Wild Note Cafe
143 S. Cedros Ave.
Solana Beach, CA 92075Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Wild Note Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildnotecafe.com/
- Phone: 8587209000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Izzy Balderas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Entertainment: Available next door at the Belly Up.
- Public Transit: We are located in the heart of the Solana Beach Cedros Design District, within walking distance of the Amtrack Station. Also, just two blocks off the 101, Wild Note Cafe is located near a bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking andoff-street lots are available.
A word from Wild Note Cafe
As part of the world renowned Belly Up, The Wild Note Café is a neighborhood bistro style restaurant with exceptional atmosphere, exciting food & excellent service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wild Note Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- The Cafe is attached to theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/13/2013The Cafe is attached to the club next door, which gives an interesting vibe. The food was wonderful and very creative. We attended for restaurant week and loved some of the new items which we hope are placed onto the regular menu soon, such as the roasted beet salad and the pork wellington. The roasted beet salad (with almond crusted goat cheese, spinach, and warm bacon-dijon vinaigrette) was the best version I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- First visit - really enjoyed it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012We made a reservation as we were heading to a show at the Belly Up. Since there was a group of 4 we decided to order a few appetizers and the special entree to share. While everything was good the table favorite were the Ahi Tartar Tacos served in Crispy Wontons. We even ordered a second on those. Access to the club was easy and when it was time we just lined up in the corridor and didn't have to bother standing out in the line with everyone else. Prices were reasonable and I would definitely recommend it! I know I'll be returning again!Special Features:
- Stopped for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2012Stopped for dinner before attending a concert at the Belly Up. Patrons get to line up t get in the venue. the food was really good and the perfect portion size. And reasonably priced. Wine and beer list was good.Special Features:
- Enjoy!!GailCVIPDined on 10/22/2012Super for a pre-concert (BellyUp)meal!! The menu offers variety with veggie options. Service is very good and attentive --glasses were regularly refilled. Recommended!!Special Features:
- This is a nice little spot.BRuthDined on 10/6/2012This is a nice little spot. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Delicious food! Our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2012Delicious food! Our party of four each enjoyed a different meal and all agreed it was delicious! Had tickets to the Belly Up next door and found it so very convenient, not extra parking and being able to go in the back entrance. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012We were pleasantly surprised at how yummy the food was. A little small but that added to the ambiance. Fun music.Will go back when we are in the areaSpecial Features:
- The service was super!!!!CobyDined on 7/16/2012The service was super!!!! It is very low key. Really a neighborhood restaurant. I was not expecting it. But the food was good.Special Features:
- I've been here several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2012I've been here several times, and this is the first time I've received service that was not up to par. Our waitress never checked back with us and was practically M.I.A. the entire evening but we saw her tending to other tables and it almost seemed like she was trying to avoid eye contact with us. Fortunately, the other waiters, waitresses, and bus boys checked in on us (because our hands were raised for their attention) otherwise we'd be waiting until the morning. It wasn't THAT busy, there were some empty tables, there were so many people working, and yet our waitress never really came around. I will still go there in the future before my concerts at the Belly Up but may request a different waitress if I see her again.
- Some of the worst food i haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012Some of the worst food i have ever eaten. If you do go, avoid the fish taco at all costs. There is no excuse to serve dried out fish and flavorless salsa when we live only a short drive from baja.
- The Wild Note Cafe has a verySmiley1Dined on 5/18/2012The Wild Note Cafe has a very pleasant wait staff and wonderful food! Located next to the Belly-up Tavern concert venue it is a great place to go before a show! (which is what we did) But I was impressed enough that I want to go on a day trip to Solana Beach to have lunch there! Overall it was a very YUMMY experience!Special Features:
- Great spot right next to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2012Great spot right next to the Belly Up Tavern. We hit this place up every time we go to a concert there and they let you in the side door from the restaurant. Good service, great food. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful dinner.BuhayDined on 5/9/2012We had a wonderful dinner. The food and service was excellent. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great spot - particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/30/2012Great spot - particularly if you will be attending an event at the Belly Up which is right next door. Fun decor, casual and comfortable for the most part. We were seated on the patio, which was nice, but heaters made it overly warm - could have just been our location. Tables are close throughout, which is fine unless you want to have private conversation. Service was friendly & professional with just the right amount of attentiveness. Food was very good, and attractively presented. If I'm back in the area, I'd definitely eat here again. Oh - and price point is just right.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the mealSheriDined on 4/7/2012We enjoyed our dinner at Wild Note. Our server was very friendly and helpful and the service was great from beginning to end. Soup special - Manhattan style clam (and lobster?) chowder was a hit. Very nice flavor. My husband was crazy for the dijon crusted salmon. I liked the Thai curry shrimp, though it was super saucy so my rice was completely soaked. The sauce was good though, so no major complaints, and lots of nice crisp fresh veggies. I really like the patio when the plastic shade is up, but since it was chilly the shade was down, which created an odd cave-like feeling with kind of echoey acoustics. I think I prefer WN for lunch because I love a sidewalk patio, but overall we were pretty happy.