoughful. We will be back to explore the rest of the great menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchElaineDined on 3/30/2014I got the lamb shank and eggs. With the potato cake. I was very please with my selection. The biscuit with honey butter is super yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foods, will definitelybonoDined on 3/29/2014Awesome foods, will definitely make this a favorite spot to eat. Owners make it a point to visit tables and gain input on how they could make your dining experience better. Excellent wine, whisky and scotch list. Nice variety of meal choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Our one of several visits to Scotch and Vine. Excellent service every time; attentive and mature staff; knowledgeable; The food is fantastic!! Upscale fare at reasonable price and delicious! The ambience is perfect for low-key, relaxing and elegant gathering while also being fun and super enjoyable. Love it!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy dinner at Scotch and VineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014We went to Scotch and Vine as part of the Dine Around Seattle promotion, and had great food, and a very pleasant experience. The atmosphere of the place is informal and relaxing, the servers took good care of us, and I went back a couple of days later. I only wish Des Moines was not such a long drive from where I live in NE Seattle! Unpredictable traffic past Northgate, through downtown, and past South Center. But that's not Scotch and Vine's fault, and Des Moines is a really nice place, once you get there. The trip back north was a breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodElBorbaDined on 3/26/2014It's hard to write a review here because the food was tasty and plentiful and of very high quality. I would eat the exact same meal, the osso bucco, again. However, it was very oil-heavy, even for a pork shank. The veggies were also heavy on olive oil and there was an abundance of butter. I thought that there could have been some lighter veggies to cut the oil, or something more astringent. There was some boiled cabbage which helped cut the oil a bit but it needed something more potent or needed to be drained a little longer prior to serving. It was however, delicious, tender, large, and of exceptional quality. The 1/2 green salad we had was sufficient to serve two people. Tuxedo cake was okay but drizzled with Hershey's syrup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/26/2014We went on the 3 for $30 night and they were short staff. They were also training a new person. Perhaps that explains why the service was so bad. We had to wait at least a half hour to order. Then we waited for our first course, and second course. We finally had to ask for dessert after another long wait--then they brought the wrong thing--and to be honest the dessert wasn't worth waiting for. Food was pretty mediocre. No reason to go back.
- Good food, great servicePatfromSVDined on 3/20/2014Scotch and Vines is a great neighborhood restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere, good wine list, and fantastic Scotch list. The food is good too! Will definitely keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time for food and friendsKayJayDined on 3/10/2014I went to The Scotch and Wine with two of my best friends to celebrate one of their birthdays! The food, staff, and atmosphere were all wonderful! We also did the dine around Seattle menu which was top notched!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Great service, great food, great spirits, great wine! Don't miss this jewel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Without a doubt the best restaurantProhack0421Dined on 3/7/2014Without a doubt the best restaurant I have ever visited, with a mind blowing selection of exquisite whiskey and conversion ending foods. A wonderful place for a special occasion. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about their liquor selection, and the chef a true master of his craft. Will be back as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not SureOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/6/2014They were very nice and fairly incompetent with serving drink and food, although they were trying and some of the dishes were as described and tasty. Others were not. The salad was wonderful. The pastas were swimming in sauce. Perhaps the music nights are better.Special Features:
- Would come backPinofanDined on 3/1/2014We found this place from a post on Facebook and then found a Groupon for it. We enjoyed the meal, the ambiance and found a great new wine that we had not tried. Only wish the Wine List would have been a little bigger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but the waiterGloriaDined on 2/28/2014Food was good but the waiter was really bad. Didn't ask us how's the food and when we ask him to box our food he didn't even come. Other waitier came and help us and then our waiter just took the money and didn't even say thank you. Worst waiter ever!!!!Special Features:
- Food and service were outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2014Many great food choices! My favorites for the night were the "tres sheik" hummus appetizer and the "Black Hills Gold Buffalo Burger". Staff was spectacular from the moment I stepped in the door. I only have a small complaint. Though they had an outrageous selection of scotches, their wine list was rather short, not the 200 listed on their website (unless I was never shown the full list). Being named "The Scotch and Vine", I expected an equal amount to each list. Had a Groupon to try them out, but would definitely return without one again! :)Special Features:
- OkaySpoderDined on 2/22/2014I was looking forward to trying this restaurant out seeing the good reviews it has gotten from many reviewers. The food was good not great, the place was loud with the live music. Hard to hear someone across the table from you but that is no big deal. The service though was very lacking. Quite disappointing when you need to ask three time for the salad you ordered after your group has gotten there salad and their dinners... On a positive note the fried cheese is awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Friday so noise levelNormaDined on 2/21/2014It was Friday so noise level was high I would go on weekend to see if it is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousSerenityDined on 2/16/2014I had a chicken dish that is my new favorite. I would definitely try this place again whenever near SeaTac Airport at dinner time. That sauce was superb! I generally do not care for mashed potatoes [rather have roasted or rice]; nevertheless, I would try those again with that marvelous sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing wine and scotch listIlovehawaiiDined on 2/15/2014Over 250 tastings of wine scotch whiskey ... Etc. great place to do a sampling. I had a fantastic specialty cocktail too. Fun place. Great cheese selections too. Great food. We have gone for breakfast too and it's great. Very very slow service the whole night. They were busy but there are only about 15 table plus bar area. We waiting more than 20 min just for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome local gemOutofTownerDined on 2/14/2014Special menu was well put together, with several options. Executution was flawless. Service was attentive without being an annoyance. Great experience as always.Special Features:
- I was the issue...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Being 8 months pregnant with diabetes makes eating out a challenge. It was Valentine's Day so a special effort was in order. I looked up their menu online and felt confident that I would find plenty of things to eat. When we were seated we were given a special Valentine's menu...I couldn't eat anything but the steak for various reasons. The waiter patiently listened to why we were going to leave then asked for a minute to talk to the Chef. Moments later the Chef came over, acknowledged that the menu would be difficult to eat from and asked for a chance to adjust the courses. We stayed and were very glad we did. The food was excellent! They went out of their way on a stressful business day and it was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ValentineslkhopperDined on 2/14/2014This little neighborhood gem again did not disappoint us with there special menu for Valentine's day. The celeriac purée was a fantastic surprise. We have allows been treated like old friends by the knowledgeable staff, Chris certainly knows his scotch. As usual we ad a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood spot!ShopoholicDined on 2/14/2014We went on valentine's day using a Groupon and did not have high expectations from the looks outside. BUT, once you open the door and walk through, it's a completely different experience! The special menu for that day was absolutely delicious! I love that they use open table for reservations. I wished more places did. This is the perfect "hole in the wall" hidden gem! The chef was very creative in his dishes and each bite was heaven! And, as the name suggests, they have an unbelievable amount of different scotches, whiskeys and wine! Stick with traditional cocktails and stay away from the newer fancier ones - this is not the place for that. Definitely will be going back - I suggest you go too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.